ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

DaFace 05-19-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 11507190)
Yeah, I personally don't know how much the show has differed from the books in this regard (nor do I particularly want to know), but I read something from Cogman (the writer of this episode) who said the torture/humiliation was even worse than what they depicted on the show. Hard to imagine.

It's technically a book spoiler, though it probably won't have any impact on the show...

Spoiler!

Amnorix 05-19-2015 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11507186)
Everyone seems to think the show writers came up with what happened to Sansa, but the same (actually much worse) thing happens in the books, only to a different victim.

I was really glad that Theon didn't do to Sansa what he did to the victim in the books.

Amnorix 05-19-2015 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11507402)
It's technically a book spoiler, though it probably won't have any impact on the show...

Spoiler!

Regarding your last point, I believe there were certainly a hint or three before then.

MagicHef 05-19-2015 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11507402)

Spoiler!

Also, here's the full history of Ramsay's wife from the books, if you're a masochist. Like DaFace said, probably no spoilers for the show:

Spoiler!

DrRyan 05-20-2015 11:57 AM

This was without a doubt the least enjoyable episode for me in a long time and it had very little to do with the Sansa ending. It was a very disjointed episode and the Dorne/Jamie arc was terrible, as it has been since it started. Aside from the Tyrian/Jorah scene and Littlefinger's excellent fantasy one liner I could take a pass on the episode. Seemed like taking a week off from the wall/Jon Snow was a swing and a miss.

ToxSocks 05-20-2015 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRyan (Post 11509833)
This was without a doubt the least enjoyable episode for me in a long time and it had very little to do with the Sansa ending. It was a very disjointed episode and the Dorne/Jamie arc was terrible, as it has been since it started. Aside from the Tyrian/Jorah scene and Littlefinger's excellent fantasy one liner I could take a pass on the episode. Seemed like taking a week off from the wall/Jon Snow was a swing and a miss.

It was probably my favorite episode of the season thus far. I do agree with others though, that the Sand Snakes were a miss.

Fire Me Boy! 05-22-2015 08:18 AM

Sooo awesome.

<iframe width="847" height="476" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zs7xO5P3Az4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MMXcalibur 05-22-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11513353)
Sooo awesome.

<iframe width="847" height="476" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zs7xO5P3Az4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

ROFL

kcfanXIII 05-22-2015 03:22 PM

I really can't believe the amount of "outrage" about Sansa's wedding night. This is the same show that gave us incest rape where the only witness was the dead bastard offspring of said incestuous relationship.

Sandy Vagina 05-22-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 11514029)
I really can't believe the amount of "outrage" about Sansa's wedding night. This is the same show that gave us incest rape where the only witness was the dead bastard offspring of said incestuous relationship.

The outrage over the outrage is what seems most bizarre and unimportant.

Why Not? 05-22-2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11513816)
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

ROFL

That was awesome!

MMXcalibur 05-24-2015 09:38 PM

Theon continues to be a worthless ****.

Buehler445 05-24-2015 11:25 PM

Yeah. Theon sucks.

Nice little curveball there with the red crazy whore saying Stannis needs to burn his daughter. Wonder where that is going.

Interesting to watch Jorahs story play out. Greyscale will comic are his life I'm sure.

Jon Snow gonna die. Sam gonna die.

Sucks to be Sansa.

Sure-Oz 05-25-2015 12:19 AM

Lol at Cersei and holy shit Tyene Sand

ThaVirus 05-25-2015 12:42 AM

Welp. I think I'm beginning to like the Sand Snakes. How about you, fellas? ****, I'm swooning over here. Those tits- c'est magnifique!

BigRedChief 05-25-2015 12:52 AM

Claire McCaskill (@clairecmc)
5/19/15, 8:19 AM
Ok, I'm done Game of Thrones.Water Garden, stupid.Gratuitous rape scene disgusting and unacceptable.It was a rocky rideC that just ended.

Buehler445 05-25-2015 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 11517888)
Lol at Cersei and holy shit Tyene Sand

I didn't see the Cersei thing coming until the High Sparrow started talking about Lancil. That was pretty impressive turn of events.

Up until now, Goeffrey dying is really the only bad blow she'd been dealt. She was going to give the middle finger to old man Lannister, at that point there wasn't any real reason to believe that Dorne was that dangerous for her daughter, and she seemed to give no ****s that Rob Stark captured her love. Now she is in ****ing prison.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11517898)
Welp. I think I'm beginning to like the Sand Snakes. How about you, fellas? ****, I'm swooning over here. Those tits- c'est magnifique!

Those were good tits. But the fight scene was pretty bad.

tomahawk kid 05-25-2015 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11517898)

Pretty epic indeed.

Maybe Bronn gets to play hide the cobra later this season.

keg in kc 05-25-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11517907)
Claire McCaskill (@clairecmc)
5/19/15, 8:19 AM
Ok, I'm done Game of Thrones.Water Garden, stupid.Gratuitous rape scene disgusting and unacceptable.It was a rocky rideC that just ended.

Somehow that makes me like it even more.

Hawk 05-25-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11517974)

Well Bronn did say in this scene that he was taking it easy on them because they were women. Maybe that makes the weak fight scene a little more tolerable.

And those were GREAT tits. Damn.

GloucesterChief 05-25-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11517752)
Theon continues to be a worthless ****.

Yeah, Stannis needs to take Winterfell so he can burn that POS alive.

ThaVirus 05-25-2015 04:46 PM

Dude. Those tits were ****ing fabulous.

MMXcalibur 05-25-2015 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 11518351)
Well Bronn did say in this scene that he was taking it easy on them because they were women. Maybe that makes the weak fight scene a little more tolerable.

And those were GREAT tits. Damn.

If I were the director, I might have done 30-40 takes.

eDave 05-25-2015 08:10 PM

I'm nine minutes in. This scene with Reek an Sansa is intense!

:bolt:

Oh shit... Poor, poor Reek.

What's their problem with Sam?

Thought I was gonna get some sweet Daenerys boob there. Damn those no nudity clauses.

Ooh. I like that short hair. And her spectacular tits. ****. He's sick. Arm slice.

I love Baelish. Playing the long game. I knew a guy at my first real job out of college like that. Looked exactly like him and had the same vocal cadence.

This is ****ing great! Not sure what happened but **** Cersei.

Ova. I'm lost with the spiritual/Cersei arc though.

Amnorix 05-26-2015 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11519085)
This is ****ing great! Not sure what happened but **** Cersei.

Ova. I'm lost with the spiritual/Cersei arc though.

Brief background -- the main religion in Westeros (except in Stark lands) is The Seven. The MOther, the Father, the Stranger, the Warrior, etc.

Because of all the troubles during the civil war, and the siege of King's Landing, the peasants increasingly turned to religion for solace. A branch of the main religion developed which was led to the fellow in rags, nicknamed teh High Sparrow. He is and htey are very pious. Religous zealots, basically.

When they caught the High Septon (the normal, "real" leader of the religion) in a brothel, they shamed him. The Septon then goes to Cercei and demands that they punish them, and throw the High Sparrow in prison. Instead, Cercei thinks she sees an opportunity and instead puts the Septon in prison, and goes to the High Sparrow and elevates him to High Septon.

What she doesn't realize is that this guy doesn't give a shit about money, power, prestige, wealth or the Game of Thrones. He won't be doing any quid pro quos. Cercei doubles down on her mistake by allowing them to have their own quasi-military. The Faith Militant. They were banished long ago (precisely because kings couldn't control them).

Fast forward to Sunday's episode -- the dude with the crazy tattoo on his head -- that's Lancel Lannister, Cercei's cousin. He was the guy who (1) spiked Robert's alcohol (at Cercei's bequest) with a stronger alcohol, so he would be extra drunk and hopefully fail when fighting the boar, which happened and led to his death, (2) was ****ing Cercei after Robert died and Jaime left, and (3) got turned by Tyrion into a spy against Cercei after Tyrion intimidated him into it. Shacking up with cousins apparently isn't allowed, so now Cercei is in jail for it.

What hasn't helped is they switched actors for Lancel. They announced this once episode when we see the new actor, and they're like "surely you remember your cousin Lancel" or something.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Fj_WuyBOTcY/hqdefault.jpg

Same dude (for purposes of the show):

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2..._Episode_4.jpg

Amnorix 05-26-2015 04:36 AM

Watch this starting at the 2:00 or so mark for the full story on Lancel:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/en0pZmcjYCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Amnorix 05-26-2015 05:23 AM

Stunning tits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szv6vk1pqco

BigRichard 05-26-2015 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11519387)

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/b8/b89e...3e9385c4c5.jpg

Radar Chief 05-26-2015 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11519378)
Cercei doubles down on her mistake by allowing them to have their own quasi-military. The Faith Militant. They were banished long ago (precisely because kings couldn't control them).

Tommen is going to have to gather his army and clear them out or he's basically ceding his authority to the zealots.
They've imprisoned his brother in law, then his wife and now his mother. He has to do something or the Lannister name is dirt.

GloucesterChief 05-26-2015 08:44 AM

It becomes even worse if the Tyrells stop the grain shipments to Kings Landing. Then you have riots again.

KevB 05-26-2015 09:12 AM

The best part about Cercei's imprisonment is that she was only there to gloat. Her ego and arrogance finally led to her apparent downfall.

ToxSocks 05-26-2015 10:00 AM

Great move casting the Sand Snakes. Who ever thought they were bad last week is an idiot.

I see superior acting ability when i see it. And that Sand Snake will be winning an award this year, book it.

DaFace 05-26-2015 01:14 PM

For those who were fans of the Tyene Sand scene...

(NSFW)
http://imgur.com/a/ZP5ev

Amnorix 05-26-2015 01:32 PM

Those tits are absolute perfection.

Buehler445 05-26-2015 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11519578)
Great move casting the Sand Snakes. Who ever thought they were bad last week is an idiot.

I see superior acting ability when i see it. And that Sand Snake will be winning an award this year, book it.

The fight was bad. I stand by that. Just because one of them has other worldly tits doesn't mean the fight wasn't bad.

ToxSocks 05-27-2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11520578)
The fight was bad. I stand by that. Just because one of them has other worldly tits doesn't mean the fight wasn't bad.

Sarcasm my friend. But yes, those titties.

Radar Chief 05-27-2015 02:23 PM

Yea. Don cur, cuz dem tits.

eDave 05-27-2015 04:30 PM

I know it's legal, but 19 year old tits seem just a tad young for me to be looking at. And enjoying immensely in so many ways.

MMXcalibur 05-27-2015 05:19 PM

Sooooooo......what happened to Bran Stark and that whole three-eyed raven business?

KC_Connection 05-27-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11521719)
Sooooooo......what happened to Bran Stark and that whole three-eyed raven business?

He has the year off. It's my understanding that the show basically caught up to his book storyline last year.

Beef Supreme 05-27-2015 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11517974)
I didn't see the Cersei thing coming until the High Sparrow started talking about Lancil. That was pretty impressive turn of events.

Up until now, Goeffrey dying is really the only bad blow she'd been dealt. She was going to give the middle finger to old man Lannister, at that point there wasn't any real reason to believe that Dorne was that dangerous for her daughter, and she seemed to give no ****s that Rob Stark captured her love. Now she is in ****ing prison.....

How did you not see the Cersei thing coming?

Buehler445 05-27-2015 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11522022)
How did you not see the Cersei thing coming?

I did once she started talking to the high sparrow. But when she brought Marjory her leftovers I thought she had won.

eDave 05-27-2015 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11522357)
I did once she started talking to the high sparrow. But when she brought Marjory her leftovers I thought she had won.

I consider myself a reasonable intelligent guy but that whole arch went right over my head. Not enough boobies I guess.

GloucesterChief 05-27-2015 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11522359)
I consider myself a reasonable intelligent guy but that whole arch went right over my head. Not enough boobies I guess.

I think they were insinuating that Baelish told Oleana about Lanciel and Cersci incest. If Tyrion could find out pretty easy Baelish could as well.

Of course, the Queen of Thorns used this. Basically, force Tommen to take on the fanatics.

Fire Me Boy! 05-28-2015 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11522362)
I think they were insinuating that Baelish told Oleana about Lanciel and Cersci incest. If Tyrion could find out pretty easy Baelish could as well.

Of course, the Queen of Thorns used this. Basically, force Tommen to take on the fanatics.

Oleana knew a while ago. She and Papa Lannister talked about it.

BigRichard 05-28-2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11522434)
Oleana knew a while ago. She and Papa Lannister talked about it.

Exactly, this was all brought on strictly by Lancel Lannister. I would go as far as to say you could guess the High Sparrow knew from the beginning but waited until he got everything he wanted from Cerci before he pulled that card. Also showing he can play the Game of Thrones as well.

NewChief 05-28-2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 11522511)
Exactly, this was all brought on strictly by Lancel Lannister. I would go as far as to say you could guess the High Sparrow knew from the beginning but waited until he got everything he wanted from Cerci before he pulled that card. Also showing he can play the Game of Thrones as well.

Yeah. As I said in the spoiler thread, Cersei suffers pretty badly from the Dunning-Kruger effect (which Tywin also pointed out when he was alive). If she were half as clever as she thinks she is, then she'd be rocking the Game of Thrones. Sadly, she's not, so she sucks at it.

GloucesterChief 05-31-2015 08:15 PM

When Tormund wants to talk with you, it is in your best interest to agree.

alanm 05-31-2015 08:37 PM

Great episode tonight!!!!

Sure-Oz 05-31-2015 09:19 PM

Holy Shit!!! The best episode yet

MMXcalibur 05-31-2015 09:37 PM

Fantastic ending to that episode.

Buehler445 05-31-2015 09:45 PM

Really good episode there.

The army of the dead battle was pretty ****ing good. Not sure the significance of the crazy wildling chick that wouldn't kill dead children was but I'm sure I missed something. The whole valerian steel thing killing the white walker was pretty neat. Did he not have that sword when he stabbed the one dead guy in lord commander mormots chamber? I suppose not. I think he got the sword after that.

The Cersei thing is kind of boring to me. Yeah. She's broken. We get it.

Jorah is having a tough go. I wonder what will happen with his Greyscale? Interesting shit. Either way I don't think he's long for the world. Tyrian and Danyrius' dialog was really well done. Probably the best bit of acting she has done (clothed).

Shit is getting real for Arya. Wonder what they are trying to foreshadow there?

Buehler445 05-31-2015 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11528180)
When Tormund wants to talk with you, it is in your best interest to agree.

Or at least not imply that he sucks cock. Especially when you're half his size.

GloucesterChief 05-31-2015 09:56 PM

They guy in the commander's chamber was just a regular undead. He shattered an actual white walker.

Aries Walker 05-31-2015 11:15 PM

The giant was pretty badass. I hope he becomes a recurring character.

Silock 05-31-2015 11:36 PM

This show is so boring. That episode was nothing but filler. Nothing ever happens in this show.

ThaVirus 06-01-2015 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11528330)
The army of the dead battle was pretty ****ing good. Not sure the significance of the crazy wildling chick that wouldn't kill dead children was but I'm sure I missed something. The whole valerian steel thing killing the white walker was pretty neat. Did he not have that sword when he stabbed the one dead guy in lord commander mormots chamber? I suppose not. I think he got the sword after that.

That was actually just a wight. It seems they can be killed by conventional weaponry and fire.

The white walkers require either dragonglass or Valyrian steel to be put down.

Aries Walker 06-01-2015 07:16 AM

There are really only two classes of those undead, white walkers and wights, right? I get the impression that the skeletons are just wights that have been around long enough to decompose.

AndChiefs 06-01-2015 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 11528444)
There are really only two classes of those undead, white walkers and wights, right? I get the impression that the skeletons are just wights that have been around long enough to decompose.

I believe so. At least I haven't seen anything to suggest there is anything different.

Sully 06-01-2015 08:17 AM

The **** are you looking at?

Hawk 06-01-2015 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 11528483)
The **** are you looking at?

Haha, Wun-Wun the Giant was awesome! That line was great, but when he started stomping on the wights with his giant feet, and then batting them with a giant log, I was totally loving it! Giants rule!

Radar Chief 06-01-2015 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11528388)
This show is so boring. That episode was nothing but filler. Nothing ever happens in this show.

I'm so over this show. Not even going to watch the last two episodes.

BigRichard 06-01-2015 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 11528561)

Funny that one of the best episodes they had and now you guys are ready to quit. ROFL

NewChief 06-01-2015 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 11528619)
Funny that one of the best episodes they had and now you guys are ready to quit. ROFL

I think they're being sarcastic.

Aries Walker 06-01-2015 10:09 AM

This forum needs some sort of word or phrase that means "What you just said is so strangely off the mark and wildly divergent from all reason and logic that I suspect you are being sarcastic or silly, and the nuance has just been lost in this text-only form of communication. If you are, I commend you and we can share a back-slapping laugh; however, if you are being serious, and you truly believe that statement as presented, then you I can say without exaggeration or fear of contradiction that you are indeed a blithering, rampaging moron."

mdchiefsfan 06-01-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 11528634)
This forum needs some sort of word or phrase that means "What you just said is so strangely off the mark and wildly divergent from all reason and logic that I suspect you are being sarcastic or silly, and the nuance has just been lost in this text-only form of communication. If you are, I commend you and we can share a back-slapping laugh; however, if you are being serious, and you truly believe that statement as presented, then you I can say without exaggeration or fear of contradiction that you are indeed a blithering, rampaging moron."

"Wyjsissotmawdfaraltisyabsosatnhjblittfociyaicyawcsabsl;hiyabsaytbtsaptyicsweofoctyaiabrm"?

:shrug:

Fire Me Boy! 06-01-2015 10:36 AM

Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11528653)
"Wyjsissotmawdfaraltisyabsosatnhjblittfociyaicyawcsabsl;hiyabsaytbtsaptyicsweofoctyaiabrm"?

:shrug:

LMAOLMAOLMAO

DJ's left nut 06-01-2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 11528634)

Be careful; if you post an image of Jackie Chan with a frustrated expression and the words 'what the **** is this shit?!', you will get banned for 3 days.

Yes, I am bitter.

mdchiefsfan 06-01-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11528666)
LMAOLMAOLMAO

I think it's extremely efficient. We just need to use it a few times to get it to stick. No biggie! :D

BigRichard 06-01-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11528628)
I think they're being sarcastic.

Yeah it is possible my Sarcaso Meter is broke

Sure-Oz 06-01-2015 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 11528561)

Only 2 episodes left? Can't believe its now the walking dead

Fire Me Boy! 06-01-2015 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 11528816)
Only 2 episodes left? Can't believe its now the walking dead

Wyjsissotmawdfaraltisyabsosatnhjblittfociyaicyawcsabsl;hiyabsaytbtsaptyicsweofoctyaiabrm.

mdchiefsfan 06-01-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11528834)
Wyjsissotmawdfaraltisyabsosatnhjblittfociyaicyawcsabsl;hiyabsaytbtsaptyicsweofoctyaiabrm.

ROFL :clap:

Sure-Oz 06-01-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Amnorix 06-01-2015 12:19 PM

Quote:

ROFL ROFL

Aries Walker 06-01-2015 01:30 PM

See? Works like a charm.

mdchiefsfan 06-01-2015 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 11528975)
See? Works like a charm.

:thumb: We've got this.

Hawk 06-01-2015 03:33 PM

Loved this part:

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/3JY...-giant-3.0.gif

AustinChief 06-01-2015 05:11 PM

Wyjsissotmawdfaraltisyabsosatnhjblittfociyaicyawcsabsl;hiyabsaytbtsapticsweofoctyaiabrm.
Translation:
!!!

Testing this.. it's not quite working but I'll come back to it later... (See the new button on posts ^^^)

Silock 06-01-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 11528750)
Yeah it is possible my Sarcaso Meter is broke

It is