ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Robert Redford In Talks To Star In ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271396)

keg in kc 04-07-2014 04:57 PM

Holy crap, this dude's funny as hell.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/s9IpyoDcfyY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaveNull 04-07-2014 05:52 PM

I'm glad someone in these movies is as excited about it as I would be.

bowener 04-07-2014 06:00 PM

Did you guys catch
Spoiler!

Also
Spoiler!

Edit:

And who is
Spoiler!

I decided to just google it... I see who he becomes now.

keg in kc 04-08-2014 09:32 AM

Spoiler!

Deberg_1990 04-08-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10546332)
Did you guys catch
Spoiler!

Also
Spoiler!

Edit:

And who is
Spoiler!

I decided to just google it... I see who he becomes now.

Im not a huge comic book geek, so i didnt catch all the cool things they threw into this. Pretty cool how they set this stuff up in case they want to bring in some of these characters again later.

I like that actor who played Brock, Frank Grillo. He was really good in Warrior and The Grey.

Here is a link to alot of the cool things they threw in.

http://www.hitfix.com/comedy/times-w...el-movie-plots

Hammock Parties 04-08-2014 05:42 PM

Holy shit.

The best superhero movie ever.

****ing awesome. I was in a constant state of jizzgasm.

My only question is WHERE THE **** IS IRON MAN during all of this.

Hammock Parties 04-08-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10546332)
Did you guys catch
Spoiler!

Yes. That was ****ing awesome. LMAO

In fact pretty much everything with SLJ in this movie kicked ass. Holy shit his SUV. :hail:

Aries Walker 04-08-2014 05:54 PM

Yeah.

Being someone who drives through the middle of DC almost every evening during rush hour, I really should get myself one of those.

Hammock Parties 04-08-2014 06:06 PM

The great thing about this movie is that I felt like anyone could die at any time, even Cap. And even though I KNEW
Spoiler!

They really executed everything so incredibly well.

And Stan Lee's cameo was awesome.

007 04-08-2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10548868)
The great thing about this movie is that I felt like anyone could die at any time, even Cap. And even though I KNEW
Spoiler!

They really executed everything so incredibly well.

And Stan Lee's cameo was awesome.

I love all his cameos but the one in Amazing Spiderman is by far the best one.

unlurking 04-08-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10548827)
Holy shit.

The best superhero movie ever.

****ing awesome. I was in a constant state of jizzgasm.

My only question is WHERE THE **** IS IRON MAN during all of this.

This was a great movie, but not the best. What was the best?

I don't know. I refuse think about it because there is no way I could live with CA being the best. That's just not a world I want to live in. So yeah. You're wrong.

Hammock Parties 04-08-2014 06:27 PM

No. Sorry. It's the best. Better than Avengers. Better than Iron Man. What else is there? Hulk? LOL. Thor. No. Spiderman? LOL

Also the trailer for the next X-Men movie gave me such a woody. GOD I LOVE BEING A NERD.

AustinChief 04-08-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10548918)
No. Sorry. It's the best. Better than Avengers. Better than Iron Man. What else is there? Hulk? LOL. Thor. No. Spiderman? LOL

Also the trailer for the next X-Men movie gave me such a woody. GOD I LOVE BEING A NERD.

I would say it's the best just as a movie but Avengers may take a slight (very slight) edge as a superhero movie. But in reality they are different enough that I shouldn't try to compare them. It's like trying to say Cool Hand Luke is better than Casablanca (or vice versa).

ThaVirus 04-08-2014 06:36 PM

I'm assuming you guys don't consider the Nolan trilogy superhero movies?

AustinChief 04-08-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10548949)

No, I do, I just don't think they are in the same ballpark as the Winter Soldier or Avengers. Not even remotely close actually.

Hammock Parties 04-08-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10548949)

This was on par with The Dark Knight, without being so SOOPER SERIOUS.

It really found an amazing balance between comedy, action and plot.

Just silly stuff like Cap saying "I had a big breakfast" makes it fun for me.

Plus Bruce Wayne is kind of an asshole. Cap is so easy to like. And dreamy.

unlurking 04-08-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10548961)
This was on par with The Dark Knight, without being so SOOPER SERIOUS.

It really found an amazing balance between comedy, action and plot.

Just silly stuff like Cap saying "I had a big breakfast" makes it fun for me.

I have to agree, I prefer a more light hearted approach. Probably why I prefer SHIELD over Arrow for TV shows.

ThaVirus 04-08-2014 06:43 PM

Wow. Some glowing reviews in this thread.. I'm gonna bow out and see it sometime this week. Matinee FTW!

unlurking 04-08-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10548976)
Wow. Some glowing reviews in this thread.. I'm gonna bow out and see it sometime this week. Matinee FTW!

I did matinee Saturday. It still cost $36 for two tickets to IMAX 3D.

keg in kc 04-08-2014 07:28 PM

I saw it at 10:45 am on Friday in 2d. $6.

007 04-08-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10548983)

do live on the coast? No way you spent that in KC

ThaVirus 04-08-2014 07:36 PM

I'll be hitting up the first 2D showing of the day. It's usually something ridiculously low like $5.

WhiteWhale 04-08-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10545845)
I took the kid (7 yo) to see it last night. We both thought it was bad ass.

Did you have any reservations about taking a 7 year old to such a violent movie? I would love to see the death count in that movie. It had to be well over 50.

Or do you, like so many, find such violent films acceptable for children as long as there is no blood or naughty words?

Don't get me wrong... I saw Robocop, Predator, and Die hard before I was 10 years old and it didn't scar me.. but this 'bloodless violence' trend so they can sell it more openly to kids seems wrong to me.

I'm more curious if you would feel the same if they used squib packs and showed the violence as being as messy as real violence is. Not condemning your parenting or anything. Just an honest question.

keg in kc 04-08-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10549163)

IMAX matinee here in Olathe is 13 each.

(Which is plenty bad enough in my book...).

007 04-08-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10549214)
Did you have any reservations about taking a 7 year old to such a violent movie? I would love to see the death count in that movie. It had to be well over 50.

Or do you, like so many, find such violent films acceptable for children as long as there is no blood or naughty words?

Don't get me wrong... I saw Robocop, Predator, and Die hard before I was 10 years old and it didn't scar me.. but this 'bloodless violence' trend so they can sell it more openly to kids seems wrong to me.

I'm more curious if you would feel the same if they used squib packs and showed the violence as being as messy as real violence is. Not condemning your parenting or anything. Just an honest question.

I didn't know much about CA but had no idea he killed as easily as he does. I always expected him to be more of the batman superman approach of not killing. Guess I really didn't know much about CA at all.

WhiteWhale 04-08-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10549232)
I didn't know much about CA but had no idea he killed as easily as he does. I always expected him to be more of the batman superman approach of not killing. Guess I really didn't know much about CA at all.

I'm not sure he, himself, really killed that many people.

unlurking 04-08-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10549163)

Denver.

ThaVirus 04-08-2014 07:50 PM

I have memories of watching The Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, etc from when I couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old AND I TURNED OUT JUST FINE

ThaVirus 04-08-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10549246)
Denver.

Ahh. Gotta pay for the added security protocol.

007 04-08-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10549235)
I'm not sure he, himself, really killed that many people.

There were a couple moments in this film that kind of surprised me. Plus, him taking on the machine guns in CA1 and Avengers. I know he is a soldier so it shouldn't have really surprised me.

I do think they keep his killing low for the most part because of the kids that may watch this. I'm not sure I would take my 6YO to see it though.

Aries Walker 04-08-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

He's a soldier. He tries not to, and he feels really bad when he does, but he'll kill people if he has to.

WhiteWhale 04-08-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10549266)
I have memories of watching The Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, etc from when I couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old AND I TURNED OUT JUST FINE

Yeah, I know. I also did.

That's not my point. My problem is that those movies were rated R and now they just remove blood and slap a PG(13) label on everything for the explicit purpose of selling it to kids. It seems really dishonest to me.

ThaVirus 04-08-2014 08:01 PM

Robert Redford In Talks To Star In ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10549287)
Yeah, I know. I also did.

That's not my point. My problem is that those movies were rated R and now they just remove blood and slap a PG(13) label on everything for the explicit purpose of selling it to kids.

Well, I can't speak as much to movies because I never really paid attention, but it has bothered me in cartoons.

I happened to watch some clips of the old Samurai Jack cartoon on YouTube the other day and that mother****er was killing everybody. No mercy.. But the show made it "ok" by making everyone he fought a robot or a shadow monster. No blood, no guts- only oil and black, shadowy goo.

And while we're in a comic book thread, pretty much any X Men cartoon ever made. Wolverine is basically useless. He'll get all pissed off, *snikt*, bear down on the enemy all intimidating-like, then...... slash his gun in half? I never noticed as a kid but they were trying to spare us the gore, I guess.

KC native 04-08-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10549214)

Zero problems with it. I watched much worse when I was younger than him.

The only thing that I would really avoid with him are movies with overt sexuality and over the top language. Kids hear adults cuss all the time. As long as he knows that he isn't allowed to say it and doesn't then I'm cool with it.

Wrt violence, obviously I won't be watching Django or Machete with him, but kids see violence on tv and movies all the time (Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, etc). As long as your kid can separate reality from friction and doesn't act out after seeing the movie then I don't have a problem with it.

Aries Walker 04-08-2014 08:04 PM

Plus, it's pretty badass when Cap takes out that gunship from his motorcycle.

You have to factor in the badass.

WhiteWhale 04-08-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10549361)
Well, I can't speak as much to movies because I never really paid attention, but it has bothered me in cartoons.

I happened to watch some clips of the old Samurai Jack cartoon on YouTube the other day and that mother****er was killing everybody. No mercy.. But the show made it "ok" by making everyone he fought a robot or a shadow monster. No blood, no guts- only oil and black, shadowy goo.

And while we're in a comic book thread, pretty much any X Men cartoon ever made. Wolverine is basically useless. He'll get all pissed off, *snikt*, bear down on the enemy all intimidating-like, then...... slash his gun in half? I never noticed as a kid but they were trying to spare us the gore, I guess.

That's an understandable point. It's not really what I'm addressing though. Destroying robots and killing humans are just totally different things in my eyes. I feel the whole purpose of this trend is to deceive parents to get more kids into the theater.

I'm sure you've noticed the trend... it's why we now have PG (13) die hard and robocop movies.

Hammock Parties 04-08-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10549390)

Oh my god. I was watching that scene thinking "welp, looks like they are going to capture him anyway."

NNNNNNNNNNNNOPE

WhiteWhale 04-08-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10549368)
Zero problems with it. I watched much worse when I was younger than him.

The only thing that I would really avoid with him are movies with overt sexuality and over the top language. Kids hear adults cuss all the time. As long as he knows that he isn't allowed to say it and doesn't then I'm cool with it.

Wrt violence, obviously I won't be watching Django or Machete with him, but kids see violence on tv and movies all the time (Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, etc). As long as your kid can separate reality from friction and doesn't act out after seeing the movie then I don't have a problem with it.

I guess we have very different views. I feel violence is much worse than bad words and boobs. Seems like strange priorities, but that's just my opinion. It's not that I think it traumatizes kids (again, I turned out okay), but it's deceptive.

For the record I never saw the ninja turtles kill a person in a cartoon.

KC native 04-08-2014 08:07 PM

I'm also not an overy protective and uptight parent. You can't control everything your kid will see or do so I feel it's best to gradually introduce stuff like violence in movies myself rather than have my kid be shocked because another parent is much more liberal with what they allow their kid to watch.

My wife and I disagree on the pace of introductions sometimes.

KC native 04-08-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10549390)

This. My kid was on the edge of his seat in that scene.

KC native 04-08-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10549404)
I guess we have very different views. I feel violence is much worse than bad words and boobs. Seems like strange priorities, but that's just my opinion.

For the record I never saw the ninja turtles kill a person in a cartoon.

I don't get hung up on bad words or boobs either, but I don't want my 7 year old watching sex scenes. if he were over 10, I would be more relaxed about those things.

It really is dependent on the movie and the context of the movie. Like I said Django or Machete are definite no's. The new robocop would be iffy and the old robocp is a definite no. Pacific Rim, CA, Xmen, Spiderman are all fine.

WhiteWhale 04-08-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10549406)
I'm also not an overy protective and uptight parent. You can't control everything your kid will see or do so I feel it's best to gradually introduce stuff like violence in movies myself rather than have my kid be shocked because another parent is much more liberal with what they allow their kid to watch.

My wife and I disagree on the pace of introductions sometimes.

Yeah, again I'm not trying to condemn you or anything. More just curious if you'd feel the same way if all of the people who got shot or killed actually bled. It seems like a stupid thing, in my opinion, to differentiate PG (13) and R-rated films simply by having less blood but just as much death.

Deberg_1990 04-08-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10549397)
That's an understandable point. It's not really what I'm addressing though. Destroying robots and killing humans are just totally different things in my eyes. I feel the whole purpose of this trend is to deceive parents to get more kids into the theater.

I'm sure you've noticed the trend... it's why we now have PG (13) die hard and robocop movies.

That's exactly what it is. It's all about box office. PG-13 movies make more money on the average than an R rated one.

Rausch 04-08-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

He's a soldier.

In the old days he would off Nazis like range targets. He's a highly moral guy but still makes the tough decisions.

WhiteWhale 04-08-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10549440)
I don't get hung up on bad words or boobs either, but I don't want my 7 year old watching sex scenes. if he were over 10, I would be more relaxed about those things.

It really is dependent on the movie and the context of the movie. Like I said Django or Machete are definite no's. The new robocop would be iffy and the old robocp is a definite no. Pacific Rim, CA, Xmen, Spiderman are all fine.

I can understand sex scenes, though a naked boob wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Fair enough. Thanks for explaining. :)

KC native 04-08-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10549444)
Yeah, again I'm not trying to condemn you or anything. More just curious if you'd feel the same way if all of the people who got shot or killed actually bled. It seems like a stupid thing, in my opinion, to differentiate PG (13) and R-rated films simply by having less blood but just as much death.

I still wouldn't have had a problem taking him if they had used blood packs and had people bleed.

WhiteWhale 04-08-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10549458)
I still wouldn't have had a problem taking him if they had used blood packs and had people bleed.

I wouldn't either, though it would get an R rating and probably make less money because many parents make those decisions based on the rating and not the content.

Again, my problem stems more from what I feel is dishonesty. You've answered everything and you have my gratitude.

beach tribe 04-09-2014 07:27 PM

Wow.

Wow.

Goose bumbs, still.

Great Fn Movie.

I love you, Marvel.

This shit is better than being 10 and reading the comics.

10 out of 10.

beach tribe 04-09-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10549398)
Oh my god. I was watching that scene thinking "welp, looks like they are going to capture him anyway."

NNNNNNNNNNNNOPE

They made Cap a straight up BOSS!

beach tribe 04-09-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10548907)
This was a great movie, but not the best. What was the best?

I don't know. I refuse think about it because there is no way I could live with CA being the best. That's just not a world I want to live in. So yeah. You're wrong.

I used to feel the same way.
Never was into Cap as a kid, and hated Chris Evans.
Was not excited much at all for "The First Avenger"
But as of right Now, Captain America is the Alpha Male.
Any question about who would win in a fight between Batman and CA should be put to bed.
Dude is a Tank. He'd crush Wayne's skull.
Talking straight up scrap here.

Setsuna 04-09-2014 10:50 PM

This movie rocked! Great plot development and character development.
Spoiler!

Aries Walker 04-10-2014 04:23 AM

Answer:
Spoiler!

beach tribe 04-10-2014 06:16 AM

Fn Bravo!

Unlike the other films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, "The Winter Soldier" minimizes the use of visual effects as much as possible. Anthony Mackie, elaborated: "The Russos, what they did that was so great was, they wanted to stay with live action, which is a dying art form...If they could build it, they built it. If we could do it, we did it. They wanted to do as little CGI as possible. That's why the movie looks so great."

Gravedigger 04-10-2014 06:40 AM

I loved it but I did have some small quips with it.

Spoiler!

Hammock Parties 04-10-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10552678)
Fn Bravo!

Unlike the other films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, "The Winter Soldier" minimizes the use of visual effects as much as possible. Anthony Mackie, elaborated: "The Russos, what they did that was so great was, they wanted to stay with live action, which is a dying art form...If they could build it, they built it. If we could do it, we did it. They wanted to do as little CGI as possible. That's why the movie looks so great."

THIS. LIVE ACTION STUNTS.

JD10367 04-10-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10548983)

Do you get head with that? Our IMAX 3D matinee is $14 each.

Gravedigger 04-10-2014 02:14 PM

Yeah go to the regular weeknight show, we paid 7.50 for each of our tickets.

Setsuna 04-10-2014 05:16 PM

"On your left..." :deevee:
Thanks Aries! I knew that was his name but I wasn't 100% sure so I didn't wanna look like a punk. But them being his children aren't canon?

Tribal Warfare 04-10-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10554164)
"On your left..." :deevee:

[politically sensitive comment] What, white guys can't run fast too? [/politically sensitive comment]

:D

Aries Walker 04-10-2014 05:26 PM

Oh no, it's definitely canon in the comics. It's a central issue in the comics. In the Marvel studios movies, though, it can't be, because Magneto - along with the rest of the X-Men - is licensed to Fox.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are, through a loophole in the licensing, allowed to be in both Fox's X-Men series (due to them being mutants) and Marvel's Avengers series (due to them being long-time Avengers). Fox is, so far, passing on Scarlet Witch, but weirdly enough, a different interpretation of Quicksilver is going to be in the upcoming X-Men movie.

Sigh. Such is the world of comic book movies.

Aries Walker 04-10-2014 05:31 PM

As for Scarlett being in this movie, she's very popular right now, so I can see why they featured her so prominently. Also, Black Widow was very much needed, not only so (and here I go into spoilerland) . . .

Spoiler!

Aries Walker 04-10-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10552959)
THIS. LIVE ACTION STUNTS.

James Bond always had a tradition of live-action stunts, until Die Another Day. Remember how well received that movie was? :doh!:

Oh, also: The remake of Gone in Sixty Seconds. Gah.

Setsuna 04-11-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10554188)
Oh no, it's definitely canon in the comics. It's a central issue in the comics. In the Marvel studios movies, though, it can't be, because Magneto - along with the rest of the X-Men - is licensed to Fox.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are, through a loophole in the licensing, allowed to be in both Fox's X-Men series (due to them being mutants) and Marvel's Avengers series (due to them being long-time Avengers). Fox is, so far, passing on Scarlet Witch, but weirdly enough, a different interpretation of Quicksilver is going to be in the upcoming X-Men movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10554197)
As for Scarlett being in this movie, she's very popular right now, so I can see why they featured her so prominently. Also, Black Widow was very much needed, not only so (and here I go into spoilerland) . . .

Spoiler!

Dang well that's bs. I thought X-Men was Marvel? How can they split up certain sections to different companies? That's foolish. And yeah I had no gripes about Black Widow being in the movie. She did provide the other side of the coin to Captain essentially. Thanks for expert knowledge on this stuff!

Deberg_1990 04-11-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10554188)

Yea, Marvel Studios can't use the word "mutant" in any of their movies apparently.

keg in kc 04-11-2014 09:27 AM

Here's your Fox version of Quicksilver...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gHGtWToCxQo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah.

Deberg_1990 04-11-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10555495)
Here's your Fox version of Quicksilver...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gHGtWToCxQo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah.

What the. :facepalm:

Bowser 04-11-2014 11:23 AM

Goddammit, FOX.

KC native 04-11-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10555741)
Goddammit, FOX.

this

Deberg_1990 04-11-2014 11:47 AM

Im just not sure about Singer returning to the XMen. X2 was great, but i thought Matthew Vaughn did a bang up job on First Class.

Plus he completely botched the Superman thing.

keg in kc 04-11-2014 12:06 PM

I actually liked his superman movie. There were flaws but all together I thought it was pretty well done.

I think Days of Future Past is looking like it could be something special, but it's really hard to tell from trailers. Those marketing teams can make anything look good.

Except that goofy-ass Quicksilver.

Easy 6 04-11-2014 06:54 PM

To state it plainly... this movie is BAUCE.

Got to see it in 3D and its just... wow, incredible action + script ripped straight from the headlines = BAUCE.

Its right there with The Dark Knight, that's really the highest compliment I can give it, its one of the two best superhero movies ever made, period... I think they're making a big mistake putting the new Batman/Supes flic out on the same day as the new Cap.

Setsuna 04-11-2014 08:05 PM

Wow that's Quicksilver? Sigh...

Aries Walker 04-12-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10556858)
Wow that's Quicksilver? Sigh...

That's the Quicksilver that's going to be in the X-Men movie. The Quicksilver that's going to be in the Avengers movie doesn't look so much like a sneering hipster.

Setsuna 04-12-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10557748)
That's the Quicksilver that's going to be in the X-Men movie. The Quicksilver that's going to be in the Avengers movie doesn't look so much like a sneering hipster.

What kind of bs is this? He looks like a pudge that can't run worth tits.

Bowser 04-12-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10557845)
What kind of bs is this? He looks like a pudge that can't run worth tits.

FOX Studios, hard at work.

Bowser 04-12-2014 03:42 PM

And the movie was fantastic. Very enjoyable.

keg in kc 04-14-2014 05:02 PM

Not really connected with the sequel but, well, I'd never seen it. Be fun to see what her series on ABC ends up being.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x1b8lwz" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1b8lwz_%E0%B8%8B-%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A2-marvel-one-shot-agent-carter_shortfilms" target="_blank">[ซับไทย] Marvel One-Shot Agent Carter</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/thaisubjackal" target="_blank">thaisubjackal</a></i>

Buehler445 04-16-2014 07:04 AM

I finally got around to seeing this. Goddamn movie companies need to quit releasing shit in April. Give this fat man a break.

Either way, great movie. Really drug me into it. I had a whole pile of shit going on in my head, and most movies wouldn't make me dump it. This one did. That's probably the best praise it could get. Very few movies could drag my ass away from the IRL stuff I had going yesterday.

The world wrecking worked. I was skeptical. But it freaking worked. I was second most skeptical about that part. It wasn't quite Game of Thrones chaos, but it definitely worked.

The Falcon character was really really well done. It took me a few minutes, but I finally figured out that he's Nate Ruffin in We are Marshall. I looked him up and he's been in a pile of movies I need to see. I thought he did a great job. That was probably the part I was most skeptical about. I thought it would be a hokey gimmick. I'll happily eat crow on that deal.

So, I need help from the guys that were paying attention/know more about the Cap cannon.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I wish they would have at least addressed Hawkeye. In Avengers, him and Black Widow were pretty tight. And like has been discussed, Thor's busy, Stark is melted down, Banner is in hiding, and Coulson is under siege. Hawkeye, for all intents and purposes should have been around. That and I like to watch Jeremy Renner wreck shit. Even if he was just protecting Cobie Smoulders, it would have been nice to tie him to the story.

Cobie Smoulders is still hot.

Buehler445 04-16-2014 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10562625)
Not really connected with the sequel but, well, I'd never seen it. Be fun to see what her series on ABC ends up being.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x1b8lwz" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1b8lwz_%E0%B8%8B-%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A2-marvel-one-shot-agent-carter_shortfilms" target="_blank">[ซับไทย] Marvel One-Shot Agent Carter</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/thaisubjackal" target="_blank">thaisubjackal</a></i>

That actually looks pretty good.

I actually enjoyed the old timey stuff in the first Cap movie and I think Haley Atwell can carry a series.

Fish 04-17-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10565710)
I finally got around to seeing this. Goddamn movie companies need to quit releasing shit in April. Give this fat man a break.

Either way, great movie. Really drug me into it. I had a whole pile of shit going on in my head, and most movies wouldn't make me dump it. This one did. That's probably the best praise it could get. Very few movies could drag my ass away from the IRL stuff I had going yesterday.

The world wrecking worked. I was skeptical. But it freaking worked. I was second most skeptical about that part. It wasn't quite Game of Thrones chaos, but it definitely worked.

The Falcon character was really really well done. It took me a few minutes, but I finally figured out that he's Nate Ruffin in We are Marshall. I looked him up and he's been in a pile of movies I need to see. I thought he did a great job. That was probably the part I was most skeptical about. I thought it would be a hokey gimmick. I'll happily eat crow on that deal.

So, I need help from the guys that were paying attention/know more about the Cap cannon.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I wish they would have at least addressed Hawkeye. In Avengers, him and Black Widow were pretty tight. And like has been discussed, Thor's busy, Stark is melted down, Banner is in hiding, and Coulson is under siege. Hawkeye, for all intents and purposes should have been around. That and I like to watch Jeremy Renner wreck shit. Even if he was just protecting Cobie Smoulders, it would have been nice to tie him to the story.

Cobie Smoulders is still hot.

Here's a spoiler to your first spoiler if you really want to know. Note that this info is very likely the plot of the next Cap film, so proceed at your own risk. It's very well known in the comics, but think twice whether you really want to know. Spoilers here:

Spoiler!

Other spoiler. Also very likely to play into the next Cap film storyline:

Spoiler!

As far as Hawkeye... I heard that he's likely going to get his own stand alone film.