ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Taking control of the Chiefs franchise (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297742)

Lzen 02-10-2016 07:37 AM

I'm curious as to why Peters is so lost out there. Would you post his attributes as well as the other DBs on the team?

Hammock Parties 02-10-2016 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 12074636)
Yeah, I get your point and it seems the difficulty is about right. Still, I've never seen Peters so unaware as in some of your vids. He may have allowed some catches in real life (first half of the season, not second half, btw) but he was never totally lost like your video game Peters.

Yes. As I said, that is simply the Madden interpretation of "Peters allows a catch." I'm willing to live with it. The alternative is every 70 AWR rookie DB coming into the league and playing way above his head.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 12074637)
I'm curious as to why Peters is so lost out there. Would you post his attributes as well as the other DBs on the team?

Well, in his case it's simply because he was starting and had low AWR (73) at the beginning of the season.

When I attempted to use Ron Parker there the results weren't much better (I think he was 75 AWR).

I got desperate and that is why Finnegan was signed (86 AWR). He is much slower and smaller, but I've given him safety help on almost every snap to compensate. Overall the defense has been better.

Hammock Parties 02-10-2016 07:57 AM

Chiefs vs Packers Super Bowl stream will be Thursday at 7.

http://www.twitch.tv/malschiefs

Hammock Parties 02-11-2016 04:17 PM

Gameplan for the Super Bowl will be very similar to the Colts game. I will be playing 3 DL on the majority of defensive snaps. Rodgers is going to have to work for his points.

I plan to be extremely aggressive on offense. I'm not just going to ram Charles headlong into GB's nasty defensive front.

Stream is live at 7.

If you stick around afterwards I'll probably jump right into the offseason.

lewdog 02-11-2016 05:48 PM

I think I can make this.

So in an hour?

Hammock Parties 02-11-2016 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12077225)
I think I can make this.

So in an hour?

Yes sir, 7 PM central time.

Anyone who is tuning in tonight please register an account on twitch. It makes the chat a little more fun when you can bitch about my play calls live.

lewdog 02-11-2016 06:57 PM

Log on you ****ing queers!

Demonpenz 02-11-2016 07:10 PM

CHARLES DOING WORK

ThaVirus 02-11-2016 08:15 PM

Hah!

Wide left!

LACES OUT, DAN!

Hammock Parties 02-11-2016 08:22 PM

Oh my GOD what a game.

No spoilers! Recap to come.

New World Order 02-11-2016 08:24 PM

God damn I just got home.

I'm going to need a replay of the game.

Hammock Parties 02-11-2016 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12077544)
God damn I just got home.

I'm going to need a replay of the game.

Watch now!

http://www.twitch.tv/malschiefs/v/43718906

New World Order 02-11-2016 08:33 PM

Will watch after this post.

Mals, you should stream the offseason minigames that improve your players attributes (Rushing, Passing, Tackling challenges etc..).

Hammock Parties 02-11-2016 09:56 PM

SUPER BOWL 51: CHIEFS VS PACKERS

Could the 32 defense stop Aaron Rodgers? Probably not, but let's play the game and find out! It's the Super Bowl, bitches!

Spoiler!

Pasta Little Brioni 02-11-2016 10:08 PM

Wooooooooo

New World Order 02-11-2016 10:23 PM

Mals just think: we could be back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back Super Bowl Champs!

Hammock Parties 02-11-2016 10:28 PM

I still can't believe I pulled off that drive.

Or that the Packers didn't drop everyone in coverage down by the goal line.

Watch that drive in the replay. It starts at 1:12:20. I must have picked the perfect play on every down, because my receivers were wide open and protection was perfect.

Offseason begins tonight!

New World Order 02-11-2016 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals (Post 12077974)
I still can't believe I pulled off that drive.

Or that the Packers didn't drop everyone in coverage down by the goal line.

Watch that drive in the replay. It starts at 1:12:20. I must have picked the perfect play on every down, because my receivers were wide open and protection was perfect.

Offseason begins tonight!

11?

Hammock Parties 02-11-2016 10:55 PM

First move of the offseason: BOB SUTTON FIRED

http://i.imgur.com/meoXPfL.png

"Our defense sucked mostly and Alex Smith had to throw his ass off to win the Super Bowl," said HC Andy Reid. "Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, Bob."

Your new defensive coordinator:

http://i.imgur.com/LSHwq4M.png

New World Order 02-11-2016 10:58 PM

So what's the deal with Alex and the cap?

Stream this stuff on twitch now.

Hammock Parties 02-11-2016 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12078019)
So what's the deal with Alex and the cap?

Stream this stuff on twitch now.

I am a million dollars over the cap as it stands now.

Alex has a $17 million dollar cap hit and his contract is about to be renegotiated. I cannot in good conscience cut or trade the Super Bowl MVP, even if he is getting slooooow:

http://i.imgur.com/5jVDMOn.png

I'll also clear some cap room by trading this old, slow, rapidly declining ****:

http://i.imgur.com/HYyjTYh.png

Free agents for the Chiefs:

Kelce, Poe, Ware, West and Harris.

Notable retired players:

RB DeAngelo Williams
RB Darren Sproles
DT Kevin Williams

No streaming for the offseason. It's pretty boring, anyway, trust me.

Hammock Parties 02-12-2016 12:55 AM

Chiefs release:

P Dustin Colquitt
OLB Tamba Hali
CB Cortland Finnegan
DE DeAndre Coleman

This clears $13 million in cap space.

Alex Smith then signs an EXTREMELY friendly 3 year, $22 million dollar deal. That's 3x as much as he was going to get if I cut him. Good boy. :D

Now I have $21 million in cap space.

Free Agency:

RFA Charcandrick West is offered a 1 year, $850k deal and takes it.

DT Dontari Poe signs a 6 year, $57 million deal.
TE Travis Kelce signs a 4 year, $16 million deal (he's totaled only 1200 yards and 9 TD the last two seasons)
HB Spencer Ware signs a 2 year, $3 million deal.
HB Dri Archer signs a 4 year, $6.6 million deal.
P Marquette King signs a 3 year, $5.2 million deal.

and the Chiefs BIG WIN of free agency...the Saints are unable to reach a contract with LT Terron Armstead. The Chiefs grab him on a 5-year, $38 million deal.

With the signing, Eric Fisher moves to RT.

Other notable signings:

Tony Romo to the Cardinals
RGIII to the Cowboys
LeSean McCoy to the Chargers
DeMaryius Thomas to the Giants
Desean Jackson to the Panthers
Maurkice Pouncey and Jerod Mayo to the Raiders
Ndamukong Suh and Adrian Peterson to the Seahawks :eek:

Colquitt joins TB, Hali joins SF.

The Chiefs finish free agency $4.8 million under the cap.

Onto the draft...where there are 4 juicy, juicy QB prospects. JAMAAL CHARLES DAYS ARE NUMBERED.

New World Order 02-12-2016 02:44 AM

You need a corner in the worst way.

Hammock Parties 02-12-2016 03:09 PM

The top 4 QBs in the 2017 draft:

Vincent Jahoda: 6-4, 212, 91 SPD, 74 AWR, 87 THP, 90 THA
Nate Workman: 6-2, 229, 60 SPD, 76 AWR, 94 THP, 89 THA
Pete Nalen: 6-2, 211, 73 SPD, 78 AWR, 94 THP, 84 THA
Gino Barry: 6-3, 233, 56 SPD, 75 AWR, 95 THP, 82 THA

The Chiefs want one of them. But they have the 32nd pick. So what do they do?

Spoiler!

Now I don't have a pick until the end of the 2nd round. So I wait, and wait and wait and wait. My next guy is still on the board, so I trade down again, moving from 2.32 to 3.17, picking up 4.17 from the Falcons. 3.17 arrives and I...TAKE ANOTHER QB.

6-4, 226 LB Calvin Antwine is my backup plan if Pete busts. He has shitty awareness, but 99 THP 85 THA = BOMBS ALL DAY TO LAMONT. :eek: :eek: :eek:

The rest of my draft is a haul of fair-to-middlin' draft prospects.

CB Joe Gross is my nickel CB immediately, and is fast enough that he might take Peters' job if he isn't careful.

Chuck Lloyd enters the draft as a WR. There's only one problem: HE CAN'T CATCH. I move him to HB. He takes #25 as a huge middle finger to Jamaal Charles fans.

THE QB CLASS OF '17

Jahoda: Redskins
Nalen: Chiefs
Workman: Browns
Barry: Saints

The Chargers also take the 5th best QB: Curtis Strickland. He's only 6 feet tall, but has 95 THP/88 THA. That could be rough for me.

THE RB COMPETITION

It's a three way race between:

Dri Archer (FA)
Chuck Lloyd (draft) and...the dark horse.

BRESHAD PERRIMAN.

http://i.imgur.com/6VLsgni.png

SON OF BRETT unexpectedly hits the second round of free agency. He can't catch, either. But he has 97 SPD, 70 STR and 77 BTK. The Chiefs scoop him up on a 3-year, $7.66 million deal and convert him to HB.

Archer and Lloyd both have terrible injury ratings. ALL THREE backs are fumble prone and fast as hell. Dis gunna be gud.

THE QBOTF COMPETITION

Are you TEAM PETE? He's gonna be NALEN receivers all preseason! He signs a 5-year, $46 million deal.

http://i.imgur.com/JjLR92k.png

Or are you TEAM CALVIN? We're gonna get drunk on ANTWINE. He looks less like a douche, and signs a dirt cheap 7-year, $12.88 million deal. The rube.

http://i.imgur.com/DFdXNFY.png

Let the games begin. Alex Smith isn't taking a single snap this preseason!

DJ's left nut 02-12-2016 03:11 PM

I thought Nalen was the best choice there as well. With a solid if unspectacular shuttle time, he can put that speed to work (the QBs with no acceleration in Madden are death; you get sacked before you're up to speed).

Nicely done, Carl.

The Franchise 02-12-2016 05:39 PM

So when does Smith go away? Starting the rookie next season?

New World Order 02-12-2016 06:15 PM

Back-to-back quarterbacks in the same draft?!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/2I4dGMb36Y8ZW/giphy.gif

New World Order 02-12-2016 07:22 PM

I'm confused as to why you resigned or restructured Smith's deal.

lewdog 02-12-2016 10:13 PM

I was curious as well to restructuring Smith's deal unless you plan to develop the young QBs for one season before giving one of them the reigns.

Or are we thinking see how camp plays out with the young QBs and possibly go into next season with some sub packages using the better rookie QB to really pull some tomfoolery?

I also have a serious question from a non-gamer like myself. We have a PS3. Can you buy an older game of Madden for the PS3 and update the rosters on there like you are doing on PC?

Hammock Parties 02-12-2016 10:27 PM

Smith was restructured because his $17 million cap hit was too high.

I could have cut him, but that wouldn't be realistic. Cutting the goddamn Super Bowl MVP? No.

Besides, I know these guys aren't ready to start. Just based on the three passes I threw in preseason earlier this evening. :D

Smith will be benched as soon as he is no longer the best starting option. That probably won't be 2017, barring a losing streak. It could be 2018 depending on rating decline.

I will definitely sub the #2 QB in to get him some stats.

No idea on PS3.

New World Order 02-13-2016 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12079094)
I was curious as well to restructuring Smith's deal unless you plan to develop the young QBs for one season before giving one of them the reigns.

Or are we thinking see how camp plays out with the young QBs and possibly go into next season with some sub packages using the better rookie QB to really pull some tomfoolery?

I also have a serious question from a non-gamer like myself. We have a PS3. Can you buy an older game of Madden for the PS3 and update the rosters on there like you are doing on PC?

Get it on PC. We can do an online league with a custom draft and build our teams.

lewdog 02-13-2016 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12079256)
Get it on PC. We can do an online league with a custom draft and build our teams.

I don't game enough to do that. Plus I'd have to get a controller for the PC and all that shit. And I'd likely get bored with it after a few months so that doesn't seem too logical.

lewdog 02-13-2016 08:44 AM

How does the current roster update work on PC? Are you allowed to update to the current rosters for every new current season if you wanted to?

New World Order 02-13-2016 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12079313)
I don't game enough to do that. Plus I'd have to get a controller for the PC and all that shit. And I'd likely get bored with it after a few months so that doesn't seem too logical.

You can use your PS3 controller for PC Madden.

Hammock Parties 02-13-2016 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12079315)
How does the current roster update work on PC? Are you allowed to update to the current rosters for every new current season if you wanted to?

Yes. The guys at footballidiot.com have created tons of custom rosters. Or you can do it yourself.

Hammock Parties 02-13-2016 12:18 PM

Historical rosters are a lot of fun.

http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/v...p?f=12&t=16968

I actually think I'm going to do a run at the '95 Chiefs and see if I can win a SB with Bono.

lewdog 02-13-2016 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12079317)
You can use your PS3 controller for PC Madden.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals (Post 12079438)
Yes. The guys at footballidiot.com have created tons of custom rosters. Or you can do it yourself.

Well this changes everything. I have never gamed on my computer. Are most computers able to keep up with a video game like Madden without running into a bunch of issues like lagging?

Hammock Parties 02-13-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12079656)
Are most computers able to keep up with a video game like Madden without running into a bunch of issues like lagging?

It's almost 10 years old. If you have a video card approaching anything decent you'll be fine.

If anyone here starts playing 08 PC hit me up for my ENB file. It makes the graphics slightly better through custom lighting.

lewdog 02-13-2016 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals (Post 12079672)
It's almost 10 years old. If you have a video card approaching anything decent you'll be fine.

If anyone here starts playing 08 PC hit me up for my ENB file. It makes the graphics slightly better through custom lighting.

I bought my ASUS desktop 2 years ago. I don't know much else about it.

So I can use my PS3 controller, have unlimited updated rosters and buy the download off Amazon for $10?

This seems like a no brainer.

I started reading on forums and many people stick with 2008 Madden for the continued updates and usage of franchise mode. What's the reasoning? Did Madden change things in games that followed?

Hammock Parties 02-13-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12079691)
I bought my ASUS desktop 2 years ago. I don't know much else about it.

So I can use my PS3 controller, have unlimited updated rosters and buy the download off Amazon for $10?

This seems like a no brainer.

I started reading on forums and many people stick with 2008 Madden for the continued updates and usage of franchise mode. What's the reasoning? Did Madden change things in games that followed?

Well, for one thing it's the only PC football game out there. EA are dicks and didn't see much profit in the PC market. While they're right, they're still dicks. It's a simple port and costs them very little.

But some of the later versions of Madden have awful, awful gameplay glitches and terrible franchise modes compared to Madden 2008 PC. In Madden 2012 they actually TOOK OUT THE DRAFT FEATURE.

And as a bonus, the third party franchise/roster editors for 08 are freaking awesome.

I love being able to view an entire draft class ratings before the draft. Changing a player's position during a season is great...no other way to do it other than in the offseason in-game. And since the CPU GMs are often idiotic, it's useful to take control of other teams in a franchise to fix them. The only way to do that is with one of the editors.

You can also create custom playbooks with a pretty awesome amount of flexibility. I currently run mostly custom formations in my playbook.

You can also do cool shit like move teams and change their stadiums in the editor. Before I started this 'chise, I moved the Rams to Los Angeles and assigned them to the LA Coliseum. Which of course...is a custom stadium I downloaded. :D

The Franchise 02-13-2016 03:06 PM

I miss the days of playing NCAA football games for the downloadable draft classes that you could then import into Madden. My roommates and I used to sit down for entire weekends and play through a season of each game.

Hammock Parties 02-13-2016 05:13 PM

Preseason ****ing OWNS.

My DBs just got THIRTEEN passes deflected in one game, mostly against Matt Cassel. :D

He went 7 for 23 with 2 picks. LMAO

If you guys are interested I will stream the third preseason game tonight at 10.

lewdog 02-13-2016 06:51 PM

Shit, for $10 I think I am in. I'll try to buy the download version off Amazon tonight or tomorrow.

So I just plug my PS3 controller into my USB port and it will work?

New World Order 02-13-2016 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals (Post 12079710)
Well, for one thing it's the only PC football game out there. EA are dicks and didn't see much profit in the PC market. While they're right, they're still dicks. It's a simple port and costs them very little.

But some of the later versions of Madden have awful, awful gameplay glitches and terrible franchise modes compared to Madden 2008 PC. In Madden 2012 they actually TOOK OUT THE DRAFT FEATURE.

And as a bonus, the third party franchise/roster editors for 08 are freaking awesome.

I love being able to view an entire draft class ratings before the draft. Changing a player's position during a season is great...no other way to do it other than in the offseason in-game. And since the CPU GMs are often idiotic, it's useful to take control of other teams in a franchise to fix them. The only way to do that is with one of the editors.

You can also create custom playbooks with a pretty awesome amount of flexibility. I currently run mostly custom formations in my playbook.

You can also do cool shit like move teams and change their stadiums in the editor. Before I started this 'chise, I moved the Rams to Los Angeles and assigned them to the LA Coliseum. Which of course...is a custom stadium I downloaded. :D

It's a blessing in disguise really. PS2 style Madden (Madden 08 for PC) is by far the best gameplay out of any generation including PS3 and PS4.

I hope it stays around for many years.

New World Order 02-13-2016 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12080449)
Shit, for $10 I think I am in. I'll try to buy the download version off Amazon tonight or tomorrow.

So I just plug my PS3 controller into my USB port and it will work?

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...oller-to-a-pc/

New World Order 02-13-2016 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals (Post 12080129)
Preseason ****ing OWNS.

My DBs just got THIRTEEN passes deflected in one game, mostly against Matt Cassel. :D

He went 7 for 23 with 2 picks. LMAO

If you guys are interested I will stream the third preseason game tonight at 10.

Do it.

Hammock Parties 02-13-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12080515)
Do it.

Cool.

I will play the Panthers, who now have DeMarco Murray, Jonathan Stewart, Greg Olsen, DeSean Jackson, Mike Wallace and Kelvin Benjamin on offense. :eek:

Chiefs will give Alex Smith one drive before giving way to Pete Nalen, with Calvin Antwine coming in later. All three RB will get carries.

Live at 10 PM central time.

lewdog 02-13-2016 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12080483)

I just did that.

However, it's still controlling shit on the PS3 in the living room, even though I have it hooked to my computer with a USB port in my office.

lewdog 02-13-2016 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12080898)
I just did that.

However, it's still controlling shit on the PS3 in the living room, even though I have it hooked to my computer with a USB port in my office.

Ok, think I got it. Guess I won't know until I try playing a game.

lewdog 02-14-2016 09:52 AM

I think Nalen looks really good. He's throws a pretty rocket fire deep ball with a lot more accuracy than Antwine. Seems to have a good handle of the play book and makes quicker reads. He's clearly in the driver's seat in the rookie QB competition.

The Franchise 02-14-2016 10:34 AM

I wonder if I could get this to run on my laptop. If I can....I've got something to do on my lunch hour.

lewdog 02-14-2016 08:41 PM

I have got the game download and went into a game. Everything looked fine. However, I cannot get controller use from my PS3 controller working. Not sure how I check it but I followed New World Order's link and did all they asked. Not sure how I get the game to register my controller?

lewdog 02-14-2016 09:05 PM

Oh **** yes!!!! It's working here. Got it down. Weird because it registers as an Xbox controller so the buttons are different but it works great. No lagging and graphics are much better than I expected. I am going to love this. Best $10 I ever spent.

When someone has time I'd love for someone to tell me how to get the updated roster so I can start a franchise after practicing a bit.

lewdog 02-15-2016 05:04 PM

Mals. Game is working great. Want to start a franchise with current rosters. How do I do that?

The Franchise 02-15-2016 05:12 PM

How often do they update the rosters?

lewdog 02-15-2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12083419)
How often do they update the rosters?

That's what I would like to know too.

Plus getting last year's roster to update mine.

MALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lewdog 02-15-2016 06:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzy3dZUds3c

I followed this but went to download what it recommends (MegaSync) and it's just some blank 14 MB document that doesn't even show up. I click on it and it tells me windows can't open the file and to use the web service to find the correct program. Which it then cannot do.

I am not tech savvy and have no idea what any of this means.

lewdog 02-15-2016 08:11 PM

I'm off and running bitches!!!

Smith to Maclin never looked so good!!'

lewdog 02-15-2016 08:13 PM

Can MALS not post?

Why? This is best thread currently on CP.

mnchiefsguy 02-15-2016 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12083794)
I'm off and running bitches!!!

Smith to Maclin never looked so good!!'

How did you do it? I am interested :)

The Franchise 02-15-2016 09:01 PM

Let's hear how you did it.

New World Order 02-15-2016 09:07 PM

Is anyone interested in a Madden online league? We could do a CP league or find another one that's active.

Barret 02-16-2016 02:19 AM

I would be interested. Where can you download Madden 08 from?

Lzen 02-16-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12083914)
Is anyone interested in a Madden online league? We could do a CP league or find another one that's active.

I would love to do that. Used to do one with my work buddies on this same edition of Madden. But I don't know if I have the time these days. Would depend on how often the league advances and what not.

The Franchise 02-16-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barret (Post 12084290)
I would be interested. Where can you download Madden 08 from?

$10 on Amazon.

DJ's left nut 02-16-2016 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12083799)
Can MALS not post?

Why? This is best thread currently on CP.

It would appear that he outed himself.

It took him about 4 hours on the main board to be WAY too Clay-ish and draw the attention of the mods.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

The Franchise 02-16-2016 12:17 PM

It's time for Lewdog to take the reigns and how us how he would handle the first season as the Chiefs GM.

DJ's left nut 02-16-2016 02:20 PM

Complete with Screencaps.

Clay set the model, Lew. It's on you now...

lewdog 02-16-2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12084798)
It would appear that he outed himself.

It took him about 4 hours on the main board to be WAY too Clay-ish and draw the attention of the mods.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Mals is Clay?!?!?!

I had no idea!!!!!!

lewdog 02-16-2016 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12084805)
It's time for Lewdog to take the reigns and how us how he would handle the first season as the Chiefs GM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12085061)
Complete with Screencaps.

Clay set the model, Lew. It's on you now...

Not possible. It took me way too long to figure out how to get the 2015 rosters on the game. No idea you needed to have a product that would unzip files you were downloading. I had to have help doing it all. Can't even begin to tell you what I actually did. I googled roster updates to Madden 2008 and watched online videos. I still messed it up and had to Facebook someone for help.

Game really is awesome though, especially for $10.

The Franchise 02-16-2016 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12085311)
Not possible. It took me way too long to figure out how to get the 2015 rosters on the game. No idea you needed to have a product that would unzip files you were downloading. I had to have help doing it all. Can't even begin to tell you what I actually did. I googled roster updates to Madden 2008 and watched online videos. I still messed it up and had to Facebook someone for help.

Game really is awesome though, especially for $10.

So what are the steps, damnt!??! At least where did you go to get the files?

lewdog 02-16-2016 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12085322)
So what are the steps, damnt!??! At least where did you go to get the files?

I initially followed all the steps in this video to get setup. Once I started playing I realized it was the 2014 roster for some reason!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzy3dZUds3c

Then I went to link below and downloaded the 2015 roster and put that in the Madden 2008 folder titled Rosters.

http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/v...p?f=12&t=17498

Therefore, I am not sure if the first step was needed or if only the last step was needing. I did both and I am up and running.

/not tech savvy

loochy 02-17-2016 08:37 AM

Free the Mals! He was behaving and he posted interesting content!

Pasta Little Brioni 02-17-2016 09:11 AM

Sure ban Mals, but Yet we get "treated" to a billion horrible lil smokey threads :rolleyes:

TLO 02-17-2016 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12086258)
Sure ban Mals, but Yet we get "treated" to a billion horrible lil smokey threads :rolleyes:

My threads are gold

lewdog 02-17-2016 07:45 PM

Hope I'm not the only watching the magic happening in KC!!!!

The Chiefs are plowing through the early part of the season out to a 4-1 records after demolishing the Skins. However, good and bad news came to town with this game.

Reigning Super Bowl MVP, Alex Smith, was blindsided on a block missed from Eric Fisher. Smith went down hard and dislocated his elbow early in the game. The air and energy left the stadium in a momentary glimpse of a possible repeat Super Bowl appearance that went down with the star QB.

However, in non-Chiefs fashion, the team rallied! Rookie Pete Nalen came in and did what no QB has done since Trent Green.....threw the ball like a rocket launcher down the field! Spreading out a total of 5 TD passes in rout of the Skins. The rookie displayed poise in the pocket even with continued pressure on missed blocks from Eric Fisher. Accuracy might not be his finest asset, but taking chances down the field resulted in many big plays.

Could this be the start of a QB controversy brewing in KC?!?!

http://i.imgur.com/TiSTupU.png

http://i.imgur.com/UydCuW4.png

The Franchise 02-18-2016 10:55 AM

Did you contact Clay and get his roster?

lewdog 02-18-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12088246)
Did you contact Clay and get his roster?

No I did not. I started a franchise myself with our original 2015 roster.

The Franchise 02-18-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12088753)
No I did not. I started a franchise myself with our original 2015 roster.

And you ended up drafting the same QB that he drafted?

TLO 02-18-2016 03:24 PM

Can we have Mals back?