ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Have you ever used steroids, HGH, etc.? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274377)

loochy 07-15-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9813037)
So are the people that are opposed to people using PED's also opposed to people riding motorcycles? If not, why?

It's because of the arbitrary law thing.

To me, this is very similar to the pot vs alcohol/cigarettes debate.

Fish 07-15-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9813037)
So are the people that are opposed to people using PED's also opposed to people riding motorcycles? If not, why?

Opposing PEDs means you must oppose every other activity that involves personal risk? That's a pretty dumb hyperbola.

BigCatDaddy 07-15-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9813099)
It's because of the arbitrary law thing.

To me, this is very similar to the pot vs alcohol/cigarettes debate.

But this has been covered. I can buy a 4-6 week cycle of legal steroids on Amazon for $50 or less.

BigCatDaddy 07-15-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9813103)
Opposing PEDs means you must oppose every other activity that involves personal risk? That's a pretty dumb hyperbola.

Why? What's the difference between opposing someone who uses PED's recreationally and someone that's rides a motorcycle recreationally? Let's assume for the sake of arguement that the PED's are of the legal variety.

Marcellus 07-15-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9813106)
Why? What's the difference between opposing someone who uses PED's recreationally and someone that's rides a motorcycle recreationally? Let's assume for the sake of arguement that the PED's are of the legal variety.

Closer analogy would be riding a motorcycle without a helmet.

BigCatDaddy 07-15-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9813108)
Closer analogy would be riding a motorcycle without a helmet.

No, it's not. Helmet or not you are more likely to be injured or killed on a bike than personal auto.

One person chooses to use legal PED's for rec use because they like and enjoy them and one person rides a motorcycle because they like and enjoy it. I actually believe the motorcycle is a greater risk of healthy than PED's, but for the sake of arguement let's assume they are the same. Both legal, both higher risk of injury/death than PED free/personal auto.

Again what is the difference?

TheGuardian 07-15-2013 07:48 AM

No one can ever logically or intelligently answer why they are opposed to steroids. Ever.

loochy 07-15-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9813112)
No one can ever logically or intelligently answer why they are opposed to steroids. Ever.

Bad because someone said so, but I have no idea who that someone is.

Silock 07-15-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9813105)
But this has been covered. I can buy a 4-6 week cycle of legal steroids on Amazon for $50 or less.

Injectables or pro hormones?

BigCatDaddy 07-15-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9813114)
Bad because someone said so, but I have no idea who that someone is.

Lyle Alzado caused the big panic even though his doctor said no way that steroids caused his cancer.

BigCatDaddy 07-15-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9813115)
Injectables or pro hormones?

Not injectables, but some transdermals, prohormones, and designer steroids. Prohormones convert to steroids in the body where as the designer steroids are already active. You can get both. The DS's were just old steroids that big pharma didn't patent because they had better stuff patented already. Patrick Arnold (former Balco chemist) brought this type of stuff to the market about 10-15 years ago.

Fish 07-15-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9813106)

LOL.. why? Because it's a reeruned and pointless comparison that serves no logical purpose. We could sit here and pose the same question regarding millions of other activities that involve some sort of personal risk. But that doesn't make the individual opinions of each comparable, simply because of a risk factor.

BigCatDaddy 07-15-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9813121)
LOL.. why? Because it's a reeruned and pointless comparison that serves no logical purpose. We could sit here and pose the same question regarding millions of other activities that involve some sort of personal risk. But that doesn't make the individual opinions of each comparable, simply because of a risk factor.

So you can't tell me the difference. Thanks.

Marcellus 07-15-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9813111)
No, it's not. Helmet or not you are more likely to be injured or killed on a bike than personal auto.

One person chooses to use legal PED's for rec use because they like and enjoy them and one person rides a motorcycle because they like and enjoy it. I actually believe the motorcycle is a greater risk of healthy than PED's, but for the sake of arguement let's assume they are the same. Both legal, both higher risk of injury/death than PED free/personal auto.

Again what is the difference?

Oh I agree 100%.

What I meant was the same people who think this stuff should be illegal have no issue with people riding a motorcycle with no helmet which is inherently more dangerous.

Fish 07-15-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9813123)
So you can't tell me the difference. Thanks.

LMAO... :facepalm:

Congratulations on your personal victory in this matter. Today, you changed the world.