ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What do we know about the Titans. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286094)

The Franchise 09-02-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCBRAVE (Post 10873059)
How many Titan games did you catch this preseason? I think the guy is looking like the old RB from ole miss

So now he's looked fierce during a preseason game. Even better...

Pasta Little Brioni 09-02-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10873071)

He musta did a 1 yard gain spinarooni

The Franchise 09-02-2014 10:30 AM

****er looked fierce!

http://blog.vh1.com/files/2007/11/ilny2_5_27.jpg

JCBRAVE 09-02-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10873071)

No, all 4 games, not just 1.

he looks rejuvenated breaking tackles and making DE's look terrible.

you seem bitter he left KC

JCBRAVE 09-02-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10873081)
****er looked fierce!

Id post some links but your site restricts new members

DC.chief 09-02-2014 11:08 AM

http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/assets/48912...ster_Run_3.gif

Sandy Vagina 09-02-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Second-year CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson appears to have won the Titans' right corner job over Coty Sensabaugh.

A revised depth chart released by Tennessee shows Wreh-Wilson ahead of Sensabaugh, with Jason McCourty stationed at left corner. Sensabaugh will be the Titans' nickel back and slot cornerback. Wreh-Wilson is the better target in IDP leagues, although he probably has a DB3 ceiling. Safeties are preferable.
rotoworld

John Dope 09-02-2014 11:11 AM

Avery vs. Blidi Wreh-Wilson is a good match up for us.

I think Avery will get 100 yards.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-02-2014 11:15 AM

Your Titans took our best kicker , a damn fine safety , a promising lineman and our favorite midget. Good luck with that !

John Dope 09-02-2014 11:17 AM

Kelce vs. Pollard seems nice too.

raybec 4 09-02-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCBRAVE (Post 10873086)

We're bitter that he was ever here to begin with. Just remember the ole spin move/fall down tactic. You'll see a ton of it.

DaWolf 09-02-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCBRAVE (Post 10873006)
McCluster has looked really fierce this preseason.

7 carries for 27 yards (3.86 Avg) and 3 catches for 26 yards (8.6 Avg) certainly should excite the masses over there!

That said, we're the Chiefs so he'll have a career day against us and then go back to doing nothing.

Let's not forget Jackie Battle!

DC.chief 09-02-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 10873565)
7 carries for 27 yards (3.86 Avg) and 3 catches for 26 yards (8.6 Avg) certainly should excite the masses over there!

That said, we're the Chiefs so he'll have a career day against us and then go back to doing nothing.

Let's not forget Jackie Battle!

Old battle has apparently turned into a pretty good fullback over there

Titan43 09-02-2014 02:40 PM

Titans fan here...

A lot of people are excited about the addition of DMC. Not necessarily because of what he did in KC, but just bc of the pairing of him and Ken Whisenhunt after seeing what Whiz did in SD with Woodhead (esp catching out of the backfield, which is something the Titans had struggled with) ... No one was really all that excited about him has a rusher, but he did look alright in preseason running the ball.

Titan43 09-02-2014 02:43 PM

And all this talk about Locker sucking ... This kid can play. We started seeing it in the beginning of last year when Locker started the season 3-1, committing 0 turnovers in that game, putting up some very good numbers as well. The only knock on Locker right now is his ability to stay healthy (which concerns me too) But as far as week 1 is concerned, he will be 100% healthy.

And when healthy, this guy looks like a legit 1st round pick (accuracy concerns are WAY over hyped by the media) ... he just has barely been on the field, so only Titan fans have seen it.

Discuss Thrower 09-02-2014 02:45 PM

Okay, we have our token Titans poster who doesn't appear to be a troll.

Motion to shutoff new user registrations until the Bye at the earliest.

Titan43 09-02-2014 02:50 PM

as for WRs ... the feeling in TN right now is that we could have one of the most explosive groups in the NFL at the position (just a matter of having a healthy QB to get the ball to them).

But Kendall Wright was a legit #1 last year, and posted a 1,000 yard season last year (with Ryan Fitztragic throwing the ball no less). And he looks like he is even better this year.

Nate Washington is as solid as any #2 in this league and is still capable of making big plays.

Hunter though, is the guy that everyone in Nashville has their eyes on ... this kid has elite type of talent, and appears to be making big strides in development from year 1 to year 2. This is a guy that the Titans gave up a 2nd rd and 3rd rd pick to get (at 34 overall), and really appears to be on the cusp of breaking through.

John Dope 09-02-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titan43 (Post 10873700)
And all this talk about Locker sucking ... This kid can play. We started seeing it in the beginning of last year when Locker started the season 3-1, committing 0 turnovers in that game, putting up some very good numbers as well. The only knock on Locker right now is his ability to stay healthy (which concerns me too) But as far as week 1 is concerned, he will be 100% healthy.

And when healthy, this guy looks like a legit 1st round pick (accuracy concerns are WAY over hyped by the media) ... he just has barely been on the field, so only Titan fans have seen it.

1. He hasn't ever played in Arrowhead.

2. He hasn't seen a pass rush like ours.

3. You are one of the few teams whose skill players might be worse overall than ours.

I think it's going to be a tough day for Locker.

Titan43 09-02-2014 02:52 PM

Defense is another story though ....

Question marks all over the place with the transition to a 3-4. Also corner is looking pretty bleak right now as well. I really am concerned with nearly every position on the D right now (save McCourty and Casey)

Titan43 09-02-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10873724)

3. You are one of the few teams whose skill players might be worse overall than ours.

Thats the thing though ... The skill position is actually one of the most promising parts of this team. Hunter and Wright appear to be a great combo.

RB is a little murky (with Greene as the starter), but everyone is hoping good things will come from Sankey (1st RB taken in the draft). DMC is like our wild card. Hoping to see him catch some passes out of the back field and play a "danny woodhead" like role that Whiz had in SD last year.

Also, last year the Titans had probably the worst group of coaching in franchise history (maybe even in NFL history lol).

Literally the LB coach had been coaching HS the year before. Munchack was never qualified to be anything more than a OL coach, and I think our OC could barely read ... it was really bad. I think we will see a lot more out of this team with a new coaching staff.

I'm sure you guys can relate when you went from terrible coaching to quality coaching last year

Simply Red 09-02-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titan43 (Post 10873736)

Question marks all over the place with the transition to a 3-4. Also corner is looking pretty bleak right now as well. I really am concerned with nearly every position on the D right now (save McCourty and Casey)

you seem nice.

ThaVirus 09-02-2014 03:10 PM

Who are the Titans LBs?

J Diddy 09-02-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10873216)
Kelce vs. Pollard seems nice too.

Bonecrusher scares me. He's got a history of hurting players in such a way that it ****s us (in particular Brady which led to the rise of Matt) and Kelce has an injury history

Easy 6 09-02-2014 04:33 PM

They better not let this Hunter kid pull a T.Y. Hilton on us.

carcosa 09-02-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 10873199)

Who the hell is that and what have they done with Dexter McCluster???

John Dope 09-02-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 10873787)
Bonecrusher scares me. He's got a history of hurting players in such a way that it ****s us (in particular Brady which led to the rise of Matt) and Kelce has an injury history

I've always liked the guy. I hated to see him go. I didn't see it like that with Kelce. I guess I see Kelce leaving him in the dust.

Mav 09-02-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titan43 (Post 10873736)

According to one dude here your secondary is all world.

Direckshun 09-03-2014 12:04 AM

Why'd you let Verner walk?

Stad 09-03-2014 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCBRAVE (Post 10873086)

No one is bitter lol, he was the whipping boy around here. Plus we have this kid now to replace him.

http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2...if?w=450&h=261

salame 09-03-2014 02:13 AM

i'm not very high on Vince Young

OldSchool 09-03-2014 02:32 AM

Quote:

You are wrong on the skills players thing dude. Wright, Washington, and Hunter alone are way better than what we have at WR. I'd trade our entire WR group for just those 3 players and pick up some scrubs from practice squads to fill the other 2/3 spots, it would still be a lot better than what we have.

WeathermanKumke 09-03-2014 03:55 AM

Chiefs win 38-3. Chiefs defense sacks locker 5 times. Charles rushes for 180 with 3 TDs. DeAnthony Thomas gets his first Recieving TD and Hussian Abdullah gets a 37 yard pick 6. Carlos santos hits a 43 yard FG in the 3rd

DC.chief 09-03-2014 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10875557)

I think they gave Vern a similar offer to the Bucs but he chose them. Perhaps it was a little more money. Or maybe homie just loves Tampa

JCBRAVE 09-03-2014 08:53 AM

Quote:

verner left on his own, we offered him an extension, he prefers lovie smiths defense in tampa to Horton's in Tennessee

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-03-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeathermanKumke (Post 10875580)
Chiefs win 38-3. Chiefs defense sacks locker 5 times. Charles rushes for 180 with 3 TDs. DeAnthony Thomas gets his first Recieving TD and Hussian Abdullah gets a 37 yard pick 6. Carlos santos hits a 43 yard FG in the 3rd

I'm all in on that but what I want to know is can you also predict the weather ?

Titan43 09-03-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Titans didn't really 'let him walk' per se ... Titans made him a good offer, but he chose TB instead. But I think there were multiple things that lead to that decision.

1) Speculation is that Verner may have felt a little disrespected since last camp the Titans put him in a competition with Tommie Campbell (who is now cut), and it appeared the coaching staff did all they could to give Tommie the job (although that was a different staff)

2) I think the coaches over estimated what our young corners could do. Everyone was high on Sensabaugh and Blidi-Wreh, so they probably weren't that concerned about losing Verner (until camp started and they didn't look so good anymore)

3) Verner wasn't a great scheme fit. We will probably be playing more man, and Vern was a better zone type player. Smallish and slower, but very smart and just had a great knack for putting himself in the right position and diagnosing plays

milkman 09-03-2014 09:14 AM

The next tackle that Dexter McCluster breaks will be the first.

In that gif, he isn't breaking tackles.
That's some outstanding blocking.

But, with any vision, he has one cut to his left at the line to find himself with open space and at least a 20 yard gain.

Dexter McCluster is a mediocre talent.

No vision, no speed, no elusiveness, and no power.

jd1020 09-03-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10875897)
The next tackle that Dexter McCluster breaks will be the first.

In that gif, he isn't breaking tackles.
That's some outstanding blocking.

But, with any vision, he has one cut to his left at the line to find himself with open space and at least a 20 yard gain.

You must have missed him run over the Packers defender that came up to tackle him after he ran into the back of his lineman.

ShocktheWorld 09-03-2014 09:49 AM

Hey folks, another Titan fan here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10865033)
No point in putting this 5-11 season off any longer.

Let's talk about our first opponent. Who I happen to know nothing about.

First up, their QB position is manned by Jake Locker. Locker actually looked okay on his time on the field.

Their RB corps is alright. They've got Shonn Green, who nobody gives a shit about. But they've also got rookie Bishop Sankey, and from the sounds of it, they love him. They also have Leon Washington, who I've always been a big fan of.

It's well known at this point that the Chiefs have the league's worst WR corps. However, the Titans come close: Kendall Wright is your only surefire #2 caliber WR. Nate Washington, Dexter McCluster, and Justin Hunter are all #3 caliber. Delanie Walker is their only tight end worth anything.

Their line is pretty damn good, however. Roos is a Top Ten left tackle (that Hali nonetheless took to school recently), Levitre and Warmack are quality guards, Schwenke is a good center and Oher is fairly consistent at RT. Add into the fact that Locker is difficult to chase down, and it's going to be tough sledding for the passrushers.

On defense, they're alright. They've got a lot of guys who are decent starters, and guys that would be elite backups.

We know as well as anybody that Ropati Pitoitua is not a world beater, but Jurrell Casey on the other side is pretty good. Sammie Lee Hill at the nose is a bear to move off the ball.

Derrick Morgan and Kamerion Wimbley are their rushbackers, with Akeem Ayers rotating in. That's a solid if unspectacular group of passrushers -- it will be a good warmup for Eric Fisher before he gets skull****ed by DeMarcus Ware. Zach Brown and Wesley Woodyard are their ILBs.

It's well known that the Chiefs have the worst secondary in the NFL with Berry missing time, but the Titans come close. Coty Sensabaugh and Jason McCourty are their starters at the position -- yeaahhhhh...

Their safeties are Michael Griffin and Bernard Pollard. Tennessee is where disappointing Chiefs go to die, apparently.

They have Rob Bironas, who outside of Roos is like the only other elite talent on this team.

Locker is an above-average, not great, QB.... when he's actually on the field. It's tough not to like the guy but if you can't stay on the field what good are you? I wouldn't bet more than a nickel that he plays all 16 games.

I'm happy with our RBs. We don't have any legit stars but we have 3 guys in Greene, Sankey, and McCluster who all bring something different to the table and we should be able to get it done on the ground by RBBC. Obviously you guys are more familiar with McCluster than we are but I like what we've seen so far in preseason. But.... preseason.

I think you underrate our WR group but can totally understand why you would. Our passing game will surprise people this year. I won't be shocked if Wright develops into a legit #1 type WR this year. Considering we had Fitzpatrick playing QB most of last year it's an amazing accomplishment Wright even managed to get 1,000 yards. Hunter is going to be very, very good. He still has a lot to learn but has looked great in preseason. Washington may not be elite but is the definition of solid and reliable. Any team would be lucky to have him.

On paper, we have one of the better OLs in the league. Of course that was the case last year too and they still disappointed. But we will no doubt be much better this year. Amazing how two HoF OLman (Munchak and Matthews) could field such pathetic OLs but they somehow managed it.

Defense..... ugh. I don't even want to talk about it. It's gonna be tough to watch. I know it was only preseason but we've been getting zero pressure on the QB and can't tackle to save our lives. If we can't fix the tackling issues Charles could single-handedly win this game for your guys.

For everyone saying Succop was a terrible pickup.... trust me, you didn't see what we were working with prior to his signing.

JCBRAVE 09-03-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10875897)

s882.photobucket.com/user/codybraverman/media/dexshake_zpsbcced4f2.gif.html?sort=3&o=1

Titan43 09-03-2014 10:30 AM

If the Chiefs want to win this game, they need to rely on the TEs and RB IMO ... The Titans might not be able to stop either.

I really think that the Titans will go into this game with the plan to sell out to stop the run early on D, and take advantage of the WR/secondary matchups on O. They will want to score points quickly to force KC to abandon the run (since they can't stop it). The Titans corners aren't great, but I just dont think the coaches will be scared of Alex Smith and no Bowe.

If chiefs D can hold the Titans O and play ball control, then KC will win ... if Titans can get the passing going early, then Titans win.

But look for KC to score on their opening possession ... every team in preseason scored a TD on the opening drive

RealSNR 09-03-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titan43 (Post 10876057)

If chiefs D can hold the Titans O and play ball control, then KC will win

We can't, so we won't.

KC native 09-03-2014 11:56 AM

EYE KNOW DAT TEH TETONS WILL KICK DA CHUEFS AZZEZ!

Titan43 09-07-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

1. Arrow head ... where all the fans leave early when their team still has a chance

2. Got to Locker more than I liked, but didnt seem to rattle him

3. want to rethink that?

cmh6476 09-07-2014 03:55 PM

19-0

Rausch 09-07-2014 03:56 PM

We know they're a better team than KC and they still won't make the playoffs...

Hammock Parties 09-07-2014 04:11 PM

Remember when Direckshun thought Jason McCourty was a jag.

LMAO

carcosa 09-07-2014 04:14 PM

Eddie George could have scored a few TDs on us today

Setsuna 09-07-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10865737)
we'll beat Tennessee guys. That much I'm pretty sure of. I'll handle the Game thread.

Dumb

Hammock Parties 09-07-2014 04:26 PM

Just looked at Jake Locker's game logs.

Today's game was his 4th highest QB rating ever. LMAO

carcosa 09-07-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10890794)
Dumb

be nice

RealSNR 09-07-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10866194)
I remember sucking AIDS in the preseason just like this in 2011 and 2012.

People said, "Well, at least we play Buffalo. That should get our confidence back."

I see the same thing happening with the Titans here. And I don't think it's going to be pretty at all.

38-17 Titans. It's going to be that bad.

Where you at, Baby Lee? Come give me a kiss.

Molitoth 09-07-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titan43 (Post 10890584)
1. Arrow head ... where all the fans leave early when their team still has a chance

2. Got to Locker more than I liked, but didnt seem to rattle him

3. want to rethink that?

Only the idiots on this board were smack talking and thinking this was an easy win. The chiefs had a terrible off season, a terrible pre-season, and now a terrible way to start the regular season with the long term extension of Alex Smith, and losing DJ for the year.

Good luck this year Titans fan, it must be nice to have something positive to look forward to.

Reerun_KC 09-07-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10890798)
Just looked at Jake Locker's game logs.

Today's game was his 4th highest QB rating ever. LMAO

Sutton is pure shit.

Rausch 09-07-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10890859)
Sutton is pure shit.

The defense was on the field the whole game.

Offense only managed a TD in garbage time...