ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   *****Official Chiefsplanet "I have a random thought" Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206424)

LetsSignRussell 06-06-2010 11:27 PM

has russell been signed yet? i need a name change.

KurtCobain 06-06-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsSignRussell (Post 6803387)
has russell been signed yet? i need a name change.

you really do. start a thread about it.

LetsSignRussell 06-06-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 6803391)
you really do. start a thread about it.

are you being a jackass? because those bitches won't let me start threads :cuss:

KurtCobain 06-06-2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsSignRussell (Post 6803393)
are you being a jackass?

Give or take.

LetsSignRussell 06-06-2010 11:45 PM

smoke any weed tonight?

KurtCobain 06-06-2010 11:46 PM

Sober.

LetsSignRussell 06-06-2010 11:49 PM

It's about to rain here

KurtCobain 06-06-2010 11:51 PM

It's gettin hot in here.

KurtCobain 06-07-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsSignRussell (Post 6803412)
It's about to rain here

Since the Russel signing didn't go in the best direction, maybe your new name should be CasselFTW.

LetsSignRussell 06-07-2010 12:03 AM

take it up with daface

KurtCobain 06-07-2010 12:04 AM

other possible names for yeh

BugEaterIsSexy
LoveBug
BugBites
NebraskanLovin

MoreLemonPledge 06-07-2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 6803423)
other possible names for yeh

BugEaterIsSexy
LoveBug
BugBites
NebraskanLovin

Pube-A-Conda
1984 David Bowie
LessLemonPledge
MorePineSol

Jilly 06-07-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 6800746)
rednfiesty not true but your the closest one.

????? I'm hurt.

The Franchise 06-08-2010 08:28 AM

I got to work this morning at 6:30. I'll be leaving work around 2.....tomorrow morning. God I love Elections.

Crush 06-08-2010 10:51 AM

WOW THAT'S A LOW PRICE!!!!

DaKCMan AP 06-09-2010 06:42 AM

Last night, and yesterday as a whole, was Awesome.

JD10367 06-09-2010 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 6808911)
Last night, and yesterday as a whole, was Awesome.

Came twice, huh? :clap: :D

DaKCMan AP 06-09-2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 6808912)
Came twice, huh? :clap: :D

ROFL

Not where I was going with that, but I wouldn't expect anything less from this membership.

CHENZ A! 06-10-2010 08:49 AM

I have an employee that literally will take a 30+ min long shit every morning. I like to read on the pot sometimes, and I always wipe thorougly, but 30+ min? Damn. That's just too long.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 06-10-2010 09:39 AM

I ****ing hate voters. Yeah, I know I have a job because of them....but right now I ****ing hate them.

luv 06-10-2010 09:21 PM

School.....

So far....

Perfect attendance. Perfect scores on all homework. I've missed one on one quiz (although possibly another one tonight, damn it).

Lovin' it!

First time I've ever felt so confident that I've made the right choice for myself.

Gonzo 06-10-2010 09:55 PM

Been thinking about going to school myself. Last night, Lumpy and I had our 1st serious discussion about it.

Not quite sure what my major would be. I have a knack for business management but don't enjoy it much. I went on a job interview today for a gig with my old company. They are going to offer it to me tomorrow but I'm actually making the same pay sitting at home collecting unemployment. They offered me a salary almost 50 percent lower than what I was making and they want me to work overnights. The only reason I'd take it is for the health insurance.
Lumpy told me not to take it, (she knows I'd be miserable). She's been really great through all of the stuff I've been dealing with.

Decisions, decisions...
Posted via Mobile Device

MoreLemonPledge 06-10-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 6811388)
I have an employee that literally will take a 30+ min long shit every morning. I like to read on the pot sometimes, and I always wipe thorougly, but 30+ min? Damn. That's just too long.
Posted via Mobile Device

And this employee gets paid to take a 30+ minute dump? I need that job.

luv 06-10-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6813516)
Been thinking about going to school myself. Last night, Lumpy and I had our 1st serious discussion about it.

Not quite sure what my major would be. I have a knack for business management but don't enjoy it much. I went on a job interview today for a gig with my old company. They are going to offer it to me tomorrow but I'm actually making the same pay sitting at home collecting unemployment. They offered me a salary almost 50 percent lower than what I was making and they want me to work overnights. The only reason I'd take it is for the health insurance.
Lumpy told me not to take it, (she knows I'd be miserable).

Decisions, decisions...
Posted via Mobile Device

You would probably qualify for a Pell Grant. I think unemployment usually has some education assistance, too. I'd look into it. I'm going to Vatterott, which is more like a vocational school. Sure, they want graduates, but they get their funding through job placement more than anything.

Gonzo 06-10-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6813577)
You would probably qualify for a Pell Grant. I think unemployment usually has some education assistance, too. I'd look into it. I'm going to Vatterott, which is more like a vocational school. Sure, they want graduates, but they get their funding through job placement more than anything.

I've been looking at a few local schools, (metro and bellevue) but I'm really looking at upper iowa. My dad went there via correspondence and he recommends it highly. Believe it or not, I'm a helluva cook so I'm kinda looking at some culinary schools as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

LetsSignRussell 06-10-2010 10:41 PM

gotta ge to 1000 posts

LetsSignRussell 06-10-2010 10:41 PM

10 away now

Gonzo 06-10-2010 10:42 PM

Hey luv, what time line do they give you for pay back on that grant? (If you know)

Do they charge interest?
Posted via Mobile Device

LetsSignRussell 06-10-2010 10:43 PM

drinking 946 mL of chocolate milk

luv 06-10-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6813603)
I've been looking at a few local schools, (metro and bellevue) but I'm really looking at upper iowa. My dad went there via correspondence and he recommends it highly. Believe it or not, I'm a helluva cook so I'm kinda looking at some culinary schools as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

I say go for it. If you can do it and keep your family afloat.....DO IT!

luv 06-10-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6813611)
Hey luv, what time line do they give you for pay back on that grant? (If you know)

Do they charge interest?
Posted via Mobile Device

You don't pay back grants.

I didn't qualify for any. I make too much and I have no dependents. If you take out any loans (I took out the max $20k), repayment starts six months after you leave school.

I can't remember the interest rate on the loan. I'll have to dig through my paperwork.

Tribal Warfare 06-11-2010 12:42 AM

I like making shit up

Gonzo 06-11-2010 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6813623)
You don't pay back grants.

I didn't qualify for any. I make too much and I have no dependents. If you take out any loans (I took out the max $20k), repayment starts six months after you leave school.

I can't remember the interest rate on the loan. I'll have to dig through my paperwork.

Hence the word "grant" huh?

Duh.

Well, I'm meeting with the state next week, I'll ask them for the paperwork.
Posted via Mobile Device

CHENZ A! 06-11-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 6813536)
And this employee gets paid to take a 30+ minute dump? I need that job.

Yeah but what can I do? Force him to use sick time? I mean I guess I could, but I just don't really want to talk to him about it.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCUnited 06-11-2010 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 6814072)
Yeah but what can I do? Force him to use sick time? I mean I guess I could, but I just don't really want to talk to him about it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Had a guy like that. Fortunately, he was straight up and told that every time he eats he has to take a serious shit. I was like, preciate the info brah. Guy had a shit diet, but didn't feel it was my place to coach that.

CHENZ A! 06-11-2010 09:23 AM

I also have an employee(female) who is a very nice person, and a good worker. She has never heard of Nelson Mandela, does not clean her ears with qtips, does not drink water because it tastes bad, etc. I am constantly amazed at some of the questions she asks on a daily basis.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCUnited 06-11-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 6814096)
I also have an employee(female) who is a very nice person, and a good worker. She has never heard of Nelson Mandela, does not clean her ears with qtips, does not drink water because it tastes bad, etc. I am constantly amazed at some of the questions she asks on a daily basis.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ha, chick next to me last week was explaining her enchilada recipe to me and said she uses 'Kanye' pepper to give it the heat. I was like you probably shouldn't be anywhere near open flames and sharp objects.

CHENZ A! 06-11-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 6814086)
Had a guy like that. Fortunately, he was straight up and told that every time he eats he has to take a serious shit. I was like, preciate the info brah. Guy had a shit diet, but didn't feel it was my place to coach that.

Yep, people around here eat nothing but junk, and drink pop and eat sweets. Then they say eww gross when I bring a salad with a couple hard boiled eggs, or eat some cottage cheese.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo 06-11-2010 09:58 AM

You all haven't got shit on some of my former employees...

I had a guy that worked for me who was a super nice dude. There was a serious issue with hygiene, however. He only bathed about once every 3 weeks. He had horrible acne as well, (I'm sure both issues were caused by one another.)
It was the middle of summer and my employees worked outside. Finally we all had enough and I actually had to pull him aside and write up a disciplinary action form on him that included hygiene instructions. He told me that due to plumbing issues, he couldn't utilize his shower. I had to arrange an account with the local truck stop for him to use their facilities every other day.
I think the final straw was when he picked a huge white-head on his cheek and commenced to eating the excretion.
(My other employees were having lunch at the time, btw)

You wouldn't believe how many times I had to have the "hygiene talk" with some of my employees. Corporate actually had to put instructions in the management guidelines handbook three years ago. People are definitely strange.
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367 06-11-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6814183)
You all haven't got shit on some of my former employees...

I had a guy that worked for me who was a super nice dude. There was a serious issue with hygiene, however. He only bathed about once every 3 weeks. He had horrible acne as well, (I'm sure both issues were caused by one another.)
It was the middle of summer and my employees worked outside. Finally we all had enough and I actually had to pull him aside and write up a disciplinary action form on him that included hygiene instructions. He told me that due to plumbing issues, he couldn't utilize his shower. I had to arrange an account with the local truck stop for him to use their facilities every other day.
I think the final straw was when he picked a huge white-head on his cheek and commenced to eating the excretion.
(My other employees were having lunch at the time, btw)

You wouldn't believe how many times I had to have the "hygiene talk" with some of my employees. Corporate actually had to put instructions in the management guidelines handbook three years ago. People are definitely strange.
Posted via Mobile Device

Please tell me where you work, so I can avoid it. And I hope to God it's not a restaurant, LOL.

Gonzo 06-11-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 6814233)
Please tell me where you work, so I can avoid it. And I hope to God it's not a restaurant, LOL.

Don't work there anymore but you don't have to worry about it. He moved to Arizona.
Posted via Mobile Device

raybec 4 06-11-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6814485)
Don't work there anymore but you don't have to worry about it. He moved to Arizona.
Posted via Mobile Device

Does he look Mexican? Maybe his nasty ass will get deported!

LaChapelle 06-13-2010 12:47 PM

I never realized what a racket mulch is. Not only do you have to keep putting on new layers because the shit decomposes. Because it decomposes it's the perfect medium for tree seeds to sprout in. But you can spray some shit on there to stop that.

Then there is the color change. You have to get enough to cover the old for the new color. Dark brown, light brown, red. Red, WTF.

Any day now there will be some results of some test done on lab rats that the dye used in mulch causes breast cancer. Then you'll have to call in a HAZMAT team to clear the old mulch out for the new non-toxic shit that costs three as much. AND COMES IN PINK!

I say **** it. Some weeds are edible or make a decent wine

KCUnited 06-13-2010 01:02 PM

The other Thoracic thread got me thinking. When I was a kid I like to catch bugs and I was into metal. I dreamed of one day having a band and calling it Thorax.

MoreLemonPledge 06-13-2010 01:10 PM

The other Thoracic thread got me thinking. When I was a kid I like to catch bugs and I was into metal. I dreamed of one day having a band and calling it Thorax.

KurtCobain 06-13-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 6818000)

Mine was gonna be the "Sand Paper Tampons".

Hammock Parties 06-13-2010 08:55 PM

My award winning pickup line for the evening, field tested and hot-bitch approved:

Quote:

let's have anal sex on the back of your motorcycle
Fortune favors the bold.

RedNFeisty 06-14-2010 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6819043)
My award winning pickup line for the evening, field tested and hot-bitch approved:

Fortune favors the bold.

Hot damn, I would on the back of a motorcycle!!

Buck 06-14-2010 03:29 AM

Thats weird, I accidentally the back of a motor cycle this very evening.

RedNFeisty 06-14-2010 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6819485)
Thats weird, I accidentally the back of a motor cycle this very evening.

Then maybe you had about half as much fun as I did this evening!!:D

Hammock Parties 06-14-2010 08:09 AM

Welp, guess I won't be interviewing with THIS company.

Quote:

(3) Fashion Designers that inspire you. Why they are important to the industry and a past, current, and
future collection you admire. Please provide (1) image of from each collection and why they inspire you.

Foot Notes. (3) Shoe styles you can’t live without. Describe where the look originated from, a public figure
that has been spotted in a similar style, and why the style is so sensational to your closet. Provide (1)
image of each shoe style.

Color Block. Please list (1) color that every “Stylista” should have in their polish bag this summer and (1)
this fall. Reference your source. Also, please tell us who is the high priest of “the color spectrum,” and
why they are important to every designer when creating future collections.

Beauty. (3) Cosmetic products or lines that deserve recognition and why. Describe their origins (i.e. what
country, etc.) PLEASE exclude these product lines: M.A.C., Sephora, Lancome, or any obvious National
brand. We are looking for up and coming products that have not hit mainstream in the United States yet.

Fashion Dictionary. List (5) words that describe your personal style. Please organize these beginning with
“5” being the most defining, to “1” being the most neutral. Last, please name (3) fabrics that are
sensational to a “Stylista’s” summer 2010 wardrobe, and 3 fabrics we should look for this fall.

Bane 06-14-2010 10:56 AM

I just got pulled over by a Mo state highway patrol officer,and after I told him that I had a firearm in the vehicle he cuffed me and put me in his cruiser while he and 4 other officers searched my truck...You know I try to have lots of respect for them and all but they treated me like shit and acted as if I was a fukkn terrorist.I didn't even get a ticket.He pulled me over because I just barely crossed the yellow line while messing with my radio!Fukkn punk!That is all.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo 06-14-2010 03:34 PM

Around the Horn has got to be the worst ****ing piece of shit show on television. Why espn keeps that abortion on the air is beyond me.
I'd rather watch queer eye reruns while finger-banging the worm infested corpse of Bea Arthur than sit through that crap. Everyone talks over one-another and the host is a ****ing douchebag.

That is all.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 06-16-2010 08:23 PM

English comedies = PUSSY

Quote:

I'm fastforwarding you, because of the Fawlty Towers Reference.

I'm more of a texter, I'm very hateful of my voicemail, but here's my number: xxx-xxx-xxxxx

Mr. Flopnuts 06-16-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bane_58 (Post 6819876)
I just got pulled over by a Mo state highway patrol officer,and after I told him that I had a firearm in the vehicle he cuffed me and put me in his cruiser while he and 4 other officers searched my truck...You know I try to have lots of respect for them and all but they treated me like shit and acted as if I was a fukkn terrorist.I didn't even get a ticket.He pulled me over because I just barely crossed the yellow line while messing with my radio!Fukkn punk!That is all.
Posted via Mobile Device

Do him a favor and file a formal complaint with the appropriate agency. Mandatory 4 hour sensitivity training, and frankly it sounds like he could use it.

JOhn 06-16-2010 08:42 PM

I know this is nothing new, but it just pisses me off to no end.

But I wanna puke every time I hear that justice is blind, or Justice for all.

Bullshit, for all that can pay. It's all about the money and has nothing to do about punishment/rehabilitation or anything else but $$$$

Hammock Parties 06-16-2010 09:19 PM

Ahahaha, what is this girl up to?

Quote:

how open minded or liberal are you?

Lumpy 06-16-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6826376)
Ahahaha, what is this girl up to?

She wants to know if you munch carpet.

Hammock Parties 06-16-2010 09:22 PM

LOL

Quote:

i have an entirely homosexual evening planned saturday

Mr. Flopnuts 06-16-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOhn (Post 6826312)

Bullshit, for all that can pay. It's all about the money and has nothing to do about punishment/rehabilitation or anything else but $$$$

:clap:

JOhn 06-16-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6826383)
:clap:

It's sad that it's true.........

I used to believe in the justice system, then had my own first serious run in with the courts, that has now become about nothing more than a case about $$, not the crime ....:shake:

It really makes me doubt a lot of what I have always thought to be true. I know there are good cops/judges ect, but by far they are in the minority or eventually fall victim to the system just like the people caught up in it for "crimes"

Mr. Flopnuts 06-16-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOhn (Post 6826393)

I used to believe in the justice system, then had my own first serious run in with the courts, that has now become about nothing more than a case about $$, not the crime ....:shake:

It really makes me doubt a lot of what I have always thought to be true. I know there are good cops/judges ect, but by far they are in the minority or eventually fall victim to the system just like the people caught up in it for "crimes"

Yeah, it's sad, but it's true. Life is not equal, therefore justice isn't either. If you have money, you can buy your way out of most things. If not, you'll never make any money because that criminal background will prevent you from ever getting a decent job.

Our capitalistic society is structured in a sophisticated way to disguise what it really is. The Indian caste system that's been going on for centuries. Sure, you can escape the caste you're born into, unlike the Indian caste system, but it's incredibly difficult and nowhere near "equal".

The land of 2nd chances is one of those cliche sayings people use and it's just a big joke.

luv 06-16-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOhn (Post 6826312)

One of the first things I got told in my legal classes is....

"One of the first things you'll learn when you're out in the field is that justice is not always fair."

Hammock Parties 06-16-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6826433)

"One of the first things you'll learn when you're out in the field is that justice is not always fair."

OH SO NOW YER AN EXPERT HUHUHH LOLOLOL

Mr. Flopnuts 06-16-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6826433)

LMAO Let's take a look at the definition of the word justice. "The quality of being just or fair."

But by all means, justice isn't always fair. We're such an idiotic species.

luv 06-16-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6826444)
LMAO Let's take a look at the definition of the word justice. "The quality of being just or fair."

But by all means, justice isn't always fair. We're such an idiotic species.

Yep. It's gotten to a point of lawyers caring more about winning their cases than finding the truth.

Mr. Flopnuts 06-16-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6826449)
Yep. It's gotten to a point of lawyers caring more about winning their cases than finding the truth.

Which is because they want more money. So justice really is about money. It's disgusting to me, but say la vee.

JOhn 06-16-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6826455)
Which is because they want more money. So justice really is about money. It's disgusting to me, but say la vee.

Whats Ironic about my situation is that it's supposed to be designed to specifically take the "money or Status" a person has out of the equation...ROFL

But yea as you said it is hard once you get branded a certain way. Luckily, at least in my case, my employer based his hiring and promotions on me, not what some BS cop/court said.

JOhn 06-16-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6826418)
Yeah, it's sad, but it's true. Life is not equal, therefore justice isn't either. If you have money, you can buy your way out of most things. ............................................................................................

The land of 2nd chances is one of those cliche sayings people use and it's just a big joke.

:clap::clap:

BIG K 06-16-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOhn (Post 6826393)

Not all of us cops get caught up in that. But, I do understand what your saying. In my twelve years as a Sheriff, I had to do two stints as a bailiff. I was shocked by the fact that Johnny Methhead was given chance after chance, and all the resources availible to him to rehabilitate his problem, while it seemed that honest, good hearted americans who worked hard, were punished severely for making a mistake.

It left me bewildered at our system....

JOhn 06-16-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 6826543)
Not all of us cops get caught up in that. But, I do understand what your saying. In my twelve years as a Sheriff, I had to do two stints as a bailiff. I was shocked by the fact that Johnny Methhead was given chance after chance, and all the resources availible to him to rehabilitate his problem, while it seemed that honest, good hearted americans who worked hard, were punished severely for making a mistake.

It left me bewildered at our system....

Don't take me wrong, there are great cops/judges/lawyers out there ( yea even lawyers..LOL).
I worked as a Paramedic for 13+ years, and 10+ as a Sheriffs Dispatcher also, and got to work with a lot of great officers, but unfortunately way to many that were very judgmental for no reason at all.

But yea I 100% agree with the last part of your statement is so very true. This is exactly what happened in my case. I was 41 years old, NEVER had anything but a traffic violation, and got royally screwed. I've seen literlaly dozens of others with extensive records get convicted of the same crime as I did and get a slap. But because they were younger or had more money or the right family name or even the right "wrong background", they get away with it

luv 06-16-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOhn (Post 6826569)
Don't take me wrong, there are great cops/judges/lawyers out there ( yea even lawyers..LOL).
I worked as a Paramedic for 13+ years, and 10+ as a Sheriffs Dispatcher also, and got to work with a lot of great officers, but unfortunately way to many that were very judgmental for no reason at all.

But yea I 100% agree with the last part of your statement is so very true. This is exactly what happened in my case. I was 41 years old, NEVER had anything but a traffic violation, and got royally screwed. I've seen literlaly dozens of others with extensive records get convicted of the same crime as I did and get a slap. But because they were younger or had more money or the right family name or even the right "wrong background", they get away with it

You're posting from prison?

JOhn 06-16-2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6826590)
You're posting from prison?

uhhhh no. :spock:

And no never been to prison, though the prosecutor wanted me to go. I did get a 3-5 year sentence, with credit for 4 1/2 months served in the county jail & the rest suspended for 5 years probation.

MoreLemonPledge 06-16-2010 11:15 PM

I just tried masturbating with a frog. Now my junk is purple and oozing. Any suggestions?

JOhn 06-16-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 6826605)
I just tried masturbating with a frog. Now my junk is purple and oozing. Any suggestions?

Lighter fluid:D

BIG K 06-17-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOhn (Post 6826569)
but unfortunately way to many that were very judgmental for no reason at all.

I made it a pretty good habit to leave work at work. I never carried the job home with me. Prolly why I am still pretty healthy.....

JOhn 06-17-2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 6826683)
I made it a pretty good habit to leave work at work. I never carried the job home with me. Prolly why I am still pretty healthy.....

Maybe I'm just getting older & more cynical, but it seems that this was something that most law enforcement used to be able to do. But the newer generation seems not to be able to do this. maybe it's just the nature of our society or maybe that the 'crimes" ect are different now. Or then again maybe it is just because I'm getting older.

But I know what you mean about leaving work at work. That is part of the reason I retired from EMS and public safety work, because it did get to the point were it was harder and harder to do that.

Jilly 06-17-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 6826683)

what's that like? granted it's not law enforcement, but I'm a big failure at leaving work at work.

KurtCobain 06-17-2010 12:51 PM

I want pink-striped socks for my very own.

Jilly 06-17-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 6827569)
I want pink-striped socks for my very own.

I have purple ones...but I'd rather have pink.