ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Former LAPD officer on rampage in So Cal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269787)

In58men 02-09-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9388984)
From what I heard it was either in a trash receptacle, or on top of a trash receptacle. Either way it was in plain site for someone to see. I believe it was a wallet with his driver's license and other ID in it.

Thanks or sharing.

I'll keep researching myself, everything is vague as of right now.

CaliforniaChief 02-09-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 9388606)
Dude is a hero. The LAPD would be better served in the long run if he succeeded.

And you're a complete idiot. He's a murderer. Go away.

In58men 02-09-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9388994)
And you're a complete idiot. He's a murderer. Go away.

Well no shit lol, I'm still intrigued with his motive.

Stewie 02-09-2013 09:42 AM

I read in the LA Times that it actually took authorities five hours to figure out that the burned-out truck was Dorner's. He's long gone from there, I bet.

KChiefer 02-09-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

The truck had a broken axle, which would have prevented the vehicle from moving, and footprints appear to show that Dorner doubled back into the community, said a source with knowledge of the investigation.

It was unclear where Dorner may have gone from there or by what means, the source said.

But Bachman told reporters Friday: "The possibility exists that he is here, somewhere in the forest, so we're going to keep looking...until we determine that he's not here."

Guns found in the truck were also burned, but authorities believe Dorner may have as many as 30 guns with him, the source said. Dorner was in the Navy and is trained in counterinsurgency and intelligence, the source said.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/08/us/lapd-attacks
So the broken axle means he may not have reached his ideal destination. Can I fire cause that? I don't know.

I had to laugh at the line about him having 30 guns with him.

Bwana 02-09-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9389041)
So the broken axle means he may not have reached his ideal destination. Can I fire cause that? I don't know.

I had to laugh at the line about him having 30 guns with him.

Yeeeeeeeeah :facepalm:

He wouldn't stick out at all sporting 30 guns, even if he had them in a big tote bag. Not even to get into the weight of thirty guns with the ammo.

In58men 02-09-2013 10:16 AM

They're saying he might have up to 30 guns stashed in different areas. Remember he had 3-4 years to plan this out. If you read his manifesto he was able to retrieve weapons/weapon accessories at a very very cheap price.

beach tribe 02-09-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9388569)
Florida:

Andrew Lee Scott Dead: Lake County Police Fatally Shoot Wrong Man While Hunting Murder Suspect

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1679408.html

...more...

SHOOT THE INNOCENT "SUSPECT" is Growing Police Trend: Chicago Tribune Expose, Examples, Stats
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...les-Statistics

Cops abuse their power and do whatever the the hell they want everywhere.....not all cops, of course, but enough to make you sick.

This map from one of those powerful links, shows that LA is one of only 2 counties, in the US marked in red when it comes to police misconduct.

beach tribe 02-09-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9389003)
Well no shit lol, I'm still intrigued with his motive.

Me too.
He's probably taken quite a few muderers down with him.
Not implying that this is justified by that.

Bwana 02-09-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9389068)
They're saying he might have up to 30 guns stashed in different areas. Remember he had 3-4 years to plan this out. If you read his manifesto he was able to retrieve weapons/weapon accessories at a very very cheap price.

I will take the bait on 30 guns stashed as a possibility, but there is no way he has 30 guns with him without a vehicle. 30 guns with a decent stash of ammo would be at least 200 pounds. If he is in the mountains, there is no way that dude is packing an extra 200 pounds in that thin air along with other supplies.

Carlota69 02-09-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9389085)
I will take the bait on 30 guns stashed as a possibility, but there is no way he has 30 guns with him without a vehicle. 30 guns with a decent stash of ammo would be at least 200 pounds. If he is in the mountains, there is no way that dude is packing an extra 200 pounds in that thin air along with other supplies.

I agree that he isn't in the mountains. Why in the hell would he want to attract attention by burning his truck? I say so he could bring the search to the mountains while he was elsewhere. Although he is strong enough to carry 200 pounds of artillery, no way he isn't somewhere else in another vehicle. 3-4 years to plan this? Yeah, he's long gone and just waiting to make his next move.

KChiefer 02-09-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9389068)

Yeah, if he has them stashed in a hide out it makes sense. It was just funny the way it's written. Even if he has 30 guns, he only has two hands.

beach tribe 02-09-2013 10:37 AM

Wait, he's only killed one cop, and two innocent people?
WTF I thought diude had killed like 5 cops.
He's no daisy.

Stewie 02-09-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9389098)
Wait, he's only killed one cop, and two innocent people?
WTF I thought diude had killed like 5 cops.
He's no daisy.

Well, to be honest, the LAPD is doing their best to add to the number of casualties.

Bwana 02-09-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9389092)
I agree that he isn't in the mountains. Why in the hell would he want to attract attention by burning his truck? I say so he could bring the search to the mountains while he was elsewhere. Although he is strong enough to carry 200 pounds of artillery, no way he isn't somewhere else in another vehicle. 3-4 years to plan this? Yeah, he's long gone and just waiting to make his next move.

He may be able to carry 200 pounds in the mountains, but not for long trust me on that one, not in that thin air. Another thing to think about is the fact that he would need other things to survive up there, likely weighing in at a minimum of 100 pounds.

On top of all that, there is a fresh snow up there, so tracking him would not be that hard. I'm with you, unless he humped it up to a cabin around there, he is long gone.