ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269316)

whoman69 09-28-2013 08:13 PM

Top of the 9th now, no runs scored. Phils still up 5-1.

BigRedChief 09-28-2013 08:17 PM

I understand todays lineup. So many what if's and you take the NDLS as the only series. Rest your players etc.

How can they phone in the game tomorrow with HFA on the line?

Frazod 09-28-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10027652)
I understand todays lineup. So many what if's and you take the NDLS as the only series. Rest your players etc.

How can they phone in the game tomorrow with HFA on the line?

Well, it is the Cubs.....

BigRedChief 09-28-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10027655)
Well, it is the Cubs.....

Those ****ers have already won too many games against us this year.:mad:

BigRedChief 09-28-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10027620)
Come on, you filthy, battery-chucking scumbags. I want no part of the Dodgers in the first round.

To expect us to beat Kershaw 4 times in a year is unrealistic.

I want no part of those Dodgers either. I'll take the Pirates/Reds winner.

Frazod 09-28-2013 08:25 PM

One down.

Frazod 09-28-2013 08:34 PM

Upton just hit a 3-run homer :cuss:

Frazod 09-28-2013 08:35 PM

Phillies still have a 1 run lead.

Tying run on 1st now.

I hope Papelbon dies of ass cancer.

Frazod 09-28-2013 08:40 PM

Winning run walked to first by Crapelbon.

Frazod 09-28-2013 08:43 PM

PHILLIES WIN!

Barely.

BigRedChief 09-28-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10027729)
PHILLIES WIN!

Barely.

Control our own HFA destiny.:clap:

Hamas what do you think of this team now? We won the division. One game away from HFA. Matheny has to get some credi

Not trying to rub your nose in past statements or anything like that. Just wondering what your stat knowledge says about our chances in the playoffs.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-28-2013 09:01 PM

The Cardinals being the best regular season team doesn't make them the best playoff team. Teams w/ frontloaded rotations have a distinct advantage.

In a sample size this small, it's a lot of luck. Maybe a 30% chance of winning the pennant? Missing Craig is really going to hurt. We have no RH bats.

And Matheny is still a god awful terrible manager.

BigRedChief 09-28-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10027754)
And Matheny is still a god awful terrible manager.

Dude come on, I feel ya on his bullpen moves but, they lost Carpenter, Motte, Kozma as a SS, got 20 rookies to contribute. Larussa wouldn't even have allowed them on the team. We won the division and will be at least tied for the best record in the NL.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10027754)
The Cardinals being the best regular season team doesn't make them the best playoff team. Teams w/ frontloaded rotations have a distinct advantage.

Since we have HFA at least through the NLDS, Waino and Miller at Busch's #'s are top shelf are they not?

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-28-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10027845)
Dude come on, I feel ya on his bullpen moves but, they lost Carpenter, Motte, Kozma as a SS, got 20 rookies to contribute. Larussa wouldn't even have allowed them on the team. We won the division and will be at least tied for the best record in the NL.
Since we have HFA at least through the NLDS, Waino and Miller at Busch's #'s are top shelf are they not?

Mike Matheny didn't build that farm system--Luhnow and Mozeliak did. If he would have taken Mujica out after he shat his pants for the first half of September or never put Boggs in the bizarre Royals rain delay game then HFA is already wrapped up.

Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl. Ron Washington took two teams to the World Series. Dusty Baker took one.

Matheny is an absolute goddamned moron. He's a really nice guy, but he tries to hard to get his players meaningless accomplishments, like wins, and he sticks with ineffective players (Kozma, Mujica, Boggs) far too long.

Regarding HFA: We beat Halladay and Lee on the road, so anything can happen, good or bad. The sample size is too small to make predictions with any degree of confidence.

whoman69 09-29-2013 07:37 AM

HFA is going to be big for this. We avoid the Dodgers and their front loaded rotation that could be huge in a five game series. I think a Dodgers/Braves series goes five. If we can finish off the wild card in 4 or less we set up our pitching for round 2.