ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

Sorter 12-02-2013 07:00 PM

Dane, no love for Mike?

mr. tegu 12-04-2013 09:37 AM

I just got through the first episode of season 4. That is so crazy that Gayle is the one that urged Gus to bring in Walt after Gus had already determined he didn't want to deal with him and Jesse.

Kingsburg#12 12-04-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10234031)
This is where I'm at with the series as well, minus the "riveted" part.

While I think this series is well acted and produced, I do not understand the massive fascination with it, the storyline, the actors, etc. The first two seasons were nothing short of painful to watch and it's not shocking in the least that it was near cancellation. In Season 3, it's became more of a standard "gangster" style of program but Walt's actions aren't anything we haven't seen before in other films and TV shows.

The story and character arcs have been predictable and unsurprising, IMO. While it's well acted, nothing is shocking to me. I almost stopped watching in Season Three but the "Cousins" kept me interested. Season Four has been better but also more predictable.

Add to that, the only "likeable" characters to me are Hank and Walt, jr. The rest are a collection of ****ups, especially Walt, whose story arc and background are somewhat weird to me, given the fact he's a brilliant chemist that chose to live the life of a teacher instead of a scientist. Skylar and her sister are completely unlikeable and Walt's love for the former is unimaginable, especially after her actions. It doesn't ring true, at all, to me.

Also, the entire series seems like a metaphor for shitty health insurance in America. You're in the teacher's union but your insurance won't cover your medical expenses? It's so ****ed up that people need to create and sell meth! You're a government agent whose policy won't cover the best therapists and treatment to your recovery? Take hundreds of thousands of dollars from your BIL who's cooking meth/gambling! It's like the overall theme of the show is that health care in the US sucks and people must do whatever necessary, even commit major crimes, in order to receive necessary health care. Blech.

While I'll watch the final few episodes of Season Four and finish the series, it truly feels like a homework assignment. I'm only watching due to the hype, not any pleasure derived from the program itself.

Sounds like you should just hang yourself

Deberg_1990 12-04-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10244092)
Dane, no love for Mike?

I love all the characters but this dude might be my favorite. Love Me sum Mike!

Im on like the 2nd or 3rd episode of season 5. Heh, I was wondering why he just sort of disappeared there the last few episodes of season 4. They were saving him for later. :)

Demonpenz 12-04-2013 11:12 PM

The reason why people don't like the wire on here is because they are white.

Deberg_1990 12-07-2013 10:33 AM

Just finished watching season 5s train heist episode. It was fun and certainly exciting, but didn't seem very believable to me. Is there anything these guys can't accomplish?

Nice shocker of an ending......

Anyong Bluth 12-07-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10254005)
Just finished watching season 5s train heist episode. It was fun and certainly exciting, but didn't seem very believable to me. Is there anything these guys can't accomplish?

Nice shocker of an ending......

Cold Fusion

notorious 12-08-2013 08:32 AM

Can't please everyone.

mr. tegu 12-11-2013 08:28 AM

I just finished season 4. I think Gus just might pull through.

Deberg_1990 12-11-2013 09:50 PM

"Now, say my name"

"Your Heisenberg"

"Your god damn right!"

Classic!

Sure-Oz 12-11-2013 09:51 PM

I miss this show

teedubya 12-11-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10269976)
"Now, say my name"

"Your Heisenberg"

"Your god damn right!"

Classic!

* "You're Heisenberg."

"You're god damn right!"

Grammar, Behhtch!!!

Sure-Oz 12-21-2013 12:24 AM

Friday, December 27th starts the Complete Breaking Bad Marathon

Gonzo 12-22-2013 09:30 AM

http://youtu.be/zIom3LSbB0I

LMAO