ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs waived Stanford routt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266198)

mcaj22 11-05-2012 09:11 PM

the move to cut Routt actually shows that Pioli might get to stay, not that he's gone.

He gets to play his guys now. Arenas, Brown, etc. He had to convince Clark that he flushed 6 million down the drain of Clarks money on Routt and to show that he wants to right the ship, cut Routt as an example.

Cutting Routt shows nothing of Pioli being gone. If Pioli's gone what does he care if Routt stays or not. Same way with Haley. Haley didnt give a shit if it was Palko, Cassel or Orton starting. He was gone. Pioli's middle finger would have been to keep playing Routt.

Sorter 11-05-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 9088559)
Bill Maas ‏@BillMaas

The 3-4 defense is based on zone coverages, everyone in NFL knew Routt struggles in Zone, forced us to play man 2 man alot more.

That is ****ing bullshit.

DaneMcCloud 11-05-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9088659)
the move to cut Routt actually shows that Pioli might get to stay, not that he's gone.

He gets to play his guys now. Arenas, Brown, etc. He had to convince Clark that he flushed 6 million down the drain of Clarks money on Routt and to show that he wants to right the ship, cut Routt as an example.

Cutting Routt shows nothing of Pioli being gone. If Pioli's gone what does he care if Routt stays or not. Same way with Haley. Haley didnt give a shit if it was Palko, Cassel or Orton starting. He was gone. Pioli's middle finger would have been to keep playing Routt.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 11-05-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9088652)
Why would Clark give a guy the permission to cut one of his highest paid employers?

Why would Clark have to give permission?

Pioli runs the team and he's running it into the ground.

T-post Tom 11-05-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9088697)
That is ****ing bullshit.

I know, right? Maas doesn't know chit about how an NFL defense works.

T-post Tom 11-05-2012 09:23 PM

Someone wake up the webmaster: http://sroutt26.com/about/biography

dirk digler 11-05-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9088645)
Here's the deal for me:

I don't give a flying shit that Routt was cut.

He was garbage. Pioli made a reactionary move after the loss of Carr and in typical Pioli fashion, made the wrong move.

The move to cut him, in and of itself, shows that Pioli is truly scared for his job and wants to appear like a rational guy to possible future employers.

He's a goner and he knows it. Now, we do, too.

I hope you are right

T-post Tom 11-05-2012 09:26 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if Gunther is watering at the mouth & Routt ends up in the Motor City.

tredadda 11-05-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9088645)
Here's the deal for me:

I don't give a flying shit that Routt was cut.

He was garbage. Pioli made a reactionary move after the loss of Carr and in typical Pioli fashion, made the wrong move.

The move to cut him, in and of itself, shows that Pioli is truly scared for his job and wants to appear like a rational guy to possible future employers.

He's a goner and he knows it. Now, we do, too.

Damn I hope you are right. This whole situation just screams of utter incompetence.

Sorter 11-05-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 9088722)
I know, right? Maas doesn't know chit about how an NFL defense works.

To say that a front, a 3-4 specifically is based primarily on zone, is stupid. Especially when it says in Nick Saban's, and Belichick's playbooks that they will play zone on early downs and tight, press man on passing downs. Seriously. If you look at Saban's playbook from LSU or Bama, that is one of the first ****ing things you'll read. That is just 1 philosophy. It differs significantly from the philosophies of Dick Labeau, Capers, and other defenses primarily using a 3-4 front. Not all are the same.

Romeo's philosophy is identical to Saban's and Belichick's. If you watch those 3 teams play, typically, you will see zone (either a cover 2 or 3 look) and then press man on 3rd down.

For example, the Ravens, like us, run a 2-gap. They however, have a fire-zone based philosophy. Meaning that typically, on 1st,2nd, and 3rd down, you'll see variations of cover 2,3, and 6, with various fire-zones added.

For someone to say that the 3-4 is "based on zone coverage" is ignorant and extremely broad. Does that mean that the 4-3 is "based on man coverage". LMAOLMAO

Sorter 11-05-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 9088739)
Wouldn't be surprised if Gunther is watering at the mouth & Routt ends up in the Motor City.

They do need help at the position.

T-post Tom 11-05-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9088764)
To say that a front, a 3-4 specifically is based primarily on zone, is stupid. Especially when it says in Nick Saban's, and Belichick's playbooks that they will play zone on early downs and tight, press man on passing downs. Seriously. If you look at Saban's playbook from LSU or Bama, that is one of the first ****ing things you'll read. That is just 1 philosophy. It differs significantly from the philosophies of Dick Labeau, Capers, and other defenses primarily using a 3-4 front. Not all are the same.

Romeo's philosophy is identical to Saban's and Belichick's. If you watch those 3 teams play, typically, you will see zone (either a cover 2 or 3 look) and then press man on 3rd down.

For example, the Ravens, like us, run a 2-gap. They however, have a fire-zone based philosophy. Meaning that typically, on 1st,2nd, and 3rd down, you'll see variations of cover 2,3, and 6, with various fire-zones added.

For someone to say that the 3-4 is "based on zone coverage" is ignorant and extremely broad. Does that mean that the 4-3 is "based on man coverage". LMAOLMAO

I think you and Bill should settle this over a pint.

Sorter 11-05-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 9088784)
I think you and Bill should settle this over a pint.

I'd love to. Pints + football philosophy discussions are always good.

Unless they involve Elway. **** that guy.

Titty Meat 11-05-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9088707)
Why would Clark have to give permission?

Pioli runs the team and he's running it into the ground.

I would think the owner would intervene if he's already made his decision that the GM won't be back next season.

ChiefRocka 11-05-2012 09:56 PM

Is Pioli truly in the know?? You know about the whole world ending in December.