ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The CW: New Green Arrow TV Show ( with new actor) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259671)

kccrow 03-28-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12149231)
I honestly don't understand why they insist on continuing the past story on the side. At this point the present is enough story.

I, honestly, don't mind the asides. I find them to be kinda cool. The thing is, those asides need to lead to some kinda "ah ha" moments related to the current issues. While there is almost always a link eventually, you can get lost in a few episodes waiting for it it seems. I wish they'd shorten that up a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 12150613)
The problem with "Arrow" is that ultimately Green Arrow isn't that interesting of a character. He's Bruce Wayne with a bow. In the early comics his weaponry was Green Lantern level buffoonery (GL would make a giant green fist, GA would have a "boxing arrow"). In the later comics his dislike for Superman mirrored Batman's. The TV show has basically been Batmanized and they're running out of places to take it.

The chicks are ****ing hot, though.

I don't think they're running out of places to take it, its just they are dwelling on one issue for an incredibly long time at this point. There are no meaninigful "side quests" to break up the delay in bringing down Dahrk. I want it to be hard, but its been some time on this one with nothing else remotely entertaining enough to make it feel like it isn't dragging on.

The whole Felicity issue is kinda ****ed up. I mean this whole "boo hoo, you lied to me" bit is childish. They need to sew that up quick and move on with the show. Add in the fact that not having Felicity with Oliver is ****ed up and having her on the team without them together is equally ****ed up at this point. They need to fix the relationship, and get to something exciting. I don't want to watch year 57 of Dallas.

Sure-Oz 03-29-2016 05:10 AM

Still thought it was hilarious when Felicity was dumping Oliver and was able to stand and then slowly creeped out the door. Lol..hilarious scene... So awkward. But yes...she's acting stupid now

kccrow 04-01-2016 05:07 PM

How lame did you guys find this past episode? Bee robots? Kill em with the high pitched annoyance... Nothing relevant to anything that's been going on really happened. Felicity is still being a bitch.

The asides to the past gave us a marginal clue about the history with the totem and where Darhk gets his powers though. Like I said, it always eventually ties in.

Sure-Oz 04-05-2016 09:17 PM

This hashtag is all over Twitter.... #NoLaurelNoArrow

They really gonna kill her off now?

Sure-Oz 04-05-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12159681)
How lame did you guys find this past episode? Bee robots? Kill em with the high pitched annoyance... Nothing relevant to anything that's been going on really happened. Felicity is still being a bitch.

The asides to the past gave us a marginal clue about the history with the totem and where Darhk gets his powers though. Like I said, it always eventually ties in.

I'm over Felicity... I'm really hoping they don't kill Laurel off...I actually liked seeing more of her in the bee episode

007 04-06-2016 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12165908)
This hashtag is all over Twitter.... #NoLaurelNoArrow

They really gonna kill her off now?

I haven't heard this at all. Where is this coming from? Was there a preview I missed?

keg in kc 04-06-2016 09:53 AM

Potential paparazzi-generated spoiler.

Supposedly we find out whoever it is in the grave tonight.

Possibly not-related, Katie Cassidy is appearing in the penultimate Flash episode this season as an Earth-2 version of Laurel.

Sure-Oz 04-06-2016 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12166065)
I haven't heard this at all. Where is this coming from? Was there a preview I missed?

Can't find any legit article other than director mentioning this episode will make fans cry or get upset ...the actres cassidy is favoriting tweets @ her with this hashtag. Don't know what it means but Twitter seems lit that it's her going and how they have ****ed with her character alot...which I agree

Also anger how the show keeps going downhill due to Olicity bs

Sure-Oz 04-06-2016 10:37 AM

http://tvline.com/2016/04/05/arrow-s...rave-spoilers/

Exec talking about...doesn't say specifics

cookster50 04-06-2016 04:12 PM

I quit watching it this year. Season 1 was great, ever since then, it's gotten dumber and dumber(sorry comic fans, if it floats your boat, good for you, just not my thing). And Laurel always irritated me, so good if those rumors are true.

Sure-Oz 04-06-2016 07:35 PM

Holy shit they did it...last 2 episodes they used her up and did it. I'm kind've pissed actually

keg in kc 04-06-2016 07:37 PM

It's a play. Oliver dosed her with something. She asked him for something, the production switched the shot to outside the window so we can't hear what it is and then suddenly she's dying. I'm not sure what exactly the point is. Felt like a classic misdirect. I think Oliver had to oversell his reaction, especially to her dad, presumably so that they can pull off whatever scheme it is and convince everyone she's gone.

Sure-Oz 04-06-2016 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12167013)
It's a play. Oliver dosed her with something. She asked him for something, the production switched the shot to outside the window so we can't hear what it is and then suddenly she's dying. I'm not sure what exactly the point is. Felt like a classic misdirect. I think Oliver had to oversell his reaction, especially to her dad, presumably so that they can pull off whatever scheme it is and convince everyone she's gone.

I rewatched it and it def has to be that...no doubt. Katie Cassidy says she's not a series regular now in an ew interview. I have a feeling she will be back but who knows when. They def did more with her the last 2 eps than they have recent seasons besides working her up to BC. I'm hoping if she does return the show is better at that point.

keg in kc 04-06-2016 07:53 PM

Although after reading some articles with Guggenheim and Cassidy it sounds like she really is dead.

If that's the case, there was some bad post-production there at the end.

Anyway, I never particularly liked the character so I'm not all that upset. Always wished Sara had stayed instead of her.

Sure-Oz 04-06-2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12167039)
Although after reading some articles with Guggenheim and Cassidy it sounds like she really is dead.

If that's the case, there was some bad post-production there at the end.

Anyway, I never particularly liked the character so I'm not all that upset. Always wished Sara had stayed instead of her.

She is no longer a regular but that scene is very strange. I'm still iffy...maybe down the road she comes back idk. They didn't treat BC well at all though