ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Sign Anthony Hitchens (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314386)

Megatron96 12-02-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13822734)
God I hope you are wrong. Why would Andy want to work with a D-coach/coord that needed Reid's oversight on everything?
Andy isn't a defensive mind. Andy can not bring one...single...thing to that side of the ball. Nothing. I'm sure he can get in the way; of that I have no doubt. But aren't we trying to WIN here???

Probably completely incorrect.

After all, he is one of the best offensive minded coaches ever in the NFL. And how would you, or could you, do that without knowing how to manipulate and take advantage of the defense?

Answer: you couldn't. It would be necessary to have an intimate understanding of defensive schemes, situational play-calling, etc. to be able to consistently exploit weaknesses in NFL defenses, period.

The fact of the matter is that he probably knows more about defenses, what their inherent strengths and weaknesses are and so forth, than most of the DCs that are currently employed in the NFL.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-02-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14630794)

After all, he is one of the best offensive minded coaches ever in the NFL. And how would you, or could you, do that without knowing how to manipulate and take advantage of the defense?

Answer: you couldn't. It would be necessary to have an intimate understanding of defensive schemes, situational play-calling, etc. to be able to consistently exploit weaknesses in NFL defenses, period.

The fact of the matter is that he probably knows more about defenses, what their inherent strengths and weaknesses are and so forth, than most of the DCs that are currently employed in the NFL.

Agreed totally !

Chiefspants 12-02-2019 06:37 PM

He reminds me of DJ pre Todd Haley. He tends to run around blocks rather than take them on head on (from my uneducated eye, anyway). It was telling yesterday when that Oakland fullback had to run towards Hitchens for contact rather than Hitchens running to him.

Say what you will about the Todd Haley experience, but he got something from DJ and Bowe that no coach was able to do before him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-03-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14630794)

All you've mentioned are generalities that EVERY HC from the offensive side of the fence should be bringing to the table overall.

And that bolded part? OMG and **** me. If that were the case, Reid would be the most unbeatable, unstoppable OC/HC in the history of the league. He'd need a ****ing walk-in vault to store all of his rings and hardware.

Nope.
Nope.
Nope-ity nope.

Sofa King 10-19-2021 08:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ooooooofffffffffff

srvy 10-19-2021 08:55 PM

Ouch

Bl00dyBizkitz 10-19-2021 09:04 PM

Our LB's suck.

I pray to god either Bolton or Gay pans out well.

493rd 10-19-2021 09:26 PM

“A big weapon” Rapaport called this signing. Right.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10-19-2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 15904210)
Our LB's suck.

I pray to god either Bolton or Gay pans out well.

Bolton leads all rookies in tackles

Cheater5 10-20-2021 05:01 AM

He turrible.

scho63 10-20-2021 05:03 AM

He did us a favor getting hurt

Rainbarrel 10-20-2021 05:45 AM

The scheme and/or talent cliff monster attacks the defense again.

bobhill 10-20-2021 06:15 AM

Why is everyone complaining about hitch? He will be gone next year

Lzen 10-20-2021 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobhill (Post 15904411)
Why is everyone complaining about hitch? He will be gone next year

Uhh......because he's not gone already? :hmmm: