ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260011)

Hootie 01-24-2013 06:19 PM

I destroy people online with Brady Quinn and Jamaal Charles. Pretty unrealistic. The 49ers are a super team.

Rugby Thompson 01-24-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9348619)
I destroy people online with Brady Quinn and Jamaal Charles. Pretty unrealistic. The 49ers are a super team.

PS3 or 360? If it's PS3, let's get in a game sometime.

Yeah, the 49ers are a super team, same with Atlanta. Even the chiefs sometimes feel like a super team, charles is so fast in 13.

ThaVirus 01-24-2013 09:08 PM

Yeah, I ****ing hate playing against people using the 9ers. You could be the worst player ever and they'll make you look average, at least..

You guys should try out the Seahawks if you haven't already; I ****ing love them.

Rugby Thompson 01-24-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9349180)
Yeah, I ****ing hate playing against people using the 9ers. You could be the worst player ever and they'll make you look average, at least..

You guys should try out the Seahawks if you haven't already; I ****ing love them.

Yeah Seahawks are amazing to use.

An under rated team to use in madden that actually does work on a lot of teams, I hate to say it but the chargers. They're a fun passing team and I like they're d.

Dayze 01-25-2013 09:03 AM

I hadn't bought Madden since 2006; made a on the whim call and bought '10 I think; POS. Haven't bought one since. Contemplated it though....but my wife always reminds me "I thought you hated Maddedn". then I remember "Oh yeah.....**** that game"

2K all the way. NBA2K13 is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Madden/EA in every aspect.

ThaVirus 01-25-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9348608)
that said, I'd still destroy any of you ****ers online even though they REALLY dumbed down ****ing defense.

You have Xbox or PS3?

Rugby Thompson 01-25-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9349940)
I hadn't bought Madden since 2006; made a on the whim call and bought '10 I think; POS. Haven't bought one since. Contemplated it though....but my wife always reminds me "I thought you hated Maddedn". then I remember "Oh yeah.....**** that game"

2K all the way. NBA2K13 is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Madden/EA in every aspect.

It is but I find there's not that many teams to choose from in NBA 2K13, it's very unbalanced and I find the online play is worse then Madden's sometimes.

everyone is always either heat, lakers, okc or knicks.

Hootie 01-25-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9350410)
You have Xbox or PS3?

Xbox.

lcarus 01-25-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9348610)
I'm thinking about trading it in before April for NCAA.

There is no reason to keep that game if there is no NCAA draft uploaded or a NCAA draft roster created by others that I can use.

Yeah that really pissed me off when I found out you can no longer do that. Especially since NCAA is actually really good this year and I was interested in drafting some of my players.

Hootie 01-25-2013 08:56 PM

I want to know who had the idea and who decided it was a good idea to sign off on those two things?

"Hey, lets not do franchise fantasy drafts this year. No one likes those!"

"Hey, lets not let people import their players from our sister game this year...that oughtta be good for business!"

****ing morons

NJChiefsFan 01-28-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9348608)
the fact you can't do a fantasy draft in franchise/career mode is a ****ing joke

I only play Madden now-a-days when I am playing my friends one on one. However, in the past my friend and I used to play a fantasy draft season as two different teams. If we still intended to do that and found out you couldn't do a fantasy draft we would be PISSED. That is a joke.

@Sorter The new system they are using for player movement is supposed to pay off in the long run. I have no idea if it will or why. It looks bad though. Guys falling over each other. I hate when you bump into your oline and fall down.

Dayze 01-28-2013 08:14 AM

does Madden still have DL/OL player suction/blocking? and/or OL completely ignoring defenders?

My biggest complaint from '10 is when blitzing from the left (from the LT side), a the frigging RG would come all the way over and pick up my blitz. Yeah....that happens in real life.

and once engaged/sucked into a block, good luck gettig off of it.
MLBs with 70" verticals that intercept balls. CBs that react on a route before a reciever has even finished his route. Jamaal Charls getting run down on a sweep by a DT.

The series is awful. I'd understand if on occassion, one year wasn't up to par, but good god. It's been nearly a decade of garbage.

when does the contract between EA and NFLPA expire? If it expires and there is a competitor in place as an alternative, I have no idea why people would even bother with Madden. I would have to think there are droves of people fed of up Madden.

It's really gotten to the point where I don't even play football games anymore. I mean, I play NCAA here and there but usually have to take a break becase the recruiting just takes way too long (though improved from years past). I've been playing The Show, and NBA2k series......and I don't watch either of those sports in real life.

2k owns; and whatever company makes The Show.

Rugby Thompson 01-28-2013 01:20 PM

:doh!:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9357764)
does Madden still have DL/OL player suction/blocking? and/or OL completely ignoring defenders?

My biggest complaint from '10 is when blitzing from the left (from the LT side), a the frigging RG would come all the way over and pick up my blitz. Yeah....that happens in real life.

and once engaged/sucked into a block, good luck gettig off of it.
MLBs with 70" verticals that intercept balls. CBs that react on a route before a reciever has even finished his route. Jamaal Charls getting run down on a sweep by a DT.

The series is awful. I'd understand if on occassion, one year wasn't up to par, but good god. It's been nearly a decade of garbage.

when does the contract between EA and NFLPA expire? If it expires and there is a competitor in place as an alternative, I have no idea why people would even bother with Madden. I would have to think there are droves of people fed of up Madden.

It's really gotten to the point where I don't even play football games anymore. I mean, I play NCAA here and there but usually have to take a break becase the recruiting just takes way too long (though improved from years past). I've been playing The Show, and NBA2k series......and I don't watch either of those sports in real life.

2k owns; and whatever company makes The Show.

the show sucks, MLB 2K is way better.

ThaVirus 01-28-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9348036)
In the past I believe it was LT + RS.

Oh, man. That's it! Thank you much, good sir.

Played two games with the Chiefs online today. Won them both. In the second game, I played someone that chose the Browns. I shit you not, I threw 6 INTs (****ing Matt Cassel), one of which went for 6, and still won the game by 7 LMAO

Also, I don't get this whole circle jerk going on around the fantasy draft. They've had that as far as I can remember and I don't think I've ever used it. What's the appeal?

Sorter 01-28-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9358763)
Oh, man. That's it! Thank you much, good sir.

Played two games with the Chiefs online today. Won them both. In the second game, I played someone that chose the Browns. I shit you not, I threw 6 INTs (****ing Matt Cassel), one of which went for 6, and still won the game by 7 LMAO

Also, I don't get this whole circle jerk going on around the fantasy draft. They've had that as far as I can remember and I don't think I've ever used it. What's the appeal?

I enjoy having Tom Brady in a chiefs uniform. :)