ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D....this fall on ABC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272969)

DaneMcCloud 10-20-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10090237)
Tonight's seemed like the weakest so far to me.

I actually think the opposite: While I enjoyed the second episode of the season best so far, the team is beginning to build chemistry. We're also learning that Coulson's transformation is likely deeper than first thought.

And Bear is killing the score. He's the best TV composer in the business and by a wide margin, IMO.

Deberg_1990 10-20-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10101240)
Internet viewership? That doesn't generate income

What about ABC.com? Or pay sites like Amazon....doesn't that generate money for ABC?

DaneMcCloud 10-20-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10101347)
What about ABC.com? Or pay sites like Amazon....doesn't that generate money for ABC?

Not much. Advertisers aren't paying hundreds of thousands per spot. It's more like 1/10000th of a penny per play.

For example, one million hits on YouTube generates less than $3500 dollars so even at 10 million views, you're looking $35k. That's nothing.

I don't know Amazon's fee structure but I assume it's similar to Apple's iTunes, which takes 35% of all downloads.

keg in kc 10-20-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10101251)
I actually think the opposite: While I enjoyed the second episode of the season best so far, the team is beginning to build chemistry. We're also learning that Coulson's transformation is likely deeper than first thought.

And Bear is killing the score. He's the best TV composer in the business and by a wide margin, IMO.

I thought the guest actress was pretty bad.

The team chemistry is getting better, but I expected that. It's the hallmark of a whedon show.

petegz28 10-22-2013 11:33 AM

So Skye turns traitor tonight?????

keg in kc 10-22-2013 12:19 PM

Red herring in the promo I would suspect.

JD10367 10-22-2013 05:50 PM

Finally caught up to this show on my DVR. Not bad, but not great. Probably would've been better before shows like "Heroes" and "Warehouse 13". Chloe Bennett is smoking, though; she's like a younger, curvier Olivia Munn.

007 10-23-2013 01:20 AM

pretty good ep this week.

Silock 10-23-2013 07:52 AM

Best episode of the series so far.

journeyscarab 10-23-2013 08:01 AM

Definitely a better episode. I still don't know how they keep Sky around when half the team doesn't trust her.

petegz28 10-23-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab (Post 10116009)
Definitely a better episode. I still don't know how they keep Sky around when half the team doesn't trust her.

Makes for good eye candy......I mean story line. Yeah, that's it...story line

Mr. Laz 10-23-2013 12:17 PM

Ming-Na Wen ‏is a kickass hottie

The Franchise 10-23-2013 12:35 PM

I've got all 5 episodes on my DVR.....I just haven't been able to bring myself to watch any of them yet.

Valiant 10-23-2013 08:54 PM

I thought it was best so far.. If they keep building the characters it will be a decent show..

arrowheadnation 10-24-2013 01:14 AM

I'm wondering if we will get any cameos from the avengers as the movies approach.

ragedogg69 10-24-2013 03:13 PM

I am just going to leave this here:

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/10/dog...nts-s-h-e-l-d/

My favorite part is "Jesus Christ. THE SHOW IS NOTHING BUT BURN NOTICE WITH THE WORD “MARVEL” IN FRONT OF IT."

DaneMcCloud 10-24-2013 03:17 PM

I thought it was the worst episode yet.

Completely predictable plot and generic characters.

007 10-24-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10120297)
I thought it was the worst episode yet.

Completely predictable plot and generic characters.

The pilot was the worst ep. Seems like lately you just don't like anything on TV Dane.

DaneMcCloud 10-24-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10120440)
The pilot was the worst ep. Seems like lately you just don't like anything on TV Dane.

Hmm, I thought last night's episode was worse than the pilot.

And as I've said in other threads, I like Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Mom, Masters of Sex and the pilot of The Blacklist. I haven't watched the rest of the episodes yet.

S.H.I.E.L.D.
seems to be moving backwards for me. There's no tension. Everyone knew that Skye wouldn't betray Coulson and the team. "Scorch" seemed generic.

Until there's some real, believable conflict, it'll be hard to connect for me.

keg in kc 10-24-2013 04:30 PM

It's about time for some meaningful events to happen. It's felt like a month and a half of introduction and setup.

Aries Walker 10-24-2013 04:38 PM

It's good, and that's all. It's part of the Marvel universe, so it should be great, but it's just . . . good.

DaneMcCloud 10-24-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10120509)
It's about time for some meaningful events to happen. It's felt like a month and a half of introduction and setup.

Yeah, I keep waiting for something cool to happen. I don't know if this is Disney keeping family friendly for the 8pm time slot or that they don't want to step on the toes of Phase 2 and Phase 3.

Regardless, they're bleeding audience and if they don't fix it soon, it'll be too late to save it.

007 10-24-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10120462)

And as I've said in other threads, I like Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Mom, Masters of Sex and the pilot of The Blacklist. I haven't watched the rest of the episodes yet.

S.H.I.E.L.D.
seems to be moving backwards for me. There's no tension. Everyone knew that Skye wouldn't betray Coulson and the team. "Scorch" seemed generic.

I thought the pilot was a letdown and the 2nd week was about the same. However, I have felt that it has gotten better each week since then. Probably just a taste thing though. Personally, I like Sleepy Hollow as well. Not great but enough to keep me interested. Blacklist has been great!!!

Deberg_1990 10-24-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10120587)
I thought the pilot was a letdown and the 2nd week was about the same. However, I have felt that it has gotten better each week since then. Probably just a taste thing though. Personally, I like Sleepy Hollow as well. Not great but enough to keep me interested. Blacklist has been great!!!

Almost Human premier got kicked back a couple weeks till mid November. That might be decent.
Posted via Mobile Device

ragedogg69 10-24-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10120440)
Seems like lately you just don't like anything on TV Dane.

Dan Harmon calls that consuming by complaining.

Actually, Dane's take on TV this season is pretty solid.

007 10-24-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10120596)
Almost Human premier got kicked back a couple weeks till mid November. That might be decent.
Posted via Mobile Device

yes, I'm really looking forward to that one.

007 10-24-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10120607)

Well, thats an opinion. But it all comes down to personal tastes. I just happen to disagree with him when it comes to TV this year.

Valiant 10-24-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10120462)

S.H.I.E.L.D.

I think that is what it will be, generic. It is a marvel universe but I doubt they want these agents to get into some real shit against huge marvel characters.
they want that for the movies. It will be shield against generic villians and finding heroes.

I think eventually they bust out cameos or the season cliff hanger of a big time marvel character. Hell they could introduce the new actors that will be in the 2014movies.

Kind of like how a certain people hated avengers but loved batman, Avengers was the quintessential comic movie..

Aries Walker 10-24-2013 06:44 PM

I'd like to see the show be a venue where they can show some of the more minor, street-level, FX-lite characters that would never be 'big' enough for a movie slot. They've already given us the origin story of Graviton; they could easily write in Taskmaster, Wrecking Crew, and the Agents of Atlas, among others.

TEX 10-24-2013 06:48 PM

I think it's pretty dumb.

keg in kc 10-25-2013 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10120596)
Posted via Mobile Device

Been some behind-the-scenes trouble with that one. Although I do think they're being smart moving its premiere date to right behind a big NFL double-header. Should give it a boost.

ragedogg69 10-25-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10120631)
Well, thats an opinion. But it all comes down to personal tastes. I just happen to disagree with him when it comes to TV this year.

Oh for sure. I was saying more of his explanations of his opinion. Rather than just saying, this show sucks or this show is great, he explains, giving examples of his opinion.

To me, Agents seems to have an identity crisis. It cannot figure out if it wants to be Alias or the first 3 seasons of Chuck. Right now it is a meddling version of Burn Notice. If this was a summer series, it would be okay, but its going up against fall competition. Kinda like Rookie Blue, which had no reason to be renewed, but since ABC kept it for midseason/summer, it kept its numbers up.

ABC cannot afford to do that with SHIELD, so they need to figure out quickly how to stop this backslide in the ratings.

whoman69 10-25-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10120631)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10120607)

I think TV has improved from the reality TV days. At least shows are being written now, not just scripted.

siberian khatru 11-01-2013 10:29 AM

We Have a Theory About Agents of SHIELD and Agent Coulson

The real Phil Coulson is in a coma hidden away in a SHIELD facility somewhere connected to the decoy Coulson we’re seeing on the show.

Deberg_1990 11-04-2013 05:23 PM

Going to be a Thor 2 crossover on Shield in a few weeks

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/01/ag...r-2-crossover/

It’s official: Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD is doing a crossover episode with the upcoming film

After Dark World is released in theaters Nov. 8, the Nov. 19 episode of S.H.I.E.L.D., “The Well,” will continue where the film left off. Here’s the official description: “In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces–one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team.”
The episode is directed by sci-fi TV luminary Jonathan Frakes (Star Trek: The Next Generation), who previously directed an episode of S.H.I.E.L.D. co-creator Joss Whedon’s Dollhouse.
There’s a slew of announced guest stars in the episode, but none from Thor 2 (so no Chris Hemsworth stopping by to wave his hammer at Coulson): “Peter MacNicol as Professor Elliot Randolph, Michael Graziadei as Jakob Nystrom, Erin Way as Petra Larsen, Toby Wilson as Neils, Alex Neustaedter as Maynard and Sylvia Brindis as Elena.”

keg in kc 11-04-2013 08:44 PM

Sounds like a smart move there.

duncan_idaho 11-04-2013 11:42 PM

I want to see this succeed - as its success increases the chances of a Peggy Carter series, which I think would be excellent (Atwell and Whitford could really carry a show off well, I think).

But its a little too tame. Needs to be more of a 9 PM show than a 7 PM show. (CST)

Aries Walker 11-05-2013 07:33 PM

Yeah, so far, the only thing they're really accomplishing is to completely undermine Agent Coulson's character and somehow make him simultaneously boring, annoying, and forgettable.

keg in kc 11-05-2013 11:55 PM

Still didn't feel like it was going much of anywhere tonight.

You know, maybe that's the problem: I don't have a sense of a larger arc behind the scenes, leading to some kind of payoff later. They all feel like one-off episodes. Even the Coulson "mystery" doesn't feel all that interesting anymore.

They need an external threat, some kind of "big bad" to fight.

Silock 11-06-2013 03:46 AM

I actually thought tonight's episode was my favorite so far. Lots of character development between the team members, which I think has been sorely lacking so far.

I didn't think that they undermined Coulson at all tonight. They have just revealed so little of the larger story arc that it has made the whole thing too slow.

journeyscarab 11-06-2013 10:37 AM

It got a little corny at the end with Skye embracing Jemma like a long lost friend. I didnt get the impression they were that close to begin with. The show still feels a little stiff and more like an X-files type show.

siberian khatru 11-06-2013 12:07 PM

I thought the skydiving rescue was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, even for a comic book show. It was like something from "Megaforce."

TheUte 11-06-2013 12:12 PM

Needs to be dirtied up a little, feels like watching a 80's superhero show.

But I will keep watching, really want it to be successful.

journeyscarab 11-06-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 10165381)
I thought the skydiving rescue was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, even for a comic book show. It was like something from "Megaforce."

http://www.jabootu.com/images/mfthumb2.jpg

LMAO:LOL:

Aries Walker 11-06-2013 04:33 PM

Hey now, there's nothing wrong with Megaforce. After all, the good guys always win . . . even in the 80's.

siberian khatru 11-06-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10166037)
Hey now, there's nothing wrong with Megaforce. After all, the good guys always win . . . even in the 80's.

You know what's wrong with Megaforce? I paid to see it in the theater ... TWICE.

First time, we didn't know any better.

But the second time, we were there to see The Thing. But my friends and I weren't 17 yet and the theater wouldn't let us see the R-rated movie. The only other movie that was playing at the same time was Megaforce, so we sighed and shrugged and saw it again. We were the only ones in the theater, so we sat there and did a full MST3K treatment of it, before there was an MST3K.

RIP, Hal Needham.

Deberg_1990 11-06-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 10166099)
You know what's wrong with Megaforce? I paid to see it in the theater ... TWICE.

First time, we didn't know any better.

But the second time, we were there to see The Thing. But my friends and I weren't 17 yet and the theater wouldn't let us see the R-rated movie. The only other movie that was playing at the same time was Megaforce, so we sighed and shrugged and saw it again. We were the only ones in the theater, so we sat there and did a full MST3K treatment of it, before there was an MST3K.

RIP, Hal Needham.

Hahahah...what a god awful movie. Barry Bostwick looked like he walked straight off the set of Olivia New Johns "Physical"

keg in kc 11-12-2013 08:13 PM

My favorite one so far. The team dynamic is getting better. I think showing a wider scope of SHIELD was good, and setting up/reaffirming what are apparently the metaarcs (Coulson and Skye's history) makes it interesting. Slowly starting to feel like it's coming together.

Bump 11-12-2013 08:20 PM

this show is pretty meh

Arrow on the other hand, now that's a good comic series.

keg in kc 11-12-2013 09:03 PM

Arrow's great. Not sure why more people don't watch.

unlurking 11-12-2013 09:34 PM

Arrow's OK, but the acting from the main character just seems wooden. I like the assistant, but even she seems a little forced. Now that Captain Harkness is gone, the show seems rather boring.

I'll take Agents of SHIELD over Arrow any day.

keg in kc 11-12-2013 09:37 PM

That's Captain Jack!

unlurking 11-12-2013 09:49 PM

:D

I didn't like Torchwood much. His character seemed to become too developed. In the Dr. Who episodes he was a lot more selfish/shallow. It worked.

007 11-13-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10182557)
Arrow's OK, but the acting from the main character just seems wooden. I like the assistant, but even she seems a little forced. Now that Captain Harkness is gone, the show seems rather boring.

I'll take Agents of SHIELD over Arrow any day.

The HELL you say???!!!

I like Agents of SHIELD but Arrow is by far the better show.

Silock 11-13-2013 02:24 AM

:yawn: episode

kaplin42 11-13-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10183083)
The HELL you say???!!!

This.

Arrow is just better.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10183083)
The HELL you say???!!!

I've never watched Arrow but I'd sure hope so.

SHIELD is becoming increasingly more difficult to watch.

007 11-14-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10185874)
I've never watched Arrow but I'd sure hope so.

SHIELD is becoming increasingly more difficult to watch.

Arrow really follows the Nolan Batman format. Dark and serious but with just the right amount of low key humor.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10186002)
Arrow really follows the Nolan Batman format. Dark and serious but with just the right amount of low key humor.

I'll look into it at some point. I am so far behind on shows.

I've been watching Breaking Bad this month and I'm just starting season three. I have to admit, I don't like the show much. None of the characters are appealing to me, and I'm not sympathetic towards any of them, at all. It's pretty disgusting and I don't relate, at all (unlike The
Sopranos, for example).

The only reason I'm watching at this point is the zeitgeist.

007 11-14-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10186008)
I'll look into it at some point. I am so far behind on shows.

I've been watching Breaking Bad this month and I'm just starting season three. I have to admit, I don't like the show much. None of the characters are appealing to me, and I'm not sympathetic towards any of them, at all. It's pretty disgusting and I don't relate, at all (unlike The
Sopranos, for example).

The only reason I'm watching at this point is the zeitgeist.

Yeah, I could not get into Breaking Bad either. I have to actually LIKE the characters to enjoy a show.

Arrow just showed up on Netflix last month so hopefully it will stay there for a while so you can check it out.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10186014)
Yeah, I could not get into Breaking Bad either. I have to actually LIKE the characters to enjoy a show.

Arrow just showed up on Netflix last month so hopefully it will stay there for a while so you can check it out.

Yeah, I'm just hanging on by a thread. I have to force myself to watch it.

I'll probably keep Netflix through the holiday season because the kids are out of school, but I'll probably get rid of it in January. Hopefully, I'll have the energy to watch Arrow.

I've been procrastinating with BB for almost an hour now.

Buehler445 11-14-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10186021)
Yeah, I'm just hanging on by a thread. I have to force myself to watch it.

I'll probably keep Netflix through the holiday season because the kids are out of school, but I'll probably get rid of it in January. Hopefully, I'll have the energy to watch Arrow.

I've been procrastinating with BB for almost an hour now.

You're watching BB on Netflix?

Beef Supreme 11-14-2013 09:37 AM

Just put Breaking Bad on the back burner (I am an alliterative genious) and watch Arrow.

Valiant 11-14-2013 10:15 AM

I am guessing the agent was coulsens gf or wife. And gave the baby up. And the girl is his daughter. Then next season we learn she is not dead.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10186238)
You're watching BB on Netflix?

Yeah, I signed up for a free month of streaming. I watched episode one of season three last night and it was by far the best in the series to date, IMO.

I can understand completely why Breaking Bad was on the verge of cancellation its first two seasons. It was a very difficult watch compared to a program like Justified, which had me hooked from the first episode and has continued to improve through the life of the series.

Breaking Bad's first two seasons were very dark, slow dramas. Unlike Mad Men, I don't like or relate to any of the characters. With Mad Men, I'm just old enough to remember visiting my Dad's office in the late 60's and early 70's to recognize the decorum and overall workplace environment, along with the remembrances of historical events.

With BB, I got nothing, other than the promise that it's an amazing program.

Oh, and I must add that Netflix streaming service, in my experience, is poor. The picture quality is poor, streaming frequently bottle necks and even changing the settings in my account haven't helped. Compared to Amazon Prime's streaming, which has been nothing short of excellent, I give Netflix a D overall.

unlurking 11-14-2013 10:59 AM

Dark yes, but the acting is so wooden it just seems cheesy. The assistant is the only one with any humor, and while I like the attempts and the jokes, they just don't seem to be delivered very well. I liked season 1, but season 2 has been a bit of a letdown for me. It just seems to take itself too seriously. There is no way in hell I would equate the execution of Arrow's darker theme to the execution by Nolan.

No ****ing way. The content matter definitely is, but the execution just seems amateurish.

SHIELD on the other hand, doesn't take itself so seriously, which means neither do I. It has a bit of a muted Chuck flair, and I loved that show. To be honest, the acting in this show hasn't been the greatest either (Ward sucks), but there are enough other characters that we're not so focused on a main character that doesn't seem to have any emotion beyond brooding.

I guess you could say I like SHIELD better because my expectations are being met. It's a lighthearted comic book style, which really isn't that hard to pull off. Arrow is disappointing to me, because my expectations are higher. A darker, more epic theme just needs better execution to pull off or it seems forced. The SHIELD lends itself towards a serialized cartoony style story, whereas Arrow seems to be trying too hard for a an epic story telling.

keg in kc 11-14-2013 11:21 AM

I've liked Arrow season 2 as much or more than season 1. Amell is wooden on purpose.

Ward is getting better on SHIELD. I think part of the plan has been to humanize him slowly. All the focus has been on turning Skye into a team player, but it's been the same thing for him. I thought the last ep was big for that.

unlurking 11-14-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10186561)
I've liked Arrow season 2 as much or more than season 1. Amell is wooden on purpose.

Ward is getting better on SHIELD. I think part of the plan has been to humanize him slowly. All the focus has been on turning Skye into a team player, but it's been the same thing for him. I thought the last ep was big for that.

Ward has gotten better, and it does seem like the last few episodes have mostly been about building character relationships.

As far as Ollie goes, he may be wooden on purpose, which might fit the character they are trying to have him portray. A vigilante Spock just doesn't hold my interest though. Also, when they cut to flashbacks, he still seems very wooden and forced. In these scenes, he should have been more "normal". Then again, maybe I just can't get past how horrible his wig looks!

Beef Supreme 11-14-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10186455)
Yeah, I signed up for a free month of streaming. I watched episode one of season three last night and it was by far the best in the series to date, IMO.

I can understand completely why Breaking Bad was on the verge of cancellation its first two seasons. It was a very difficult watch compared to a program like Justified, which had me hooked from the first episode and has continued to improve through the life of the series.

Breaking Bad's first two seasons were very dark, slow dramas. Unlike Mad Men, I don't like or relate to any of the characters. With Mad Men, I'm just old enough to remember visiting my Dad's office in the late 60's and early 70's to recognize the decorum and overall workplace environment, along with the remembrances of historical events.

Oh, and I must add that Netflix streaming service, in my experience, is poor. The picture quality is poor, streaming frequently bottle necks and even changing the settings in my account haven't helped. Compared to Amazon Prime's streaming, which has been nothing short of excellent, I give Netflix a D overall.

I'm in about week 3 of my free month on Netflix, and the streaming has been top notch. No issues whatsoever. Go figure.

keg in kc 11-14-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10186592)
Ward has gotten better, and it does seem like the last few episodes have mostly been about building character relationships.

As far as Ollie goes, he may be wooden on purpose, which might fit the character they are trying to have him portray. A vigilante Spock just doesn't hold my interest though. Also, when they cut to flashbacks, he still seems very wooden and forced. In these scenes, he should have been more "normal". Then again, maybe I just can't get past how horrible his wig looks!

Yeah, that wig is brutal.

Buehler445 11-14-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Good info. Thanks.

I've got Prime under CPs advice for baby stuff, and have begun watching several series', but I understand that Netflix has more options for series. I have a buddy that I watch a lot of shit with and we've been trying to split the cost of seasons and movies and watch them together as our bro-hang out time. Anyway, we've been considering him getting netflix and me keeping prime and getting each others logons and splitting the cost.

He had it a couple years ago and it worked pretty well through my TV, but if the stream quality isn't good, then it may not be a good deal.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10186621)
Good info. Thanks.

I've got Prime under CPs advice for baby stuff, and have begun watching several series', but I understand that Netflix has more options for series. I have a buddy that I watch a lot of shit with and we've been trying to split the cost of seasons and movies and watch them together as our bro-hang out time. Anyway, we've been considering him getting netflix and me keeping prime and getting each others logons and splitting the cost.

He had it a couple years ago and it worked pretty well through my TV, but if the stream quality isn't good, then it may not be a good deal.

I have a fast internet connection, like 21 Mbps, so I shouldn't have any issues. Maybe it's population density but I really didn't like Netflix's message of "try later!" if streaming is poor. I'm usually not watching until 10pm PST, so any later is next to impossible.

Hopefully, you won't have the same issue.

unlurking 11-14-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10186684)
I have a fast internet connection, like 21 Mbps, so I shouldn't have any issues. Maybe it's population density but I really didn't like Netflix's message of "try later!" if streaming is poor. I'm usually not watching until 10pm PST, so any later is next to impossible.

Hopefully, you won't have the same issue.

I don't know who your provider is, but there has been a lot of discussion about ISPs intentionally downgrading Netflix traffic. I do wish they had more HD content, but I've been pretty happy with the service.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10186734)
I don't know who your provider is, but there has been a lot of discussion about ISPs intentionally downgrading Netflix traffic. I do wish they had more HD content, but I've been pretty happy with the service.

Time Warner Cable.

Again, no issues with any other streaming, including Amazon Prime.

unlurking 11-14-2013 12:31 PM

I know that TWC and Netflix are supposedly negotiating over letting Netflix drop servers directly on the TWC backbone. Probably be a while though.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2013 03:01 PM

Well hopefully, it's just an issue on my end with TWC internet.

I doubt I keep it beyond the free month.

unlurking 11-14-2013 03:25 PM

Yeah, I'm on a free month of Aereo, and doubt I'll keep it for the same reasons.

ragedogg69 11-14-2013 04:15 PM

Sky is just the worst. She has already tried to **** SHIELD over before, then throws a fit when she doesnt have clearance. Just lame. They should have made simmons go splat after jumping out the plane. Then, Ward could have been upset that he didnt save her and add some sort of depth to his character.

Fitz had some nice moments last episode. The pilot has completely been underused after a nice build up. And coulson is just not making sense now.

007 11-14-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Thats odd. We have never had a problem with it at all.

Deberg_1990 11-14-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

I really liked Season 2. I thought it was pretty strong. But yea, it truly picked up momentum in season 3. Great show.