ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ******* Mayweather vs Pacquiao ******* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292293)

Baby Lee 05-06-2015 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11477732)

Messi asks Bayern 'how my ass taste.'

The second goal in particular is pure majesty

http://screamer.deadspin.com/lionel-.../+billyhaisley

Mr. Laz 05-15-2015 02:07 PM

I don't know if this mean shits. I don't really care about boxing so i don't really care about this.

So whomever cares:

New Evidence Proves That Mayweather Cheated To Win Against Pacquiao

On May 2, 2015, the biggest fight in perhaps all of combat sports went down at the MGM Grand. Manny Pacquiao squared off against Floyd “Money” Mayweather in the hopes of handing the reigning champ his first loss ever. This monumental fight broke all kinds of records, pulling in over $500 million from ticket sales and PPV buys. Both Pacquiao and Mayweather went the distance, exchanging blows for all 12 rounds. As most boxing and fight fans know, Floyd Mayweather won by unanimous decision. However, breaking news has revealed that there seems to be something quite sketchy going on behind the scenes…

continued with graphics etc: http://cubbydaily.com/5/

BigCatDaddy 05-15-2015 04:06 PM

:facepalm:

Hootie 05-15-2015 05:14 PM

cubbydaily.com eh

lmao lmao only Mr. Laz

kcxiv 05-15-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11481487)
It's the same in MMA...I've grown to really enjoy BJJ and I can appreciate the intricacies and amount of strategy involved with it.

I love it when two high level grapplers match up and it turns into a ground war with strikes mixed in...a lot of casuals HATE IT though and just want blood or highlight reel KOs.

People hate Floyd's style but I enjoy it honestly and think he's a boxing genius...after all the point is to not get hit and he does it better than anyone. People just forget that....

Any half ass boxing fan has to respect floyds athletic ability. Its top tier no doubt, but its still not fun for 90 percent of people that watch boxing. I respect his ability and he does it better then anyone, but thats where it stops. I want to see some blows. its boxing after all. Ill watch a replay of fighters like Floyd, Whittaker, and lara, but you wont catch me dropping money to watch that shit.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-16-2015 09:14 PM

Did anyone else see the GGG-Monroe fight?

GGG got him out in the sixth, but he showed some real vulnerabilities, especially in the pocket. Monroe was able to stand toe to toe with him and avoid a lot of his punches and tag him pretty consistently.

If he fights a guy who isn't feather-fisted, his propensity to cut and those defensive shortcomings might really get exposed.

KC native 05-16-2015 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11504386)
Did anyone else see the GGG-Monroe fight?

GGG got him out in the sixth, but he showed some real vulnerabilities, especially in the pocket. Monroe was able to stand toe to toe with him and avoid a lot of his punches and tag him pretty consistently.

If he fights a guy who isn't feather-fisted, his propensity to cut and those defensive shortcomings might really get exposed.

Canelo is going to pick Golovkin apart.

kcxiv 05-17-2015 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11504494)
Canelo is going to pick Golovkin apart.

It will be a good one, but as Kirkland seen, Canelo can hit back with some serious power behind his fists too. GGG as good as i think he is, hasnt really been tested, but thats because he needs competition. Fighters arent going to fight him if there is no money there. That should happen soon though. GGG is doing it right by saying California and L.A is is home and him saying he fights "Mexican Style" lol He's got quite the following of mexicans! we all know Mexican fans are a big part of boxing.

Now, some top fighter give his ass a chance already!

Bufkin 05-17-2015 06:05 AM

Okay, so now that this stupid fight is over with, can we go back to boxing being an irrelevant/dying sport that has minimal interest and is like watching flies ****?

No surprise whatsoever that KC Native follows boxing. What a trainwreck of a "sport".

jjjayb 05-17-2015 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11504550)
Okay, so now that this stupid fight is over with, can we go back to boxing being an irrelevant/dying sport that has minimal interest and is like watching flies ****?

No surprise whatsoever that KC Native follows boxing. What a trainwreck of a "sport".

Boxing isn't even close to dying. Mayweather fights may be boring as hell to watch, but if you actually watched boxing you'd realize how wrong you are. Last nights fights were fantastic. The main card as well as the undercards.

Lord knows I've seen my share of boring MMA fights. I wouldn't think to judge the whole sport based on those fights.

KC native 05-17-2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11504547)
It will be a good one, but as Kirkland seen, Canelo can hit back with some serious power behind his fists too. GGG as good as i think he is, hasnt really been tested, but thats because he needs competition. Fighters arent going to fight him if there is no money there. That should happen soon though. GGG is doing it right by saying California and L.A is is home and him saying he fights "Mexican Style" lol He's got quite the following of mexicans! we all know Mexican fans are a big part of boxing.

Now, some top fighter give his ass a chance already!

If GGG doesn't lose whenever he fights next, I think we get Canelo vs. GGG for Cinco de Mayo weekend next year.

Canelo will probably fight Cotto in September. Although there is a chance that Canelo could get Mayweather again if Mayweather wants to go for another big payday. Which could potentially push GGG vs. Canelo back to September of next year.

KC native 05-17-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11504550)

Shitty troll is shitty.

Anyong Bluth 05-18-2015 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11501414)
I don't know if this mean shits. I don't really care about boxing so i don't really care about this.

So whomever cares:

New Evidence Proves That Mayweather Cheated To Win Against Pacquiao

On May 2, 2015, the biggest fight in perhaps all of combat sports went down at the MGM Grand. Manny Pacquiao squared off against Floyd “Money” Mayweather in the hopes of handing the reigning champ his first loss ever. This monumental fight broke all kinds of records, pulling in over $500 million from ticket sales and PPV buys. Both Pacquiao and Mayweather went the distance, exchanging blows for all 12 rounds. As most boxing and fight fans know, Floyd Mayweather won by unanimous decision. However, breaking news has revealed that there seems to be something quite sketchy going on behind the scenes…

continued with graphics etc: http://cubbydaily.com/5/

Much ado about nothing.
Though curious that all 3 judges managed to flip-flop the fighters when scoring the card.

There's just no way to watch that fight and think Manny won. There's also just no way to watch that fight and not think you're the real loser for having sat through that overhyped abortion of a match.