ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

B14ckmon 02-25-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9437235)
Saved for further use

Thank you. Was hoping someone would do it.

WildTurkey 02-25-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9437198)
He should be.

Geno continues to prove him, and several of us, right every time he steps up to the plate.

This.

Sorter 02-25-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9437186)
Last year, in the SEC championship game, in which Wilson had Hamilton, Wright, Childs, and Adams, he was 14/22 for 207 yds 1TD/1INT.

Where's your excuse now, RunKC?

RunKC 02-25-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9437305)
Where's your excuse now, RunKC?

Not a bad game against the nation's best defense that season.

64% completion percentage, 6/13 on 3rd down.

Sorter 02-25-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9437328)
Not a bad game against the nation's best defense that season.

64% completion percentage, 6/13 on 3rd down.

http://www.pleated-jeans.com/wp-cont...ugh-addict.gif

tooge 02-25-2013 04:56 PM

There can't really be this many dumbasses out there. If so, I fear for our future. Let's state a few facts, then use deductive reasoning.

1. The chiefs don't have a QB that has any hope of taking them deep in the playoffs.
2. The chiefs have a top 10 left tackle that they can keep if they choose.
3. The consensus bpa in this draft is a left tackle.
4. There is a reasonable chance any player selected in the top round of this draft, or most drafts, could bust
5. With the cba, there is no more risk taking one plater over another since the money is slotted.
6. Geno Smith solidified himself as a first round QB in this draft.

All the above is indisputable. If you don't follow the above and end up with the chiefs selecting Geno , u are not a very good thinker

Nightfyre 02-25-2013 04:58 PM

yet here we are. 4,500+ posts into the second iteration of this thread, all because of trolls.

B14ckmon 02-25-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9437436)
yet here we are. 4,500+ posts into the second iteration of this thread, all because of trolls.

Disagreeing with a hive-mind opinion, is not trolling.

duncan_idaho 02-25-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9437431)
There can't really be this many dumbasses out there. If so, I fear for our future. Let's state a few facts, then use deductive reasoning.

1. The chiefs don't have a QB that has any hope of taking them deep in the playoffs.
2. The chiefs have a top 10 left tackle that they can keep if they choose.
3. The consensus bpa in this draft is a left tackle.
4. There is a reasonable chance any player selected in the top round of this draft, or most drafts, could bust
5. With the cba, there is no more risk taking one plater over another since the money is slotted.
6. Geno Smith solidified himself as a first round QB in this draft.

All the above is indisputable. If you don't follow the above and end up with the chiefs selecting Geno , u are not a very good thinker

Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes!

Nightfyre 02-25-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9437439)
Disagreeing with a hive-mind opinion, is not trolling.

Your use of commas is trolling.

B14ckmon 02-25-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9437444)
Your use of commas is trolling.

Commas can be used to offset expression.

RunKC 02-25-2013 05:12 PM

I'm not sure if anyone else watched the same Geno Smith I did?

He said he was the same guy all year, but I don't buy that for a second. When things didn't go his way, he got frustrated and became immature. He was by himself on the sideline against KSU punching tarps and throwing a fit.

He snapped at a reporter and called his question "stupid". Whether it's a stupid question or not, you don't disrespect them. That's where negative stereotypes come from.

Add in the fact that he was an immature asshole throwing Texas signs to Longhorn recruits of all people, just to taunt them.

His team went into a downward spiral and he had streaks of average-at-best games on the offensive side of the ball in the 2nd half of the season.

I don't see why people are buying into his leadership and consistency? He's got a nice arm, and very good accuracy, plus he's mobile, but as of now, I'm as soured on him as I was before.

I wanted him to standout this week and show he is worthy of going 1st overall, not maintain the status quo of "first round worthy but not sure if he's even worth a top 10 pick at all."

Nightfyre 02-25-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9437463)

I wanted him to standout this week and show he is worthy of going 1st overall, not maintain the status quo of "first round worthy but not sure if he's even worth a top 10 pick at all."

so what did he have to do to "standout this week and show he is worth of going 1st overall," in your mind?

There wasn't anything you had access to which should be able to sway your opinion on him. He threw in shorts, which doesn't matter compared to three years of game-tape. He performed well in his measurable events. Basically, you clearly lack an understanding of the combine and its function.

RealSNR 02-25-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9437463)
I'm not sure if anyone else watched the same Geno Smith I did?

He said he was the same guy all year, but I don't buy that for a second. When things didn't go his way, he got frustrated and became immature. He was by himself on the sideline against KSU punching tarps and throwing a fit.

He threw one slap at the tarp on the sideline. ONE. In ONE game.

You say he was "punching tarpS" and "throwing a fit."

I've seen Peyton Manning and Tom Brady throw FAR more immature tirades on the sideline than anything from Geno Smith. Hell, that little argument that Cassel had with Todd Haley was way more immature than Geno's behavior during the KState game.

You're being a huge bitch about this crap. You either have some wacko narrow definition of maturity and leadership or you just hate Geno Smith for no good reason. Or both.

Someone is stretching the truth here, and THIS time it isn't the Geno fans, you silly douchebag

silver5liter 02-25-2013 05:24 PM

"@Lance_THESPOKEN: Besides the A. Smith situation, been told Geno didnt impress KC, possibly franchise tag on Bowe, Tamba & Charles being shopped. #Chiefs"

lolololol