ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

vailpass 04-25-2011 02:53 PM

My son's xbox stopped playing discs. Website said to send it in so I did a couple weeks ago. According to their status site they recieved the unit but have not yet started to work on it. My kids don't miss it. Wonder if they always take so long to turn repairs around?

MoreLemonPledge 04-25-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7590254)
My son's xbox stopped playing discs. Website said to send it in so I did a couple weeks ago. According to their status site they recieved the unit but have not yet started to work on it. My kids don't miss it. Wonder if they always take so long to turn repairs around?

I've sent in two and I've had two friends send one in each. It's taken anywhere from 2-6 weeks.

Skyy God 04-25-2011 03:03 PM

FYI, Vanquish is on sale for $17 at Toys R Us (PS3 too).

vailpass 04-25-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 7590276)
I've sent in two and I've had two friends send one in each. It's taken anywhere from 2-6 weeks.

Wow. Both to the fact it can take 6 weeks and the fact that so many have to send them in. I've never once had a problem with the PS# or Wii. Are Xboxes known to break down more?

kcxiv 04-25-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7590360)
Wow. Both to the fact it can take 6 weeks and the fact that so many have to send them in. I've never once had a problem with the PS# or Wii. Are Xboxes known to break down more?

Yes, i am on my 3rd one from break downs, but this one seems to have lasted the longest and i have put in more time with it then the previous ones, go figure. Its the same console, at least the casing, cause i marked it and i got the same one back. lol

I expect it to go down again tho, i have it on alot, but, mines so old, it doesnt even have HDMI ports on it. lol

vailpass 04-25-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7590503)
Yes, i am on my 3rd one from break downs, but this one seems to have lasted the longest and i have put in more time with it then the previous ones, go figure. Its the same console, at least the casing, cause i marked it and i got the same one back. lol

I expect it to go down again tho, i have it on alot, but, mines so old, it doesnt even have HDMI ports on it. lol

Wow.

Demonpenz 04-25-2011 04:22 PM

yeah they broke down a crapload and it was pretty big deal. Surprised you didn't hear about it. It was an internet shitstorm. I have had 2 one of them is a fellow cp's xbox 360 they have both worked for a couple years. I expect a couple more months.

Johnny Vegas 04-25-2011 04:29 PM

I've gone through a lot. 2 of them when HDMI wasn't in the system. Ended up sayin **** it and bought the elite. The elite I had to send in after a year to receive a refurbished one then that one crapped on me in like a week so I sent that back to get another refurbished xbox. That makes my fifth one I'm on and the fact they send me refurbished xbox that crap on me in a week doesn't make me feel well turning it on everytime. My warranty at best buy is up in June for the elite. Hopefully it doesn't shit on me the day after that expires.

QuikSsurfer 04-25-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 7590286)

****in awesome game!

vailpass 04-25-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 7590506)
yeah they broke down a crapload and it was pretty big deal. Surprised you didn't hear about it. It was an internet shitstorm. I have had 2 one of them is a fellow cp's xbox 360 they have both worked for a couple years. I expect a couple more months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by badmajama (Post 7590520)
I've gone through a lot. 2 of them when HDMI wasn't in the system. Ended up sayin **** it and bought the elite. The elite I had to send in after a year to receive a refurbished one then that one crapped on me in like a week so I sent that back to get another refurbished xbox. That makes my fifth one I'm on and the fact they send me refurbished xbox that crap on me in a week doesn't make me feel well turning it on everytime. My warranty at best buy is up in June for the elite. Hopefully it doesn't shit on me the day after that expires.

:cuss:

MoreLemonPledge 04-25-2011 10:03 PM

I got the slim one the day it came out and I've had absolutely no issues with it. Quiet as hell, too.

Dunit35 04-25-2011 10:03 PM

Anybody know a JON DA DON? Friend requested me, making sure it's not a cp member.

007 04-25-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 7590286)

the voice acting was complete crap but the gameplay is fun as hell.

Skyy God 04-26-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 7590534)
****in awesome game!

I remember you touting it a while back, was just waiting for a price drop. Can't pass up a great shooter from the creator of Resident Evil.

Mr. Plow 04-26-2011 11:23 PM

http://i.imgur.com/FXUii.jpg