ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

htismaqe 02-27-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9445583)
Arrowhead Pride‏@ArrowheadPride

Good point by Matt Conner: Chiefs go to see every QB at Combine, then turn around and trade for Smith. What's that say about those QBs?

Can't wait until Geno and Barkley both go top 10.

Then we can ask this question appropriately.

Because it's not about what it says about the QBs. It's 100% about what it says about the ****ing losers at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

Fish 02-27-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntexascardfan (Post 9445571)
We had arguably the worse QB play in the league last season
QB Rating: 63.8 (31st)
Yards: 2,713 (32nd)
TD's: 8 (32nd)
INT's: 20 (31st)

If Smith can get us to even mediocre we will see a huge improvement.

KC Chiefs. Mediocrity forever!

Marvin49 02-27-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9445585)
No way the 49ers gave away Smith just for a 2nd round swap and a conditional next year.

I dunno.

I'm just saying I see a bunch of peeps here saying its a swap but every outlet I've read has it straight up.

Jerm 02-27-2013 12:49 PM

@JACKHARRYKSHB Everybody wanted QB and now we have one. 2nd rd pick. Why not?
Alex Smith will help Chiefs more than some lineman taken in second rd this yr

Shit like this is why we're the Chiefs....

Oh and Athan's stupid ass still believes we're trading for Foles to be Smith's backup and successor...L-O-L....

beer bacon 02-27-2013 12:49 PM

The Chiefs have drafted two QBs this millennium, a 3rd rounder and a 5th rounder. I don't know why people believe this is just to buy us time until we can just find that really great 1st round QB we want to draft. The Chiefs don't do that. This is what we do. We trade for mediocre, aging QBs. We don't draft QBs. We don't develop QBs.

pr_capone 02-27-2013 12:49 PM

The Chiefs just sent me a renewal request again. My reply.

---

I had come to terms with Alex Smith coming to KC when the rumors started floating around last week. A guy who could show the new kid the ropes... especially since all the experts were saying he would go for a 3rd round pick. Solid backup who could teach the new kid a thing or two.

Now that it is "official", there are new rumors floating around that we paid (2) 2nd round picks for a guy, and made a strong commitment to a guy, who has been benched for super stars like Shaun Hill, David Carr, & JT O'Sullivan.

Here is a set of interesting stats.

Matt Cassel - 58.9 completion %, 13,495 yards, 82 TD, 57 INT, 24 Fumbles, 80.4 Passer Rating

Alex Smith - 59.3 completion %, 14,280 yards, 81 TD, 63 INT, 36 Fumbles, 79.1 Passer Rating

--------------

If the Chiefs gave up 2 2nds for Alex Smith and have already crowned him as the starter... I will most assuredly not be renewing. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me a 8th time (Huard, Croyle, Thigpen, Cassel, Orton, Palko, Quinn, now Smith) and shame on me.

We shall see what KC does in the draft. It will be the club's last chance to re-earn my trust as a fan. No QB in the first 2 rounds means that I will not renew and will likely not return to Arrowhead stadium until this FO has the testicular fortitude needed to draft a QB of the future as opposed to scrounging through everyone's trash pile as they have done every year since Todd Blackledge busted.

It seems like this franchise learned nothing from the SOC fan revolt last season and that disappoints me greatly.

BoneKrusher 02-27-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9444526)
Chiefs soon to anounce the hiring of Paul Hackett for the Chuck n Duck offense.

fixed your post.

Dayze 02-27-2013 12:51 PM

I just p osted the Chies backup QB banner thing; and the 1st Round QB Super Bowl picture thing on my facebook for all my idiot 'friends'.

Chiefs Pantalones 02-27-2013 12:52 PM

@evansilva: Mr @NFLosophy makes great point. Not only did #49ers rob #Chiefs for 2 premium picks in Smith deal, SF cleared $8.5 million off 2013 books.

Laughing stocks, we are.

tooge 02-27-2013 12:53 PM

The details of this trade are too fishy to be true as reported unless there is some other circumstances that we are unaware of. There is simply NO WAY the chiefs gave up a pick which is as good as a late round first plus a second. NO WAY.

Also, whats with the timing of this? The season doesn't even start for two weeks, so nothing can be official, so why leak this news? Perhaps to up the trade value of the chiefs number one pick?

Add to the above, the fact that the chiefs still won't have a reliable or developmental QB on the roster, and the fact that Dorsey likes to pick QB's, and everything stinks about this.

I'm wondering if the chiefs all ready have a trade partner for their number one, that gives them an extra second rounder. Either that, or the trade that actually occurs will be drastically different than what has been reported.

There simply is no reason to report this now. I'm holding out being pissed for a while.

Lzen 02-27-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon (Post 9445443)
The point is their coach decided after that loss that they needed a new QB to win a Super Bowl, so he went out and drafted one.

Wasn't Kapernick a 2nd year player? :hmmm:

Mr_Tomahawk 02-27-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9445611)

Oh and Athan's stupid ass still believes we're trading for Foles to be Smith's backup and successor...L-O-L....

Link?

This is all I have left to hang on to...even if it is coming from Athan.

Dave Lane 02-27-2013 12:54 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu...fvwxo1_500.gif

B14ckmon 02-27-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9445640)
The details of this trade are too fishy to be true as reported unless there is some other circumstances that we are unaware of. There is simply NO WAY the chiefs gave up a pick which is as good as a late round first plus a second. NO WAY.

Also, whats with the timing of this? The season doesn't even start for two weeks, so nothing can be official, so why leak this news? Perhaps to up the trade value of the chiefs number one pick?

Add to the above, the fact that the chiefs still won't have a reliable or developmental QB on the roster, and the fact that Dorsey likes to pick QB's, and everything stinks about this.

I'm wondering if the chiefs all ready have a trade partner for their number one, that gives them an extra second rounder. Either that, or the trade that actually occurs will be drastically different than what has been reported.

There simply is no reason to report this now. I'm holding out being pissed for a while.

LOL

Marvin49 02-27-2013 12:55 PM

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami
The 2014 pick moves from a 3rd rounder to 2nd rounder if Chiefs win a certain number of games, NFL source confirms