ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-10-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9391430)
...and let us continue that discussion till every Chief fan wants him in Red and Gold

Hear-hear! I dont think ive evar been this excited about a draft...or at least this hopeful...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 02-10-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9393014)
History shows that first round quarterbacks win Super Bowls. Well, here is one likely available for no draft picks. He would normally never be on the market, except he lost his job due to injury. This is the best shot any team has had in years to get a franchise quarterback for pennies on the dollar.

That's what you're getting with the new CBA and being able to pick the best QB available...

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-10-2013 11:14 PM

i guess it IS possible to be a player with a useless true fan brain....
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-10-2013 11:15 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-10-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9391867)
If it's not a QB, it doesn't matter. If they get some retread backup from another team to start, then Reid is just a fatter, burned out version of Marty.

cmon man! All you need is martyball..len dawson..and foghat jammin on the fox/dumbassed 90s-lovin true fan
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-10-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9391977)
So, if Reid passes (pure speculation but its been proffered more than once lately), do you feel that makes him a "failure", as its been proclaimed by others?

it certanly takes him out of the "worth two ****s" category in life...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-10-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

History shows that first round quarterbacks win Super Bowls. Well, here is one likely available for no draft picks. He would normally never be on the market, except he lost his job due to injury. This is the best shot any team has had in years to get a franchise quarterback for pennies on the dollar.

go shove pennies up yor ass you ****ing coalition trolltard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 02-10-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

http://www.waterart.org/images/noodle%20dip2jpg.jpg
http://letmejustsayit.files.wordpres...oodle-arms.jpg

the Talking Can 02-11-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9389320)
Alex Smith is a good QB. Geno Smith may never be a good QB.

you're such a true fan pussy....

basically, you're the model for a true fan pussy...and you're not even a chiefs fan which is more pathetic by a factor of a 1000

RyFo18 02-11-2013 08:38 PM

As this whole draft process goes on I think Star Lotulelei will probably establish himself as the best prospect in the draft. And I won't minimize the impact he'd have as a 3-4 DE that can actually get at the passer. He would make things so much easier for Hali/Houston which in turn makes things so much easier for the secondary.

HotCarl 02-11-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9395091)
As this whole draft process goes on I think Star Lotulelei will probably establish himself as the best prospect in the draft. And I won't minimize the impact he'd have as a 3-4 DE that can actually get at the passer. He would make things so much easier for Hali/Houston which in turn makes things so much easier for the secondary.

Careful, the brain trust says Star ruined his draft stock because of the senior bowl. It hurts some players more than others I guess

RealSNR 02-11-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9395091)

Uhh what? Explain how Star Lotulelei would fit in a 1-gap scheme. He doesn't shoot for penetration. He collapses blocks. THat's what he does best. He wouldn't help our pass rush with shit.

RyFo18 02-11-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9395142)
Uhh what? Explain how Star Lotulelei would fit in a 1-gap scheme. He doesn't shoot for penetration. He collapses blocks. THat's what he does best. He wouldn't help our pass rush with shit.

From what I've seen, Star is very solid in taking up space. As far as a pass rusher, he needs some work on his pass rushing moves, but he has the ability to collapse the pocket with his strong bull rush. QBs won't be able to step up to avoid sacks from the outside rushers. When I look at Jackson/Dorsey, they're decent at holding blocks and taking up space, but they don't have the strength to push blockers backwards on a regular basis. Star can do that.

All told, I think he can develop into a player like Haloti Ngata.

SAUTO 02-11-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

he is gong to get paid more than luck, Newton, and Griffin.

That's not Pennies on the dollar
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 02-11-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9395199)
From what I've seen, Star is very solid in taking up space. As far as a pass rusher, he needs some work on his pass rushing moves, but he has the ability to collapse the pocket with his strong bull rush. QBs won't be able to step up to avoid sacks from the outside rushers. When I look at Jackson/Dorsey, they're decent at holding blocks and taking up space, but they don't have the strength to push blockers backwards on a regular basis. Star can do that.

All told, I think he can develop into a player like Haloti Ngata.

Dude's sounding more Tyson Jacksony the more people talk about him.

THat's EXACTLY how people described Tyson Jackson coming into the pros.

I don't want players who "need to work on" the thing that we need them to do. Star will be no more effective than Glenn Dorsey on this defensive line.

**** him.