ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft No elite in this draft. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266016)

ChiefsCountry 11-01-2012 09:43 AM

Barkley's got the national stage Saturday night.

Rasputin 11-01-2012 09:46 AM

So it has been written:

It is easier for a cammel to go through the eye of a needle than let the Chiefs draft a first round quarterback / Jesus

mr. tegu 11-01-2012 09:47 AM

If these guys came out any other year there would be nothing but positives, upside and potential spewing from the pundits. Instead they came out the year after one of the best prospects ever and one of the most unique ever. Both Barkley and Smith will be really good right away and have potential to be elite.

Ace Gunner 11-01-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9070984)
I'd argue vehemently that Cam Newton was indeed a driven winner. Go watch his senior year at Auburn. He put that team on his back and simply took over games because there were no other options.

Anyway, I digress...

RGIII had a superb junior year.

His sophomore year, 2010, Baylor was 7-6.
His Heisman junior year, Baylor was 10-3.

And if you are saying that Smith isn't a driven winner, you would be wrong. He's put WV on his back a multitude of times.

And he's not a "running" QB, which you seem to be eluding to anyway.

I'm not fully comprehending what you are trying to get at, so this is why this response is so vague.

Smith is a stud. He's a better pure QB prospect than Griffin IMO.

RG3 uses his legs if necessary, Geno & Cam like to stay put. But, Smith will move around to buy time much the way Cam does it.

ForeverChiefs58 11-01-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9070950)
At some point we all have to get over this and move on. Yes, everybody wishes we got one of those guys. It didn't happen.

Time to move on and stop talking about Luck or RG3.

I can also see how this could be a huge focal point with some fans.

Fans have finally had it. I have heard many say that for Pioli being exec genious and all, he should have had the foresight to see that with losing so many players, losing the head coach, and another losing season staring him in the face timed with the best pair of QB's to come out in decades, should have been enough for him to put us in a position to get one of them. It was only our greatest position of need and biggest weakness. He didn't do it. He gave false hope stating it would be addressed. He failed.

30 years is too long!! That could easily be put on a banner. Just sayin.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-01-2012 09:52 AM

Well dang. Guess we shouldn't draft one then.

Chief Roundup 11-01-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9070940)
Another reason that it would have made more sense to sign Orton to a multi year deal and draft a QBotF that needed time to develop. Then your team isn't complete shit as you rebuild.

You know that sounds good. And I am sure that is what more successful orginizations would of and have done......Packers. But not this orginization, we can't draft a QB in the middle rounds and develop one.

DTLB58 11-01-2012 09:53 AM

We will lose out and draft Barkley.

I've been watching college games every Saturday (laid up with a knee replacement) and I've seen several QB's who are better now in College than any of the 3 the Chiefs have. They don't have to be elite to be a significant upgrade to make the Chiefs better.

If this team has a real coaching staff with a decent QB with these weapons, just the QB will be enough to make the difference.

King_Chief_Fan 11-01-2012 09:54 AM

there is no draft candidate elite enough to carry this sorry team.

So any of the top three Qb's will be far better than what is on the roster today.
Beyond the players drafted, all that Pioli, RAC, Daboll crap needs to be resolved or the bunch of them (draftee's) will give the Chiefs a big middle finger.

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-01-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9070997)
RG3 uses his legs if necessary, Geno & Cam like to stay put. But, Smith will move around to buy time much the way Cam does it.

Cam likes to stay put? Is that why he's leading his team in rushing?

Ace Gunner 11-01-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9070950)
At some point we all have to get over this and move on. Yes, everybody wishes we got one of those guys. It didn't happen.

Time to move on and stop talking about Luck or RG3.

I think the moves Pioli made last season are what cooked his goose here. He failed to get face time with Manning, didn't make an attempt at Orton, didn't try for one of the two elite QB's that will go down in NFL history as the next "Peyton & Brady or Montana & Marino" type players of the decade and he fired the wrong coach.

All this because of his faith in Matty C, a guy that already proved last season to be an absolute failure.

R8RFAN 11-01-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9070822)

On Jamarcus Russell

"JaMarcus Russell is going to immediately energize that fanbase, that football team -- on the practice field, in that locker room," ESPN's Mel Kiper said at the time. "Three years from now you could be looking at a guy that's certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this league. ...You're talking about a 2-3 year period once he's under center. Look out because the skill level that he has is certainly John Elway-like."

Todd McShay's comments:
"I can't remember being in such awe of a quarterback in my decade of attending combines and pro days. Russell's passing session was the most impressive of all the pro days I've been to. His footwork for such a big quarterback was surprising. He was nimble in his dropbacks, rolling out and throwing on the run. The ball just explodes out of his hands."

Chief Roundup 11-01-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9070981)

:thumb:

BossChief 11-01-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9070876)
We better spend some picks on O-Linemen. The way this line has blocked, our new QBOTF may end up with David Carr-syndrome.

Our offensive line has graded out in the top five in the league on most advanced stat websites.

The offensive line is just fine...maybe a versatile interior linemen would be a good pick in the mid rounds, but no more premium picks need to be spent there.

Chief Roundup 11-01-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9070984)
I'd argue vehemently that Cam Newton was indeed a driven winner. Go watch his senior year at Auburn. He put that team on his back and simply took over games because there were no other options.

I think Cam was driven by external forces. He will be one of those players that will only have good years when there is a contract on the line.