ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

KC_Connection 03-04-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9463275)
He's a lot taller and longer than Harden, doesn't handle the ball nearly as well. Tyreke is hitting 37% his long balls this year so he's a better shooter than you think. But yes, Evans handles the ball and penetrates far better. It's hard to get a good comp on Shabazz since he's a good but not great athlete who likes to spot up from midrange and/or post up guys on the blocks. Who does that anymore in the NBA at 6-6?

Evans is a career 27% from 3PT, so that 37% appears to be more of a small sample size thing than anything else (and he still takes less than two a game so the confidence isn't there in it). Maybe he's learned to be more disciplined with it, though. Either way, I've thought Smart is a perfect comp for him for a while now.

Harden's 6'5 220, Shabazz is 6'6 225. But, of course, he doesn't have the same kind of handles or court vision. It's difficult to find a close comp for him, but I think he still has a lot of room to develop.

Prison Bitch 03-04-2013 03:53 PM

I see him at 6-4 several places but that's close enough. Shabazz will probably grow another inch after he's drafted :) Bazz is tought to comp. He's got Kidd-Gilcrists physique and zero of his game. He's looking like he'll be a spot-up shooter. He looks lazier than sin. I wouldn't take him no way, no how. He'll be fighting with the coach in no time.

teedubya 03-04-2013 03:59 PM

I want KU to be a #2 seed, so they have a chip on their shoulder... if they get a #1, I could see them becoming complacent. Don't like that.

Prison Bitch 03-04-2013 04:17 PM

You want a 1-seed this year, with all the parity among the top-10 teams. Force the lower half of that group to play themselves until you see them in the Elite 8.

shitgoose 03-04-2013 04:29 PM

I want a #1 seed every year no matter what. History has shown that #1 seeds reach the final 4 at a higher clip than any other seed. I don't care what has happened in the past.

teedubya 03-04-2013 04:30 PM

Good point... but man, this year's national champion will have more losses than any team that I can remember in recent history.

sedated 03-04-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9464040)
I want KU to be a #2 seed, so they have a chip on their shoulder... if they get a #1, I could see them becoming complacent. Don't like that.

I don’t see a team with 4 seniors getting complacent, especially when they’ve lived through VCU and Northern Iowa.

KC_Connection 03-04-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Being a #1 seed theoretically provides the easier road. It also essentially gives you a bye in the first round, as the #16 seeds are generally quite bad. That's quite an advantage to have in a 6 game elimination tournament.

I'll take the 1 if it's there. Can't be scared of success.

Buehler445 03-04-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9463322)
I’m curious to see how UNC’s new 4-smalls lineup does against Kelly. IIRC, Kelly killed KU last year in Maui (neither Withey nor TRob could guard him), and a couple of games later Duke lost to a team that went small and absolutely schooled Kelly on the defensive end – Coach K ended up benching him I believe. This year’s UNC/Duke game might give Self a blueprint in the event we have to face Duke, and this year’s team has shown that sliding Releford to the 4 spot can be pretty effective.

Releford played quite a few minutes at the 4 in his sophomore year IIRC. At that point he had played hardly any minutes at all and I thought Self had flown the KuKus nest. But I was surprised. Releford played really solid defense down low. The problem is that if we run Releford at 4 we trade Releford perimeter defense for Tharpe perimeter defense which isn't beneficial. But a guy like Kelley would be a good option of Young can't get it done.

KC_Connection 03-04-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shitgoose (Post 9464214)
I want a #1 seed every year no matter what. History has shown that #1 seeds reach the final 4 at a higher clip than any other seed. I don't care what has happened in the past.

Yes, it's an advantage. And you'll take any advantage you can get in this kind of crapshoot.

KC_Connection 03-04-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9464216)
Good point... but man, this year's national champion will have more losses than any team that I can remember in recent history.

Doubt anybody will wind up with 9 losses like UConn in 2011.

Buehler445 03-04-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

At this point becoming a 2 means that they lost to TT or @BU. do not want.

teedubya 03-04-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9464220)
I don’t see a team with 4 seniors getting complacent, especially when they’ve lived through VCU and Northern Iowa.

I didn't see this team scoring 13 points in a half vs. TCU and losing 3 in a row, either.

teedubya 03-04-2013 04:49 PM

And you all are right... #1 seed is a huge advantage... especially with them playing in KC... I just don't feel with 4 losses we deserve it... then you look at the rankings, and the only team that has less than 4 losses is Gonzaga. What a strange ****ing year. LOL

sedated 03-04-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9464236)
Releford played quite a few minutes at the 4 in his sophomore year IIRC. At that point he had played hardly any minutes at all and I thought Self had flown the KuKus nest. But I was surprised. Releford played really solid defense down low. The problem is that if we run Releford at 4 we trade Releford perimeter defense for Tharpe perimeter defense which isn't beneficial. But a guy like Kelley would be a good option of Young can't get it done.

IIRC, Releford was an undersized 4 when he came to KU. That’s one of the biggest reasons he didn’t play and red-shirted – Self wanted to transform him into a 3.

That’s why I think he is the key to playing against a guy like Kelly – while at a height disadvantage, he can still bang down low, and will shut them down when they try to go outside.