ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics New Apple Tablet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222464)

irishjayhawk 04-08-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 6661396)
4G has been out here in Austin for months now, same with San Antonio, DFW and Houston (the only other places I go to often besides KC) and KC will have it in the next few months.

I have tested the 4G speeds and availability here and they are amazing.

So, 4G DOES make a difference... especially for me.

No one is arguing it doesn't make a difference service wise. But it's not everywhere by any stretch of the imagination.

007 04-08-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6661365)
The reason the nano got the camera was because of two things. One, it was a shot at the Flip. Two, it is one of the better selling iPods other than Touch which they need to keep afloat or else the market will saturate.

Now, I think you'll see a camera addition on the next Touch but I'm just educatingly guessing.

As far as I have seen, there are no plans for an updated Touch in the near future. Have you seen anything that would suggest otherwise? I would like to pass mine down to my son and get a new one but the only thing that will justify it for me will be the addition of the camera.

AustinChief 04-08-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6661423)
No one is arguing it doesn't make a difference service wise. But it's not everywhere by any stretch of the imagination.

No, but it is everywhere I will be... they will have solid coverage for the rest of the US by end of 2010 and fill in the rest throughout 2011...

But as I said... It's great for me! Of course, I wouldn't care a lick if the EVO had 4G if I lived in North Dakota...

irishjayhawk 04-08-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6661470)
As far as I have seen, there are no plans for an updated Touch in the near future. Have you seen anything that would suggest otherwise? I would like to pass mine down to my son and get a new one but the only thing that will justify it for me will be the addition of the camera.

That's because the Touch's product cycle ends in September after the back to school deal.

So after the iPhone hardware update you might see some new Touch announcements either there or a month or two after. You won't see the device until September or early October. They always release things every year in a cycle. iPhone is June/July. iPad will probably be March/April. Laptops and desktops are different but generally desktops updated after back to school promotion and laptops should be coming up sooner or later.

So, in short, September for device, announcement in June or August/early Sept.

Silock 04-08-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 6661396)
KC will have it in the next few months.

Like . . . HTML5? ;)

007 04-08-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6661477)
That's because the Touch's product cycle ends in September after the back to school deal.

So after the iPhone hardware update you might see some new Touch announcements either there or a month or two after. You won't see the device until September or early October. They always release things every year in a cycle. iPhone is June/July. iPad will probably be March/April. Laptops and desktops are different but generally desktops updated after back to school promotion and laptops should be coming up sooner or later.

So, in short, September for device, announcement in June or August/early Sept.

Cool. Thanks.

AustinChief 04-08-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 6661480)
Like . . . HTML5? ;)

not quite... HTML5 is more like Verizon's plan to implement LTE 4G tech this year "sometime" which means verizon customers can expect a usable 4G device by summer of 2011 (maybe)

teedubya 04-08-2010 08:53 PM

So, check this... one of my clients gifted me an iPad today. LOL. That is gratitude.

So far, it appears pretty kick ass so far. Haven't ****ed with it much yet... but, not bad for free.

heh

Param 04-08-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 6661472)
No, but it is everywhere I will be... they will have solid coverage for the rest of the US by end of 2010 and fill in the rest throughout 2011...

But as I said... It's great for me! Of course, I wouldn't care a lick if the EVO had 4G if I lived in North Dakota...

You must be on S.

Better hope it takes off and people will actually start using Sprint rather than leaving, otherwise they are heading straight to the toilet.

teedubya 04-09-2010 01:51 AM

CP looks like shit on the iPad. We need a way to turn off mobile CSS. For any tablet, really
Posted via Mobile Device

Silock 04-09-2010 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari Chi3fs (Post 6661957)
CP looks like shit on the iPad. We need a way to turn off mobile CSS. For any tablet, really
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, but it's fast.
Posted via Mobile Device

007 04-09-2010 03:21 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Isn't it the same OS as the iphone and ipod touch? CP looks just like it does on my computer on my touch.

AustinChief 04-09-2010 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Param (Post 6661748)
You must be on S.

Better hope it takes off and people will actually start using Sprint rather than leaving, otherwise they are heading straight to the toilet.

I am on Sprint, but the GREAT thing is that 4G is through Clear (Sprint owns 51% of). Clear has positioned themselves to switch to LTE if they need to... so even if WiMax becomes "obsolete" their infrastructure won't. They actually have the best "plan" out there... Craig McCaw knows what he is doing...

patteeu 04-09-2010 05:47 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

AustinChief is trying to ruin the experience of ipad users just to win this argument!

irishjayhawk 04-17-2010 02:16 PM

http://www.webmonkey.com/2010/04/goo...p-attachments/