ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft We just might get a trade down yet. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272042)

lcarus 04-12-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9581023)
I'm talking about what the Bills, Raiders, Cardinals, and Browns think of Kolb, Flynn, Palmer, and Campbell respectively.

I'll betcha $10 and a bag of doughnuts they don't give a shit about those guys, even if they start them for at least one season at QB.

They have no bearing whatsoever on how the QBs will fall in this draft.

They probably think the same thing the Chiefs SHOULD think of Alex Smith.

Fat Elvis 04-12-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9581020)
Yep. Anything more would just be gravy.

And the more I think about it, the more sure I am that we'll want to trade down. I doubt we are content with not having a second round pick.
Posted via Mobile Device

FYP. It takes two to trade...

Baby Lee 04-12-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9580975)
Look at the teams that needed QBs that made moves for less than special QBs the Chiefs included. Outside of this place nobody is raving about Smith. This place has gone over the deep end with this kid. He may pan out who knows. That said the love fest going on here is strange~

I think even there, it's more of a 'I just want them to do it once, it's been too long' and 'everybody sucks in this draft and a QB is what we NEED' thing than a love fest at this point.

RNR 04-12-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9581023)
No, YOU don't get it.

I didn't bring up Geno Smith. You did. I never intended to talk about him, either. He's not in this discussion.

I'm talking about what the Bills, Raiders, Cardinals, and Browns think of Kolb, Flynn, Palmer, and Campbell respectively.

I'll betcha $10 and a bag of doughnuts they don't give a shit about those guys, even if they start them for at least one season at QB.

They have no bearing whatsoever on how the QBs will fall in this draft.

Could be, the reports I have read indicated those teams were not high enough on any QB to make a move to get one and Smith is rated the best of a very weak class so he gets mentioned in the conversation. KC has the only lock on the guy and they traded for a nothing special QB. So yes it is not a radical thought that Smith may slide~

-King- 04-12-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9581028)
FYP. It takes two to trade...

I'm sure there are teams that want to trade up. Just a matter of finding who has the best offer.

RealSNR 04-12-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9581038)
'everybody sucks in this draft and a QB is what we NEED'

That's a good enough reason to draft a QB at 1. And it's far from the only reason.

How will we ever win a Super Bowl without a Luke Joeckel?????

Said no one ever.

RNR 04-12-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

I think even there, it's more of a 'I just want them to do it once, it's been too long' and 'everybody sucks in this draft and a QB is what we NEED' thing than a love fest at this point.

You guys have some solid players in place. I think it would be silly for them to spend this pick on Smith. I will go on record saying KC might not only win 10 games but could win the west outright~

Renegade 04-12-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9581050)
You guys have some solid players in place. I think it would be silly for them to spend this pick on Smith. I will go on record saying KC might not only win 10 games but could win the west outright~

This is Chief's Pessimism lounge. Don't ruin it for us.

keg in kc 04-12-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

That's probably a misperception. A lot of us have been high on the guy for months and think he could be really good at the next level.

RNR 04-12-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade (Post 9581087)
This is Chief's Pessimism lounge. Don't ruin it for us.

That teams problems were coaching and QB. Both have been upgraded. Trust me I hope I am wrong~

BlackHelicopters 04-12-2013 04:45 PM

Will never happen.

Jerm 04-12-2013 04:46 PM

If the Jets trade Sanchez to the Bucs and gain an extra 1st rounder in a Revis trade, you gotta think that's your best option for a trade down.

B14ckmon 04-12-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9581106)
If the Jets trade Sanchez to the Bucs and gain an extra 1st rounder in a Revis trade, you gotta think that's your best option for a trade down.

Who are the Jets going to trade up to #1 for? Come on now.

Jerm 04-12-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9581112)
Who are the Jets going to trade up to #1 for? Come on now.

If they do in fact trade Sanchez, trade up for Smith.

Baby Lee 04-12-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9581090)
That's probably a misperception. A lot of us have been high on the guy for months and think he could be really good at the next level.

Your faith has to have wavered some as more info comes in. Not saying you've fallen into despair, or are just trying to save face. I just don't see how people can be so metaphysically certain on the guy, given the mountains of analysis.