ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Are "Begging" To Get Out Of 1st Pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272119)

RNR 04-15-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589820)
See? Was that so hard?~

Not near as hard as your hard on for Geno :)

BossChief 04-15-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9589786)
He didn't let him walk. He got outbid by St. Louis. It's not clear whether Long would have returned to the Dolphins for the same offer he accepted from the Rams.

Haha

So, he didn't let him walk...but he is currently a Ram.

Got it.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9589833)
Not near as hard as your hard on for Geno :)

You say that like it's a bad thing.

If Geno lands with the right team, he's going to be a star in this league. And unfortunately, that team won't be my Kansas City Chiefs.

At least I'll have Alex Smith. Whoopee. :grr:

Richard_Cuckold 04-15-2013 06:55 PM

God our organization is ran by idiots.

Have a chance to draft a young talented QB, but instead we'll most likely trade it. FML

DTLB58 04-15-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9589717)
They have to draft Geno or trade down. Drafting a LT at #1 overall would be a disaster if you ask me. Reminds me of the Dolphins drafting Jake Long in 2007, they sure regret that.

I honestly fear Dorsey/Reid are too high on Alex Smith, the same way that ***** was too high on Cassell.

That hindsight is sure great stuff.

There are differences in the whole Cassel/Pioli....Reid/Smith scenario that give me a somewhat better feeling about it. But why start a huge argument about that again?

I just don't like the idea of going into the draft and getting pigeon holed into any "Have to" scenarios. They could stay @ #1 and draft Dion Jordan for instance.

I don't either think it's the best idea to select a OT #1, but hey, it might work out someday. If Reid coaches is arse off and Dorsey gets him unbelivable talent and the players come together, stranger things have happened and in three years this team is in the SB with Eric Fisher as the starting LT....I hope we don't have fewer less Chief fans watching cause they committed suicide on draft day 2013. :D

Mr. Laz 04-15-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Cuckold (Post 9589859)
God our organization is ran by idiots.

Have a chance to draft a young talented QB, but instead we'll most likely trade it. FML

Bunch of people said the same thing when they passed on Mark Sanchez.

It was meltdown city.

Taking a QB just to take one is stupid.

If we pass on Geno and he turns out to be great THEN they are idiots.

RNR 04-15-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589846)

If Geno lands with the right team, he's going to be a star in this league. And unfortunately, that team won't be my Kansas City Chiefs.

As I have said before I don't think this kid is the answer. I am not a huge fan of Alex Smith either. I do think the Smith you already have is enough to make a run at the west~

RealSNR 04-15-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9589872)

It was meltdown city.

Not really. There was something else at work for why people were pissed about not drafting Sanchez.

I'll give you a hint. It starts with a T and rhymes with "Bryson Jackson"

Rasputin 04-15-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

It was meltdown city.

Not stupid to take a glorified chance at a sollid QB prospect.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9589905)

ESPECIALLY when we already have a pretty good LT, two pass rushers, and have used free agency to fill as many holes as possible.

Mr. Laz 04-15-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589896)
Not really. There was something else at work for why people were pissed about not drafting Sanchez.

I'll give you a hint. It starts with a T and rhymes with "Bryson Jackson"

which was also twisted because Tyson Jackson has turned out to be a solid player.

Not worth the high pick, but solid

If Alex Smiths is 'meh' and Geno Smith turns out to be great then Reid and Dorsey will both probably get fired eventually for it.

Their evaluation about Geno Smith MUST be right.

If they think Geno Smith sucks then they should pass on him.

Getting a good player is more important than getting a certain position.

cabletech94 04-15-2013 07:14 PM

10 more days. just. 10. more. days.

Mr. Laz 04-15-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9589905)

say whatever you want, but if they draft Geno Smith and he sucks then it's a big problem and will cost them.

Gravedigger 04-15-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9589927)
say whatever you want, but if they draft Geno Smith and he sucks then it's a big probably and will cost them.

It'll give them more time than just having Alex Smith suck for three or four years. If you take the chance with a QB in the first round, something you haven't done since I was born, and you fail, you'll get another chance because at least you took that chance for the first time in three decades. If you fail on a retread QB, like the last regime failed bigtime on Matt Cassel, then didn't pull him when he clearly didn't deserve the job, THEN you find yourself with banners flying in the sky and fans wanting blood.

DTLB58 04-15-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589846)

Just like how Alex Smith finally got the right coach/system to play under?

I have said for years that it is so important where a player goes coming out of college ie. coaches/system.

You are already putting the caveat out there that Geno has to go to the right team, so then why doesn't the same apply for Smith? Unless you feel Smith either wasn't successful under Harbaugh and or Reid isn't going to come close to what Jim did with him?

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9589921)
which was also twisted because Tyson Jackson has turned out to be a solid player.

If Alex Smiths is 'meh' and Geno Smith turns out to be great then Reid and Dorsey will both probably get fired eventually for it.

This is COMPLETE revisionist history.

The Chiefs didn't select Harvin, Matthews, Cushing or Maclin. They chose a shitbag 5 tech that finally, after four years in the league, proved he wasn't a completely worthless sack of shit.

Justified or not, Mario Williams received a $100 million dollar contract: Tyson Jackson got $4 million.

He was as bad a selection as it gets in the Top 3.

patteeu 04-15-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9589824)
So you are saying because he doesn't regret it, it was the right move?

No. Someone said he regrets it. I said he doesn't regret it and linked to an article where he says he'd do it over and over. You and a few others entered the picture and went off half-cocked.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 9589924)
10 more days. just. 10. more. days.

Oh, it won't end there, Dude.

This shit will rage for years, or at least until the Chiefs win something of note.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9589946)
Just like how Alex Smith finally got the right coach/system to play under?

I have said for years that it is so important where a player goes coming out of college ie. coaches/system.

You are already putting the caveat out there that Geno has to go to the right team, so then why doesn't the same apply for Smith? Unless you feel Smith either wasn't successful under Harbaugh and or Reid isn't going to come close to what Jim did with him?

I don't expect Geno to go to the New York Jets, start from Day One, and not only make everybody around him better as early as his first year but also turn into the kind of player he could be if he had been drafted by Andy Reid and surrounded by the players he has in Kansas City. Like it or not, those factors play ESPECIALLY into a QB's development.

I know of very few QBs who get drafted that can perform the expectations that will be placed upon Geno. He probably won't get a full year. People are going to say, "UHP SEE ALL THE QBS SUCK! DITCH HIM AND MOVE ON." Stafford got a long time to buck up (and he still isn't that good in my opinion). Geno will not have what Stafford had, even though he should.

I really think had Geno gone to the Chiefs it would be close to a surefire homerun for the Chiefs. At least a year on the bench to get acquainted plus Reid and Pederson plus the offensive talent is EXACTLY what he needed to achieve his full NFL potential. There is no other team in the NFL I can think of that would have been better for a young QB than KC this year.

That's just kind of sad that we didn't even try to take advantage of that. WHENEVER the time comes that we want to draft a QB in the first round, the environment and setting I guarangoddamntee you will not be as cushy and nice as it was in 2013.

patteeu 04-15-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9589836)
Haha

So, he didn't let him walk...but he is currently a Ram.

Got it.

It's widely believed that the Rams and the Dolphins were both bidding for his services. If you call that "letting him walk", that's fine. On a related note, I don't know why we let Denver steal Peyton Manning from us last year.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9589935)
It'll give them more time than just having Alex Smith suck for three or four years. If you take the chance with a QB in the first round, something you haven't done since I was born, and you fail, you'll get another chance because at least you took that chance for the first time in three decades. If you fail on a retread QB, like the last regime failed bigtime on Matt Cassel, then didn't pull him when he clearly didn't deserve the job, THEN you find yourself with banners flying in the sky and fans wanting blood.

But people here say Alex Smith was traded for because he is the "safe" move and ensures 8-8 and job security.

AlexSmithDynasty 04-15-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589543)
Your job as a shitscraper doesn't compare to what Albert does for a living. Stop trying to equate the two.

LOL you're so clever, nice assumption but wrong unfortunately. I'm sorry about your insecurity that you have to lash out like this, I know you're an older person who isn't really happy with his life and this internet communication is one of your few outlets. I understand from your nearly 50,000 posts that you don't really have a whole lot else going on and I hope you stop being so miserable one day.

DTLB58 04-15-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9589759)
Chiefs sandwich a shitty year and having the first pick, between an generational Qb and generational pass rusher. Typical.

If Smith is as bad as all the Geno supporters say we may still have a chance at Clowney.

Mr. Laz 04-15-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9589935)

I understand

But Dorsey and Reid haven't been fans of the Chiefs for 30 years and aren't taking that into account. They are going by their evaluation of Geno Smith not 'fixing history'. Andy Reid has drafted a 1st round QB recently as well as in other rounds ... he's not a 'QB hater'. If they don't draft Geno Smith it will be because they don't think he's good enough.

Personally i think Geno Smith has the potential and would draft him.

But then again i also thought Jimmy Clausen had the talent too. :shrug:

Tribal Warfare 04-15-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9590005)
If Smith is as bad and frail as all the Geno supporters say we may still have a chance at Clowney.

FYP

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9589921)

Tyson Jackson is a pile of shit. He ranks as the second lowest 34 DE of the past four years drafted or UDFA.

Geno has everything you want in a NFL QB prospect. Size, arm, awareness, work ethic, accuracy, experience, etc. And he doesn't act entitled or elitist like guys like Sanchez, Clausen, Stafford, etc. He just wants to play football. His skill set reminds me of Aaron Rogers and his "IT" factor is on the level of another QB that I really liked because of his intangibles in Colin Kaepernick. Dude gets it on the field. You see a guy who is driven, who wants to make every pass perfect in order to win. I noticed it the first time I saw him play as a sophomore. You knew this guy was going to be special.

Geno Smith is going to be a player in this league. I think that the current Chiefs team is an absolutely perfect fit for him. And I think it's a perfect situation to come into. He doesn't have to start. He can learn the system, the league and work on his small mechanical issues. In two years, when Alex Smith's contract expires, Geno is going to be full on ready to take charge of this team.

And Geno is the best player in this draft. He not only plays the most important position on the field, but he did so at the college level better than anyone else available this year. His numbers last season were virtually identical to Luck and Griffin's last year in college (while playing in the same conference as Griffin). I truly don't know what else you could possibly want in a high ceiling NFL QB prospect. Geno has all the tools.

If Dorsey is a man true to his word of drafting the best player available, Geno Smith will be wearing a Chiefs uniform in 2013.

BossChief 04-15-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

It was meltdown city.

05: DJ over Rodgers
08: Albert over Flacco
11: Baldwin over Kaepernick
12: Stephenson over Wilson

Geno is arguably a better prospect than all of those guys were at the time, too...Rodgers is debateable.

Mr. Laz 04-15-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9590043)

Geno is arguably a better prospect than all of those guys were at the time, too...Rodgers is debateable.

Reid/Dorsey didn't have anything to do with those picks.

People are holding a grudge against Dorsey/Reid that occurred under other GM/HC's

RealSNR 04-15-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9590000)
LOL you're so clever, nice assumption but wrong unfortunately. I'm sorry about your insecurity that you have to lash out like this, I know you're an older person who isn't really happy with his life and this internet communication is one of your few outlets. I understand from your nearly 50,000 posts that you don't really have a whole lot else going on and I hope you stop being so miserable one day.

I'm 32. I'm not old.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

You do realize KC isn't the only team to pass those guys up for lesser players right? And some teams ****ed up even worse.

Hindsight is 20/20. I didn't see anyone on CP clamoring for any of those guys. **** we were ELATED when we got DJ.

Yet there is constant talk of how GMs need to listen to CP. difference is hindsight.

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9590051)

People are holding a grudge against Dorsey/Reid that occurred under other GM/HC's

And if they pass on a potential Pro Bowl level QB because they signed a retread (list every starting Chiefs QB since Blackledge other than Brodie Croyle), they you can add their names to the list of dickhead GM's/Head Coaches who ****ed over this franchise.

GordonGekko 04-15-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

I honestly had my doubts about Rodgers, came from the same system that produced Joey Harrington and Akili Smith. Honestly it's been one of the things I've been so completely wrong about, and made me realize that you have to keep trying drafting QB's because eventually one will hit and it will be huge.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Some people.

Not all.

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9590057)
You do realize KC isn't the only team to pass those guys up for lesser players right? And some teams ****ed up even worse.

Hindsight is 20/20. I didn't see anyone on CP clamoring for any of those guys. **** we were ELATED when we got DJ.

Yet there is constant talk of how GMs need to listen to CP. difference is hindsight.

I consistently said that I wanted the Chiefs to draft Kaepernick. In fact, I was probably the only one here who did.

penbrook 04-15-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590066)
I consistently said that I wanted the Chiefs to draft Kaepernick. In fact, I was probably the only one here who did.

Scott Pioli even had Kaepernick work out for him.

RunKC 04-15-2013 08:02 PM

We stay at 1 and we will choose the best player available, which is Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher or Dion Jordan.

The people saying Geno Smith is the best player available are the desperate, stupid fans who want him simply because he's a QB.

Mr. Laz 04-15-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590061)
And if they pass on a potential Pro Bowl level QB because they signed a retread (list every starting Chiefs QB since Blackledge other than Brodie Croyle), they you can add their names to the list of dickhead GM's/Head Coaches who ****ed over this franchise.

Only if Geno Smith actually turns into a franchise QB.

Potential will get you fired .......

penbrook 04-15-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590074)
We stay at 1 and we will choose the best player available, which is Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher or Dion Jordan.

The people saying Geno Smith is the best player available are the desperate, stupid fans who want him simply because he's a QB.

Luke Joeckel should not even be in the discussion of BPA.

houstonwhodat 04-15-2013 08:06 PM

Trade that pick to the Saints.

Not sure what you'll get though.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9590086)
Luke Joeckel should not even be in the discussion of BPA.

I hate it when I have to agree with penbook.

It makes me think I'm doing something wrong.

O.city 04-15-2013 08:15 PM

If they pick Dion Jordan and say he was the BPA in the whole draft, I'm gonna have to call liar on that one.

B14ckmon 04-15-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Repped

penbrook 04-15-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590114)
If they pick Dion Jordan and say he was the BPA in the whole draft, I'm gonna have to call liar on that one.

I can see Jordan and Geno as the only BPA in this draft.

O.city 04-15-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9589983)
No. Someone said he regrets it. I said he doesn't regret it and linked to an article where he says he'd do it over and over. You and a few others entered the picture and went off half-cocked.

And I ask again, what was he supposed to say? You think in the depths of his mind he really woudln't rather be sitting on what Matt Ryan is today, than Jake Long?

I don't know. I'm not in his head.

You can't say either way because we don't know what Matt Ryan would have turned into there. He's had a pretty great situation there in Atlanta.

O.city 04-15-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9590124)
I can see Jordan and Geno as the only BPA in this draft.

Neither of them are the best football player available. If you take either, you're taking them for what they could be, not what they are.

B14ckmon 04-15-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590133)
Neither of them are the best football player available. If you take either, you're taking them for what they could be, not what they are.

They are the best at their positions though.

Tribal Warfare 04-15-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590066)

I said that too chum

RunKC 04-15-2013 08:23 PM

The fans that want Geno remind me of the Jags and Vikings in 2011. Overdrafting a questionable QB prospect who didn't deserve to be picked where he was and then a few years later they realize that other players picked directly after you had better players who are making way more of an impact.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 08:24 PM

So if KC is begging out of #1 that means they don't want a LT right?

I find that to be good news.

lcarus 04-15-2013 08:24 PM

Stories like this getting out there will sure help us get the best possible value for our pick!

O.city 04-15-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590151)
The fans that want Geno remind me of the Jags and Vikings in 2011. Overdrafting a questionable QB prospect who didn't deserve to be picked where he was and then a few years later they realize that other players picked directly after you had better players who are making way more of an impact.

So what would have been different if they were picked in the second round? They're still shitty QB's no matter where they're picked.

B14ckmon 04-15-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Except the Jaguars fans DID NOT want to take Gabbert and Vikings fans were equally concerned about Ponder.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590164)
So what would have been different if they were picked in the second round? They're still shitty QB's no matter where they're picked.

Well I guess that's the point. You don't pick a QB just to say you did.

O.city 04-15-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9590172)
Well I guess that's the point. You don't pick a QB just to say you did.

Yeah, no shit.

We've sat thru 30 years of that mantra though. You also don't trade for a back up Qb just to do it.

BossChief 04-15-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

How is anyone holding a grudge against them when the draft hasn't even happened yet?

Reid and Dorsey were brought in to improve the team and give us a chance to win a championship...I find it hard to believe there isn't a single qb prospect in this whole draft that's better than Alex Smith
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9590057)

Oh, good.

The "they work in the NFL so we should cut them some slack" defense. These guys are paid to be the best at what they do...passing on every college quarterback and trading for a vet is ok...so long as it works out to be the best choice.

If Alex Smith is unable to get this team to the next level and a college quarterback gets another team there...then what?

Are we supposed to give them a mulligan with the first pick?

RunKC 04-15-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

I agree, though I bet a team like Jacksonville very well could have Dion Jordan at the top of their board.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590186)
Yeah, no shit.

We've sat thru 30 years of that mantra though. You also don't trade for a back up Qb just to do it.

So you think they traded for Alex Smith just to piss off CP? Seems to be the case because otherwise they don't know anything about football.

KChiefs1 04-15-2013 08:31 PM

Experts are now saying Joeckel, Fisher & Johnson will now all be pick in the top 5.

O.city 04-15-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590192)
I agree, though I bet a team like Jacksonville very well could have Dion Jordan at the top of their board.

I thought you said Jordan was BPA or potentially BPA at 1?

People dont' want to hear it, but in reality, there isn't a "BPA" available at 1 in this draft.

In the top 10, where you normally look for a cornerstone, this year there might end up being 2 of those guys or there might be 8. It's a crapshoot up there this year.

Identify who best fits your system and go from there.

RunKC 04-15-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590186)
Yeah, no shit.

The biggest difference is that Andy Reid is not a guy who's going to settle for shit like King Carl and Pioli.

If Alex Smith struggles like he did pre-2011, than he WILL be replaced.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9590190)
How is anyone holding a grudge against them when the draft hasn't even happened yet?

Reid and Dorsey were brought in to improve the team and give us a chance to win a championship...I find it hard to believe there isn't a single qb prospect in this whole draft that's better than Alex Smith

Oh, good.

The "they work in the NFL so we should cut them some slack" defense. These guys are paid to be the best at what they do...passing on every college quarterback and trading for a vet is ok...so long as it works out to be the best choice.

If Alex Smith is unable to get this team to the next level and a college quarterback gets another team there...then what?
Are we supposed to give them a mulligan with the first pick?

But it's ok if Geno sucks. At least they did what you wanted right.

And since YOU find it hard to believe this QB draft class sucks worse than a former #1 overall pick then I guess we will just defer to you.

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Really?

As I've asked you time and time again, give me one player in this draft who has not only the upside/ceiling of Geno Smith, but has the high level of consistent performance at the college level regardless of position.

Luke Joeckel? Eric Fisher? Dion Jordan? Please.

Why are these better prospects, in your opinion, than Geno?

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9590080)
Only if Geno Smith actually turns into a franchise QB.

Potential will get you fired .......

So will not drafting that potential.

O.city 04-15-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9590203)
So you think they traded for Alex Smith just to piss off CP? Seems to be the case because otherwise they don't know anything about football.

Don't come off at me all half cocked, telling me to "trust the process". No where in my post did I say that.

I said you don't trade for a back up Qb just to do it, unless you see something. Obviously they see something.

You realize it's possible for people who do know alot about football to make a mistake, right?

penbrook 04-15-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590206)
The biggest difference is that Andy Reid is not a guy who's going to settle for shit like King Carl and *****.

If Alex Smith struggles like he did pre-2011, than he WILL be replaced.

Alex even said if he doesnt win this year that he will be replaced.

BossChief 04-15-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

I was never a fan of Ponder and Jacksonville is just a shithole of a team to get drafted by. No talent.

If Gabbert were in this draft, I'd love to see what Andy Reid could do with him.

B14ckmon 04-15-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590210)
So will not drafting that potential.

What are you going to do after draft day with your avy and sig?

Marcellus 04-15-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590213)
Don't come off at me all half cocked, telling me to "trust the process". No where in my post did I say that.

I said you don't trade for a back up Qb just to do it, unless you see something. Obviously they see something.

You realize it's possible for people who do know alot about football to make a mistake, right?

People on message boards are usually right.

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Bullshit.

Geno had an historically good season in both his junior and senior years, equaling the "QB's of the century" in Luck and Griffin. He is the best QB in this draft. He's the best prospect in this draft. That's what he is. And his upside/ceiling is huge.

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

You've seriously gone full reerun.

Tell me why Geno doesn't deserve to be picked by the Chiefs at #1.

I'm waiting.

RunKC 04-15-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590208)
Really?

As I've asked you time and time again, give me one player in this draft who has not only the upside/ceiling of Geno Smith, but has the high level of consistent performance at the college level regardless of position.

Luke Joeckel? Eric Fisher? Dion Jordan? Please.

Why are these better prospects, in your opinion, than Geno?

I'll give you the biggest difference between Geno Smith and Luke Joeckel (since everyone picks on him).

Consistency

O.city 04-15-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590225)
Bullshit.

Geno had an historically good season in both his junior and senior years, equaling the "QB's of the century" in Luck and Griffin. He is the best QB in this draft. He's the best prospect in this draft. That's what he is. And his upside/ceiling is huge.

You keep getting hung up on numbers and production. That matters, but it's a small piece of the pie at this point.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590225)
Bullshit.

Geno shit down his leg at the worst moments. And when the world was watching to see if he was the man. I was hoping and praying he would kill it.

He looked horrible. Not just bad horrible.

O.city 04-15-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9590224)
People on message boards are usually right.

And highly paid GM's and head coaches are never wrong, right? Or is it just because they are now associated with the Chiefs, it's gonna work out?

BossChief 04-15-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9590207)
But it's ok if Geno sucks. At least they did what you wanted right.

And since YOU find it hard to believe this QB draft class sucks worse than a former #1 overall pick then I guess we will just defer to you.

I stand by my comparisons.

Geno ...McNabb
Barkley...Ryan
Wilson...Rivers
Glennon...Flacco

I know, I know...too risky.

O.city 04-15-2013 08:40 PM

So to everyone who says this QB class is such trash, what if the Chiefs draft one in the 3rd round? Is said player still trash, or because they are a Chief, are they going to be great?

penbrook 04-15-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590231)
I'll give you the biggest difference between Geno Smith and Luke Joeckel (since everyone picks on him).

Consistency

Joeckel consitently allowed blockers run through his inside and make Manziel scramble for his life.

Geno consistently puts his recievers in the proper places to make plays. Oh yea both of his recievers are going in the first three rounds. He makes people around him better.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590231)

Consistency

Consistency and safety is what killed the Chiefs in the 90s.

I don't want the 90s. I want a ****ing Super Bowl championship.

Roll the ****ing dice once in awhile. Grow a ****ing nutsack and quit sucking at the teat of mediocrity

O.city 04-15-2013 08:41 PM

If Joeckel was/is this model of consistency, we should have no problem trading down.

mcaj22 04-15-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590251)
If Joeckel was/is this model of consistency, we should have no problem trading down.

actually you have that wrong

if Geno Smith was the model for consistency, we should have no problem trading down, because that means some team would actually want him