ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs John Dorsey agrees to become Browns GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312170)

pugsnotdrugs19 11-07-2019 05:19 PM

Dorsey with a big time extension for......

JC Tretter, center. https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/...440764931?s=21

$23M guaranteed seems awful rich for this guy.

Deberg_1990 11-07-2019 05:21 PM

Glad they found their “Franchise” center.

Megatron96 11-07-2019 05:23 PM

Right now Dorsey is looking a little foolish with the Kitchens hire. And 23M for a center seems high. But then again, I also think paying Dak more than 15M is a stretch . . .

BryanBusby 11-07-2019 05:29 PM

Tretter has been good for them and the price is around market appropriate.

jjchieffan 11-07-2019 06:18 PM

It's too early to tell yet. But right now, I'm not seeing a drop off from Dorsey to Veach. Dorsey has definitely improved the Browns, but he's not doing well in the head coach hires. It's looking like the resurrection of the Chiefs from 2-14 to perennial playoff contender was more to do with Reid than it was Dorsey.

Megatron96 11-07-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 14580309)
It's too early to tell yet. But right now, I'm not seeing a drop off from Dorsey to Veach. Dorsey has definitely improved the Browns, but he's not doing well in the head coach hires. It's looking like the resurrection of the Chiefs from 2-14 to perennial playoff contender was more to do with Reid than it was Dorsey.

Agreed. I think it shows just how integral to success good coaching is vs. just having talented players.

Dorsey and others in that organization thought all they had to do was put a bunch of good/great athletes/talents on the field and they would be guaranteed a winning season, regardless of who they installed as HC.

The result has been a catastrophic failure.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-07-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

It's looking like the resurrection of the Chiefs from 2-14 to perennial playoff contender was more to do with Reid than it was Dorsey.

I am thoroughly shocked by this take.

smithandrew051 11-07-2019 07:22 PM

The Dorsey tenure in Cleveland will ultimately be judged on how Mayfield and Kitchens pan out.

As of now, Dorsey is (arguably) 0-2.

JakeF 11-07-2019 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14580399)
The Dorsey tenure in Cleveland will ultimately be judged on how Mayfield and Kitchens pan out.

As of now, Dorsey is (arguably) 0-2.

Dorsey made a big mistake by going to Kitchens instead of just staying with Robinson. He could have always gone to kitchens later but he can never go back.

Chiefshrink 11-07-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14580196)
Right now Dorsey is looking a little foolish with the Kitchens hire.

and the Mayfield pick.ROFL

Chiefshrink 11-07-2019 07:36 PM

Quote:

Dorsey has definitely improved the Browns, but he's not doing well in the head coach hires.

This is because Dorsey might be showing the fact he wants weak personalities he can control so he gets no push back personnel wise. King Carl once Shotty was gone was like this and let's not mention Vermeil(conflict of interest there) Pioli didn't realize how much Haley was not a yes man but Pioli is another control freak. Look at Jerry Jones(Garrett is a yes man). Look at Elway. They all hire wussy coaches who won't buck the system. Elway learned his lesson with Fox and Kubes as well. Look at who he hired after Kubes was gone.

Dorsey is following the same pattern IMHO.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-07-2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14580443)
This is because Dorsey might be showing the fact he wants weak personalities he can control so he gets no push back personnel wise. King Carl once Shotty was gone was like this and let's not mention Vermeil(conflict of interest there) Pioli didn't realize how much Haley was not a yes man but Pioli is another control freak. Look at Jerry Jones(Garrett is a yes man). Look at Elway. They all hire wussy coaches who won't buck the system. Elway learned his lesson with Fox and Kubes as well. Look at who he hired after Kubes was gone.

Dorsey is following the same pattern IMHO.

What makes you or anyone else believe that Dorsey has complete control over personnel as well as players?

BWillie 11-07-2019 09:08 PM

Baker Mayfield sucks, don't get me wrong, but he has got to lead the league in WR drops that end up being interceptions.

I think he's an NFL QB, but not a good one. Maybe a back up as a spark plug like Fitzmagic.