ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Daboll installing the 2010 Browns Offense? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259775)

Bowser 05-22-2012 12:29 PM

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=230&h=145

vailpass 05-22-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8631949)

LMAO That's a great gif, haven't seen that one. It could apply to so many situations...

saphojunkie 05-22-2012 12:41 PM

As I get older, the more I believe that coaches do next to nothing. Give a coach a hall of fame quarterback - he's a genius. Give him Matt Cassell - he's fired. It's that simple.

If Romeo manages to get a top QB in the draft next year, then he'll be around the team until he decides to retire. If not, this all gets blown up.

Unless Brady Quinn destroys!! Yeah!! Woo hoo!!

:(

jspchief 05-22-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 8631720)
well he is installing his offense - and he did work for cleveland in 2010 - is this news? Perhaps he is installing the 2004 Patriots offense? Or the 2011 dolphins offense.. and so on and so on... He is installing his offense. He was hired to do so.

Great point. I don't know why anyone would think that he would change anything. His offense clearly has had great results everywhere he's been. That's why we brought him in. Or something. So.

whoman69 05-22-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8631973)
As I get older, the more I believe that coaches do next to nothing. Give a coach a hall of fame quarterback - he's a genius. Give him Matt Cassell - he's fired. It's that simple.

If Romeo manages to get a top QB in the draft next year, then he'll be around the team until he decides to retire. If not, this all gets blown up.

Brady (hasn't taken a snap in 2 years) Quinn?!?

RealSNR 05-22-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Give Brian Billick a QB like Trent Dilfer - he's a genius /Pioli

nychief 05-22-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8631979)
Great point. I don't know why anyone would think that he would change anything. His offense clearly has had great results everywhere he's been. That's why we brought him in. Or something. So.

First off, where in this quote does it say he hasn't changed anything in the offense. But, moreover, the chiefs obviously believe his offense is the type of offense they want... that's why they hired him. He is an offensive coordinator, not a head coach... This thread is ****ing reeruned. People just bitching to bitch... we haven't even got to TC yet... much less a game.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-22-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8631966)
LMAO That's a great gif, haven't seen that one. It could apply to so many situations...

We'll see it again when broke neck goes down because of his below average left tackle.

BoneKrusher 05-22-2012 01:29 PM

hope his playbook has a lot of different 3 yard bomb plays.

Ace Gunner 05-22-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

reality sets in. and so.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-22-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8632098)
hope his playbook has a lot of different 3 yard bomb plays.

With Cassel we may as hell have a Tecmo Super Bowl playbook. Except all 4 pass plays are the ones where it's all hooks and flats.

BigMeatballDave 05-22-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8632113)
With Cassel we may as hell have a Tecmo Super Bowl playbook. Except all 4 pass plays are the ones where it's all hooks and flats.

LMAO

BoneKrusher 05-22-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8632113)

yeah i just wanted to make sure his playbook let Cassel reach his full Potential.

it would be terrible if we had to settle for two yard bombs.

Hoover 05-22-2012 01:43 PM

I would rather have a guy come in and install a system he's never coached.

Signed,

Chiefs Planet

BoneKrusher 05-22-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 8632140)
I would rather have a guy come in and install a system he's never coached.

Signed,

Chiefs Planet

i doubt Daboll has ever worked with a QB who has the Potential Cassel has.