ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports *** Official Youth, High School, College and International Wrestling Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268908)

Sorter 02-21-2017 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12747442)
Btw, my bro ended up losing the finals match 7-4. Had a couple opportunities...didn't capitalize. Great season...hopefully another good one next year.

Sorry about your brother's loss. Hope he gets a medal at Fargo to make up for it this summer!

Valiant 02-21-2017 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 12749487)
AND STALEY WINS STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(MO)

Great program they transfered to Staley. My friends son wrestled some varsity for them this year as a freshman. High-school sports there is a machine.

They also won that Chicago invite only tournament this year.

rico 02-22-2017 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 12751483)
Sorry about your brother's loss. Hope he gets a medal at Fargo to make up for it this summer!

Hope so too and thanks man.

Side note: have you heard about the Rocky Lombardi vs. Wyatt Wriedt fiasco from the 220 lb. finals at Iowa's state finals last Saturday? The call(s) were so bad that the ref is apparently receiving threats to himself and his family. He straight up robbed Lombardi of that title...stole it from him...it was bad.

Lombardi is getting a full ride to play QB at Michigan State. The way he conducted himself after the match is probably the best display of sportsmanship I've ever seen. Wriedt on the other hand was totally in Rocky's face in his celebration. I don't know if I've ever seen anything quite like this.

It's on the front page of Flo, last I knew...I'll see if YouTube has anything.

rico 02-22-2017 11:24 AM

Check this out...it's just nuts.

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/...m#.WK3JJDxOKEc

rico 03-10-2017 07:51 PM

Any of you guys interested in joining an NCAA wrestling pool? I'm thinking about creating one on wrestlestat.com...

rico 03-10-2017 08:10 PM

If you guys want to join, I believe this link will get you there:

http://www.wrestlestat.com/tourneypool/group/431

You will probably have to register for an account...after registering, it will say that you have to check your email to confirm, but you don't have to... just go to the "tourney pool hub" and you should see a list of the groups. Click on the "Chiefs Planet Wrestling Pool" group. The password is: Charles25$

Rock and roll!!!

KcAllDayCHIEFS 03-11-2017 09:12 AM

Wrestling is Awesome! I have 2 sons who wrestle. We live in Allen, Tx
My oldest son is a senior. Last year he placed 4th in state. This year he placed 2nd. Lost a very close match 6-4. Tuff lost specially as a senior. He's a 3× District champion 2× Regional champion. He's thinking about wrestling in college. He'll start freestyle and greco practice this Monday. He has been to Fargo 2 years ago last year he didn't want to go this year he does. He started to wrestle as a freshman. So I'm very proud of him for what he has accomplished in a short time. Going up against kids who have been wrestling since they were 5 or 6 years old. Allen high school is the best wrestling high school in the state of Texas. 8× state tournament champions 9× dual state champions. All in a row. Awsome coach.
As for my lil boy he is 8. This is his rookie year. He's a fast leaner. He went 3-2 at his state tournament. He will also wrestle freestyle and greco, his choice. Don't want to burn him out but he wants to wrestle he told me he don't want to play any other sport. He's a really good baseball player. Now I start all over with him. Very emotional for us wrestling parents.

KcAllDayCHIEFS 03-11-2017 09:29 AM

We see Kendall Cross a lot. He does private workouts. Good guy

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-11-2017 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcAllDayCHIEFS (Post 12779024)
My oldest son is a senior. Last year he placed 4th in state. This year he placed 2nd. Lost a very close match 6-4. Tuff lost specially as a senior. He's a 3× District champion 2× Regional champion. He's thinking about wrestling in college. He'll start freestyle and greco practice this Monday. He has been to Fargo 2 years ago last year he didn't want to go this year he does. He started to wrestle as a freshman. So I'm very proud of him for what he has accomplished in a short time. Going up against kids who have been wrestling since they were 5 or 6 years old. Allen high school is the best wrestling high school in the state of Texas. 8× state tournament champions 9× dual state champions. All in a row. Awsome coach.
As for my lil boy he is 8. This is his rookie year. He's a fast leaner. He went 3-2 at his state tournament. He will also wrestle freestyle and greco, his choice. Don't want to burn him out but he wants to wrestle he told me he don't want to play any other sport. He's a really good baseball player. Now I start all over with him. Very emotional for us wrestling parents.

I follow their program a little bit since they are the only national power that Texas has. Great program. Glad to hear your son is gonna wrestle FS/Greco. I think Texas could have a decent showing at Junior/Cadet Duals and Fargo this year.

rico 03-11-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcAllDayCHIEFS (Post 12779024)

Right on! I've seen some really, realllly good Texas wrestlers over the years. My 19 year old brother wrestles NAIA in college and one of his best friends on the team is from Houston.

Looks like we were pretty close to being in the same boat with how your kid and my brother did at state. My youngest brother got 6th as a Freshman, 5th as a Sophomore and 2nd a few weeks ago at state. Even similar scores...he got beat 7-4 by a kid who is wrestling for Iowa next year. He said the finals experience was overwhelming, but a learning experience for him. And he is still growing a lot...will probably jump another 2-3 weights next year. He has jumped 2-3 weights every year. He is wanting to go D1... I think by next year, he will be at that level. Hoping to have a good Fargo showing this year...this runner-up finish really lit a candle under his butt.

I know what you mean by the emotional roller coaster and starting over. My parents had me (34) and the second oldest brother (32) who was a 3 time finalist/1 time champ, Folkstyle national runner-up and a Fargo AA in Freestyle. Then 12 years later, out of nowhere, they had the 19 and 17 year olds...so it was like right when we finished, it was time for those two to begin. It's been fun!

Good luck to your sons! He wanting to do Fargo this year? Sounds like he is doing great, especially since he began as a Freshman! Imagine how good your youngest will be when he hits the HS/Cadet/Junior scene!!
Be

rico 03-11-2017 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcAllDayCHIEFS (Post 12779044)
We see Kendall Cross a lot. He does private workouts. Good guy

I've heard he is pretty cool from friends of mine who have met him or gone to his clinics.

I think it was his match where he beat Terry Brands that prompted the "you get what you earn" quote from Terry that has been receiving a lot of buzz on Twitter lately...from that "Terry" documentary on flowrestling.com.

KcAllDayCHIEFS 03-11-2017 04:42 PM

Yea it's been fun the last 4 years. Freshman year was tuff. He won like 3 matches. After that the light turned on. He wrestled at 120# last year and this year. We talked to Arizona State. See what happens.

rico 03-11-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcAllDayCHIEFS (Post 12779501)
Yea it's been fun the last 4 years. Freshman year was tuff. He won like 3 matches. After that the light turned on. He wrestled at 120# last year and this year. We talked to Arizona State. See what happens.

Arizona State...nice. Keeping up with the Valencia's has been cool. They are amazing.

rico 03-14-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12778638)
If you guys want to join, I believe this link will get you there:

http://www.wrestlestat.com/tourneypool/group/431

You will probably have to register for an account...after registering, it will say that you have to check your email to confirm, but you don't have to... just go to the "tourney pool hub" and you should see a list of the groups. Click on the "Chiefs Planet Wrestling Pool" group. The password is: Charles25$

Rock and roll!!!

Bumping this... we've got 5 in... have until Thursday, I believe.

KChiefs1 03-14-2017 05:29 PM

*** Official Youth, High School, College and International Wrestling Thread ***

https://twitter.com/mizzounetwork/st...80343233060864

http://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/a...ers-division-i

http://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/a..._tw_sf62095867

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk