ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2014 Royals Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279729)

WhawhaWhat 06-14-2014 09:22 AM

1 pm game today.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Beer Drinkers &amp; Hell Raisers Lineup: Aoki 9, Infante 4, Hosmer 3, Butler DH, Gordon 7, Perez 2, Cain 8, Moustakas 5, Escobar 6, Duffy 1.</p>&mdash; Andy McCullough (@McCulloughStar) <a href="https://twitter.com/McCulloughStar/statuses/477831870978088960">June 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kidd Lex 06-14-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10690505)
This Tigers team looks a lot more like what I thought it would than their early season showings.

Didn't expect Verlander to be this mortal (he might have honestly fallen off the same cliff Tim Lincecum did), but other than that, the Tigers are - overall - about what I expected at the start of the year.

They're vulenerable.

Shows how important a good to great pen is especially with a dominant closer. Imagine swapping pens with the Tigers... I'm guessing an 8 game swing easy for both Teams.

Prison Bitch 06-14-2014 09:55 AM

Who woulda thunk that in Year 2 of "The trade", neither Shields nor Myers would be the most valuable piece? Baseball is weird that way.

Speaking of weird whatever happened to Chiefs O's Fan? That turd was trolling all year about the trade, but this year he's completely disappeared. Ran off to the hills. I wanted to ask him about it but alas, he jumped ship.

Prison Bitch 06-14-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 10690583)
Shows how important a good to great pen is especially with a dominant closer. Imagine swapping pens with the Tigers... I'm guessing an 8 game swing easy for both Teams.

Well, Oakland signed the venerable Jim Johnson to a megadeal to close games and he was so awful they dumped him into middle relief. They're still able to make do with a backup plan. What is Dombrowski's problem building a decent bullpen?

Demonpenz 06-14-2014 10:13 AM

The Tigers defense is shit. The Royals is the best I have ever seen.

sedated 06-14-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10690616)
Speaking of weird whatever happened to Chiefs O's Fan?

They banned him from the Royals thread, just like you got banned from the KU basketball thread, moves that have vastly improved both.

Archie F. Swin 06-14-2014 03:11 PM

Probably Q but you can now stream mlb.tv thru chromecast

BigCatDaddy 06-14-2014 03:42 PM

Ok. Deadlines trades. Moose seems to be cementing his spot as at worst a platoon with Valencia so what would we possibly aquire? A RF'er? Utility middle infield guy? Potential back of the rotation starter if someone goes down since Chen is looking like shit? Backup catcher worth a shit?

TambaBerry 06-14-2014 06:41 PM

Need to get rid of aoki the guy blows

tk13 06-14-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10691377)
Ok. Deadlines trades. Moose seems to be cementing his spot as at worst a platoon with Valencia so what would we possibly aquire? A RF'er? Utility middle infield guy? Potential back of the rotation starter if someone goes down since Chen is looking like shit? Backup catcher worth a shit?

The trade deadline could be a real letdown this year. The 2nd wild card team has brought more teams competing for a playoff spot... but this year it's brutal.

29 of the 30 teams are currently within 7.5 games of a playoff spot. Tampa Bay is probably the only guaranteed seller. The rest of the AL, including Houston, is now within 5 games of a playoff spot. There's another month to shake some of these teams out though. The Cubs/D-Backs/Padres will probably dump guys, but even they are within 6-7 games of a playoff spot. Some of these teams need to fall off or there'll be a few sellers trying to get prospects from the 22-25 teams in the hunt.

Brianfo 06-14-2014 07:04 PM

I'm taking my dad to college world series tomorrow and Finnegan isn't even pitching. That sucks.

alnorth 06-14-2014 07:25 PM

Even though the Tigers won, their bullpen was so terrible that they allowed the Twins to come back from a 11-1 deficit to make it interesting

C3HIEF3S 06-14-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 10691754)
The trade deadline could be a real letdown this year. The 2nd wild card team has brought more teams competing for a playoff spot... but this year it's brutal.

29 of the 30 teams are currently within 7.5 games of a playoff spot. Tampa Bay is probably the only guaranteed seller. The rest of the AL, including Houston, is now within 5 games of a playoff spot. There's another month to shake some of these teams out though. The Cubs/D-Backs/Padres will probably dump guys, but even they are within 6-7 games of a playoff spot. Some of these teams need to fall off or there'll be a few sellers trying to get prospects from the 22-25 teams in the hunt.

Absolutely correct.

And there isn't much on Tampa besides Longoria. There's also Loney, but he is a 1st baseman that hits for average and little power. We already have two of those so no on him.
There's no power hitter on that team either, Longoria leads them with 7.

The only hope to get another bat at the deadline is, as you mentioned tk, to hope some teams fall off and fall off hard.

If I were to bet, the team that you see right now is going to be what we see in August/September.

cmh6476 06-14-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 10691815)
Absolutely correct.

And there isn't much on Tampa besides Longoria. There's also Loney, but he is a 1st baseman that hits for average and little power. We already have two of those so no on him.
There's no power hitter on that team either, Longoria leads them with 7.

The only hope to get another bat at the deadline is, as you mentioned tk, to hope some teams fall off and fall off hard.

If I were to bet, the team that you see right now is going to be what we see in August/September.

I agree. I wonder if they wouldn't look to grab a utility guy for a minor league arm or player to be named or cash or something. But I also wouldn't be surprised if we just ride this team wherever they take us.

CoMoChief 06-14-2014 07:59 PM

what a great game that was today.