ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

DeezNutz 08-27-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9919245)
Signed and making the cut are two different things altogether.

It costs teams a pittance to sign undrafted players as opposed to signing and drafting. In most cases, players barely get a signing bonus, if at all.

Absolutely. But you have to start with the total number of QBs signed, just like we start from the total drafted.

What's the total number of players coming from a particular source, and then how many of those actually amount to something? Based on this, UDFA have, by far, the longest odds of anyone. Why? Because these players generally suck shit.

The few successes make for great stories, though, but talent evaluation has improved enough that looking to history for the grocery baggers of the world is misleading in the modern NFL.

mikey23545 08-27-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9918942)
Its over the top to say Geno is a bust after some preseason struggles, even if they are major.

But....Its a bit of turnabout is fair play.

The Geno danglers continually force fed him to everyone to the level of calling anyone who didn't want him a true fan who is fine with mediocrity.

Some people are having a hard time coming to grips with the reality that maybe they look really really wrong after rubbing it in everyone's face for months.

If you don't want harsh reaction when you are wrong about something don't be an asshole while insisting you are right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9918955)
Were those kinds of things said in... oh, I don't know... the GENO SMITH THREAD???

Remember, this entire board was crazy during the season for QBs. Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley, Mike Glennon, Geno Smith... all of them. It was all over the place, but generally kept to its own thread.

I can't really feel sorry for you if you felt shouted down during the regular season. That's your own fault.

It would have been a lot easier to say "Marcellus, you're right."

Ebolapox 08-27-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9919220)
I'm sorry but I think that number is way out of whack.

You'd have to prove it instead of speculate for me to believe that, especially since there have only been a total of 69 QB's taken in the seventh round since 1967.

In rounds two, three and four you're talking 55, 57 and 67 respectively.

I can't imagine a number like 230 guys making a roster as undrafted or late round picks, especially in the days when football players worked normal jobs out of season.

did you read my post? 230 would be the number of QBs who sign with a team regardless of whether they make the final roster or not. half of that, I speculated with quick/dirty math, actually make the final roster and stick for at least a few games. no proof to be offered, I'm completely speculating. I'd posit that if I gave enough of a shit to do the research that it would be correct, but... not really willing to put that much time into it TBH :)

Fat Elvis 08-27-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9918989)
Geno "conversation" overtook most all threads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9919067)
QB talk took over most threads.

The team was shit. The fans were revolting. Our ILB murdered somebody and committed suicide.

Of course the natural course of conversation was going to focus on a new QB. But it was restricted to college QB threads.

You didn't see that shit in the stuff about SOC, and you didn't see it in the Chiefs news threads.

Selective memory.

Selective indeed.....

You might type "Geno" in the Search bar and see how many thread hits you get....

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-27-2013 03:37 PM

QB should be in every conversation until we get one.

RealSNR 08-27-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9919419)
Selective indeed.....

You might type "Geno" in the Search bar and see how many thread hits you get....

How about you do it yourself?

el borracho 12-07-2014 10:09 PM

Stroll down memory lane?

WakkaWakka 12-07-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 9444534)
now watch Geno end up in the HoF

LMAO

In58men 12-07-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 11176798)
Stroll down memory lane?

Check out my replies. There's no trolling, just truth.

In58men 12-07-2014 10:11 PM

Go to the first page.

Ming the Merciless 12-07-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9444907)
Alex Smith #7 in QBR last year. Solid postseason numbers. Former #1 overall. Could be good.

Lol

In58men 12-07-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11176823)
Lol

I threw up

Ming the Merciless 12-07-2014 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9445339)
They just ****ing scammed us...

I swear to god this is the worst "move" I have ever seen...

Qft

TLO 12-07-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9444690)
Pro Football Insider @ProFootballInsider

The #Chiefs never even liked Geno, per @jimilamadinggong

:hmmm:

Ming the Merciless 12-07-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9448309)
NO. You ****ing **** rag, i will NOT calm down.

I shit on you and all you stand for.

I defile your sacred places and piss on your pillow and bed.

**** off sir.

Fo' realz

Lulz