ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Chris Pratt Lands GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Lead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269732)

Aries Walker 08-16-2014 04:02 PM

Really? He had box office cred when he had fifth billing in a Rodney Dangerfield movie? Or maybe it was the sidekick role in Tuff Turf that really had Hollywood buzzing.

Baby Lee 08-16-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10823435)
Really? He had box office cred when he had fifth billing in a Rodney Dangerfield movie? Or maybe it was the sidekick role in Tuff Turf that really had Hollywood buzzing.

Within a couple of years he had starring roles in Less Than Zero, Chances Are, Air America. He was 19 for Tuff Turf and 19-20 for Back to School, barely old enough to be IN SCHOOL.

Deberg_1990 08-16-2014 05:03 PM

What i read about Downey was his wife worked for bigwig action producer Joel Silver and got him into "mainstream" movie roles again after he cleaned up.

Before he was clean, he mainly worked in offbeat roles. no mainstream stuff. He was very rarely a lead in a big budget mainstream flick. Now, hes basically the opposite of that. Especially once Ironman hit.

Anyong Bluth 08-16-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10823549)
What i read about Downey was his wife worked for bigwig action producer Joel Silver and got him into "mainstream" movie roles again after he cleaned up.

Before he was clean, he mainly worked in offbeat roles. no mainstream stuff. He was very rarely a lead in a big budget mainstream flick. Now, hes basically the opposite of that. Especially once Ironman hit.

One of my favorite flicks of his is a tiny indie he did called Two Girls and a Guy. Another favorite was the first decent sized movie he did after cleaning up Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.

ThaVirus 08-16-2014 05:47 PM

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was really good.

I was watching Weird Science the other day and had no clue he was in that.

Deberg_1990 08-16-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10823589)
One of my favorite flicks of his is a tiny indie he did called Two Girls and a Guy. Another favorite was the first decent sized movie he did after cleaning up Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.

KKBB, was awesome.

That was actually a Joel Silver produced movie. And yes, it was basically his comeback movie , even though it flopped. But it got him back in the game.

Baby Lee 08-16-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10823669)

AMH flipping his hair back after the slushy bomb has always cracked me up

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GvZLaCfU4PA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyong Bluth 08-16-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10823669)

I've probably watched Weird Science over 100 times in the course of my life since I was a kid.

Anyong Bluth 08-16-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10823700)
KKBB, was awesome.

That was actually a Joel Silver produced movie. And yes, it was basically his comeback movie , even though it flopped. But it got him back in the game.

Box Office flop or not it's a superb movie, and even though it got solid reviews they didn't do anything to promote the movie and basically released it on what was then annually a junk opening weekend slot.

Baby Lee 08-16-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10824157)
Box Office flop or not it's a superb movie, and even though it got solid reviews they didn't do anything to promote the movie and basically released it on what was then annually a junk opening weekend slot.

Yeah, I'd characterize it as a quiet cult hit. Very few detractors, just a lot of people who don't know anything about it.

Kind of a movie version of Arrested Development or Firefly.

Anyong Bluth 08-16-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10824176)
Yeah, I'd characterize it as a quiet cult hit. Very few detractors, just a lot of people who don't know anything about it.

Kind of a movie version of Arrested Development or Firefly.

Good call. I'd venture to guess it's made more since home release than it ever did at the cinema.

In58men 08-16-2014 09:49 PM

I thought the movie was pretty good myself and I'm not into Sci-Fy type shit. I can say for those who want to see it, you will not be disappointed.

*why would a run my finger across his throat* ������

Valiant 08-17-2014 08:29 AM

I know I am late even though I saw the movie. Did not know Amy Pond was Nebula. Holy cow..

007 08-19-2014 01:26 AM

Just saw it today. The kids loved it but I didn't think it was the best Marvel movie like others have said. It was good but just not great for me.

Valiant 08-19-2014 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10831304)
Just saw it today. The kids loved it but I didn't think it was the best Marvel movie like others have said. It was good but just not great for me.

You should go rewatch it then.

I am guessing you are just more partial to the other characters..