ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

mdchiefsfan 06-01-2015 05:20 PM

Wyjsissotmawdfaraltisyabsosatnhjblittfociyaicyawcsabsl;hiyabsaytbtsapticsweofoctyaiabrm.
Translation:
mine was better

:harumph:

AustinChief 06-01-2015 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11529302)
Wyjsissotmawdfaraltisyabsosatnhjblittfociyaicyawcsabsl;hiyabsaytbtsapticsweofoctyaiabrm.
Translation:
mine was better

:harumph:

It is! That's what isn't working. I want the button to automatically insert your acronym with the rest in SPOILER tags... but it isn't working yet.

mdchiefsfan 06-01-2015 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 11529309)
It is! That's what isn't working. I want the button to automatically insert your acronym with the rest in SPOILER tags... but it isn't working yet.

Oh, then by all means, proceed.

AustinChief 06-01-2015 05:31 PM

Translation:
Test Part 2! (now with mouseover!)

mdchiefsfan 06-01-2015 05:32 PM

LMAO

AustinChief 06-01-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11529316)
LMAO

And now you and Aries have officially created your own CP button!

mdchiefsfan 06-01-2015 05:35 PM

It causes the screen to expand. Not sure if that is only on mobile or not.

mdchiefsfan 06-01-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 11529319)

http://media3.giphy.com/media/BVjzVYVL9iRQQ/giphy.gif

wazu 06-01-2015 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 11529319)

Where is the button? I'm not seeing it.

mdchiefsfan 06-01-2015 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11529329)
Where is the button? I'm not seeing it.

The ?!? Button

wazu 06-01-2015 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11529327)

Translation:
m

wazu 06-01-2015 05:40 PM

Translation:

wazu 06-01-2015 05:41 PM

Awesome.

mdchiefsfan 06-01-2015 05:43 PM

And now, time for deployment...

wazu 06-01-2015 05:44 PM

Typo Correction:

Quote:

What you just said is so strangely off the mark and wildly divergent from all reason and logic that I suspect you are being sarcastic or silly, and the nuance has just been lost in this text-only form of communication. If you are, I commend you and we can share a back-slapping laugh; however, if you are being serious, and you truly believe that statement as presented, then you I can say without exaggeration or fear of contradiction that you are indeed a blithering, rampaging moron.
Which would make the correct acronym:

(removed the extra "y")

mdchiefsfan 06-01-2015 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11529346)
Typo Correction:

(removed the extra "y")

Yep

wazu 06-01-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11529350)
It would have to be the first you that has to come out.

I know. I hit the wrong one at first. Fixed now.

mdchiefsfan 06-01-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11529351)
I know. I hit the wrong one at first. Fixed now.

Good man

AustinChief 06-01-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11529346)
Typo Correction:

(removed the extra "y")

Should be fixed!

AustinChief 06-01-2015 05:58 PM

Translation:
Test 3

wazu 06-01-2015 06:17 PM

I will have to resist the urge to abuse this.

mdchiefsfan 06-01-2015 06:30 PM

LMAO

Aries Walker 06-01-2015 07:21 PM

I am so happy right now.

Buehler445 06-01-2015 08:04 PM

Wouldn't it be easier to use the CP lexicon of "Your and idiot?"

Reasonable humans could still do their thing, us simple farmer types could remember it and use it and the world is a better place.

SAUTO 06-01-2015 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11528834)
Wyjsissotmawdfaraltisyabsosatnhjblittfociyaicyawcsabsl;hiyabsaytbtsaptyicsweofoctyaiabrm.

BRAVO!

SAUTO 06-01-2015 09:23 PM

Translation:
holy shit.

Hawk 06-01-2015 09:52 PM

Wyjsissotmawdfaraltisyabsosatnhjblittfociyaicyawcsabsl;hiyabsaytbtsapticsweofoctyaiabrm

dred 06-01-2015 10:00 PM

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/a...dred/giant.jpg

"Wyjsissotmawdfaraltisyabsosatnhjblittfociyaicyawcsabsl;hiyabsaytbtsapticsweofoctyaiabrm "

Hawk 06-01-2015 10:25 PM

The f**k you looking at?

Bambi 06-01-2015 10:27 PM

nice episode

wazu 06-02-2015 09:01 AM

A great episode. But why weren't they paddling like hell at the end?

BigRichard 06-02-2015 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11529865)

I agree, they didn't know if they would swim in after them or not.

ThaVirus 06-02-2015 09:04 AM

Yeah, their pace was more romantic night stroll than it was murderous ice zombies are after us.

When the Night King raised his hands on the dock I was thinking he might freeze the water or something.

wazu 06-02-2015 09:18 AM

After the relentlessness that the undead had shown, throwing themselves off of mountains and clawing their way under/through fences, I can't imagine feeling safe just drifting on a 12 feet deep body of water just barely off shore. Both oars need to be in motion and everybody else using their hands.

Aries Walker 06-02-2015 10:34 AM

Yeah, guys, get moving. Less "Moon River", more closing credits of Hawaii Five-O.

Bambi 06-02-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

I don't know. I was high and it felt like they were drifting away for at least 20 minutes while the dude was raising up his arms in the "come at me bro" pose.

So good

NewChief 06-02-2015 10:57 AM

I also had this horrible feeling that the giant (who waded out and disappeared) was going to have died from his wounds under the water and get risen with the other wights and come launching up and capsize a boat.

Okay, I didn't REALLY think that would happen, but it would have been ****ed up.

KCUnited 06-02-2015 11:02 AM

It also seemed foolish to be carrying the dragon glass in a satchel. I'd of weaponized the **** out it before heading anywhere past the wall. Put that shit on a spear or something.

Bowser 06-02-2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11530031)
It also seemed foolish to be carrying the dragon glass in a satchel. I'd of weaponized the **** out it before heading anywhere past the wall. Put that shit on a spear or something.

Shit yes.

And what happened to those little dragonglass arrowheads Ghost found way back when? I believe I'd have a quiver full of arrows equipped with those bitches as well.

KCUnited 06-02-2015 11:17 AM

Anyone else getting suspicious of that lil hopper back at Castle Black?

I don't know anything about the story, but it seems like he might do something crazy. They keep showing him in the background when Jon Snow is talking about the Wildlings and then that scene with Sam and the soup.

wazu 06-02-2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11530057)

I don't know anything about the story, but it seems like he might do something crazy. They keep showing him in the background when Jon Snow is talking about the Wildlings and then that scene with Sam and the soup.

I wasn't suspicious, but now I am. He did not look satisfied with Sam's explanation. Kinda doubt he would do something to hurt Jon, though. Which of course probably means he will poison him.

MMXcalibur 06-02-2015 11:56 AM

I'm on the opposite end.

I think Thorne is going to lock Jon out, but Olly comes to the rescue by opening the gate having come to some realization on why Jon is making peace with the Wildlings.

Amnorix 06-02-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11530057)

No. Not at all. We just keep seeing him lingering in every episode, and he keeps asking questions and seems really dissatisfied with the answers. And the Wildlings murdered not just his family, but his entire village.

I'm sure he's just going to disappear from the show altogether without having done anything of significance whatsoever.

Fish 06-02-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11530026)
I also had this horrible feeling that the giant (who waded out and disappeared) was going to have died from his wounds under the water and get risen with the other wights and come launching up and capsize a boat.

Okay, I didn't REALLY think that would happen, but it would have been ****ed up.

Yeah, they kinda teased with the camera focus that something unexpected might happen. For a second I thought he was going to turn to the camera and show some glowing blue eyes and start going on a Kraken rampage....

Bowser 06-02-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11530122)
No. Not at all. We just keep seeing him lingering in every episode, and he keeps asking questions and seems really dissatisfied with the answers. And the Wildlings murdered not just his family, but his entire village.

I'm sure he's just going to disappear from the show altogether without having done anything of significance whatsoever.

You are George RR Martin's target audience.

The Franchise 06-02-2015 12:03 PM

I really hope that Sam sees it coming and ****ing offs the kid.

KCUnited 06-02-2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11530101)
I wasn't suspicious, but now I am. He did not look satisfied with Sam's explanation. Kinda doubt he would do something to hurt Jon, though. Which of course probably means he will poison him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11530110)
I'm on the opposite end.

I think Thorne is going to lock Jon out, but Olly comes to the rescue by opening the gate having come to some realization on why Jon is making peace with the Wildlings.

I agree they are going somewhere with it, otherwise that scene with Sam seemed rather pointless. I can see it going both ways as well, he does something crazy to Jon, or something great to save/assist him.

But I'm currently re-watching The Wire, which is why I used the lil hopper reference, and can't help but feel a comparison between two favorite characters surviving an extreme only to be taken out by someone rather insignificant. Which as wazu alluded to, kind of jives with GoT.

Fish 06-02-2015 12:14 PM

Ollie is going to try and kill Jon.... that's my guess from the way they keep revisiting Ollie's angst...

mdchiefsfan 06-02-2015 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11530122)

Translation:
Hehe

fairladyZ 06-02-2015 02:57 PM

as soon as whats her name left the room i thought sam was a goner.. I thought ollie was going to off him just like those guys that kicked the shit out of him would have done.. Seems to be a split at the nights watch, The small band of jon supporters, and the big band of the old lord commander. And seem it will be coming to head very soon. Which side ollie takes is the key.

temper11 06-02-2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 11530391)
as soon as whats her name left the room i thought sam was a goner.. I thought ollie was going to off him just like those guys that kicked the shit out of him would have done.. Seems to be a split at the nights watch, The small band of jon supporters, and the big band of the old lord commander. And seem it will be coming to head very soon. Which side ollie takes is the key.

My first thought was that the food he brought Sam would be poisoned, since Sam is such a big supporter of Jon. Just the way he offered it, and the way Sam received it, seemed significantly ominous somehow. Or it could just be that this show is so freaking backhanded all the time, I'm paranoid and looking for threats everywhere.

Good show.

Sandy Vagina 06-02-2015 04:43 PM

Thought I was paranoid, but not nearly as bad as some of you, lol.

I do agree that lil dude will probably try to kill Tormund.. or attempt something in the endeavor of keeping the wildlings from passing through the Wall.

GloucesterChief 06-02-2015 05:44 PM

I think he is just conflicted. He clearly idolizies Jon but wildings did kill his whole village on their way to the wall.

Buehler445 06-02-2015 09:56 PM

Alright, will someone please explain to me (again) what happened to Valeria to bring it down?

GloucesterChief 06-02-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11531490)
Alright, will someone please explain to me (again) what happened to Valeria to bring it down?

Seems like some sort of natural disaster plus plague, greyscale?

ThaVirus 06-02-2015 10:33 PM

Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone)

They call it the Doom. As far as I know, it was just some unexplained disaster. I've read that Valyria was situated near a volcano so perhaps that was it. They were also a pretty advanced society so maybe it was something to do with their magic/technology.

All of the people with greyscale in the ruins today were sent there from elsewhere.

mr. tegu 06-03-2015 08:11 AM

http://www.erase-this.com/wp-content...meatmecrow.gif

Buehler445 06-03-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11531519)
They call it the Doom. As far as I know, it was just some unexplained disaster. I've read that Valyria was situated near a volcano so perhaps that was it. They were also a pretty advanced society so maybe it was something to do with their magic/technology.

All of the people with greyscale in the ruins today were sent there from elsewhere.

Ah. Forgot about the doom conversation. Do you suppose it Will come out that it was the white walkers?

Buehler445 06-03-2015 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 11531668)

You know, the significance of that is lost in the numbers.

Mance Rader had a 100,000 man army. Between the Nights Watch and Stannis, say they killed 20,000. I doubt it was that many but maybe. Then maybe 5000 bolted and Jon took 5000. So 70,000 men defended Hard Home. They died. So captain Ice Cock picked up 70,000 dudes in addition to the survives of the attacking force. Which was probably significant because the battle was short.

So at minimum Ice Cock has a 75,000 man army. An army of mother****ers that pretty much has to be shredded to die. Arrows to the face? Meh. Hack their arms off? No ****s given.

That's huge.

MagicHef 06-03-2015 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11531669)
Ah. Forgot about the doom conversation. Do you suppose it Will come out that it was the white walkers?

Not likely. Valyria is on a different continent, and is pretty far south. Unlike what was shown in the show, Valyria is supposed to be inhabited by demons (the area with the greyscale-infected is entirely different). No one has been to Valyria since the doom and lived.

Sandy Vagina 06-03-2015 08:43 AM

pretty good map I look at from time to time.. can click on to zoom.

http://gameofthrones.net/images/West...eros-essos.jpg

Valyria is the center island far south. Jorah and Tyrion were sailing east from Volantis... to the Smoking Sea.. to avoid pirates in the Gulf of Grief.

Beef Supreme 06-03-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 11530537)
My first thought was that the food he brought Sam would be poisoned, since Sam is such a big supporter of Jon. Just the way he offered it, and the way Sam received it, seemed significantly ominous somehow. Or it could just be that this show is so freaking backhanded all the time, I'm paranoid and looking for threats everywhere.

Good show.

I was thinking the same. How can anyone watch this show and NOT be paranoid of everyone's motives?

Amnorix 06-03-2015 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11531519)

Yeah, I always assumed it did a Vasuvius, though that isn't explicitly stated.

In fact, you can easily think of Westeros as England, the rest of the known world as Europe, and note that Valyria (which once ruled most of the known world, and the Southern half of England up to the Wall (though not Hadrian's Wall, coughcough) is located roughly where Italy is, though it's an island just south of Italy, or somewhat more like Sicily.

That doesn't hold for everything, of course. The Dothraki aren't like anything that were in Europe, except when the Mongols crushed Hungary, but still, in general terms...

wazu 06-03-2015 10:26 PM

I just watched this week's episode for the third time. Addiction.

mdchiefsfan 06-04-2015 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11533061)
I just watched this week's episode for the third time. Addiction.

Yea. I watched it again immediately after watching it for the first time. It was possibly the best episode in the series. Though I did watch episode 7 twice, for different reasons...

frankotank 06-04-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

yes!
AND...I cracked up when the giant came strolling by the boat....I thought he was gonna grab the front and drag them along. nope...just moving right along. good luck! hahahaha

Hawk 06-04-2015 04:40 PM

I think maybe everyone in the boat was stunned and mesmerized into inaction, because otherwise, yeah, paddle like hell you morons! And I too though Wun Wun should give them a pull, but nope, every giant for himself!

Not sure on the army size issue. In the books, only a portion of the scattered wildlings army wound up at Hardhome, so it was not the full remnant of the army Mance had built. They were too disparate a group, so they scattered different directions to a large extent once Mance died.

Buehler445 06-04-2015 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 11533961)
I think maybe everyone in the boat was stunned and mesmerized into inaction, because otherwise, yeah, paddle like hell you morons! And I too though Wun Wun should give them a pull, but nope, every giant for himself!

Not sure on the army size issue. In the books, only a portion of the scattered wildlings army wound up at Hardhome, so it was not the full remnant of the army Mance had built. They were too disparate a group, so they scattered different directions to a large extent once Mance died.

From the wide angle views it looked like a ****ass ton of humanity.

Even if it is 50,000, that's a huge Number. And as freaking gnarly as they are it's hard to imagine they wouldn't just climb over the wall and rape faces.

BigRichard 06-04-2015 06:27 PM

This dumbass was an editor on Got show

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...n-south-africa

mdchiefsfan 06-05-2015 05:38 AM

LMAO just saw this on Pandora

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/...pshaz3sscl.png

ThaVirus 06-05-2015 10:24 AM

I noticed him in that shitpiece After Earth with Will Smith's son the other day. He didn't have the beard, though.

mdchiefsfan 06-05-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11535006)
I noticed him in that shitpiece After Earth with Will Smith's son the other day. He didn't have the beard, though.

Didn't notice him in that at all. Come to think of it, I don't recall much of that movie. Must be a self defense mechanism at work, or something. That movie was awful.

WilliamTheIrish 06-06-2015 06:54 PM

Something caught my during my initial view of the last episode. I went back to confirm. So here goes.

The guy piloting the boat that Jon/Tormund/et al boarded was shrouded in a robe with a hood. Seemed odd to me that this character was the only one who seemed to have his identity shrouded. Any significance there? Am I just playing into the many crazy twists of the show?

Not trying to spoil, but I thought that was a classic GoT type ploy.

Aries Walker 06-06-2015 06:57 PM

I noticed that too. He's got to be somebody, I just don't know who.

Buehler445 06-06-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 11536949)
I noticed that too. He's got to be somebody, I just don't know who.

Don't they say his name when they tell him to GTFO?

Buehler445 06-06-2015 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11531683)
You know, the significance of that is lost in the numbers.

Mance Rader had a 100,000 man army. Between the Nights Watch and Stannis, say they killed 20,000. I doubt it was that many but maybe. Then maybe 5000 bolted and Jon took 5000. So 70,000 men defended Hard Home. They died. So captain Ice Cock picked up 70,000 dudes in addition to the survives of the attacking force. Which was probably significant because the battle was short.

So at minimum Ice Cock has a 75,000 man army. An army of mother****ers that pretty much has to be shredded to die. Arrows to the face? Meh. Hack their arms off? No ****s given.

That's huge.

I rewatched the battle. When Jon pulls up in the boat and they pan out, there is a huge number of wildlings there. Huge.

TambaBerry 06-07-2015 12:35 PM

Be careful if you read forums or reddit, apparently someone ****ed up and the episode has been aired

Aspengc8 06-07-2015 01:44 PM

Great episode but man do these stray from the books. I guess they change them according to what the audience wants to see?

MMXcalibur 06-07-2015 02:02 PM

The penultimate episodes of each season have been the best.
Here's hoping tonight follows suit.

mdchiefsfan 06-07-2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11537366)
The penultimate episodes of each season have been the best.
Here's hoping tonight follows suit.

Agreed. Episode 9 tends to be where jaws hit the floor. Episode 10 sets up for the next season. We shall see what is in store for us tonight.