ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fox Fall 2013: Sleepy Hollow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273051)

Raiderhater 09-24-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10014089)
LMAO

So, Ichabod is going to wear clothes from the 1770's throughout the program? And why the heavy handed music? And zombie witches?

LMAO

Yeah, I'm officially done with it. Someone else said it and I completely agree that it is basically a twist on Buffy. I can get that fix from Buffy. Not to mention Buffy > Ichabod Crane in the hawtness catagory.

007 09-24-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10014089)
LMAO

So, Ichabod is going to wear clothes from the 1770's throughout the program? And why the heavy handed music? And zombie witches?

LMAO

Yeah, that was bugging the shit out of me too. Give the man some normal clothes, his speech is enough to remind us he isn't from our time.

mr. tegu 09-24-2013 08:17 AM

Everything is way too convenient and easy for the characters to figure out. The mystery/suspense element is pretty weak when every time something strange or mysterious happens they get the clue right away and comes to a conclusion ten minutes later.

Raiderhater 09-24-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10014682)
Yeah, that was bugging the shit out of me too. Give the man some normal clothes, his speech is enough to remind us he isn't from our time.

If the pale rider can upgrade from battke axe to assault rifles, Ichabod should be able to get some modern threads.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 10014746)
If the pale rider can upgrade from battke axe to assault rifles, Ichabod should be able to get some modern threads.

It's a great premise but the producers have chosen a dopey supernatural, heavy handed approach. Had they gone with a lighter tone and more of a historical procedural, it may have had a chance. As it stands, I can't see this making it past October.

Also, every music cue felt like either Alcatraz or Fringe leftovers. Overall it's just blah.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2013 12:02 PM

The ratings dropped 11%. It'll be interesting to see the numbers next Monday.

Raiderhater 09-24-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10015000)
It's a great premise but the producers have chosen a dopey supernatural, heavy handed approach. Had they gone with a lighter tone and more of a historical procedural, it may have had a chance. As it stands, I can't see this making it past October.

Also, every music cue felt like either Alcatraz or Fringe leftovers. Overall it's just blah.

Agreed completely. I could see it maybe going through October as Halloween approaches and people start wanting to watch more stuff along that theme. But I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't even make that. The story line and writing is that bad, IMO.

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2013 12:04 AM

LMAO

I just subjected myself to the first seven minutes.

Good grief.

It it lasts until next week, it would be a miracle.

I'm not sure I've seen a worse first few weeks, ever. At least in a decade or more.

mr. tegu 10-01-2013 07:06 AM

I don't even know if it ever came on here on SureWest. The were having some technical difficulties and at around 8:20 is still wasn't on so we just went to something else. The HD channel was just black and the regular channel just had the Fox logo in the middle of the screen and nothing else.

That being said I wasn't even that excited to watch it anyways given the direction it has gone. I thought this show really had potential which is why it is one of the rare shows I wanted to start off with from the beginning.

kcxiv 10-02-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10015387)
The ratings dropped 11%. It'll be interesting to see the numbers next Monday.

Barely dropped and still number one in their time slot with a 3.0. Don't think this show is going anywhere.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10039924)
Barely dropped and still number one in their time slot with a 3.0. Don't think this show is going anywhere.

It's going off my record list.

mr. tegu 10-02-2013 07:24 AM

I just caught the third episode. It was so silly that the Native American had all these things for the sleeping ritual just all ready to go.

And no, a 14 year old girl or whatever age they were, would not be sent to an insane asylum for saying she saw a demon/monster in the woods.

lcarus 10-02-2013 07:53 AM

They can show the promo for this stupid show a thousand more times during football and I still won't wanna watch it. Give it up already Fox

PhillyChiefFan 10-02-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10040101)
I just caught the third episode. It was so silly that the Native American had all these things for the sleeping ritual just all ready to go.

And no, a 14 year old girl or whatever age they were, would not be sent to an insane asylum for saying she saw a demon/monster in the woods.

ROFL

Uh yea. My wife and I were laughing about that too.

"I saw a monster in the woods."

"Ok, off to the nut house then. Enjoy!"

Frosty 10-02-2013 09:00 AM

I thought she said that the sister was moved to a different foster home because of the monster story and ended up in the nut house only after she stole the survivalist gear because the end of the world was coming? :shrug:

mr. tegu 10-02-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10040341)
I thought she said that the sister was moved to a different foster home because of the monster story and ended up in the nut house only after she stole the survivalist gear because the end of the world was coming? :shrug:

I don't know if that is the case. I just went back and watched a little bit. When Crane talks to her about seeing the demon she said, "you get locked up for saying things like you saw a demon which is why I am in here and she is out there." Also, when they are doing their investigation, she is speaking to the psychologists on the video so at that point she was already getting mental help. I don't recall the survivalist stuff.

keg in kc 10-02-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10040341)
I thought she said that the sister was moved to a different foster home because of the monster story and ended up in the nut house only after she stole the survivalist gear because the end of the world was coming?

That's what I understood as well.

Frosty 10-02-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10040433)
I don't know if that is the case. I just went back and watched a little bit. When Crane talks to her about seeing the demon she said, "you get locked up for saying things like you saw a demon which is why I am in here and she is out there." Also, when they are doing their investigation, she is speaking to the psychologists on the video so at that point she was already getting mental help. I don't recall the survivalist stuff.

When they went to visit the sister, Crane asks if they lock up all of their criminals in asylums. Abbie tells him that the sister went there after she broke into a sporting goods store and stole $4000 work of survivalist gear because the end of the world was coming.

Regardless, it is poorly explained and the scene with the cops dragging the sister out of the interrogation room was over the top and unrealistic, or course.

Frosty 10-02-2013 09:58 AM

I'm still watching for now anyway.

Guilty pleasure.

mr. tegu 10-02-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10040483)
When they went to visit the sister, Crane asks if they lock up all of their criminals in asylums. Abbie tells him that the sister went there after she broke into a sporting goods store and stole $4000 work of survivalist gear because the end of the world was coming.

Regardless, it is poorly explained and the scene with the cops dragging the sister out of the interrogation room was over the top and unrealistic, or course.

Interesting. It seems though one could take that she was locked up in the asylum this time as an adult because of that stealing event which would have been after her initial lockup when she was young because they did say she was in and out of them all the time. Unless we are supposed to think that the stealing was what prompted her initial lockup in the first place.

It was definitely poor explained, especially confusing was the forceful dragging her out of the interrogation room which kind of implies they are taking her to a sanitarium.

Frosty 10-02-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10040521)
It was definitely poor explained, especially confusing was the forceful dragging her out of the interrogation room which kind of implies they are taking her to a sanitarium.

I imagine that if a girl disappeared for four days and then came back insisting she had seen demons while she was gone, she would at least have some psych counseling before returning to her foster family. Probably wouldn't happen to a kid not in the foster system.

Look at me trying to make sense of this show. LMAO It's TV's version of a popcorn flick. Turn your brain off and enjoy the cool monsters. :D

mr. tegu 10-02-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10040535)
I imagine that if a girl disappeared for four days and then came back insisting she had seen demons while she was gone, she would at least have some psych counseling before returning to her foster family. Probably wouldn't happen to a kid not in the foster system.

Look at me trying to make sense of this show. LMAO It's TV's version of a popcorn flick. Turn your brain off and enjoy the cool monsters. :D

Yeah I agree. I think I have been a little hard on it because I was expecting something a little deeper with more substance going in. I will continue watching for now though.

Frosty 10-02-2013 10:24 AM

I didn't really have any expectations, so it's hard to be disappointed. A lot of shows in this genre are silly and hokey at first (Supernatural comes to mind) and then get better. I doubt FOX gives it enough time to do that, though.

whoman69 10-02-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10040573)
I didn't really have any expectations, so it's hard to be disappointed. A lot of shows in this genre are silly and hokey at first (Supernatural comes to mind) and then get better. I doubt FOX gives it enough time to do that, though.

I'm getting that 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo vibe. Are they really planning on seven years of monster of the week?

underEJ 10-02-2013 01:23 PM

Just watched the first of this off my dvr and the only things I like about it are the Ichabod Crane character and visually, the horseman itself, sans the apocalyptic story stuff. I agree with most everything said here. Great premise that is not getting its due. Why waste this literary character on modern apocalypse nonsense. There is real historical evidence of apocalyptic movement concurrent to the American Revolution. If you are going to go there, go all the way there.

whoman69 10-03-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 10041069)
Just watched the first of this off my dvr and the only things I like about it are the Ichabod Crane character and visually, the horseman itself, sans the apocalyptic story stuff. I agree with most everything said here. Great premise that is not getting its due. Why waste this literary character on modern apocalypse nonsense. There is real historical evidence of apocalyptic movement concurrent to the American Revolution. If you are going to go there, go all the way there.

Period pieces don't play well on TV anymore.

keg in kc 10-03-2013 12:27 PM

Woah. Already renewed for season 2. That's not very Fox-like.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...by-fox/206774/

Frazod 10-03-2013 12:45 PM

I'm two episodes behind now, and based on what I'm reading I don't even know if I'll bother watching them.

keg in kc 10-03-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10043518)
I'm two episodes behind now, and based on what I'm reading I don't even know if I'll bother watching them.

It hasn't been that bad.

kcxiv 10-03-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10043425)
Woah. Already renewed for season 2. That's not very Fox-like.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...by-fox/206774/

because its number 1 viewed show in its time slot, why would they kill a show when its leading in the ratings? The drop offs from the show have somewhat leveled out. Unless it goes really bad all of a sudden, it was a given on the renewal. 3.0 and 9million people viewing isnt bad at all

kcxiv 10-03-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10040101)

she would if the town was crooked which it is, and the people running the town know about all this supernatural stuff.

keg in kc 10-03-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10043838)
because its number 1 viewed show in its time slot, why would they kill a show when its leading in the ratings? The drop offs from the show have somewhat leveled out. Unless it goes really bad all of a sudden, it was a given on the renewal. 3.0 and 9million people viewing isnt bad at all

No doubt, it's just a very, very early renewal.

NBC did the same thing with Revolution last fall, and the bottom dropped out of that show's ratings during the 2nd half of the year. I could see something similar happening here, although I think Sleepy Hollow has been better than Revolution was.

007 10-03-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10043518)

Well if it means anything, I have liked it so far.

007 10-03-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10043888)
No doubt, it's just a very, very early renewal.

NBC did the same thing with Revolution last fall, and the bottom dropped out of that show's ratings during the 2nd half of the year. I could see something similar happening here, although I think Sleepy Hollow has been better than Revolution was.

NBC shot themselves in the foot by putting the show on hiatus for FOUR ****ing months.

I wish networks would just do what fox eventually did with 24 and air the episodes non stop.

DaneMcCloud 10-03-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10043938)

And I deleted it in my series manager.

:D

DaneMcCloud 10-03-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10043943)

I wish networks would just do what fox eventually did with 24 and air the episodes non stop.

That requires a shit ton of money, a huge audience, cast members that don't mind working non-stop for months AND be immediately available for re-shoots.

It's just not very feasible.

007 10-03-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10043958)
That requires a shit ton of money, a huge audience, cast members that don't mind working non-stop for months AND be immediately available for re-shoots.

It's just not very feasible.

I understand that. Its just a wish is all. I hate long hiatuses.

keg in kc 10-03-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

NBC shot themselves in the foot by putting the show on hiatus for FOUR ****ing months.

That's a valid argument, but I think Revolution in general was just a bad show. I know I quit watching long before the hiatus. I tried to sit through the finale in May, and thought it was just awful. I haven't watched any of this season, so I don't know what may or may not have changed.

DaneMcCloud 10-03-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10043961)
I understand that. Its just a wish is all. I hate long hiatuses.

I get it. These days, I find it far more enjoyable to watch an entire season or seasons on consecutive nights as opposed to once a week.

I watched 24, the first two seasons of Lost, season two of Homeland and Justified's first three seasons on consecutive nights and found them far more enjoyable than once a week for 13 or 24 weeks.

keg in kc 10-03-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10043979)
I get it. These days, I find it far more enjoyable to watch an entire season or seasons on consecutive nights as opposed to once a week.

I watched 24, the first two seasons of Lost, season two of Homeland and Justified's first three seasons on consecutive nights and found them far more enjoyable than once a week for 13 or 24 weeks.

A lot of us do that. I know I currently have the full season for GoT (still) waiting on my DVR. Recently watched all of The Wire and Deadwood on HBOGo.

With me it started in the late 90s, when the combination of video codec technology and greater bandwidth led to the ability to start downloading (not legally, then...) larger format stuff. I think the introduction of DVD was big as well, giving you the ability to have a full season or even series on a small, easy-to-store medium (and many of these were ripped onto the internet - you didn't have to be able to convert VHS to a digital format...). Now with DVR and streaming and Blu-ray there's really no reason to limit yourself to a network schedule. And I think a big part of it is also the change we've seen in the same time frame to a more serial kind of storytelling on television. There are less self-contained shows (or dramas at least) and more shows where you're invested week-to-week in a season-long ongoing arc. Which I think plays better in a single-sitting or viewing over a few days, rather than stretching it over 8 or 9 months.

Call me impatient. :)

Hell, even with the stuff I watch regularly, a lot of the time I'll wait and watch a month's worth of episodes at once, rather than watching every week. Doing it with The Bridge today, in fact.

007 10-03-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10043979)

I would like to do that but I hate being a year behind on my shows.

Deberg_1990 10-03-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

A lot of shows are doing that split season format now. Walking Dead is one of them. If the show is good, the audience will come back. Revolution lost its audience because it sucks.

keg in kc 10-03-2013 04:45 PM

Good shows can lose audience that way, too. Not a network show, but that was one of the reasons Battlestar Galactica's ratings struggled from season to season. I think USA has it figured out, they're giving all their (established) shows longer seasons and breaking them up so they aren't off the air longer than a few months.

keg in kc 10-03-2013 04:55 PM

Lost in this is that Sleepy Hollow didn't get an order for a back 9, they're sticking with 13 eps, and the 2nd season order is also 13. So cable-length, like Hannibal. Interesting.

Add to this the straight-to-series order for Gotham, and the announcement that David Tennant will be starring on Fox in a US version of Broadchurch (also a short season), and Fox is getting a jump on putting next season together already.

007 10-03-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10044324)
Lost in this is that Sleepy Hollow didn't get an order for a back 9, they're sticking with 13 eps, and the 2nd season order is also 13. So cable-length, like Hannibal. Interesting.

Add to this the straight-to-series order for Gotham, and the announcement that David Tennant will be starring on Fox in a US version of Broadchurch (also a short season), and Fox is getting a jump on putting next season together already.

I would be OK with 13 ep seasons if they will air them 13 weeks in a row.

chiefsfan987 10-04-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10043938)

I like it too. I was actually surprised so many on here have given it such negative reviews.

whoman69 10-07-2013 10:29 PM

I thought tonight's episode was a little better. It had a bit of the National Treasure feel and more detective work involved.

007 10-08-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 10062553)
I thought tonight's episode was a little better. It had a bit of the National Treasure feel and more detective work involved.

Yeah, it did have more of a NT feel to it but the CGI.... ugh. LMAO

whoman69 10-08-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10062743)
Yeah, it did have more of a NT feel to it but the CGI.... ugh. LMAO

You're too pampered. Story is much more important than visual bells and whistles.

007 10-08-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 10062988)
You're too pampered. Story is much more important than visual bells and whistles.

Oh I agree, but that ending CGI was just LMAO

whoman69 10-08-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10064353)
Oh I agree, but that ending CGI was just LMAO

You're talking to a guy who's been watching Dr. Who for 30 years.

mr. tegu 10-11-2013 07:19 AM

I finally got around to watching the most recent episode last night. It was significantly better than the previous two episodes. I liked the National Treasure feel and integrating the past from Crane's time into the present.

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2013 11:41 AM

I realized I hadn't deleted this program from the DVR and watched an episode from 2 weeks ago.

Good grief, how did this awful program get a full season order?

Frosty 10-22-2013 01:36 PM

The three week break for the show might be a major mistake. It wouldn't surprise me if they lose a lot of viewers.

keg in kc 10-22-2013 02:26 PM

Fox logic: put a show about witches and apocalyptic evil on haitus around Halloween.

007 10-23-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10114227)
Fox logic: put a show about witches and apocalyptic evil on haitus around Halloween.

No kidding.

Cheater5 10-23-2013 06:20 AM

My wife likes this show, and I find myself staring at the ceiling, petting the dog, or picking up the iPad while we 'watch'. It really disappoints me that she digs it.

I think she just likes Ichabod Crane...

whoman69 10-23-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10114227)

They have to cover the WS. Its the same reason why the Halloween Episode of the Simpsons gets shown so early.

keg in kc 10-23-2013 07:44 AM

That's true.

Frazod 10-23-2013 08:59 AM

Still watching, but I'm a couple of weeks behind.

Does he ever change his clothes? I mean, that one outfit he's wearing must be a little gamy after 230 years.

Frosty 10-23-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10116143)
Still watching, but I'm a couple of weeks behind.

Does he ever change his clothes? I mean, that one outfit he's wearing must be a little gamy after 230 years.

In the preview for when the show comes back, Abbie says something about him needing new clothes.

It bugged me at first that he was still wearing the old clothes but then it occurred to me that he had absolutely no money. The police department is housing and feeding him but I don't know if they are planning on paying him.

Frazod 11-07-2013 06:31 PM

Who's still watching this? I finally got caught up.

I enjoyed the casting of Craig Parker (Glaber from Spartacus) as an evil Banastre Tarleton. He makes a great sneering villain.

Still silly, but I'm still watching.

chiefsfan987 11-07-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10168290)

I enjoyed the casting of Craig Parker (Glaber from Spartacus) as an evil Banastre Tarleton. He makes a great sneering villain.

I'm still watching though I agree with others who said it was a bad idea to take that break. If you miss a couple weeks you start to find other things to watch. Hopefully there are no more of them.

ChiefsFanatic 11-07-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10168290)

I ma still watching.

Aries Walker 11-08-2013 08:05 PM

As am I. I'm eating it up, too. It may not be the BEST show on television, but it's the one I'm enjoying the most.

Evil Tarleton was brilliant.

frankotank 11-13-2013 01:35 PM

yeah still watching. not a great show....hope it gets better.
something keeps me hanging around....

http://i0.wp.com/www.onthesceneny.co...inal.jpg?w=900

http://sosickwithit.com/wp-content/u...-ESQUIRE-2.jpg

Mr. Laz 11-19-2013 03:39 PM

Fox's Sleepy Hollow renewed for a second season

Mr. Laz 11-19-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10184148)
yeah still watching. not a great show....hope it gets better.
something keeps me hanging around....

[IMG]h]

http://www.gifti.me/i/6cA4Cm.jpg

Frazod 11-19-2013 03:47 PM

I really like this show.

The episode before last, when they were talking about Paul Revere, I paused the show and explained to my wife how there were two riders that night, the second guy road much further than Revere, and also that he never yelled out "the British are coming!" since they were, at the time, all British. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Crane relayed the incident correctly.

This show reminds me a bit of the BOOK Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, which also weaved fantasy around historical events. Too bad the movie was such a steaming pile of shit.

keg in kc 11-19-2013 03:53 PM

I think I'm about 6 weeks behind now. I may never catch up.

DaneMcCloud 11-19-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10205519)

Hubba hubba

DaneMcCloud 11-19-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10205521)
I really like this show.

The episode before last, when they were talking about Paul Revere, I paused the show and explained to my wife how there were two riders that night, the second guy road much further than Revere, and also that he never yelled out "the British are coming!" since they were, at the time, all British. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Crane relayed the incident correctly.

This show reminds me a bit of the BOOK Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, which also weaved fantasy around historical events. Too bad the movie was such a steaming pile of shit.

I could really get into it if it weren't for the silly supernatural stuff.

That said, you've made a great point: I would LOVE to see a network series that dealt with daily life of citizens in Philly, Boston or New York starting in 1773.

A show like that would have enormous potential, IMO, especially if it was historically accurate.

Frazod 11-19-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10205557)
I could really get into it if it weren't for the silly supernatural stuff.

That said, you've made a great point: I would LOVE to see a network series that dealt with daily life of citizens in Philly, Boston or New York starting in 1773.

A show like that would have enormous potential, IMO, especially if it was historically accurate.

That would be a show smart people are interested in, and as you are aware, we can't even get those on History Channel anymore.

keg in kc 11-19-2013 04:47 PM

I think that would put me to sleep.

Although I do watch other period stuff like Copper (now canceled) and Hell on Wheels.

Frazod 11-19-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10205643)

Although I do watch other period stuff like Copper (now canceled) and Hell on Wheels.

I think the best we can hope for is the occasional miniseries like John Adams.

Aries Walker 11-19-2013 05:47 PM

If Rome, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, The Tudors, and The Borgias can all be hits, a Revolution-era drama with similarly good writing and production can make it at least as long, especially since it would be much cheaper to produce than most of those.

The main problems are that most people equate the Revolution with wholesomeness, which they equate to it being boring. Also, there weren't many prominent women at the time. But, you can always weave a story around the facts which makes up for those, much like each of those shows did.

And if you really want one out there, you can always write it.

Mother****erJones 11-19-2013 08:18 PM

Show is kinda cool. And yes Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter the book was awesome. Movie I liked but thought it'd be better

DaneMcCloud 11-19-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10205643)

If you mixed the British with the Founding Fathers and the secrecy of the Masons along with intrigue, top secret missions and plans, etc. it could be very cool.

But alas, Frazod is right: There would be a very limited demographic because it would be a show about smart people that would likely only appeal to smart people, who seems to be a diminishing species.

From my POV, it would have to be a show in which someone was thrown back in time to witness historic events or it would need to be a split series with someone in the present looking for clues about something in the early 1770's.

007 11-20-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10206439)
If you mixed the British with the Founding Fathers and the secrecy of the Masons along with intrigue, top secret missions and plans, etc. it could be very cool.

But alas, Frazod is right: There would be a very limited demographic because it would be a show about smart people that would likely only appeal to smart people, who seems to be a diminishing species.

From my POV, it would have to be a show in which someone was thrown back in time to witness historic events or it would need to be a split series with someone in the present looking for clues about something in the early 1770's.

Sounds perfect. Too bad it will never happen.

keg in kc 11-20-2013 07:34 AM

It's not "the voice" enough to make it on the airwaves.