ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234627)

keg in kc 06-12-2013 06:23 PM

I didn't even realize they were doing midnight shows tonight. I'd probably do it if I didn't have tickets at 7 tomorrow. Plus I'm buried with work and tired as shit. I'd hate to not enjoy the movie because I'm cranky when I walk in the door (it happens).

Chiefs Pantalones 06-12-2013 06:31 PM

A friend of mine just saw it (special screening for his firm) and he absolutely loved it. He's seeing it Saturday again. He said best since TDK.

Tribal Warfare 06-12-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9748098)
A friend of mine just saw it (special screening for his firm) and he absolutely loved it. He's seeing it Saturday again. He said best since TDKR.

LOL, last summer

Chiefs Pantalones 06-12-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9748078)
I didn't even realize they were doing midnight shows tonight. I'd probably do it if I didn't have tickets at 7 tomorrow. Plus I'm buried with work and tired as shit. I'd hate to not enjoy the movie because I'm cranky when I walk in the door (it happens).

Edited it. TDK. And he's more of a Batman fan so that was shocking to hear.

AphexPhin 06-12-2013 06:42 PM

Wow last time I checked this was at 86% over at Rotten Tomatoes now its just at 63%. Still seeing it though but it seems like the rating is really free falling.

Deberg_1990 06-12-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9748078)

I guess I didn't either...but the special Wal Mart pass screenings started at 7PM

Deberg_1990 06-12-2013 07:17 PM

What's funny is, there are midnight screenings tonight, but no showings the rest of the day tomorrow?? At least in my area.....

Sure-Oz 06-12-2013 08:32 PM

Seems like all the superhero/nerds LOVE this movie and critics are really ON about it or OFF...

I feel like the RT score is going to be BS when it's all said and done. No way Superman Returns will be better than this. I've seen several people say how awesome it is. Is it just a Superman thing?

I'm baffled how the score has fallen to 62% but I expect to love it more than Iron Man 3

It seems like some want it to be 'less' serious than it is and more campy.

keg in kc 06-12-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9748159)
I guess I didn't either...but the special Wal Mart pass screenings started at 7PM

That's what I have. It's tomorrow (thursday the 13th) at 7.

007 06-12-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9748354)
Seems like all the superhero/nerds LOVE this movie and critics are really ON about it or OFF...

I feel like the RT score is going to be BS when it's all said and done. No way Superman Returns will be better than this. I've seen several people say how awesome it is. Is it just a Superman thing?

I'm baffled how the score has fallen to 62% but I expect to love it more than Iron Man 3

It seems like some want it to be 'less' serious than it is and more campy.

that is because it is all they have ever known. Some people just can't deal with change. hell, I thought Batman Begins was going to suck compared to Michael Keatons batman. Boy was I WAY wrong.

Sure-Oz 06-12-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9748566)
that is because it is all they have ever known. Some people just can't deal with change. hell, I thought Batman Begins was going to suck compared to Michael Keatons batman. Boy was I WAY wrong.

I hear ya... you're right. I went into bb and my mind was blown. I saw all 3 movies in theaters at least twice. I expect to see MOS atleast twice as well. The setup on trailers made me feel like it was closer to Batman Begins than the crap we've seen before. I'm just ready for it and sick of being annoyed by an overall rt score.

keg in kc 06-13-2013 12:05 AM

There also may have been preconceptions from the snobby side of the critic aisle because Zach Snyder was involved and he's a hack geek director.

(I know I had those pre-conceptions myself when he got the director nod)

It may also have something to do with the different tone that the DC films have versus the Marvel ones. There's a certain light-hearted feel to everything there, and maybe some people were expecting that same kind of feel, instead of a movie that's (from what I've read) pretty science fiction at the beginning, and about as grounded in gritty reality as a Superman movie can be once it's on Earth.

Usually high RT scores mean lots of dough, and lower scores equal bombs, but I think this time the RT score isn't going to make an iota of difference. This has the feel of a major event movie, and I think a lot of people (like myself) will see it more than once this weekend. I can't even remember the last time I was this excited for something, and that includes The Avengers, which I did not see opening weekend (at least I don't think I did) and definitely did not see more than once. And we all know how much that one made. This feels bigger to me, somehow. I doubt it will be over the long haul, but I think this is going to have a huge opening.

The last event movie for me was probably Avatar, and then The Dark Knight before that. It's been a while.

JD10367 06-13-2013 01:17 AM

Just watched it in IMAX 3D, typing this in the booth waiting for the lamps to cool down.

007 06-13-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9748780)
Just watched it in IMAX 3D, typing this in the booth waiting for the lamps to cool down.

aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnd?

keg in kc 06-13-2013 01:52 AM

Meant to post this earlier, know some of you were looking for spoiler free reviews:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4N7MVO26ySk?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>