ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football **Colts vs. Broncos Week 1 SNF Game Thread** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286318)

listopencil 09-07-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10892565)
And if you want to talk about the Super Bowl specifically, the mighty Lynch only had 40 yards rushing. I don't feel like looking up the stats, but Wilson converted a ridiculous percentage of 3rd downs on passing plays. People like to point out that they'd have won the game even if the offense didn't score a single point, but Wilson did everything he could to carry that offense, put points on the board, and, more importantly, keep Manning on the sidelines.

Yep, this. Believe me I paid close attention to that game.

Rams Fan 09-07-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 10892597)
I do.

He's incredible as well.

QB's Rodgers and younger, I'd take them in this order I think:

1. Wilson
2. Rodgers
3. Kaepernick
4. Luck

1. Rodgers
2. Wilson(at the moment, long run I think Luck>Wilson)
3. Luck
4. Kaepernick

I think Wilson is an above average QB, but I'm not sure how much he benefited from having a great D and running game, Luck probably has the highest potential of the listed QBs aside from Rodgers but isn't developed yet, and Kaepernick needs to become a better passer.

Hootie 09-07-2014 10:38 PM

Wilson is tremendously efficient...

and his numbers are super dumbed down because, yes, he always has the lead

Look at what Peyton did tonight when they were comfortably ahead? His numbers would have looked like garbage.

If anything, Russell's elite defense is the reason we don't get to see him make a ton of "wow" plays or "wow" throws...

I will be willing to bet anyone Russell will have some big number years within the next 5. I'm talking 40 TD passes, 4000 yards, etc

He is more than capable of doing that. He is an excellent passer, with excellent vision, and he's elite at extending plays. In today's illegal contact world...extending plays like he does...good luck defensive backfields.

Dylan 09-07-2014 10:42 PM

Both Luck and Wilson have tremendous talent. Luck's time may be coming if the Colts ever find a good offensive line and some good wide receivers.

I thought Luck was awesome tonight - However, his offensive line could not handle Denver's defense. In addition, his wide receivers had too many drive killing drops.

ThaVirus 09-07-2014 10:42 PM

40 TDs isn't out of the question at all, in my opinion.

He scored 26 TDs in each of his first two seasons, which is a record I believe. Funny thing is, he'll also add another 3 or 4 rushing TDs. He's a weapon.

GloryDayz 09-08-2014 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10892034)
I bet Ware laughed when he saw today's score of the Dallas game and said "Glad I'm out dat bitch."

That's the end of your list of players who said that?????

GloryDayz 09-08-2014 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 10892075)
I bet our DB's get 20 penalties next week.

In which quarter?

Pepe Silvia 09-08-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10892823)
That's the end of your list of players who said that?????

No, Jimmy Johnson said it too.