ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

Mr. Plow 05-13-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9678697)
I hope he goes to FSU.

Anywhere but UK.

teedubya 05-13-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9678697)
I hope he goes to FSU.

I HOPE he comes to KU... would be happy if he goes to FSU. He will PROBABLY go to UK. ****er.

Bambi 05-13-2013 11:48 AM

Anyone have ESPN Insider?

Greg Rosenstein @grosenstein

Seven ESPN recruiting analysts gave predictions for Andrew Wiggins. All have him picking either FSU or Kansas. http://insider.espn.go.com/college-s...wiggins-choose

Mr_Tomahawk 05-13-2013 11:51 AM

Meh...other than Ben, we haven't had that great of a history with one-and-dones. I would like our players to stick around a couple of years at minimum. Xavier and Josh never lived up to the hype.

I hope he goes to FSU and keep the family tradition going...

Oh, and **** UK!

Prison Bitch 05-13-2013 12:30 PM

How did X fail to live up to the hype?

Bambi 05-13-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9678742)
Meh...other than Ben, we haven't had that great of a history with one-and-dones. I would like our players to stick around a couple of years at minimum. Xavier and Josh never lived up to the hype.

Oh, and **** UK!

Tomahawk, I like you but this is a crazy post. Having Wiggins would propel this team to a national contender. I'm not sure they are now.

KU Basketball is the only team I have that I expect to win every year. They are the one part of my life where I don't have patience for "rebuilding". I get enough of that with Weis, Royals and the ****ing Chefs.

Mr. Laz 05-13-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9678742)

Oh, and **** UK!

Big men are different, Self uses them. :thumb:

KC_Connection 05-13-2013 03:23 PM

Henry was great. He was probably a better overall player than McLemore for KU's 2010 team when you include his defense (although he obviously had far less offensive responsibility).

Prison Bitch 05-13-2013 04:03 PM

X was good but he wasn't as good as Ben, no way.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-13-2013 04:09 PM

@GoodmanCBS: I'm changing my prediction for Andrew Wiggins' destination from FSU to Kansas. No "inside info", just a hunch based on talking to people.

DaWolf 05-13-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9677821)
JayhawkSlant ‏@JayhawkSlant 31m
Andrew Wiggins will sign with the school of his choice on Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. Shay #kubball

If there are hats involved, KU is out...

KC_Connection 05-13-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9679259)
X was good but he wasn't as good as Ben, no way.

Neither could create their own offense worth a damn for KU, both were very efficient shooters from the perimeter, and Henry was a better defender overall.

Very similar players in their college careers, but McLemore has more potential to grow in the pros than Henry did.

Saul Good 05-13-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9679364)
Neither could create their own offense worth a damn for KU, both were very efficient shooters from the perimeter, and Henry was a better defender overall.

Very similar players in their college careers, but McLemore has more potential to grow in the pros than Henry did.

McLemore isn't even a year younger than Henry. It's not like Ben is some kid who is still growing into his body as a 19 year old rookie to be.

saphojunkie 05-13-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9679278)
If there are hats involved, KU is out...

No hats. Private announcement with one reporter allowed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9678735)
Anyone have ESPN Insider?

Greg Rosenstein @grosenstein

Seven ESPN recruiting analysts gave predictions for Andrew Wiggins. All have him picking either FSU or Kansas. http://insider.espn.go.com/college-s...wiggins-choose

TELEP -FSU

PAUL BIANCARDI - Once Wiggins reclassified to the Class of 2013, his recruitment went from intense to crazy. Yet because of how silent he's been on the topic, it's been a high-profile but quiet recruiting race for the nation's No. 1 prospect. It's been well-documented that Wiggins' parents are Florida State alumni, and Hamilton has created a great relationship with the Wiggins family. But the longer Wiggins' recruitment has gone on, the more it has allowed the bluebloods of college basketball to gain ground on early favorite Florida State. He is a superstar in the world of high school basketball but has a reserved personality and wants to fit in with a group of players to win a championship. With the departure of Ben McLemore to the NBA and his older brother Nick Wiggins playing in the state of Kansas at Wichita State, the Jayhawks have solid footing in the race. Also consider how much Wiggins enjoyed his official visit to Lawrence, and it looks good for the Jayhawks. My prediction: Andrew Wiggins will call Kansas home for the 2013-14 season.

ADAM FINKELSTEIN - FSU

REGGIE RANKIN: I am going to stay with my previous prediction of Kansas. Bill Self will have a young but very talented team next season, and Wiggins could be the marquee player from day one. Plus, the recent success of McLemore, who is projected as a top-five pick in the upcoming NBA draft, has to be attractive and a great selling point. At Kansas, Wiggins could have one of the biggest stages in college basketball to himself for probably his only season on campus. Wiggins would provide the Jayhawks with elite athleticism that could put him in position to be not only Big 12 Rookie of the Year but Player of the Year as well. Wiggins is a special talent who will transition easily into major college basketball.

JOEL FRANCISCO -FSU

JOHN STOVALL - Just a gut feeling, but I think Kansas. The Jayhawks have made some nice inroads throughout the entire process. This one is almost too close to call, though. Florida State and North Carolina are right there, and Kentucky may not be totally out yet.

MIKE LAPLANTE - FSU

saphojunkie 05-13-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9679381)
McLemore isn't even a year younger than Henry. It's not like Ben is some kid who is still growing into his body as a 19 year old rookie to be.

Dude there are many, many ways a player can grow other than just in physical dimensions.