ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs New York Post NFL writer on Clark - "Didn’t strike me as the sharpest guy around." (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267365)

htismaqe 12-04-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9181061)
How many "involved" owners win it all. You hire the best GM candidate and let him do his job. I don't blame Clark for giving Pioli 4 years to creat something.

And again, the idea that you can't have passion for something because you also love something else is a joke. I have played baseball since I was 5 and never played a down of organized football. Doesn't mean I can't love it to death.

The Rooney's are involv...oh, wait...

GloryDayz 12-04-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9181061)
How many "involved" owners win it all. You hire the best GM candidate and let him do his job. I don't blame Clark for giving Pioli 4 years to creat something.

And again, the idea that you can't have passion for something because you also love something else is a joke. I have played baseball since I was 5 and never played a down of organized football. Doesn't mean I can't love it to death.

I'm not sure it's as much a question of a physical presence as it is the lack of any real presence and consecutive decisions that show no indication of caring. So his being here to console the team was a nice touch and very appropriate - that's not my beef. I'm not looking for a Jerry Jones in terms of visibility, but it'd be nice to know that Pioli's issues not being addressed. So I get the quiet types, but frequently you don't have to the see the owner to see he's making changes. And who ever said that a word from the owner is a bad thing?

Chief_For_Life58 12-04-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9181081)
Hiring the highest paid and most sought after GM in the NFL his 2nd year in charge?

Yea it was a colossal **** up but it wasn't from lack of effort and 90% of the NFL world thought it was a great hire.

We'll see how he handles this offseason. What he does will forever show that he doesn't give a flying ****. egoli will be here, crennel will "retire". we'll draft a d lineman. quinn will start. we'll draft landry jones to back him up

Chronic 12-04-2012 06:39 PM

Free Agency Collapse

Stanley Routt
Winston
Boss

What an epic failure

Cephalic Trauma 12-04-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 9181111)
Stanley Routt
Winston
Boss

What an epic failure

So much fail when the guy doesn't even show up...

Marcellus 12-04-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9181106)
We'll see how he handles this offseason. What he does will forever show that he doesn't give a flying ****. egoli will be here, crennel will "retire". we'll draft a d lineman. quinn will start. we'll draft landry jones to back him up

What was your honest opinion when Pioli was hired? Did you think oh shit what a mistake, this shows Clark doesn't care?

If he fails to address the situation this off season, yea it shows Clark is nutless. I don't think that's going to happen.

GloryDayz 12-04-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9181081)
Hiring the highest paid and most sought after GM in the NFL his 2nd year in charge?

Yea it was a colossal **** up but it wasn't from lack of effort and 90% of the NFL world thought it was a great hire.

We all thought it was a good hire, but not putting him on a PIP after so many clearly questionable player acquisitions and not getting close enough to see how these poor acquisitions were a sign that it was a LOT more than him being the "magic" that is New England, is what draws so much ire from me. So as I said before, no need to a Jerry Jones, but if you're not going to be a Jerry Jones you need to be close enough to remind him that these head-scratching first-round picks, and an allegiance to a QB that only he sees as a franchise QB, has him on a short short rope. Gum wrappers??? I mean I get the concept of attention to detail, but Chunt letting Pioli do all these things that were cheap knock-offs of the Patriot way sure don't seem to work without an world-class QB and equally awesome head coach - who seems anything but affected by what the GM thinks. I could be wrong, but I don't think BB ever really cared too much about what Pioli thought!

Undue pressure on a GM? Nope, it's the nature of the business. When you talk the owner into paying a QB that kind of coin, you tell the QB he's going to have to perform.

I'm not saying it's easy, but we all have numbers we have to meet "or else."

htismaqe 12-04-2012 06:59 PM

How do you know he didn't put him on a PI plan?

GloryDayz 12-04-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9181154)
How do you know he didn't put him on a PI plan?

Just like anybody else, you call them in and give them performance metric they need to meet or exceed. It's no different between than any other employee, it might just be done over dinner at Morton's instead of the office. In the end, he's an employee just like every other employee. They all have challenges in terms of supervising, but in the end you don't have to be specific about the "or else." I'm sure if he just indicated that if some of these questionable hires don't produce on the field, he may have to bring in some people to help him make those final decisions and judge talent and the team's needs. Subtle but effective for a proud man like Scott.

Rausch 12-04-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9181165)
Just like anybody else, you call them in and give them performance metric they need to meet or exceed. It's no different between than any other employee...

Only it is.

A huge difference...

Cephalic Trauma 12-04-2012 07:14 PM

ROFL At the people in this thread who not only have the audacity to call Hunt stupid, but also provide their takes on how to be a good owner. It's similar to those who say they "watch the tape" and act as if they know coaching strategy.

Shut up.

GloryDayz 12-04-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9181168)
Only it is.

A huge difference...

You're right, it's done with a $500 bottle of wine, cloth napkins and a coat check... Other than that, the base concept is the same.

Rausch 12-04-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9181177)
You're right, it's done with a $500 bottle of wine, cloth napkins and a coat check... Other than that, the base concept is the same.

If it was Pioli would have been stripped down as a human being and thrown out on his ass after game 5...

GloryDayz 12-04-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9181180)
If it was Pioli would have been stripped down as a human being and thrown out on his ass after game 5...

Then there's that non-HR-recommended way of handling it...

Rausch 12-04-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9181185)
Then there's that non-HR-recommended way of handling it...

The way most employers do.

If you fail horribly, at every level, and do so for years...well, in the real world that's not even possible.

GloryDayz 12-04-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9181204)
The way most employers do.

If you fail horribly, at every level, and do so for years...well, in the real world that's not even possible.

I'm not against it... If we're going to have a reasonable "failure is not an option" mindset, longterm employment for just showing up is going to need to be a thing of the past... So picking up gum wrappers is fine, but you need 12 wins in the regular season to keep working here... and even with that mindset, if we had another year like last year - where so many players had legitimate season-ending injuries - I'm willing to bet there would have been some deserved understanding.

Dallas Chief 12-04-2012 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 9180413)
There's a reason Harvard doesn't call itself the "SMU of the North."

And where do you go to school?

Ace Gunner 12-04-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9180606)
Show off your knowledge to me, genius. Let's see if you've been studying:

What's the difference between a fact and an opinion? Give examples of both.

Clark Hunt is the man at the helm of ruining your sundays for the past several years. My opinion is that he will continue to do this to you:D

That is Clark Hunt's legacy. If he has done anything for his wealth per se, it has not contributed to the riches that are the Lamar Hunt & father estate.

Rausch 12-04-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9181230)
I'm not against it... If we're going to have a reasonable "failure is not an option" mindset, longterm employment for just showing up is going to need to be a thing of the past... So picking up gum wrappers is fine, but you need 12 wins in the regular season to keep working here... and even with that mindset, if we had another year like last year - where so many players had legitimate season-ending injuries - I'm willing to bet there would have been some deserved understanding.

Break it down do simple terms:

1) Pioli has never drafted a player who has HOF potential in 4 years.
2) Pioli has not drafted or signed more than 1 pro bowl player in 4 years.
3) In 4 years Pioli has only taken this team to one playoff game. We were not competitive in that game.

Compare that performance to any other GM in the league...

RunKC 12-04-2012 07:51 PM

This thread should be bumped in a month when Clark keeps Pioli.

The people defending him right now will change their tune and destroy him.

Can't wait. I'll have the popcorn ready!

Ace Gunner 12-04-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9181269)

http://images.wikia.com/random-ness/.../9/9e/Boom.gif

Brock 12-04-2012 08:02 PM

But Jerry Jones is smart, right?

Chief_For_Life58 12-04-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9181138)
What was your honest opinion when Pioli was hired? Did you think oh shit what a mistake, this shows Clark doesn't care?

If he fails to address the situation this off season, yea it shows Clark is nutless. I don't think that's going to happen.

I was excited bc we finally got carl out after like 3 centuries of bullsh#t. I was truly excited about pioli then one of my college buddies from mass was like pioli has been riding the bellicheat n brady wave & he didnt care they lost him like everyone else from the aids tree...when he said that I was like whatever man ur just pissed u lost the true genius. he reminds me of that conversation every ****ing time I talk to him. but back to your point Yes I was excited & I did think wow this is sweet clark is hands on as **** he aint taking sh#t! All I know is that this offseason is so ****ing hugely important for clark its not even funny. I honestly dont think he truly cares about this franchise he just cares about his online bank statement so as of now im thinking hes gonna completely **** it up & keep pioli. clark doesnt know what to do

Chief_For_Life58 12-04-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9181295)

wait whatd you say? I can't hear you, these 3 superbowl rings & handful of cowboy hofers are in the way -jerry

Rausch 12-04-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9181327)
wait whatd you say? I can't hear you, these 3 superbowl rings & handful of cowboy hofers are in the way -jerry

jERRY won 3 Super Bowls?...

lcarus 12-04-2012 08:21 PM

I graduated with a 4.0 from a little school called Cornell. Ever heard of it? Oh what's that...nobody cares?

http://cdn2.mamapop.com/wp-content/u...dy-bernard.jpg

Chief_For_Life58 12-04-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9181330)
jERRY won 3 Super Bowls?...

pretty sure he bought the boys in 89' right? correct me if im wrong but 1992 1993 1995 come after 1989 right?

Rausch 12-04-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9181341)
pretty sure he bought the boys in 89' right? correct me if im wrong but 1992 1993 1995 come after 1989 right?

Ok, just wanted to make sure you attributed all that to him...

Rausch 12-04-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9181295)

Apparently, he won 3 SB's...

Ace Gunner 12-04-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9181368)

"you dint build that!!"

Rausch 12-04-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9181375)
"you dint build that!!"

No, I didn't.

SAUTO 12-04-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9181064)
OMG, he's back, the short-bus has dropped off its load.

Dude, read some of my posts and then compare them to yours.

I tried to do the same thing but I couldn't understand most of the shit you are saying. Make believe rants
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief_For_Life58 12-04-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9181368)

lets see here...jerry buys the team...hires jimmy...jimmy drafts aikman...they win 3 superbowls...where does the credit go? the mexican living under the bridge outside the stadium?

Brock 12-04-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9181327)

That was when he was letting Jimmy Johnson run things. After Jerry took all control over the team and its operations, it became a completely mediocre team.

Brock 12-04-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9181399)
lets see here...jerry buys the team...hires jimmy...jimmy drafts aikman...they win 3 superbowls...where does the credit go? the mexican living under the bridge outside the stadium?

Jimmy drafted Aikman, coached the team, made all the personnel decisions. But yeah, if you want to give credit to Jones for making one good decision in 20 years, be my guest.

Ace Gunner 12-04-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9181407)
Jimmy drafted Aikman, coached the team, made all the personnel decisions. But yeah, if you want to give credit to Jones for making one good decision in 20 years, be my guest.

"one good decision in 20 years" yielded 3 championships. And OBTW- Switzer won one of those rings, so I guess you think Switzer was the braintrust there also. Either way, beats the shit out of one good decision in 50 years that yielded only one championship. But that's just me.

Chief_For_Life58 12-04-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9181407)

umm yeah I will. that one choice sh#ts all over the 60 year history of our franchise

Brock 12-04-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9181416)
"one good decision in 20 years" yielded 3 championships. Beat the shit out of one good decision in 50 years that yielded only one championship. But that's just me.

Should have been more.

Brock 12-04-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9181421)
umm yeah I will. that one choice sh#ts all over the 60 year history of our franchise

Wow, no shit. Does that make Jerry Jones some kind of ****ing football genius? they've won one playoff game since 1996, with every resource under the sun.

In before "better than KC, derp", which avoids the point.

Chief_For_Life58 12-04-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9181435)
Wow, no shit. Does that make Jerry Jones some kind of ****ing football genius? they've won one playoff game since 1996, with every resource under the sun.

jerry jones > **** family

Chief_For_Life58 12-04-2012 09:00 PM

whats your point again brock?

Brock 12-04-2012 09:02 PM

The point is pretty clear. People running down Hunt's intelligence are of the same dumbass level as those who talk about watching tape of Bowe's route running. They're dumbasses.

GloryDayz 12-04-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9181381)
Dude, read some of my posts and then compare them to yours.

I tried to do the same thing but I couldn't understand most of the shit you are saying. Make believe rants
Posted via Mobile Device

The bus will pick you up early in the morning....so off to bed SPED.

DeezNutz 12-04-2012 09:06 PM

Agree that attacks on Hunt's level of intelligence are ridiculous at best. There is simply no question that he's a bright guy.

However, it's more than fair to question his passion for winning, but that's an entirely different (rehashed) thread.

Rausch 12-04-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9181440)
whats your point again brock?

He hired a great HC that won for half a decade.

After that HC left he's been pathetic.

Same as KC...

Chief_For_Life58 12-04-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9181442)
The point is pretty clear. People running down Hunt's intelligence are of the same dumbass level as those who talk about watching tape of Bowe's route running. They're dumbasses.

haha good one.

just because chunt was good at reading stuff in a book and writing it down on a test does not make him "smart"....I got a finance degree from a major university and most of the kids who got A +'s couldnt even hold a normal conversation. who the fuck would hire a reerun like that where the employer has to hold their dick every 5 minutes. they dont. they do research their whole lives cus they cant think outside the box. clark has no idea what hes doing with our franchise.

and for bowe, he drops big catches and doesnt give it 100% every game. if u dont see that youre not watching

GloryDayz 12-04-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9181435)

He had more "resources" than the Hunts? Like cleats for the players, and all our players had was gray tape?

bobinkc 12-04-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9181451)
haha good one.

just because chunt was good at reading stuff in a book and writing it down on a test does not make him "smart"....I got a finance degree from a major university and most of the kids who got A +'s couldnt even hold a normal conversation. who the fuck would hire a reerun like that where the employer has to hold their dick every 5 minutes. they dont. they do research their whole lives cus they cant think outside the box. clark has no idea what hes doing with our franchise.

and for bowe, he drops big catches and doesnt give it 100% every game. if u dont see that youre not watching

Too bad you didn't major in English.

Rausch 12-04-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

haha good one.

just because chunt was good at reading stuff in a book and writing it down on a test does not make him "smart"....

Not the start to a brilliant argument...

GloryDayz 12-04-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Who uses tape anymore, we all have HD DVRs...

Chief_For_Life58 12-04-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinkc (Post 9181461)
Too bad you didn't major in English.

im glad I didnt, id be unemployed or living on food stamps like every other english major in this country

Cephalic Trauma 12-04-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Boom. Agree, as I stated earlier in the thread. It's obnoxious, yet people continue on as if they know what they're talking about.

Cephalic Trauma 12-04-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9181491)
im glad I didnt, id be unemployed or living on food stamps like every other english major in this country

You can't be far off. It's a wonder how people who can't even form and phrase a coherent thought are employed.

GloryDayz 12-04-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9181500)
Boom. Agree, as I stated earlier in the thread. It's obnoxious, yet people continue on as if they know what they're talking about.

370 posts into you CP career and you've defined obnoxious.. Eric Winston would say that's disgusting...

ChiefsCountry 12-04-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9180792)
the fact is. most of the people who do finish top in their grades are ****ing weird cus they have absolutely no social skills.

ifchunt had a passion for football he woulda played it growing up, went to umkc, or not even go to college just learn as much as hrew could from arrowhead. you guys who think he really cares are ****ing stupid. if he cared about thr chiefs he wouldnt if went n got a finance job after college not to mention he went to college in dallas for 7 years. u guys keep telling yourselves clark truly cares cus he doesnt

This might be one of the dumbest posts ever on CP, which is saying alot.

Rausch 12-04-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9181491)

THAT'S NOT..........EH.........****....:(

Chief_For_Life58 12-04-2012 09:39 PM

clark isnt one of these baller entrepreneurial self made billionaires...hes a guy who lived in privilege his whole life and does not know what its like to grind his ass off working fulltime in college to pay for it or working in the mail room and working his way up to cfo. I dont see why all you guys suck his D so hard.

Chief_For_Life58 12-04-2012 09:40 PM

the dude is way in over his head. he does not know football or how to run a massive business

Rausch 12-04-2012 09:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgYYaL--1qc

Rausch 12-04-2012 09:55 PM

http://youtu.be/EjO_QfFYV78

Rausch 12-04-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo Jackson
I don't think any professional athlete will start to live his life until he's out of sports and spends time with his family.

You argue what you want but that's as clear a perfect balance between sports and priorities as there ever was...

BigRock 12-04-2012 10:26 PM

When he's not dealing with locals he has a rapport with, I've never thought Clark seemed particularly comfortable dealing with media. Even under good circumstances. I don't think it's much of a surprise if he didn't come off well to someone under some of the worst circumstances possible.

NJChiefsFan 12-04-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9181269)

Are you implying there is something wrong with that? Up until now Clark hired the GM everyone wanted and gave him room to work. It is clear he isn't right for the job. If he gets rid of him he continues to show he wants a real GM. If he doesn't he is showing he really isn't that concerned about the team.

How is that any kind of changing of tune? It would just follow what we have been saying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9181421)

Except we aren't talking about 60 years, we are talking about what Clark has done. Since he took over he removed a GM his daddy wouldn't and went out and got the GM everyone said was the best man for the job. He then followed by giving Scott 4 years. There is nothing crazy about that. If he fires him this off season I don't see how Clark has done anything wrong with the GM position.

The difference between Jerry and Clark is this, one got his first hire right and one didn't. Problem is Clark hired the man everybody thought was right so I think its wildy unfair to rip him for it. I venture a guess that you were happy with the Pioli hire. Beyond that, Jerry has made a mess of the team on the field since then.

You could argue that because Jerry has actually admitted in public he would fire the GM for his performance if HE wasn't the GM, that Jerry is more about making money and having fun than anything else.

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9181623)

Except we aren't talking about 60 years, we are talking about what Clark has done. Since he took over he removed a GM his daddy wouldn't and went out and got the GM everyone said was the best man for the job. He then followed by giving Scott 4 years. There is nothing crazy about that. If he fires him this off season I don't see how Clark has done anything wrong with the GM position.

The difference between Jerry and Clark is this, one got his first hire right and one didn't. Problem is Clark hired the man everybody thought was right so I think its wildy unfair to rip him for it. I venture a guess that you were happy with the Pioli hire. Beyond that, Jerry has made a mess of the team on the field since then.

You could argue that because Jerry has actually admitted in public he would fire the GM for his performance if HE wasn't the GM, that Jerry is more about making money and having fun than anything else.

Jerry Jones > Chunt

Cowboys roster > Chiefs roster

Jerry Jones life achievements > Clarks

3 superbowls > 1 in 60 years

Cowboys franchise > chiefs franchise

Jerry Jones sh#ts on Clark in every aspect.

At least Jerry cares about his team and is involved in every process AND has a deep passion for the game of football. Clark just sits back, lives in dallas, watches away games on tv, and makes sure the chiefs are profitable, which every team in the league is. clarks a joke. he has not accomplished anything of actual significance in his life.

milkman 12-05-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

haha good one.

You haven't yet graduated from pre-school.

Finance degree from a major university, my ass.

|Zach| 12-05-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9182591)

ROFL

ThaVirus 12-05-2012 12:29 PM

Man, that's pretty low.

That's one thing I'll never do is comment on a man's intelligence (outside of the Internet of course LMAO). I find that to be the most insulting thing you can do..

KurtCobain 12-05-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9182607)
Man, that's pretty low.

That's one thing I'll never do is comment on a man's intelligence (outside of the Internet of course LMAO). I find that to be the most insulting thing you can do..

Especially to the media.

Frosty 12-05-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9180618)
but there must be something in his personality that makes people believe, at least in the beginning, that he's not as sharp as one would expect.

It's the southern accent.

DaWolf 12-05-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182317)
Jerry Jones > Chunt

At least Jerry cares about his team and is involved in every process AND has a deep passion for the game of football. Clark just sits back, lives in dallas, watches away games on tv, and makes sure the chiefs are profitable, which every team in the league is. clarks a joke. he has not accomplished anything of actual significance in his life.

I look at it more like this: Jerry Jones got lucky that he hired a great head coach and evaluator in Jimmy Johnson, and got three super bowls out of it. Jerry Jones also couldn't get out of his own way and has been largely irrelevant since.

All Hunt needs to do is get lucky and find that great talent evaluator and coach and we know he will get out of the way and let it roll, much like Bob Kraft has done in New England. And then everyone will be talking about what a great owner he is. Of course the trick is he still has to hire the right guy...

GoChargers 12-05-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182317)
Jerry Jones > Chunt

Jerruh Jones kept Norv Turner employed for years and is the reason he still gets coaching jobs almost 20 years later.

Advantage: Hunt

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9182591)

youre funny.
Actually its an economics degree. & too bad I don't give 2 sh#ts about my reputation on a internet message board to take a picture of my diploma hanging on my wall at home after work today to post it. you sir, can suck it.

Frosty 12-05-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182674)
youre funny.
Actually its an economics degree. & too bad I don't give 2 sh#ts about my reputation on a internet message board to take a picture of my diploma hanging on my wall at home after work today to post it. you sir, can suck it.

I guess you just proved your point about someone with "book learnin'" not necessarily being smart IRL. Congrats!

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9182646)
I look at it more like this: Jerry Jones got lucky that he hired a great head coach and evaluator in Jimmy Johnson, and got three super bowls out of it. Jerry Jones also couldn't get out of his own way and has been largely irrelevant since.

All Hunt needs to do is get lucky and find that great talent evaluator and coach and we know he will get out of the way and let it roll, much like Bob Kraft has done in New England. And then everyone will be talking about what a great owner he is. Of course the trick is he still has to hire the right guy...

he got lucky playing on the same university of Arkansas football team as jimmy back in the day.
Jerry is a bad ass. just admit it. You wish you won a national championship playing football. Then started an extremely successful oil and gas company. Then bought the cowboys for like a tenth the value it is today. probably more. I do anyway. I'll take a self made billionaire baller owner/gm over some silver spoon fed soccer playing pussy bitch any day.

Clark probably is a reerun talking to him unless you're talking to him about Tbonds or mutual funds. The reporter didn't just come up with that out of the blue.

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9182688)
I guess you just proved your point about someone with "book learnin'" not necessarily being smart IRL. Congrats!

I wasn't book smart. I worked my ass off working part time all through college to graduate in 4 and a half years with a good enough gpa to get a solid paying job right out of college. something clark knows nothing about.

Brock 12-05-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182701)
I wasn't book smart. I worked my ass off working part time all through college to graduate in 4 and a half years with a good enough gpa to get a solid paying job right out of college. something clark knows nothing about.

that's surprising, because your posts make you sound like a complete dumbass.

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 01:12 PM

bottom line is, I don't think Clark knows what to do with our franchise, nor does he care to think about it long enough to make a good choice either.

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182690)
he got lucky playing on the same university of Arkansas football team as jimmy back in the day.
Jerry is a bad ass. just admit it. You wish you won a national championship playing football. Then started an extremely successful oil and gas company. Then bought the cowboys for like a tenth the value it is today. probably more. I do anyway. I'll take a self made billionaire baller owner/gm over some silver spoon fed soccer playing pussy bitch any day.

Clark probably is a reerun talking to him unless you're talking to him about Tbonds or mutual funds. The reporter didn't just come up with that out of the blue.

Ironic since Jerry Jones was a silver spoon kid as well.

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9182723)
Ironic since Jerry Jones was a silver spoon kid as well.

he turned that silver spoon into a gold & platinum spoon with diamonds on it

milkman 12-05-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182674)
youre funny.

Wouldn't matter.

Even if you actually had a diploma, and cared enough to prove it with a picture of said diploma hanging on the wall, I would not believe it was yours.

You're a ****ing idiot.

There's no way in hell you have the intelligence to graduate from pre-school, much less high school, then college.