ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

CaliforniaChief 01-11-2013 10:55 PM

Now I'm not sure if I want Salvy to hit 35 HR's...

-King- 01-11-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9307229)
I'll defecate in a cereal bowl and eat it in front of the entire chiefs planet if sal perez hits 35 homers.

ROFL

alnorth 01-12-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9307211)
Ned Yost this morning said that 6 Royals have the potential to hit 25+ HRs this season. He had Cain and Gordon hitting 20-25. Moose and Hosmer hitting 25-30. Perez hitting 30-35 and Butler hitting 35-40.

And he also talked about being much more aggressive this season on offense and letting the hitters take big swings when they needed to.

If that actually happens, we'll comfortably win the division unless the pitching completely falls apart.

Three7s 01-12-2013 10:40 AM

There is no way this team is gonna hit that many homers. Not a chance in hell.

It'd be one of the best offenses in baseball. Yost and the Royals are just trying to butter everyone up. I guess they haven't realized that we've sucked for 25+ years.

Yost needs to learn how to shut up.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-12-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9307263)
Now I'm not sure if I want Salvy to hit 35 HR's...

Wicked's been spewing shit since he got here, so should be used to the flavor by now.....

Prison Bitch 01-13-2013 11:10 AM

This is so dumb since Detroit's power hitting duo hit 44 & 30 and won the division with ease. I mean, if Prince "of power" FIelder only hits 30 home runs, who the hell really believes Sal Perez would hit 35? Butler hitting 40?

Ned Yost should be slapped across the face for being an idiot. Gordon aint hitting 25 either, eh's basically become a slap hitter now.

Hootie 01-13-2013 11:13 AM

pocket fours

Saul Good 01-13-2013 12:31 PM

If we're going to use a poker analogy, we have to acknowledge that the Royals are short-stacked. KJ isn't a great hand, but eventually you have to push in chips on your own terms.

gblowfish 01-13-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9307229)
I'll defecate in a cereal bowl and eat it in front of the entire chiefs planet if sal perez hits 35 homers.

I think you better pray to Sweet Jesus you are right, because about 50 CPers are going to hold you to this quote.

We ain't talkin' cocoa pebbles, either!

DeezNutz 01-13-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9313041)
Gordon aint hitting 25 either, eh's basically become a slap hitter now.

lol. A slap hitter who led the league in doubles. Are HRs far more valuable than doubles? Of course. But let's not go crazy in the other direction in order to prove a point about Gordon's HR capability because it ends up looking foolish.

Demonpenz 01-13-2013 12:49 PM

I've seen butler killing it in the weight room. Watch out Kauffman Stadium

Ceej 01-13-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9313320)
If we're going to use a poker analogy, we have to acknowledge that the Royals are short-stacked. KJ isn't a great hand, but eventually you have to push in chips on your own terms.

Jack-King off.

Well played!

Demonpenz 01-13-2013 12:54 PM

Well played.

Prison Bitch 01-13-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9313415)
lol. A slap hitter who led the league in doubles. Are HRs far more valuable than doubles? Of course. But let's not go crazy in the other direction in order to prove a point about Gordon's HR capability because it ends up looking foolish.

Yeah, those 14 bombs he hit in 650 AB last year were REALLLLLLY impressive. Gosh weren't you just blown away by that power surge? Don't you suspect steroids or something now when a guy hits 14 home runs in a season? What a power hitter!

He's a slap and line drive hitter, not close to a power hitter. He was supposed to be a Ryan Braun and hit 35hr. Maybe he'd fall short and be an Aramis Ramirez and hit 25 every year. Nobody thought he'd have Mark Teahen power. Alex hits line drives and is able to leg out lots of extra bases with his speed & athleticism and intelligence.

But his power is barely existent. He's a shadow of what we thought he'd be. Nobody figured he'd become a 5-WAR player by racking up tons of legged-out doubles and playing great defense in LF. Tht wasn't what we thought we were getting.

Three7s 01-13-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9313510)
Yeah, those 14 bombs he hit in 650 AB last year were REALLLLLLY impressive. Gosh weren't you just blown away by that power surge? Don't you suspect steroids or something now when a guy hits 14 home runs in a season? What a power hitter!

He's a slap and line drive hitter, not close to a power hitter. He was supposed to be a Ryan Braun and hit 35hr. Maybe he'd fall short and be an Aramis Ramirez and hit 25 every year. Nobody thought he'd have Mark Teahen power. Alex hits line drives and is able to leg out lots of extra bases with his speed & athleticism and intelligence.

But his power is barely existent. He's a shadow of what we thought he'd be. Nobody figured he'd become a 5-WAR player by racking up tons of legged-out doubles and playing great defense in LF. Tht wasn't what we thought we were getting.

I figured he'd be a 15-20 homer guy when I followed him in the Minors. If anyone else expected more, then I don't know what to say. He's a line-drive hitter. If he can bump up his average more, he could be similar to Mauer.