ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314951)

Bewbies 04-18-2018 11:55 AM

I'd not want to trade that 2 next year, having 2 picks in the 2nd round will be nice.

BryanBusby 04-18-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13521831)
I'd not want to trade that 2 next year, having 2 picks in the 2nd round will be nice.

2019 is going to be an amazing ****ing draft to fill what the Chiefs desperately need. Pass-rushers.

No ****ing way am I dumping off early 2019 picks considering we need all of that shit, badly. If they want to move up for a corner this year, hey ok whatever I guess but don't use anything more than one of the extra 3rds we already hold. **** robbing tomorrow for today.

RunKC 04-18-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

I would.

All of the best corners will be gone by pick 40, maybe late 30’s. It’s going to be just like the receivers in the 2014 draft. Pick 78 is only worth 200 points ( enough to move up to the 44th pick), so the Chiefs would have to trade multiple picks (likely 78 and 124) to move that high. We obviously can’t afford to pick only 3 times in the top 4 rounds.

Chiefs need depth and quality at corner. Replace Peters with a good player now and keep your picks to add depth.

O.city 04-18-2018 12:35 PM

I'd do what I had to do to get a corner if they project him to be a legit outside guy.

Otherwise, I'd stick with Bryan and keep that pick.

Mother****erJones 04-18-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13521834)
2019 is going to be an amazing ****ing draft to fill what the Chiefs desperately need. Pass-rushers.

No ****ing way am I dumping off early 2019 picks considering we need all of that shit, badly. If they want to move up for a corner this year, hey ok whatever I guess but don't use anything more than one of the extra 3rds we already hold. **** robbing tomorrow for today.

That’s where I’m at. If I can move 54 and one of the 3s and something else? Probably. I’m all for keeping that pick and I said as much a couple pages ago in this thread

staylor26 04-18-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13521877)
I'd do what I had to do to get a corner if they project him to be a legit outside guy.

Bryan?

O.city 04-18-2018 01:19 PM

BryanBusby?

Mother****erJones 04-18-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13521925)
BryanBusby?

Bryan Bulaga?

O.city 04-18-2018 01:21 PM

Plus, you gotta figure that Rams second rounder is probably gonna be towards the back of the 2nd round.

It will be nice to have 2 2nd rounders next year, but they are likely to both be atleast mid to later 2nds.

Simply Red 04-18-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13521834)

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13521877)

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13521918)
Bryan?

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13521925)
BryanBusby?

Bryan you play in the NFL? Do you look to come here? We'll keep it quiet - CRAZY though! I never knew this!! Welcome - which school are you at?

saphojunkie 04-18-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13521360)
If the entire league knows that the Chiefs want to trade up, we'll have to ante up. Unlike the Mahomes trade this is very public.

THEY KNOW YOU WANT TO TRADE UP WHEN YOU CALL SAYING YOU WANT TO TRADE UP.

That’s like ordering a beer without the bartender knowing you want a beer.

saphojunkie 04-18-2018 01:31 PM

I would hold onto both seconds next year, rather than trade up hoping the CB you select pans out.

I mean, if it’s a slam dunk, you thought this guy was top ten talent, then sure. Otherwise, throw numbers at it. All pro guys come out of the second round all the time.

jjchieffan 04-18-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13521927)
Plus, you gotta figure that Rams second rounder is probably gonna be towards the back of the 2nd round.

It will be nice to have 2 2nd rounders next year, but they are likely to both be atleast mid to later 2nds.

You would think that those picks would be late in the round. But nothing is certain. Who would have said this time last year that the Rams would be a top team? We all expected the Donks to be bad, but most media expected them to contend for the West. Same with the Faiders. If we trade the Rams pick away and it ends up being around pick 60, then we did good. But what if Peter's and Talib become a huge distraction causing the defense to collapse? If the Rams revert to 2016 level, we will all be in here crying about how nice it would be to have that extra top 50 or better pick.

Bewbies 04-18-2018 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13521859)
I would.

All of the best corners will be gone by pick 40, maybe late 30’s. It’s going to be just like the receivers in the 2014 draft. Pick 78 is only worth 200 points ( enough to move up to the 44th pick), so the Chiefs would have to trade multiple picks (likely 78 and 124) to move that high. We obviously can’t afford to pick only 3 times in the top 4 rounds.

Chiefs need depth and quality at corner. Replace Peters with a good player now and keep your picks to add depth.

We have extra 3's, use those. I'd rather do a 3, 4, 5 or something that a 3 with a 2 next year. Ouch.

BryanBusby 04-18-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13521935)
Bryan you play in the NFL? Do you look to come here? We'll keep it quiet - CRAZY though! I never knew this!! Welcome - which school are you at?

Plz no dox ty

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13521956)
You would think that those picks would be late in the round. But nothing is certain. Who would have said this time last year that the Rams would be a top team? We all expected the Donks to be bad, but most media expected them to contend for the West. Same with the Faiders. If we trade the Rams pick away and it ends up being around pick 60, then we did good. But what if Peter's and Talib become a huge distraction causing the defense to collapse? If the Rams revert to 2016 level, we will all be in here crying about how nice it would be to have that extra top 50 or better pick.

Eh, I wouldn't be certain. They caught a lot of teams by surprise a year ago and cruised a garbage division.

Teams have an entire Offseason to study them and the 49ers are going to be a problem. Sure Jimmy can also be figured out too, but I think Goff is more of a gimmick.

If there's one single team that has the makings of a 2018 let down, it's the Rams.

jjchieffan 04-18-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13522003)
Plz no dox ty

Eh, I wouldn't be certain. They caught a lot of teams by surprise a year ago and cruised a garbage division.

Teams have an entire Offseason to study them and the 49ers are going to be a problem. Sure Jimmy can also be figured out too, but I think Goff is more of a gimmick.

If there's one single team that has the makings of a 2018 let down, it's the Rams.

I agree. The Wade factor is a big deal. His defenses are usually pretty tough. But the offense doesn't scare me. They will probably have to hold their opponents under 20 to win most weeks. Granted, their defense has got the tools to do that. But, I guess we'll just have to watch and see.

RunKC 04-18-2018 03:21 PM

https://t.co/jyPK2MUDar?amp=1

Here’s the total point value per pick. Pick 54 is 360 points and Eagles pick is 590. We’ll need at least 170 extra points to move up to the early 2nd rd.

Pick-Points
78-200
86-160
122-50
124-48
196-13.7
233-4
243-2.4

BryanBusby 04-18-2018 03:27 PM

If they pay full value to move up, they're dumb. It's a buyers market this year.

aturnis 04-18-2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13521360)
If the entire league knows that the Chiefs want to trade up, we'll have to ante up. Unlike the Mahomes trade this is very public.

You have to consider there are teams that want to move down and get more picks.

LOOK AT THE DRAFT TRADES FROM LAST SEASON AND STOP BEING SUCH A CHICKEN LITTLE!

Tribal Warfare 04-18-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 13522111)
You have to consider there are teams that want to move down and get more picks.

LOOK AT THE DRAFT TRADES FROM LAST SEASON AND STOP BEING SUCH A CHICKEN LITTLE!

Last season is done, and this season with the Peter's deal it has ****ed us when it comes to negotiating especially after broadcasting what you want to do.

BossChief 04-18-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13522083)
If they pay full value to move up, they're dumb. It's a buyers market this year.

Absolutely agree.

BossChief 04-18-2018 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13522123)
Last season is done, and this season with the Peter's deal it has ****ed us when it comes to negotiating especially after broadcasting what you want to do.

You realize that draft trades are mostly discussed the 2 weeks before the actual draft, right?

Dorsey said after the draft last year he had the deal with Buffalo in place well before the draft even started.

I think that’s why info is leaking that KC is looking to move up for a corner.

Mother****erJones 04-18-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13522133)
You realize that draft trades are mostly discussed the 2 weeks before the actual draft, right?

Dorsey said after the draft last year he had the deal with Buffalo in place well before the draft even started.

Lol I’m sure Tribal thinks trades aren’t discussed til draft day

Tribal Warfare 04-18-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13522133)

You do understand we don't have a 1st round pick this year? So we are at the mercy of the flow of the draft for 53 picks. The Chiefs have to see how it falls no matter how much discussion which includes teams prior FA and trade deals.

As I said before this is a very PUBLIC deal this isn't a silent gentleman's agreement, it's going to be a bidding war.

Bewbies 04-18-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13522145)
You do understand we don't have a 1st round pick this year? So we are at the mercy of the flow of the draft for 53 picks. The Chiefs have to see how it falls no matter how much discussion which includes teams prior FA and trade deals.

As I said before this is a very PUBLIC deal this isn't a silent gentleman's agreement, it's going to be a bidding war.

Clearly understands what a bidding war is.

BossChief 04-18-2018 04:09 PM

KC isn’t going to overpay to move up.

I assure you they will have a deal in place and I’d make a wager we move up to 32 for Phillys pick and take Jackson, Hughes or Oliver...unless Daniels is still on the board.

If Daniels slips to the end of the first, I’d love to see them move up to get him.

That kids gonna be a perennial pro bowl center/guard and is PERFECT for our system. He can fight in a phone booth or get to the perimeter.

BryanBusby 04-18-2018 04:15 PM

0 chance Daniels gets beyond the Bengals.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-18-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Yes.

What talent is so amazing at CB, in the late first, that we want to thin an already thin draft for the Chiefs? It's not a "final piece of the puzzle"-year for the Chiefs anyway; they have at least two more drafts and FA periods after 2018 to reach that point.

O.city 04-18-2018 07:55 PM

How the hell is it a bidding war? It’s not like everyone is moving up for a certain guy

O.city 04-18-2018 07:57 PM

https://twitter.com/redmamba707/stat...218784257?s=21

Here’s the dude that seems to have some kind of ins De info

A fourth to go up that high?

BossChief 04-18-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13522159)
0 chance Daniels gets beyond the Bengals.

Depends how the board falls.

No chance he makes it to the Eagles pick though.

BryanBusby 04-18-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13522448)
Depends how the board falls.

No chance he makes it to the Eagles pick though.

The Bengals don't have a Center and have to make sure they leave the draft with a Starter.

Mother****erJones 04-18-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13522440)

To be fair, he did say at least a fourth.

Buckweath 04-18-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

I am not sure you have read correctly. He does not specify how high a 4th gets them? He just says at least a 4th to move up.

RunKC 04-18-2018 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13522083)

I honestly don’t think any team in any draft would want to give up much less than draft chart value. If we wanted to move from 54 to 32, we’d need 590 points.

In addition to our 2nd rd pick, our first 3rd, a 6th and a 7th is the closest we could get to that value. Would you consider that overpaying?

KChiefs1 04-18-2018 10:12 PM

Jeremiah’s three team trade.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-d...221051567.html

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks and former UCLA head coach Jim Mora imagine a three-team draft trade between the Indianapolis Colts, New York Giants and Buffalo Bills.

Pitt Gorilla 04-18-2018 10:22 PM

Hunt, Kelce, and Houston were all drafted in the third. Hill in the fifth. Why would we give up so much capital to move up?

Chargem 04-19-2018 12:55 AM

Quote:

Ragnow in the 3rd would be a dream

aturnis 04-19-2018 02:21 AM

I like Austin Corbett. Think he can be had in the third or fourth.

Buckweath 04-19-2018 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13522616)
Hunt, Kelce, and Houston were all drafted in the third. Hill in the fifth. Why would we give up so much capital to move up?

Yeah and Gaines and Russell were also drafted in the third.

You don't trade up just for the sake of trading up but the fact is you are much more likely to get a quality corner and who can contribute immediately at the end of the 1st round or early 2nd round than in the 3rd round.

Some fans think the team can be a SB contender in 2019.

I personnally think, and I'm pretty sure Veach and Reid think the same, that this team can go all the way as early as this year.

I have said it before, the Chiefs mainly need to draft (or trade for) a CB, a DL and a safety. If Veach can manage to get quality play out of 2 of those 3 new players, I really like this team going into this year. It's just about how good Mahomes can be early then.

BTW, I know LG is a concern as well but remember Alex SMith had a career year with Witzmann there so I fully expect a lower pick there but I'd be OK rolling with Ehinger or Witzmann.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-19-2018 06:47 AM

Hopefully Ehinger is back to form , he showed promise before injury

Rausch 04-19-2018 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13522616)

Too many holes for a trade up.

Stay put and take BPA on defense (unless somehow a mauler G falls to us in the 3rd/4th.)

BossChief 04-19-2018 08:44 AM

I don’t get the “we have too many holes to fill” mantra.

This is one of the best rosters in the league and we need to fill a handful of spots with guys that can compete against the best.

Guys that can matchup in the playoffs against top competition and help us win those big games.

IMO that’s not with a bunch of c+ b- guys.

With this roster, I’d much rather have 2 As, a B and a couple Cs than a bunch of b-/c+ guys

2cb
1s
1dl
1lg

We come out of the draft with half those holes filled with top talent, the draft was a huge win and this team will be able to genuinely compete for a title.

Bewbies 04-19-2018 09:12 AM

I want KC to compete this year cause the SB is 10 miles from my house. That'd be great.

I'd be surprised if Mahomes is good enough to beat Big Ben, Brady etc in the AFC this year. Tough thing to do in your first year as a starter.

I do expect him to be 6-0 vs Keesum, Guyliner and Phyllis. Maybe 5-1 if we get a road game on a Thursday night in Oakland again. *cough* Bullshit.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-19-2018 09:33 AM

Thin air in weeks 1 thru 3 would be rough too.

Chris Meck 04-19-2018 03:15 PM

just stay put and draft the best player available that's not a stacked position on the team. I'd lean defense other than a LG but that's debatable.

We need to come out with 3-4 good football players here.

I should specify-we just need a good solid draft here. We don't need to come up with magic. Maybe not the year for projects. Just good solid football players.

I would totally consider moving down to acquire more picks as long as it doesn't move us out of the 2nd or 3rd.

Aspengc8 04-19-2018 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 13523543)
just stay put and draft the best player available that's not a stacked position on the team. I'd lean defense other than a LG but that's debatable.

I should specify-we just need a good solid draft here. We don't need to come up with magic. Maybe not the year for projects. Just good solid football players.

I would totally consider moving down to acquire more picks as long as it doesn't move us out of the 2nd or 3rd.

The chiefs have a 2nd, two thirds, two fourths, 6th, two 7ths. thats enough picks to find a few blue chip players. to move up just 10 spots in the second, KC would most likely have to give up both fourths from this year, or a combo of picks thats not really worth it.

Tribal Warfare 04-19-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 13523543)

Or trade down and load up picks for 2019 too

BossChief 04-19-2018 09:55 PM

I wonder if a third and fourth this year to go with next years second would be enough to get up to 32-40.

Depends on what chart they are using and how each team values that 2019 2

BossChief 04-19-2018 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13524272)

**** that.

This team needs to maximize the Mahomes rookie contract years.

We can’t afford to keep pushing resources back another year.

Get some impact guys and let’s go win a title.

I’d much rather have 4 good picks than a bunch of guys that might not make the roster or push the picks to next year.

That’s why I’d love to move up after targeting impact guys.

The impact guys push the previous starters to depth spots.

If we didn’t have a stud on a rookie deal, I’d have a different strategy, but I think this is a strike while the irons hot kinda deal here.

RunKC 04-19-2018 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13524280)
I wonder if a third and fourth this year to go with next years second would be enough to get up to 32-40.

Depends on what chart they are using and how each team values that 2019 2

Our 2nd, first 3rd and a 6th is enough to move to 32 per the draft chart.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-19-2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13524272)

Hell no

Chris Meck 04-19-2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 13524109)
The chiefs have a 2nd, two thirds, two fourths, 6th, two 7ths. thats enough picks to find a few blue chip players. to move up just 10 spots in the second, KC would most likely have to give up both fourths from this year, or a combo of picks thats not really worth it.

I agree. I would move DOWN a few spots here and there if it nets another pick or two; but I think mostly standing pat and picking where it lays is going to net us some solid talent.

Tribal Warfare 04-19-2018 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13524288)
**** that.

KC will be playing short handed every year then . The Chiefs need to think of the long game, so they won't **** themselves later on

TambaBerry 04-20-2018 04:34 AM

I hope Justin Reid falls

Easy 6 04-20-2018 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13524309)

Kinda seems like a lot, if you ask me... if Veach goes that route, at least spread it out a bit and make it next years 3rd

Chiefs Moon 04-20-2018 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13524381)
Kinda seems like a lot, if you ask me... if Veach goes that route, at least spread it out a bit and make it next years 3rd

I think we've already lost our 4th round pick in the Ragland deal. If we move up in any round, I hope it's only a few spots. The defense could use a starting safety and CB. A rotational DL guy is needed and an edge rusher.

There seems to be depth at CB and DL. Safety and Edge are light.

Aspengc8 04-20-2018 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13524309)

Going strictly off chart numbers, it would be. It never works out exactly like that though. IMO they should stick with the picks they have now. You will gain good roster depth per cap hit value, and possibly be in a awesome cap scenario next year if they can restructure Berry and Houston a bit.

BossChief 04-20-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13524332)
KC will be playing short handed every year then . The Chiefs need to think of the long game, so they won't **** themselves later on

Ummm

We’re drafting short handed this year because of the Mahomes trade and we are short handed talent wise due to trading Peters.

If they can use that 2nd from Peters to move up for a premier CB to replace him with, I’m all for it.

Nows the time to make moves like that with Mahomes on his rookie deal.

Stack the roster and let’s go win a title before he costs us 35m per season in a few years.

RunKC 04-20-2018 09:35 AM

If we go to the max and want someone before 30, I would imagine we would trade our 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 2019 2nd to trade up.

I don’t think it would happen, but I could see it if somehow a guy fell that was at the top of Veach’s board.

Halfcan 04-20-2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13524634)
If we go to the max and want someone before 30, I would imagine we would trade our 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 2019 2nd to trade up.

I don’t think it would happen, but I could see it if somehow a guy fell that was at the top of Veach’s board.

That is a lot of draft stock for one player. We have too many holes to do that imo. I hope we can get at least 5 solid players this draft with 2 starters. Mr. Veech would be kicking ass if he could do that.

Tribal Warfare 04-20-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13524618)
Ummm

We’re drafting short handed this year because of the Mahomes trade and we are short handed talent wise due to trading Peters.

If they can use that 2nd from Peters to move up for a premier CB to replace him with, I’m all for it.

Nows the time to make moves like that with Mahomes on his rookie deal.

Stack the roster and let’s go win a title before he costs us 35m per season in a few years.

This is what I WANT to do, as I said before everyone had a bitch fit concerning what KC could do.

No joke we're shorthanded, we either trade back and recoup more picks for the 2019 draft, because if the Chiefs are still maneuvering with less picks next draft season we'll be hamstrung once again.

Buckweath 04-20-2018 11:03 AM

I don't know why some think that this team has too many holes. If anything, it has few holes, which are S and CB and to a lesser extent LG and DL. I mean all teams have a few holes. The rest is just depth really which can always be improved.

The S position I am not worried as we have Eric Berry there and there are FAs to be had if things don't fall in place for Veach to draft a good safety.

The LG position, I am hoping for a 4th round pick there but between Erving, Witzmann and Ehinger, I don't think it is a major concern in all cases.

The Chiefs need a top CB prospect as Amerson and the rest of our CBs outside of Fuller and Nelson are unknowns and we know the fact that you can never have enough good corners.

This is why Veach wants to be agressive and trade up and I am all for it, especially considering the fact that we traded Peters for picks.

The DL needs a high pick too IMO but Veach might settle for a 3rd round pick there. Allen Bailey is just not good enough or reliable for me, plus he wilil be a FA next year.

tmax63 04-20-2018 11:10 AM

People need to remember player acquisition doesn't stop at the draft. There will be some players available that lose their spots because of the draft that are better than what the Chiefs have. I expect some of the depth to be improved by these.

a pp roach 04-20-2018 11:17 AM

I hope they get that kid McCringlebrerry from Penn State.

Mother****erJones 04-21-2018 07:50 PM

I can’t ****ing wait for Thursday. For the first time in my life, I get to watch a draft while KC has their QBoTF

Bewbies 04-21-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13526506)
I can’t ****ing wait for Thursday. For the first time in my life, I get to watch a draft while KC has their QBoTF

Yeah. The is the first draft I can remember of my life I don’t want us to take a QB.

Bout damn time.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-21-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13526512)
Yeah. The is the first draft I can remember of my life I don’t want us to take a QB.

Bout damn time.

It really changes the dynamic of the discussion among the fans. Now, we can surgically pick apart the myriad other components that make up a team. It's nothing but great, as it allows us to dial-in on the weaknesses that have been glossed over due to 40+ years of ignoring the most important position in football.
To observe how Veach handles the rest of the soup will be fascinating.

Mother****erJones 04-21-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Bout damn time.

If KC gets anything like we hope from KPass, last year's draft could be as good as anyone's in quite a long time. Franchise QB, RB and a premier pass rusher? Wishful thinking but I still believe in Kpass. Will contribute this year a lot more but I think next year is when he takes off.

Bewbies 04-21-2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13526573)
If KC gets anything like we hope from KPass, last year's draft could be as good as anyone's in quite a long time. Franchise QB, RB and a premier pass rusher? Wishful thinking but I still believe in Kpass. Will contribute this year a lot more but I think next year is when he takes off.

I don’t like the QB’s this year as much as Mahomes, but in theory Dorsey could do that again this year in Cleveland. LMAO

QB1 + DE1 + RB2 or 3? Got dam!

Bewbies 04-21-2018 09:25 PM

Also, I like Kpass a lot. Hoping he shows a leap forward this year and in year 3 is a stud.

Rasputin 04-22-2018 04:11 AM

Eh I'm one that just assumes not trading up for a cornerback unless he is just going be the best ever cornerback but you can't predict that. I'd just do the best we can and stockpile draft picks for next year if possible.

farmerchief 04-22-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13526735)
Eh I'm one that just assumes not trading up for a cornerback unless he is just going be the best ever cornerback but you can't predict that. I'd just do the best we can and stockpile draft picks for next year if possible.

Yeah, I kind of agree with you. I would just take the best player in the rounds we have, unless a highly rated cb drops out of the projected first/high second, area, then I would have trade partners possibly on board. I've got a hunch all areas will be covered. I'm getting tired of waiting, wish the draft was tomorrow!

RunKC 04-22-2018 04:39 PM

I hope Veach keeps an eye out for Sam Hubbard. I haven’t seen this guy mocked as a 1st rd pick in Bucky Brooks or Daniel Jeremiah’s recent mocks.

Dude has the size, ability, athleticism and hustle. He reminds me of TJ Watt and could make an impact now.

Here’s your Justin Houston replacement

MahomesMagic 04-22-2018 05:38 PM

Besides defensive help I would love to grab interior line help. This draft is loaded with guys that can play.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-22-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 13527326)
Besides defensive help I would love to grab interior line help. This draft is loaded with guys that can play.

If its good and there in abundance, load the **** up! Why get a mediocre "need" if you can land some players instead?

BossChief 04-22-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Having a first this year would be nice...

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-22-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527336)

If I could parlay a first in to 2 two's, I'd do it every time from here on out. The only reason to have a first has been addressed.
Unless you see some completely badass pass rusher or DB.

KC_Lee 04-22-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Bout damn time.

It's funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Messier 04-22-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527336)

Every time I think this. I remember we have Mahomes, and I smile.