ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

KChiefs1 01-05-2013 12:12 AM

1. Luke Joeckel
2. Tyler Wilson

wazu 01-05-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 9284012)
1. Luke Joeckel
2. Tyler Wilson

1. We don't need another ****ing OT.
2. Tyler Wilson isn't making it out of the first round.

RunKC 01-05-2013 12:15 AM

There is no way in hell Tyler Wilson falls to the 2nd round.

C-Mac 01-05-2013 12:30 AM

Ive watched a lot Wilson games and IMO, he does have the "it" factor.
Almost Farveesk, a fierce competitor and leader.
Played well against the toughest defense's in college.
He will make someone a heck of a QB, I would love to see him in a Chiefs uni.

Molitoth 01-05-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Mac (Post 9284058)
Almost Farveesk, a fierce competitor and leader.

I agree, he reminds of Favre quite a bit.
He won't make it out of the first round.

mcaj22 01-05-2013 12:56 AM

some team is going to get a heck of a QB in this kid. wish it was us

Herzig 01-05-2013 01:04 AM

I love Tyler Wilson and I'm an Arkansas Alumni(full disclosure :)). This kid will/could start day 1. Arkansas as a team and the coaching situation had a ton of problems this year. What you don't see in the highlight video is the beating that Wilson took this year and last year. I've been impressed with his toughness, arm, and surprising scrambling speed when he needs it. He had to do that a lot this year with only one real other offensive threat(Hamilton) and no defense.

I would be very happy if the Chiefs drafted him..Had Arkansas made it to a decent bowl game, he would without a doubt be the #1 pick. Let Reid bring Geno and Wilson in for a workout and see what they think :)

Mr_Tomahawk 01-05-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herzig (Post 9284124)
I love Tyler Wilson and I'm an Arkansas Alumni(full disclosure :)). This kid will/could start day 1. Arkansas as a team and the coaching situation had a ton of problems this year. What you don't see in the highlight video is the beating that Wilson took this year and last year. I've been impressed with his toughness, arm, and surprising scrambling speed when he needs it. He had to do a lot this year with only one real other offensive threat(Hamilton) and no defense.

I would be very happy if the Chiefs drafted him..Had Arkansas made it to a decent bowl game, he would without a doubt be the #1 pick. Let Reid bring Geno and Wilson in for a workout and see what they think :)

:clap: +1

CoMoChief 01-05-2013 07:22 AM

If we do take a QB w/ the #1 pick it better be Tyler Wilson and not Geno ****ing Smith.

evolve27 01-05-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9284377)
If we do take a QB w/ the #1 pick it better be Tyler Wilson and not Geno ****ing Smith.

I agree simply because he's white.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9283450)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FDt6saeTxHM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1:05, 2:16, and 3:24 were my favorites. I did see some overthrows, and his receivers got him a ****ton of yards after the catch, which I kind of expect in college to a certain degree. I like how he isn't afraid of taking a hit. And he hit plenty of guys in stride. He's definitely the #2 QB out of this class for my money. I do worry about concussions. It can be a long term problem, and they tend to accentuate themselves after the 1st one. Meaning once that bottle is open, they're more likely to happen. I wouldn't bitch if we drafted him over Geno though. At least not much. :p

htismaqe 01-05-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 9284012)
1. Luke Joeckel
2. Tyler Wilson

1. Dumb
2. Dumber

rico 01-05-2013 11:29 AM

I have been a Tyler Wilson skeptic for pretty much ever...However, I've been watching a LOT of game film on him this past week and well....... I'd be a blithering liar if I were to say this guy isn't growing on me. Intangibles.

Herzig 01-06-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9284391)
1:05, 2:16, and 3:24 were my favorites. I did see some overthrows, and his receivers got him a ****ton of yards after the catch, which I kind of expect in college to a certain degree. I like how he isn't afraid of taking a hit. And he hit plenty of guys in stride. He's definitely the #2 QB out of this class for my money. I do worry about concussions. It can be a long term problem, and they tend to accentuate themselves after the 1st one. Meaning once that bottle is open, they're more likely to happen. I wouldn't bitch if we drafted him over Geno though. At least not much. :p

He did take plenty of hits due to our crappy offensive line but he only had ONE concussion as far as I know..he played every game the year before last and backed up Ryan Mallet before that and came in against Auburn when Mallet got hurt. This kid is as tough as they come. He can take hit after hit and play. Definitely one of his pluses and hopefully he will have a better line in the NFL than he did at Arkansas.

Tribal Warfare 01-06-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herzig (Post 9288834)
He did take plenty of hits due to our crappy offensive line but he only had ONE concussion as far as I know..he played every game the year before last and backed up Ryan Mallet before that and came in against Auburn when Mallet got hurt. This kid is as tough as they come. He can take hit after hit and play. Definitely one of his pluses and hopefully he will have a better line in the NFL than he did at Arkansas.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...ana-monroe-ulm

2 concussions