ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Dental experiences with O.City (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327128)

George Liquor 03-20-2024 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macroach (Post 17451876)
My son is getting his wisdom teeth pulled. The dentist we have used for decades recently sold his business and retired. The new dentist wants to charge $300 per tooth for "collagen" which isn't covered by Delta Dental. Is this normal or are they just gouging us?

I got a wisdom tooth pulled for like $98 once. But i specifically requested "as cheap as possible".

scho63 03-20-2024 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdj23 (Post 17451884)
I got a wisdom tooth pulled for like $98 once. But i specifically requested "as cheap as possible".

String tied around a door knob connected to your tooth is no longer an option. :(

HonestChieffan 03-20-2024 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 17451617)
What do they cost down there just curious , getting one soon

Monticore 03-20-2024 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 17451959)

About same I guess , just had an implant/post put in 1800$ insurance covered 1100$ , need crown , all on the same tooth I had root canal 5 years ago , pretty expensive tooth so far.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-20-2024 08:39 PM

I was quoted $4000 to remove all 4 wisdom teeth last year. I just kept them. **** THAT!

kcpasco 03-20-2024 09:07 PM

Try 8 crowns , my molars are screwed from grinding them almost flat.

Bearcat 03-20-2024 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17451669)
Why does dental insurance not to cover much?

For the same reason every other insurance doesn't cover much.

O.city 03-21-2024 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macroach (Post 17451876)
My son is getting his wisdom teeth pulled. The dentist we have used for decades recently sold his business and retired. The new dentist wants to charge $300 per tooth for "collagen" which isn't covered by Delta Dental. Is this normal or are they just gouging us?

They do all kinds of stuff now for grafting....I've never heard it for wisdom teeth but I don't do any of that so I'm out of the loop.

O.city 03-21-2024 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 17451999)
Try 8 crowns , my molars are screwed from grinding them almost flat.

Not fun.

Those tend to end in full mouth rehab cases which are not the most cost effective.

Hoover 03-21-2024 08:20 AM

Is it a sign that I’m getting old that I always enjoy this thread when it randomly pops up?

O.city 03-21-2024 08:46 AM

Have had some wild shit happen lately.

Came in to the office Tuesday morning, at my rural office and a little ol lady is sitting in here car in the parking lot with the windows down. I walk by to get to the front door and she immediately starts in on me. "These dentures don't fit, I gotta have something done".

Ok, no problem. Come on in. She sits down and just continues to berate me for them. "I can't believe you would make a set of dentures that fit this poorly, how do you live with yourself. If I had any money I would get a lawyer and we would have it out".

So I sit and listen to her for 15 minutes. Finally she stops for a minute to let me respond, so I calmly say "Ma'am, this is the first time I have ever seen you. I don't know where you had these made, but it wasn't here".

She looks at me bewildered, says "Wait, you aren't Dr (Insert some other name)".

"No".

She gets up and walks out.

GloryDayz 03-21-2024 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17452271)
Have had some wild shit happen lately.

Came in to the office Tuesday morning, at my rural office and a little ol lady is sitting in here car in the parking lot with the windows down. I walk by to get to the front door and she immediately starts in on me. "These dentures don't fit, I gotta have something done".

Ok, no problem. Come on in. She sits down and just continues to berate me for them. "I can't believe you would make a set of dentures that fit this poorly, how do you live with yourself. If I had any money I would get a lawyer and we would have it out".

So I sit and listen to her for 15 minutes. Finally she stops for a minute to let me respond, so I calmly say "Ma'am, this is the first time I have ever seen you. I don't know where you had these made, but it wasn't here".

She looks at me bewildered, says "Wait, you aren't Dr (Insert some other name)".

"No".

She gets up and walks out.

I hope you got all her insurance information before she sat down...

O.city 03-21-2024 09:00 AM

Hell nah, I didn't want anything to do with that. Sent her on her way, hopefully she finds the office that made them.

ChiefaRoo 03-21-2024 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdj23 (Post 17451884)

I’ve never understood the whole idea of wanting cheap dentistry. Some people talk about it like it’s a rip off to get high quality dental work.

You need a healthy mouth to function. You need a nice looking mouth so as to not look like a troll when you’re older. Then there’s the mechanicals of keeping your jaw aligned and all the possible TMJ and cervical issues if your bite is all jacked up because of missing teeth. Teeth do so much for us.

Spend the money. ( I’m not affiliated with any form of dentistry)

O.city 03-21-2024 09:32 AM

Kinda falls into the "good, fast, or cheap" thing.