ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

WildTurkey 02-27-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9445986)
Except most of the fan base is HAPPY. The reaction of the fan base is only going to reinforce Clark's opinion that they are going in the right direction.

This is the sad thing about it. This is just what the martyballer true fans wanted and they will fill arrowhead and love the guy

The Franchise 02-27-2013 01:37 PM

My brain is trying to rationalize this and make me feel better about it......and it's failing horribly.

BossChief 02-27-2013 01:38 PM

What was Dan Patrick talking about an hour or so ago?

Was anyone watching?

He was either shooting down this rumor, or he was saying a lot more details would be coming out about it in the next couple weeks.

When I had to leave, he was talking about teams still bidding for him, this was an hour or two after it was on breaking news on ESPN.

BigMeatballDave 02-27-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Except most of the fan base is HAPPY. The reaction of the fan base is only going to reinforce Clark's opinion that they are going in the right direction.

Yep. We are in the minority.

NJChiefsFan 02-27-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9446008)

Was anyone watching?

He was either shooting down this rumor, or he was saying a lot more details would be coming out about it in the next couple weeks.

When I had to leave, he was talking about teams still bidding for him, this was an hour or two after it was on breaking news on ESPN.

I don't have the energy to grasp at straws.

BossChief 02-27-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9445995)
I think you're getting a little carried away

**** you.

I'd MUCH rather keep Cassel than trade 2 second rounders for Alex Smith. It's not even close.

Red Beans 02-27-2013 01:40 PM

The one thing I think we all need to remember is that Dorsey is in no position to cram Smith down Reid's throat, ala the Cassel/Pissholi saga. And we certainly know that Reid is not a coach that is afraid to bench a QB, even if it's one he has a man crush on. Who knows, we may have a situation that plays out very similar to what happened in Seattle last year, where we spend that 3rd (or the 49ers 2nd if the swap occurred) on a QB that actually beats out Smith. There's a big difference between Reid/Dorsey and the Pioli regime. Reid has proven that he can and will change, and this trade gives us no reason to believe that there's a dictator in the house that even resembles that ****ing worm Pioli. Let's calm down and examine the possibilities.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-27-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9446008)

Was anyone watching?

If it was anything of significance stated over an HOUR ago...I'm sure it would have been covered on Twitter.

WhiteWhale 02-27-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Most of the fanbase was happy the last time we did the same thing (trade a 2nd rounder for a back up) and by year 4 you had one of the biggest fan mutinies I've seen in the NFL.

Those who don't learn from the past...

HC_Chief 02-27-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9445990)
I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather they just keep Cassel.

Uhhh, no.

Cassel has to go. Perhaps he will resurrect a backup career elsewhere, but he cannot play for KC ever again.

Alex Smith is basically "Kyle Orton that we overpaid for". Better than Cassel, but not by much. :banghead:

RunKC 02-27-2013 01:41 PM

I'm so depressed I took the afternoon off from work to start drinking.

6 shots of Jack down I'm just gettin' started.

BossChief 02-27-2013 01:42 PM

I feel like a family member just died.

Bye, Geno.

We hardly knew thee.

NJChiefsFan 02-27-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9446031)
Most of the fanbase was happy the last time we did the same thing (trade a 2nd rounder for a back up) and by year 4 you had one of the biggest fan mutinies I've seen in the NFL.

Those who don't learn from the past...

And I can't handle the four years of horror it will take to get there.

WildTurkey 02-27-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9446043)
I'm so depressed I took the afternoon off from work to start drinking.

6 shots of Jack down I'm just gettin' started.

Yep. I'm hitting the Jameson all day long

Sannyasi 02-27-2013 01:43 PM

The gleam is officially off the Andy Reid hire. This move is completely indefensible, straight out of the Scott Pioli playbook.