ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals ***Kansas City Royals vs Miami Marlins of Florida 8/14*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275306)

Lex Luthor 08-14-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9885934)
According to Dutton they like his versatility.

He can go hitless at any position!

mr. tegu 08-14-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9885934)
According to Dutton they like his versatility.

He can lose a game for you in a variety of ways.

Brianfo 08-14-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9885467)
Wasn't able to follow a thread or listen to this game today, but it's funny how far we're swinging each way on DM.

Ultimately, there is far too much evidence, in my view, that he's a ****ing idiot.

Present your evidence Mr. Deeznutz. We are a small market team with a shitty owner. I will anxiously wait your evedince.

Great Expectations 08-14-2013 09:12 PM

Bad (I'm sure I'm missing a few)

Kyle D, EJ, Getz, Hoch starting/current contract, Wil, Davis, jamie carol, toronto dude, bubba

Good:
Santana, Guthrie, Grienke

mr. tegu 08-14-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianfo (Post 9886090)
Present your evidence Mr. Deeznutz. We are a small market team with a shitty owner. I will anxiously wait your evedince.

The refusal to give some guys with potential a chance right now is absolutely idiotic. Instead he wants to bring in retreads and cast offs because they have "experience" and they are "trustworthy."

Yes we know from experience that we can trust that Elliot, Getz, Bonifacio, and Carrol are going to suck out loud and cost the team victories.

duncan_idaho 08-14-2013 10:22 PM

Bonifacio has at least been a high level player in the past and is still young enough to think he could recover. I don't think lumping him in with Carroll, Getz, Johnson is fair at this point.

tk13 08-14-2013 10:24 PM

I'd agree with that. Bonifacio is way more talented than any of the other three utility guys we have.*

*No baseball fan should be forced to write a sentence about their team that includes the phrase "the other three utility guys."

mr. tegu 08-14-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9886247)
Bonifacio has at least been a high level player in the past and is still young enough to think he could recover. I don't think lumping him in with Carroll, Getz, Johnson is fair at this point.

If Bonifacio was replacing two of them then it wouldn't matter so much. When Moose comes back if he takes the 2B spot and we dump Johnson and he plays more than the other option then that will be okay. That way we don't have to see Carrol or Getz on any kind of regular basis.

I was thinking Carrol took Tejada's spot. With Bonifacio coming don't they have to get rid of someone tomorrow?

duncan_idaho 08-14-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9886259)
If Bonifacio was replacing two of them then it wouldn't matter so much. When Moose comes back if he takes the 2B spot and we dump Johnson and he plays more than the other option then that will be okay. That way we don't have to see Carrol or Getz on any kind of regular basis.

I was thinking Carrol took Tejada's spot. With Bonifacio coming don't they have to get rid of someone tomorrow?

They do, and it should be Getz unless they think Bonifacio can play SS when Escobar sits. If that's the case, Johnson can be sent out.

Best-case scenario would be that Moustakas is ready to play by Monday. He plays 3B everyday and they use Bonifacio as the everyday 2B.

mr. tegu 08-14-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9886271)
They do, and it should be Getz unless they think Bonifacio can play SS when Escobar sits. If that's the case, Johnson can be sent out.

Best-case scenario would be that Moustakas is ready to play by Monday. He plays 3B everyday and they use Bonifacio as the everyday 2B.

Definitely. I really hate Johnson right now but of the two, him or Getz, Getz is the one more likely to inexplicably take time away from Bonifacio so hopefully he is the one gone. That being said, Johnson looked so disengaged today so my guess is that he knew this was his last game here.

SPchief 08-14-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9886271)

I think that's how this plays out and I hope to wake up to the news that Johnson has been DFA'd. But does Moore cut bait that early with him is the question. Any insight on Keitzman's "story" about Tejada? My hunch is he had a source blowing him bad info because nobody else has mentioned it. And start a new repository damnit

tk13 08-14-2013 10:50 PM

Tomorrow's lineup for Game 1 against the Tigers:

CF Dyson
SS Escobar
RF Lough
LF Gordon
C Kotteras
DH Bonifacio
3B Carroll
1B Getz
2B E. Johnson

mr. tegu 08-14-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9886288)
Tomorrow's lineup for Game 1 against the Tigers:

CF Dyson
SS Escobar
RF Lough
LF Gordon
C Kotteras
DH Bonifacio
3B Carroll
1B Getz
2B E. Johnson

This place would melt down, lol.

SPchief 08-14-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9886297)
This place would melt down, lol.

And rightfully so

tk13 08-14-2013 11:03 PM

I toyed with the idea of putting Johnson at SS so I could put Bonifacio at 2B. Then you'd have the all-utility infield. If only we could get Graffanino to DH, Esteban German in LF and Ross Gload in RF. Ultimate lineup.