ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Drink of choice tonight? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490)

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-19-2012 05:28 PM

Oh and having a nice cold iced tea... drinking it out of one of my new Alice Cooper cups... which does make it taste batter.

InChiefsHeaven 06-19-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8689210)
Oh and having a nice cold iced tea... drinking it out of one of my new Alice Cooper cups... which does make it taste batter.

What are these awesome Alice Cooper cups of which you speak?

Also, for a totally refreshing summer beverage, you can't beat a good spiced rum and some tropical fruit juice. Even OJ works fine, but I like the Dole Orange\Banana\Strawberry stuff with The Captain. Mmmmm...

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-19-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8689246)
What are these awesome Alice Cooper cups of which you speak?

Also, for a totally refreshing summer beverage, you can't beat a good spiced rum and some tropical fruit juice. Even OJ works fine, but I like the Dole Orange\Banana\Strawberry stuff with The Captain. Mmmmm...

Saw Alice Sunday night and sprung for the 2 cup set for $10. Not really worth it but they're a keep sake and the show more than made up for cheap cups that weren't cheap heh.

Saul Good 06-19-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 8689185)
Having one of my favorite summer time drinks

1/3 glass of Ketel One Citron
2/3 Simply Lemonade
Plenty of ice

It's such a refreshing drink in the summer

I get immediate tightness in my chest when I start to drink vodka and lemonade. It sucks because they are delicious.

InChiefsHeaven 06-19-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8689249)
Saw Alice Sunday night and sprung for the 2 cup set for $10. Not really worth it but they're a keep sake and the show more than made up for cheap cups that weren't cheap heh.

Wasn't even aware he was touring. Saw him up here back in 2008, he was awesome as usual. I'll have to check and see if he's coming around here.

If so, I'll get the cups and we can have a virtual toast to the Coop!:D

BigOlChiefsfan 06-21-2012 08:48 AM

Last night - Old Ezra 7 year old, 101 proof bourbon. Pretty good stuff.

Old Ezra reviews

InChiefsHeaven 06-21-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan (Post 8692610)
Last night - Old Ezra 7 year old, 101 proof bourbon. Pretty good stuff.

Old Ezra reviews

Mmmm...haven't seen that around here. I'll have to look for that. I've seen regular Ezra Brooks but not Old Ezra...

Titty Meat 06-21-2012 09:54 AM

Anyone had tequila from Mexico? My dad brought me some back from the cruise. It even has the worm in it.

KCUnited 06-21-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8692740)
Anyone had tequila from Mexico? My dad brought me some back from the cruise. It even has the worm in it.

That's Mezcal.

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-21-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8689256)
Wasn't even aware he was touring. Saw him up here back in 2008, he was awesome as usual. I'll have to check and see if he's coming around here.

If so, I'll get the cups and we can have a virtual toast to the Coop!:D

He is indeed touring... the "No More Mr. Nice Guy" tour. It was the first time I'd seen him. Packed outdoor venue and the show blew me away.

chiefs1111 06-23-2012 01:53 AM

drinking some Founding Fathers Lager tonight

BillSelfsTrophycase 06-23-2012 02:27 AM

30 Stones

BigOlChiefsfan 06-24-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8692727)
Mmmm...haven't seen that around here. I'll have to look for that. I've seen regular Ezra Brooks but not Old Ezra...

This Old Ezra stuff is 'relabeled' whusk from Luxco out of St. Louis, they have it made to their spec (I imagine it's made by Heaven Hill, as are most of the Luxco products). The regular Ezra Brooks is a good buy bourbon, should still be 90 proof and I happen to like it. This Old Ezra is 101 proof, 7 year old stuff and was made in it's day to compete with Wild Turkey 101 (who no longer markets their basic 101 stuff in the states with an age statement). It's more common in MO than KS due to the Luxco marketing in our area, but I can find it around here in KC if keep an eye peeled. Should run about $14-$15/750.

Luxco is a 'rectifier', a marketing company that buys up whiskey from the distillers, made to their spec during downtime, etc...they buy up out-of-date labels and revitalize 'em, or create their own label to suit. A couple of Luxco's common drinks around here include Rebel Yell bourbon (a simple, young bourbon but not half bad) this Ezra Brooks and a Missouri-only brand called David Nicholson 1843 - a 100 proof bonded bourbon* that I like a lot for the price. It may no longer be sold as bonded - not many people care if it's bonded these days, as no one goes blind from bad whiskey anymore.

Luxco brands

*bonded or bottled in bond whiskey

craneref 06-24-2012 08:28 AM

Too many shots of Tequila with by beautiful wife! It doesn't get any better than this.

InChiefsHeaven 06-25-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan (Post 8698222)
This Old Ezra stuff is 'relabeled' whusk from Luxco out of St. Louis, they have it made to their spec (I imagine it's made by Heaven Hill, as are most of the Luxco products). The regular Ezra Brooks is a good buy bourbon, should still be 90 proof and I happen to like it. This Old Ezra is 101 proof, 7 year old stuff and was made in it's day to compete with Wild Turkey 101 (who no longer markets their basic 101 stuff in the states with an age statement). It's more common in MO than KS due to the Luxco marketing in our area, but I can find it around here in KC if keep an eye peeled. Should run about $14-$15/750.

Luxco is a 'rectifier', a marketing company that buys up whiskey from the distillers, made to their spec during downtime, etc...they buy up out-of-date labels and revitalize 'em, or create their own label to suit. A couple of Luxco's common drinks around here include Rebel Yell bourbon (a simple, young bourbon but not half bad) this Ezra Brooks and a Missouri-only brand called David Nicholson 1843 - a 100 proof bonded bourbon* that I like a lot for the price. It may no longer be sold as bonded - not many people care if it's bonded these days, as no one goes blind from bad whiskey anymore.

Luxco brands

*bonded or bottled in bond whiskey

I've had the Rebel Yell, it was not bad at all. Didn't know about all that other stuff. Interesting, and REP!