ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Geno Smith vs Alex Smith - It's on. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272597)

Sorter 04-30-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9646342)
Id almost be willing to put money on Geno having a petualnt little brat meltdown ala Ryan leaf. I wonder if they have that prop bet at the books here in Vegas...:hmmm:

If you don't have a meltdown while playing QB, you're either A) perfect and have a perfectly operated team or B) unlike nearly ever human to play the position. Everyone has a meltdown/blowup with coaches/teammates. It's ****ing natural.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u_-Lypb5QZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rMKWSNnCW-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8wYcMnxkc0o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Meltdowns are a part of being human. Not everyone is a machine and can completely hide their emotions for every instant of an emotionally charged scenario (a football game). The issue with meltdowns is the frequency, message behind the meltdown, and how your teammates respond. If they respect you, then in all likelihood, they'll say "Gee, he's pissed. That doesn't happen a whole lot, I suppose we should fix our problems". If not, then it will be dismissed and you'll be referred to and viewed as a whiny bitch.

RNR 04-30-2013 06:13 PM

And the moronic worship of a nothing special QB continues LMAO

Fairplay 04-30-2013 06:20 PM

lol

I just read where Geno just fired his draft agent LMAO

ChiefGator 04-30-2013 06:32 PM

Alex Smith will still be starting in this league when Geno is washed up. Bank on it.

NorthernWV 04-30-2013 06:34 PM

Well Alex Smith plays for the Chiefs, so obviously Geno.

Hammock Parties 04-30-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9646812)
And the moronic worship of a nothing special QB continues LMAO

This applies to Alex Smith.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-30-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernWV (Post 9646870)
Well Alex Smith plays for the Chiefs, so obviously Geno.

This.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kaepernick 05-01-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9646627)
Yeah, all the greats never threw a fit or refused to sign with the team that drafted them. Get over yourselves, true fan douchwaffles. Alice is toast, and sooner rather than later. Heh.
Posted via Mobile Device

I lost respect for both Elway and Eli for refusing to play for the teams planning to draft them. Both first class cry babies. I'm glad Peyton and Luck weren't such cry babies.

A lot of elite QB prospects got stuck on bad teams. How else to they become good?

I hate Elway and Eli for exactly that reason. Once you are a badass free agent, you can play mercenary all you want. In fact, you owe it to your family to seek out the top dollar, if that is your family's priority.

But cry babies who refuse to be drafted by crap teams trying to improve, are the worst kind of dirt to me. They are scum.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-01-2013 05:35 AM

Im sure Elway and Eli care deeply about this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2 05-01-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9646792)
If you don't have a meltdown while playing QB, you're either A) perfect and have a perfectly operated team or B) unlike nearly ever human to play the position. Everyone has a meltdown/blowup with coaches/teammates. It's ****ing natural.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u_-Lypb5QZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rMKWSNnCW-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8wYcMnxkc0o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Meltdowns are a part of being human. Not everyone is a machine and can completely hide their emotions for every instant of an emotionally charged scenario (a football game). The issue with meltdowns is the frequency, message behind the meltdown, and how your teammates respond. If they respect you, then in all likelihood, they'll say "Gee, he's pissed. That doesn't happen a whole lot, I suppose we should fix our problems". If not, then it will be dismissed and you'll be referred to and viewed as a whiny bitch.

Manning and Brady EARNED the right to be vocal leaders.

Carlota69 05-01-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9646792)

I meant this kind of meltdown...
(I'm on my IPad and YouTube won't let me imbed)
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=oLD5WMCpYEs

RealSNR 05-01-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9648140)
I meant this kind of meltdown...
(I'm on my IPad and YouTube won't let me imbed)
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=oLD5WMCpYEs

Geno Smith once slapped a tarp when his team was losing.

He's for sure going to have a Ryan Leaf meltdown similar to that. He's going to act and behave the same way as a dumbass sociopath.

Yuuuuuuuuup. I can see it now...

Rausch 05-01-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9648206)
Geno Smith once slapped a tarp when his team was losing.

He's for sure going to have a Ryan Leaf meltdown similar to that. He's going to act and behave the same way as a dumbass sociopath.

Yuuuuuuuuup. I can see it now...

We'll do this together.

Look at me bro...

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/i...032128d8/l.jpg

Repeat after me: IT IS OK.

IT IS OK.

Now have some waffles and bacon...

Molitoth 05-01-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9641587)
This board is full of drafturbaters who would absolutely wish disaster upon the Chiefs if they thought it would prove them right on some point, massaging their egos.

I can guarantee you a few will explode when reading this post, and start their usual shit about how they would gladly accept being wrong about something if it meant good fortune for the Chiefs, how they've been fans since 1856, blah, blah, blah...

My ass...

and this fanbase is full of people who would rather not take a chance on drafting a QB near the top of the draft, and instead persist on signing another teams backup QB who wasn't good enough.
If the chiefs were to draft a QB, he would have to be white, have gone to an SEC school, gone undefeated, won the heisman and a national championship to be worthy of a first round pick. But until then; lineman, BBQ, and Bud Light is ok.

cockeyes 05-01-2013 10:09 AM

It's interesting that the vaGeno mafia has transitioned from saying their guy was worth that 1.1 pick to bashing Alex Smith.

Can't really claim he was worth the 1.1 now that every GM in the league disagrees, some of them several times. Can't claim this is someone with the maturity to lead a franchise day 1. The first round scarcely had ended before the cracks in the marketing were showing.

Alex Smith will likely be in KC for a run like Trent Green's, where he posts some big numbers and wins a lot of games. Maybe for longer than Green, he is 3 years younger than Green was at the time, and has more of a football pedigree such as 1.1 talent, playoff wins on his résumé, etc.

It's possible if not likely that Alex Smith already has more playoff wins than vaGeno ever will.

How about we just give this charade up? You were fooled by groupthink. It's not that big of a deal.

Namor40 05-01-2013 03:08 PM

Now that the truth is coming out about this overrated hack, its clear that Kansas City dodged a bullet and WAY too many on here were gulping down the Kool-Aid.

From PFT and Yahoo:

Quote:

From criticism of his statement on Thursday night that he would leave New York after he wasn’t picked in the first round to criticism of his decision after the draft to fire his agents, Smith has already taken a number of shots. Now comes a report from Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports that cites sources with other NFL teams as saying Smith displayed a bad attitude in pre-draft meetings.

Two sources told Cole that when Smith was on pre-draft visits, he spent too much time on the phone, texting friends or reading Twitter.

“All these other players who were in there were talking to the coaches, trying to get to know people and he was over there by himself,” one source said. “That’s not what you want out of your quarterback.”

Another critic said Smith doesn’t exude leadership the way Bills first-round pick E.J. Manuel does.

“He doesn’t have much presence, not much of a leader,” one executive who studied Smith said. “I don’t think he’s a bad person, but that’s not enough to be a quarterback in this league.”

The Jets obviously liked Smith well enough to spend a second-round draft pick on him, and as long as Smith makes his new team happy, it really doesn’t matter what the other 31 teams think. But it is becoming clear that a whole lot of people around the NFL don’t think highly of Smith.

Quote:

The problem is that NFL types see a guy who, right now, doesn't understand how to get there.

"His biggest problem is that he doesn't know what he doesn't know," said a league executive, who spent extensive time assessing Smith before the draft. "I'm not sure he knows how to take instruction because he pretty much wouldn't listen or talk to our coaches … he's talented. He can sling it, he can fit it into tight spots, he can do a lot of things and I think he wants to be good. But you can't tell him anything right now. He's tuned out because he thinks he's got it all down."

Quote:

By Sunday, Smith was being convinced by other friends that it was the fault of his agents that he slipped so much in the draft, according to one of the sources.

"Right now, he's blaming everybody but himself and he has some buddies around him who are telling him that same thing
," the source said.

Nothing worse than a talented guy who thinks he knows it all, won't listen and doesn't take any personal responsibility for himself. Geno's going to be an epic ****ing bust.

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 04:23 PM

Again, that doesn't jive with everything we know about Geno being extremely coachable and a hard worker who busted his ass at WVU.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-01-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockeyes (Post 9648452)
It's interesting that the vaGeno mafia has transitioned from saying their guy was worth that 1.1 pick to bashing Alex Smith.

Can't really claim he was worth the 1.1 now that every GM in the league disagrees, some of them several times. Can't claim this is someone with the maturity to lead a franchise day 1. The first round scarcely had ended before the cracks in the marketing were showing.

Alex Smith will likely be in KC for a run like Trent Green's, where he posts some big numbers and wins a lot of games. Maybe for longer than Green, he is 3 years younger than Green was at the time, and has more of a football pedigree such as 1.1 talent, playoff wins on his résumé, etc.

It's possible if not likely that Alex Smith already has more playoff wins than vaGeno ever will.

How about we just give this charade up? You were fooled by groupthink. It's not that big of a deal.

I was hating on the mother****er from day one! Still am.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockeyes (Post 9648452)
Alex Smith will likely be in KC for a run like Trent Green's, where he posts some big numbers and wins a lot of games.

Alex Smith has never shown an ability to post big numbers. Ever. At all. Not even close. His numbers have been consistently below average.

You ****ing homers are going to choke on his big checkdown dick this year.

NorthernWV 05-01-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namor40 (Post 9649418)
Now that the truth is coming out about this overrated hack, its clear that Kansas City dodged a bullet and WAY too many on here were gulping down the Kool-Aid.

From PFT and Yahoo:

Nothing worse than a talented guy who thinks he knows it all, won't listen and doesn't take any personal responsibility for himself. Geno's going to be an epic ****ing bust.

Thats all nice and good except for it wrong. Geno wanted to play in the senior bowl, his agents didnt want him to, that hurt his draft stock, then when he was criticized for not playing in the senior bowl, his agents did nothing to combat the negative publicity, then they told him he'd be #1 pick and to go to NYC because he was a lock for Day 1

deadspin(dot)com/why-did-geno-smith-really-fire-his-agents-486231452?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-01-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namor40 (Post 9649418)

From PFT and Yahoo:

Uhh huh.....uh huh.....
Posted via Mobile Device

Namor40 05-01-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9649622)
Again, that doesn't jive with everything we know about Geno being extremely coachable and a hard worker who busted his ass at WVU.

Know that....from who exactly? Because people at WVU said so? His issues would help explain West Virginia's late season collapse. This isn't one source claiming this, all offseason various scouts and NFL execs have been saying this guy is a flake and can't handle criticism, his actions are only further proving that. I see JaMarcus Russell like tendencies in him having a big head and thinking he's got it all over everyone. It all sounds like he's got issues with people around him blowing rainbows up his ass. Combine those two factors and it sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Usually when a guy plummets down the draft board, you'll get the breakdown of why it happened after the draft and it seems like Geno's problems were self-inflicted. All of the these reports seem to be alluding to one major issue:

A guy that thinks he's above it all, who has bought into his own hype, who felt entitled to be a top draft pick just because all his buddies were telling him just how awesome he was. His agents released a statement, basically saying that they had let him know that he could be a 1st or 2nd rounder, him deflecting all the blame on them just shows his overall lack of immaturity.

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 07:21 PM

JaMarcus Russell was never a hard worker. That's why he was fat. GTFO racist.

Namor40 05-01-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9650308)
JaMarcus Russell was never a hard worker. That's why he was fat. GTFO racist.

He worked hard enough to be a top 1st round pick.....and then the bottom fell out on him as he got exposed for having the same sorts of issues as Ryan Leaf. Geno Smith is the next to join the epic bust club, the only difference is that it won't cost the Jets a top 1st round pick. Smith's another dude living in la-la land, thinking the problem is with everyone else, not with him, he's sure he's going to be a future All Pro because his boys are all telling him how sick his game is and how awesome he's going to be. The sad thing is, when he washes out of the NFL and the money train dries up, his "boys" will be nowhere to be found.

Ask Vince Young, a far more talented prospect, how much of his former posse is coming around nowadays.

KCwolf 05-01-2013 10:48 PM

Pretty sure JMA didn't work at SH** ..... And he can all the have ALL theathletic talent in world ... but in between those ears of his .... AIR

and I did see his comeback special on ESPN.... ZERO chance

Hammock Parties 07-07-2013 07:06 PM

Geno gives no ****s about Mark Sanchez.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...est-well-see-0

Geno Smith continues to play coy about his attendance at Mark Sanchez’s annual offseason workouts in California known as “Jets West.” Smith was asked on NFL Network Monday if his summer break would include a trip to the Golden State, to which the quarterback responded, “We’ll see.”

During minicamp, Smith gave a “no comment” on the subject of Sanchez’s camp. Smith later clarified, saying he didn’t know what Jets West was at the time the question was asked -- a rough indication of the communication and relationship between the Jets’ top two quarterbacks. Smith did say at the time that though he hadn’t been officially invited by Sanchez, if he were, he would attend.

Smith said Monday his goal is to become the Jets starting quarterback and that the transition to the West Coast offense is going well.

“I’ve already made a giant leap, coming from a spread system where the biggest transition for me is going to be the footwork,” said Smith. “It’s not as if I can’t do it; it’s the fact that I haven’t done it enough. So the good reps, the good amount of reps that I’ve gotten in rookie camp, minicamp, OTAs, it’s helped me make that leap and transition.”

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9797452)

Geno Smith continues to play coy about his attendance at Mark Sanchez’s annual offseason workouts in California known as “Jets West.” Smith was asked on NFL Network Monday if his summer break would include a trip to the Golden State, to which the quarterback responded, “We’ll see.”

During minicamp, Smith gave a “no comment” on the subject of Sanchez’s camp. Smith later clarified, saying he didn’t know what Jets West was at the time the question was asked -- a rough indication of the communication and relationship between the Jets’ top two quarterbacks. Smith did say at the time that though he hadn’t been officially invited by Sanchez, if he were, he would attend.

Smith said Monday his goal is to become the Jets starting quarterback and that the transition to the West Coast offense is going well.

“I’ve already made a giant leap, coming from a spread system where the biggest transition for me is going to be the footwork,” said Smith. “It’s not as if I can’t do it; it’s the fact that I haven’t done it enough. So the good reps, the good amount of reps that I’ve gotten in rookie camp, minicamp, OTAs, it’s helped me make that leap and transition.”

Leader.

Winner.

Champion.

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9797452)

Pretty much knew this. And yes, mother****ers, it's ON.

Hammock Parties 07-07-2013 07:09 PM

It sounds like Sanchez is the one being a dick. He hasn't even invited Geno?

Psyko Tek 07-07-2013 07:09 PM

sdon't see geno getting any starts in the next 2 years

I maybe wrong, but I see them clinging to the dirty sanchez for at least 2 more years

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9797459)

:facepalm:

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797457)
Leader.

Winner.

Champion.

ROFL

Are any of the OTHER players psyched about going to "Sanchez Camp"? I highly doubt it.

Geno will forge his own path. Douche QB is the Rule of the Day in this league now, in case you haven't noticed. Thank God we have a douche-flyer in young Tyler Bray. At least SOMETHING halfway right is occurring at OAD.:p

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9797459)

Again; why would anyone with even a modicum of talent want to attend that camp?

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9797464)
Are any of the OTHER players psyched about going to "Sanchez Camp"? I highly doubt it.

Geno will forge his own path. Douche QB is the Rule of the Day in this league now, in case you haven't noticed. Thank God we have a douche-flyer in young Tyler Bray. At least SOMETHING halfway right is occurring at OAD.:p

Good Lord

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9797467)
Again; why would anyone with even a modicum of talent want to attend that camp?

Do you even understand that "camp"?

Do you realize that other NFL players are playing for their contacts, too?

Do you understand anything about the NFL?

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797468)
Good Lord

"Hey guys, come to my camp! Mamasita is making fresh tortas, and we can all bathe in my suck"! "Who's in"?

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797472)

I see things from a broader and less-confined perspective than you, McCloud.

BigMeatballDave 07-07-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797472)

No. He's probably the biggest dumbass this place has ever seen.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9797474)
"Hey guys, come to my camp! Mamasita is making fresh tortas, and we can all bathe in my suck"! "Who's in"?

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9797478)

Then please explain these "camps".

Thanks in advance.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9797478)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9797479)
No. He's probably the biggest dumbass this place has ever seen.

He's not the biggest dumbass ever but he's the biggest dumbass that continues
to post and post often.

Without Clay, he'd be on someone else's sack.

Lucky for him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797483)
Then please explain these "camps".

Thanks in advance.

In Sanchez case, they probably involve tents around big pickup trucks blasting caballero music late in to the night. I imagine the the phrase "mas cerveza" gets tossed around quite a bit.

BossChief 07-07-2013 07:23 PM

That is disappointing because if he REALLY wants the starting job, he should take every opportunity to leap frog the current starter. If he isnt invited, he should just show up and show everyone why he deserves to start over Sanchez.

That's too bad.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797486)
He's not the biggest dumbass ever but he's the biggest dumbass that continues
to post and post often.

Without Clay, he'd be on someone else's sack.

Lucky for him.

Have you not figured out yet that I simply can not take the Chiefs or this message board seriously in ANY way, anymore? I mean ****; really?

BigMeatballDave 07-07-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9797498)
That is disappointing because if he REALLY wants the starting job, he should take every opportunity to leap frog the current starter. If he isnt invited, he should just show up and show everyone why he deserves to start over Sanchez.

That's too bad.

Yep

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 08:15 PM

So if Geno Smith cannot be out Mark Sanchize then he would not have been able to beat out Cassel either.... :doh!:

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9797610)
So if Geno Smith cannot be out Mark Sanchize then he would not have been able to beat out Cassel either.... :doh!:

Sanchez was the better QB than Cassel. It is what it is.

Ace Gunner 07-07-2013 08:29 PM

ALEX
http://desmotivaciones.es/demots/201...malpicture.jpg

aturnis 07-07-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9797610)

If your given the choice between Cassel and Sanchez, you take Cassel?

chiefzilla1501 07-07-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9797498)

That's too bad.

I was pushing for Geno at #1. There are just way too many stories that sound like Geno's in serious need of an attitude adjustment. Alex Smith isn't a QB that gets me psyched but right now, I really don't care that we passed on Geno.

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9797647)

God man it is hard to choose between the butt fumble and the I can't even put a hat on my head. Can I just run the wildcat or take a kick in the balls. Either would be better than those 2 at QB.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9797647)

Sanchez every time.

At least you get a high second rounder.

aturnis 07-07-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797663)
Sanchez every time.

At least you get a high second rounder.

Exactly. No question. So how does he decide that if Geno doesn't beat out Sanchez, he couldn't possibly beat out Cassel.

Cassel was historically bad last year.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9797659)
God man it is hard to choose between the butt fumble and the I can't even put a hat on my head. Can I just run the wildcat or take a kick in the balls. Either would be better than those 2 at QB.

Sanchez is infinitely better than Cassel

Marcellus 07-07-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797679)

Nope.

This is simply the point of better than Cassel does not equal good. Sanchez is not a good QB. Not even close.

And you have been busting my chops about QB evaluation. Good grief.

-King- 07-07-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

In which way?

Sanchez averages 1.1 TDs, 195 yards, and 1.1 INTs per start.

Cassel averages 1.3 TDs, 217.7 yards, and 0.9 INTs per start.

Cassel is basically better than him in every single way.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 09:22 PM

I don't recall Sanchez ever shitting himself in the playoffs. I do however recall Cassel doing exactly that.

aturnis 07-07-2013 09:25 PM

Just an update for Jets West, since I haven't seen it yet.

Quote:

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Someone suggested to Geno Smith that, if he encounters a situation with the media in which he's not sure what to say, just reply, "No comment." The logic being, if he doesn't say anything, he won't say anything wrong.That theory proved to be incorrect this week when the New York Jets' rookie quarterback no-commented his way through a couple of questions about whether he would attend Mark Sanchez's annual "Jets West" camp in California next month.Smith clarified on Thursday he had nothing to say on the matter because he didn't know what to say, or even what he was being asked."Myself and Mark, we never discussed that, so it kind of caught me off-guard, because it's not on my schedule or anything. I was like, 'What is Jets West?' " Smith said, adding: "From my understanding, it's something that's done annually, all the guys go out there and it's been a great event."Mark hasn't officially extended the hand to me, but I'm pretty sure there's no problem there. I'm more than willing to go there, get some work, work with the guys and do all that stuff. It helps team bonding, and I fully support that."Smith and Sanchez are competing for the starting job. Sanchez and Tim Tebow didn't have the most comfortable of relationships last year, as even Sanchez has admitted, so Smith's "no comment" on Wednesday seemed to be the first sign of a rift between the two.Not so, Smith said."Mark's a great guy. He welcomed me with open arms, all these guys have," Smith said. "I never felt any type of negative vibes from him or any other guy. That's the good thing about being here, being a rookie and being a part of the Jets."I get the opportunity to compete for a starting job, which is very rare, especially at this position, and I also have a great bunch of guys surrounding me who are helping me and who are also pushing me and motivating me on the practice field."Smith made it clear he isn't averse to putting in the extra work next month during a time when teams aren't allowed to hold any workouts. While there were questions about his work ethic leading up to the draft and beyond, Smith's reputation around the Jets' building has been as a dedicated player and hard worker.In fact, he's even continuing to surprise his teammates with his work ethic. Thursday, when he asked one of his teammates in the locker room if he could get a ride home, that teammate was disappointed to learn he'd have to wait around for Smith, who wasn't ready to leave immediately."Come on, man, you know I have to study," Smith replied.Smith will have to continue to put in the hard work to beat out Sanchez in Week 1, though coach Rex Ryan and quarterbacks coach David Lee said this week Smith could see some time in a Wildcat-type package, even if Sanchez is the starting quarterback.In short, Smith had better keep studying and practicing. General manager John Idzik said Thursday he expects Smith to be signed and in camp on time. Smith's agent, Kim Miale of Roc Nation, is in communication with the NFL Players Association, which is trying to determine if she violated the union's "runner rule" by allowing Jay-Z to recruit Smith for the firm. Idzik indicated that's not an issue with contract talks as of this point."We're not going to get into any contract negotiations (publicly)," Idzik said, "but nothing is standing in the way."

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 09:28 PM

What a horrible human being.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9797754)
In which way?

Sanchez averages 1.1 TDs, 195 yards, and 1.1 INTs per start.

Cassel averages 1.3 TDs, 217.7 yards, and 0.9 INTs per start.

Cassel is basically better than him in every single way.

In the mere fact that he isn't Cassel.

Cassel wouldn't last a series in New York City, let alone, four years.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9797746)
Nope.

This is simply the point of better than Cassel does not equal good. Sanchez is not a good QB. Not even close.

And you have been busting my chops about QB evaluation. Good grief.

Cassel wouldn't have led the 2009 NY Jets to the AFC Championship and led at the half.

Cassel wouldn't have led the 2010 NY Jets to the AFC Championship.

Cassel can barely get out of bed without fumbling his OWN balls, let alone those of his center's.

Sanchez is the worst starting QB in the league but he's infinitely better than Cassel.

-King- 07-07-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797780)
In the mere fact that he isn't Cassel.

Cassel wouldn't last a series in New York City, let alone, four years.

LMAO That makes sense.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9797790)
LMAO That makes sense.

I just feel for those poor bastards in Minnesota that live on that glimmer of hope that Cassel is better than Ponder.

-King- 07-07-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797783)
Cassel wouldn't have led the 2009 NY Jets to the AFC Championship and led at the half.

Cassel wouldn't have led the 2010 NY Jets to the AFC Championship

He LED them to what exactly?

His best TD to INT ratio was 17-13 in those two years. His first year he had 8 more INTs than TDs. He didn't lead them to shit.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797795)
I just feel for those poor bastards in Minnesota that live on that glimmer of hope that Cassel is better than Ponder.

This. The grass is not always greener. Sometimes it is filled with fresh dog turds.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9797798)

His best TD to INT ratio was 17-13 in those two years. His first year he had 8 more INTs than TDs. He didn't lead them to shit.

And he didn't exactly **** them either.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9797798)

He was the QB, so by the nature of the beast, he led his team to those championship games. Weak sauce but truth.

Can you imagine Cassel doing that?

Marcellus 07-07-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797807)
He was the QB, so by the nature of the beast, he led his team to those championship games. Weak sauce but truth.

Interesting as Alex Smith is not given this same thought process around here.

I know YOU are not a Smith hater just find it interesting how these arguments change depending on who was involved.

-King- 07-07-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Imagine Cassel being bad enough to get carried by a #1 defense and a top 5 running attack? Yes I can.

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

I would say minutely better depending on the OC. Put Cassel with Weiss or McDaniels it gets a little harder. They both suck IMO. So trying to choose between suck 1 and suck 1a...It has to depend on the supporting cast.
The only thing I will say for Sanchez is who again has been his OC? Brian Schottenheimer and Sparano....ouch.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9797802)
And he didn't exactly **** them either.

Did you manage to watch the JETS the last few years? Sanchez has literally on his own ****ed them several times. 2011 he cost them the playoffs himself.

That dude has been bailed out by his defense more than anyone this side of Joe Flacco (prior to 2012 for Flacco).

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9797819)
Did you manage to watch the JETS the last few years? Sanchez has literally on his own ****ed them several times. 2011 he cost them the playoffs himself.

That dude has been bailed out by his defense more than anyone this side of Joe Flacco (prior to 2012 for Flacco).

I was referring to his first two years in the league, before he and Cassel became poster children for the 'SHIT MY PANTS(!)'-movement of NFL QB suckage.

tooge 07-07-2013 09:59 PM

Alex is coming into an offensive head coaching situation. Geno the opposite. I say Alex

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 10:00 PM

You know who had a worse QBR, lower completion percentage and more turnovers than Matt Cassel last season......wait for it......wait for it..... The only one worse last season was MARK SANCHEZ.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9797816)
Imagine Cassel being bad enough to get carried by a #1 defense and a top 5 running attack? Yes I can.

Well, I can't.

I can see the 2009 Mark Sanchez leading the 2009 Chiefs to a 4-12 record. I can't see the 2009 Matt Cassel leading the New York Jets to the 2009 AFC Championship Game.

I can see the 2010 Mark Sanchez leading the 2010 Chiefs to a 10-6 record and a playoff loss. I can't see the 2010 Cassel leading the New York Jets to a second straight AFC Championship Game.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9797832)
You know who had a worse QBR, lower completion percentage and more turnovers than Matt Cassel last season......wait for it......wait for it..... The only one worse last season was MARK SANCHEZ.

Way to be a part of the conversation

:doh!:

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

He didn't LEAD those teams he was along for the ride.

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797838)
Way to be a part of the conversation

:doh!:

The conversation was Cassel vs Sanchez.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9797844)

Prove it

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9797844)

Get used to that dynamic!(again)