ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

NewChief 10-18-2011 09:30 AM

Finally caught up with Breaking Bad, so I watched s1ep5 "Wildfire" last night. This show is enjoyable, because I like zombies, and I'll definitely get current on it now.

That being said, the voice that comes over and says, "Previously on the Walking Dead" is the same voice that says, "Previously on Breaking Bad" and it just made me pine for BB.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-18-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8003427)
I think people are being hyper-critical. It isn't Lost where every detail is to be scoured over for some deep meaning. It's a show about zombie's. You are going to have inconsistencies or else it would be boring as all hell. Although the black guy should have died after slicing open an artery, and I'm sure the kid isn't going to die after taking a rifle shot to the liver/lung.

Exactly. It's a Zombie show for ****'s sake.

frankotank 10-18-2011 10:14 AM

so I went googling and the crossbow dude is indeed a boondock saint. I also wondered where I'd seen the hot blond who can't put a gun together (Andrea)....she was in The Mist and so was the mom who's little girl is lost (Carol Peletier)... she was the lady who had to go home to her children and noone would go with her. worthless info I know...it always bugs me when I just KNOW I've seen someone in something else.....
Speaking of which, Sarah Wayne Callies was so much hotter in prison break as a redhead.

Chiefnj2 10-18-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8003779)
so I went googling and the crossbow dude is indeed a boondock saint. I also wondered where I'd seen the hot blond who can't put a gun together (Andrea)....she was in The Mist and so was the mom who's little girl is lost (Carol Peletier)... she was the lady who had to go home to her children and noone would go with her. worthless info I know...it always bugs me when I just KNOW I've seen someone in something else.....
Speaking of which, Sarah Wayne Callies was so much hotter in prison break as a redhead.

Andrea = federal agent who got played by Chiklis in The Shield.

frankotank 10-18-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8003785)

yeah I noticed that on IMD but I wasn't a Shield watcher.
just noticed that Dale (the old guy who won't give blondie her gun) was also in The Mist. boy they really raided that cast.

blaise 10-18-2011 10:39 AM

Frank Darabont directed the Mist, I think.

Huffmeister 10-18-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8003523)
I thought the zombies looked better than last season.

Yeah, the one that came into the RV was creepy as hell. Looked like a ghoulish meth head.

Huffmeister 10-18-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8003847)
Frank Darabont directed the Mist, I think.

Yup, and the guy that plays Dale was also in The Green Mile (prison guard) and The Shawshank Redemption (prosecutor at the very beginning), both of which Darabont directed.

blaise 10-18-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8003858)
Yeah, the one that came into the RV was creepy as hell. Looked like a ghoulish meth head.

Yeah, that one was good.

Deberg_1990 10-18-2011 10:59 AM

Both Holden and Jeffrey DeMunn who plays Dale are Frank Darabont "regulars" Most likely how they landed with this show.

DeMunn was in Shawshank, Green Mile, The Majestic and The Mist. Holden was in Mist and The Majestic.

Darabont has a few other "regulars" but i havent seen them show up in WD yet.

Lex Luthor 10-18-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8003785)

She (Laurie Holden) was also a semi-regular on The X-Files.

NewChief 10-18-2011 07:54 PM

Alright, I finally watched the season 1 finale. Any ideas what Jenner says to Rick as they're escaping the CDC? He whispers something to him.

Thoughts:
1) Your brain isn't really dead when you're a zombie.
or
2) We created the virus.

Deberg_1990 10-18-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8005209)
Alright, I finally watched the season 1 finale. Any ideas what Jenner says to Rick as they're escaping the CDC? He whispers something to him.

The popular theory is that he told him his wife was pregnant.

NewChief 10-18-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8005214)
The popular theory is that he told him his wife was pregnant.

Yeah. Duh. I guess that makes sense. I guess I was just taking more from the "you'll live to regret it" statement he makes just prior to the whisper. It's like he knows something sinister or bad. Googling reveals that others think he might be telling him 1) location/potential of a cure (seems unlikely sense Jenner had given up hope) or 2) About his wife and other sherriff dude (possible due to potential surveillance in CDC HQ, but doesn't really seem to push things further).

NewChief 10-18-2011 08:00 PM

And I'm mad at myself for missing that after thinking back on all the teasing of the blood test deal throughout the episode. Once again: duh!