ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Chris Pratt Lands GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Lead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269732)

Buns 08-30-2014 09:29 PM

Anyone else think that GotG is going to get a Best Picture nod? Movies that are that enjoyable and praised tend to. Would be big deal for the comic book/sci-fi genre.

I think if Gravity got one, Guardians definitely should.

ILChief 08-30-2014 09:31 PM

Saw it today. It was awesome. I had never heard of any of these characters before this movie came out

Bowser 08-30-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virtua Chief (Post 10865366)
Anyone else think that GotG is going to get a Best Picture nod? Movies that are that enjoyable and praised tend to. Would be big deal for the comic book/sci-fi genre.

Lol, not a chance in hell. The Academy is WAY too high brow for comic book movies.

Buns 08-31-2014 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10865468)
Lol, not a chance in hell. The Academy is WAY too high brow for comic book movies.

We'll see...

Valiant 08-31-2014 03:39 AM

Quote:

No, maybe CGI or special effects.

Best picture either has to be an acclaimed drama or some shit indy film that was in 35 theatres that no one saw to win.

Aries Walker 08-31-2014 08:40 AM

It not just that there's no chance that a superhero movie gets a Best Picture nomination, it's that there's no chance that a summer popcorn movie gets a Best Picture nomination. I won't say there's zero chance, because they nominate ten or so movies now, most of which have no chance, but it would be a massive surprise.

Best Picture nominations tend to come out near the end of the year, but if there's anything out right now that has the inside track, it's probably Boyhood.

DaveNull 08-31-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

No.

Deberg_1990 09-01-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10866038)
It not just that there's no chance that a superhero movie gets a Best Picture nomination, it's that there's no chance that a summer popcorn movie gets a Best Picture nomination. I won't say there's zero chance, because they nominate ten or so movies now, most of which have no chance, but it would be a massive surprise.

Best Picture nominations tend to come out near the end of the year, but if there's anything out right now that has the inside track, it's probably Boyhood.

Since they opened it up to 10 nominees, there are now usually 2 movies or so that were considered "mainstream commercial" hits that get nominated.

Im gonna say no though. This was a little to light hearted to be taken seriously. My guess is that Interstaller is a big hit and gets a nod.

thabear04 09-01-2014 01:57 PM

They have a cereal of Guardians of the Galaxy.

beach tribe 09-01-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10847429)
I can't imagine permanently. How many characters have actually died in Marvel? 1? 2? Though I do think Marvel needs to get a few more stories out before introducing the fact that nobody ever dies.

This has been posted before.
But I like the explanation of how the death of superman killed comic book deaths toward the end.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/0PlwDbSYicM?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/0PlwDbSYicM?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

sd4chiefs 09-01-2014 04:09 PM

Transformers: Age of Extinction

Domestic Total as of Sep. 1, 2014: $244,431,000

I guess we can look forward to another peace of crap Tranformers movie in a couple of years.

Anyong Bluth 09-01-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4chiefs (Post 10871066)
Transformers: Age of Extinction

Domestic Total as of Sep. 1, 2014: $244,431,000

I guess we can look forward to another peace of crap Tranformers movie in a couple of years.

It's already slated for 5 more. 4 is part 1 of 2nd trilogy, and then some sort of shift to the 3rd trilogy. Bay is overseeing it still, he's just not directing the next one at least, but hasn't ruled out coming back to direct one again.

I'd guess that if he did it'd be the 1st or last film of the 3rd trilogy?

Valiant 09-02-2014 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10870923)
This has been posted before.
But I like the explanation of how the death of superman killed comic book deaths toward the end.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/0PlwDbSYicM?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/0PlwDbSYicM?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

It has been a while since I saw this. So funny. Love all the internet celebs playing the superheroes.

Anyong Bluth 09-02-2014 09:32 PM

Original renderings of Drax's look when Momoa was slated to play him before dropping out of the film, only to be replaced by Bautista, and a very different look for his Drax in the film.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/03/3ytahepa.jpg

Bowser 09-02-2014 09:35 PM

I know Bautista caught some flack for his portrayal, but I enjoyed the way he played Drax. And physically he really pulled off looking like Drax.