ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Peter King: Scouts not impressed with 2013 QB class (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266090)

Sorter 11-03-2012 10:51 AM

Where did all of this Foles love come from?

TRR 11-03-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9078908)
Agreed. He is smart, creative, and has all the physical tools to make it work.

He seems to be responsible, a strong leader, and ready for the NFL.

3 year starter at a big-time school with success?

Yeah, I'll take that.

Smith hasn't handdled the press well at all this year. Saying things like "I don't take anything away from the loss" and telling a reported when put on the spot "That's a stupid question.". He needs to grow up quick if he's going to be the #1 pick in the draft.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 11-03-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 9079502)
Smith hasn't handdled the press well at all this year. Saying things like "I don't take anything away from the loss" and telling a reported when put on the spot "That's a stupid question.". He needs to grow up quick if he's going to be the #1 pick in the draft.
Posted via Mobile Device

:whackit:

"Grow up quick"

That's cute.

TRR 11-03-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9079507)
:whackit:

"Grow up quick"

That's cute.

Nothing cute about it. He has shown immaturity in handling the media. Not a good sign when things are going rough.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 11-03-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 9079509)
Nothing cute about it. He has shown immaturity in handling the media. Not a good sign when things are going rough.
Posted via Mobile Device

And Dan Marino used naughty words when he was having a bad practice at Arrowhead.

Nobody gives a shit. Is he a team leader and do his teammates want to play for him? Oh, and does he have a clean record? All of those things are a part of his character profile, and they're the only things that matter remotely.

Chief Roundup 11-03-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

I haven't heard about this stuff. So he is acting worse or similar to the way Cam Newton has acted this year?

RealSNR 11-03-2012 11:24 AM

Geno Smith could take his clothes off and start teabagging all the reporters in the room. I wouldn't give a ****ing shit, and neither should you.

Who cares how he handles the media?

Rausch 11-03-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9079527)
And Dan Marino used naughty words when he was having a bad practice at Arrowhead.

Dan Marino is the biggest asshole to ever play QB.

Period.

He's a screaming, blame-laying, self-entitled, braggart POS.

I have NONE respect for him.

None.

And he has NONE super bowls.

Perhaps there's a correlation...

RealSNR 11-03-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9079533)

Period.

None.

None of those are characteristics of Geno Smith

Chief Roundup 11-03-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah if he is having trouble with the pressure and media at the college level then he is very likely to have those same problems in the NFL. The QB has to be able to always say the right things no matter what. They need to be able to say those things with out much sign of emotion. We don't want Ryan Leaf.

Rausch 11-03-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9079533)

Period.

None.

Just had to get that out there...

Chief Roundup 11-03-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9079549)
Just had to get that out there...

yeah your use of the word NONE was astounding. LOL

RealSNR 11-03-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9079537)
Yeah if he is having trouble with the pressure and media at the college level then he is very likely to have those same problems in the NFL. The QB has to be able to always say the right things no matter what. They need to be able to say those things with out much sign of emotion. We don't want Ryan Leaf.

Once again, a QB can handle the media any way he chooses within reason.

I have yet to see a link or actual evidence that Geno said "That's a stupid question" in a press conference. If he did, guess what? I don't care. Tell me how that reflects poorly on his ability to lead a team or be a great character figure just because he told off some slimy snot-nosed reporter.

Rausch 11-03-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9079557)

I have yet to see a link or actual evidence that Geno said "That's a stupid question" in a press conference. If he did, guess what? I don't care. Tell me how that reflects poorly on his ability to lead a team or be a great character figure just because he told off some slimy snot-nosed reporter.

McNabb was constantly lambasted for his remarks in the media.

But he won.

****ler is having the bricks thrown at him now.

But he's doing ok.

And most players will talk up Payed-a-ton in the media and go home and tell their wives how much of a slave-driving prick he is.

But, the goofy doucebag wins...

Chief Roundup 11-03-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9079557)

Because it is a sign of immaturity. It is a sign that he can't handle the situations without losing control.
You don't see the best QB's losing control ever. If you can't handle the media how are you going to be able to handle getting your ass handed to you by a pass rush. You going to act like Jay Cutler and trash your team. You going to act like Ryan Leaf and yell at the media. Or are you going to act like Brady, Manning and so on.
The good ones can always handle themselves in these situations by being calm, cool, and collected.

ILChief 11-03-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9079573)
Because it is a sign of immaturity. It is a sign that he can't handle the situations without losing control.
You don't see the best QB's losing control ever. If you can't handle the media how are you going to be able to handle getting your ass handed to you by a pass rush. You going to act like Jay Cutler and trash your team. You going to act like Ryan Leaf and yell at the media. Or are you going to act like Brady, Manning and so on.
The good ones can always handle themselves in these situations by being calm, cool, and collected.

What did Geno say to the media?

RealSNR 11-03-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

The misstatements and stretches in this post are so comical I'm not even going to dignify a response.

In the meantime, you and your buddy TRR can help your case by finding proof that Geno Smith said those things. I keep up to date on my Geno stuff, and have never ever come across those words that he said in a press conference.

Chief Roundup 11-03-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9079575)

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 11-03-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Sauce?

Chief Roundup 11-03-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9079579)
The misstatements and stretches in this post are so comical I'm not even going to dignify a response.

In the meantime, you and your buddy TRR can help your case by finding proof that Geno Smith said those things. I keep up to date on my Geno stuff, and have never ever come across those words that he said in a press conference.

I never said he said it. I just pointed out the problems if he did say those things and has that type of attitude.

How did I stretch anything or make any misstatements?

Sorter 11-03-2012 12:06 PM

Still patiently waiting for some proof...

RealSNR 11-03-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9079599)
I never said he said it. I just pointed out the problems if he did say those things and has that type of attitude.

Red = A stretch
Green = A false statement

Quote:

Because it is a sign of immaturity. It is a sign that he can't handle the situations without losing control. You don't see the best QB's losing control ever. If you can't handle the media how are you going to be able to handle getting your ass handed to you by a pass rush. You going to act like Jay Cutler and trash your team.You going to act like Ryan Leaf and yell at the media. Or are you going to act like Brady, Manning and so on.

Chief Roundup 11-03-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9079629)
Red = A stretch
Green = A false statement

BS
It is a sign of immaturity that he is not ready to handle that situation.
Cutler did that shit to Webb.
Manning, Brady and so on don't act that way in the public eye.
Never seen Manning, Brady and so on lose control.

Where did Lenny "The Cool" Dawson, Matty Ice and those guys get there nickname. The good ones always keep their cool.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-03-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

I think the criticism that each of these QBs are going to receive is justified. With what has happened with teams picking the likes of a Ryan Leaf and others like him in years past you have to break down EVERY single aspect of everything about each of these QBs. You want to get the pick right. That's why it's so important that we hire the right people that will dot every "I" and cross every "T."

Rausch 11-03-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9079579)

You should run for office...

RealSNR 11-03-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9079642)
BS

Where did Lenny "The Cool" Dawson, Matty Ice and those guys get there nickname. The good ones always keep their cool.

No.
Explain.
Manning shit on his offensive linemen ALL the time in press conferences.
You're blind.

Sorter 11-03-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9079642)
BS

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MaGXjRaYego" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Uu9TKEKia9s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chief Roundup 11-03-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9079659)
You're blind.

You are afraid there might be a kink in your boys armor.

Sorter 11-03-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9079680)
You are afriad there might be a kink in your boys armor.

Post the link, Ringo.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-03-2012 12:32 PM

He'll be on in about a half hour on FOX, SNR. But I know you already knew that haha.

RealSNR 11-03-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9079680)
You are afraid there might be a kink in your boys armor.

What does this have to do with you thinking Manning, Brady, and any other elite QB in this league is a god?

Aaron Rodgers was ****ing livid after the Seattle debacle.

Peyton Manning has ALWAYS been a bitch in the media room.

YOU'RE the one with the unrealistic fantasies here, not me.

RealSNR 11-03-2012 12:36 PM

Let me guess. Manning's just a passionate guy who likes winning, huh?

**** you.

Chief Roundup 11-03-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9079690)
Post the link, Ringo.

Hey have you been paying attention.
I didn't say that Geno said those things. You need to be asking TRR to provide that info.

I wasn't talking about on the field. You will never get a large group of men together without there being arguments between them. Or the leader having to motivate others or plane put down the law. I was talking about press conferences where Cutler has repeatedly in years past as well thrown everyone under the bus except for his own ass.

The best QB's also won't talk about other players poor performances. They find ways to deflect those questions while talking about what they could of done better.

milkman 11-03-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9079659)
No.
Explain.
Manning shit on his offensive linemen ALL the time in press conferences.
You're blind.

That's the thing about Manning that gets shoved under the rug.

Manning has a politician's ability to couch words that deflects criticism for his failure to accept responsibilty for mistakes, or deflecting blame.

He has thrown his O-Linemen under the bus a number of times over the years.

When has he corrected anyone for blaming Reggie Wayne for the interception he threw in the SB against the Saints, when it was clear to anyone that saw that game that Manning clearly made a bad read and throw, while Wayne made the proper adjustment?

Sorter 11-03-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9079716)
Hey have you been paying attention.
I didn't say that Geno said those things. You need to be asking TRR to provide that info.

I wasn't talking about on the field. You will never get a large group of men together without there being arguments between them. Or the leader having to motivate others or plane put down the law. I was talking about press conferences where Cutler has repeatedly in years past as well thrown everyone under the bus except for his own ass.

The best QB's also won't talk about other players poor performances. They find ways to deflect those questions while talking about what they could of done better.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...-more-revered/
Written by Kc Joyner about Peyton.

3. Throwing his teammates under the bus after a loss. Manning may have been trying to be very careful and fair about distributing blame after some of the big losses over the years, but again, it doesn’t come across well to fans.

BossChief 11-03-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

I was sitting right behind the NE bench when the Parltriots and Chiefs played a few years back...the game when Tom Brady threw 4 picks, 3 of them to Wesley...he lost his cool on that sideline at least 3 times and he is known as one of the cooler headed qbs of this generation.

Rausch 11-03-2012 01:30 PM

Keep Pioli, trade down 8 slots, draft a D lineman...

Crush 11-03-2012 02:04 PM

TRR is the stupidest mother****er on the planet. Choir boys and team captains for everyone!!!

Crush 11-03-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Still waiting on the ****ing proof.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 04:35 PM

Can we just fill Arrowhead with ALL of the TF's in existence, and then just firebomb the **** out of it?

Pasta Little Brioni 11-04-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9083418)
Can we just fill Arrowhead with ALL of the TF's in existence, and then just firebomb the **** out of it?

As long as you save some for Pile High and those inbred homers.

Crush 11-04-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9079575)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9079617)
Still patiently waiting for some proof...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9079922)
Still waiting on the ****ing proof.

http://i49.tinypic.com/17a808.jpg

Saccopoo 11-04-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

He didn't.

He's been nothing but overly-accepting of the losses, even when the coaching staff have said it's not his fault.

htismaqe 11-04-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9079819)
I was sitting right behind the NE bench when the Parltriots and Chiefs played a few years back...the game when Tom Brady threw 4 picks, 3 of them to Wesley...he lost his cool on that sideline at least 3 times and he is known as one of the cooler headed qbs of this generation.

Before being named Penn State head coach, what was Bill O'Brien's most noteworthy moment? Yep, the shouting match with Brady.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9083426)
As long as you save some for Pile High and those inbred homers.

Agreed.

Saccopoo 11-04-2012 05:23 PM

The real worry about this draft is the coaching change that is inevitibly coming...

It's a nice 43 DE draft and if the coaching change happens like it should and they make a move on defense, it's possible that we could see a DE pass rusher versus a QB.

I would ****ing freakout if it happened, but there is the possibility.

tredadda 11-04-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9083615)
The real worry about this draft is the coaching change that is inevitibly coming...

It's a nice 43 DE draft and if the coaching change happens like it should and they make a move on defense, it's possible that we could see a DE pass rusher versus a QB.

If we switch to a 4-3 and start drafting players in the high rounds to fit this before addressing the QB position I will officially be done with this team, especially after all the high picks we have spent in the draft for a 3-4 defense.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9083632)
If we switch to a 4-3 and start drafting players in the high rounds to fit this before addressing the QB position I will officially be done with this team, especially after all the high picks we have spent in the draft for a 3-4 defense.

This. And don't EVEN sign another ****ing retread. I don't care if it's Brees, Rapelisburger, Manning(either), or the ghost Johnny ****ing Unitas.

Enough.

Shag 11-04-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9083615)

There will be a new QB starting for KC next year - I have little doubt of that. My fear is that it's some retread acquired via free agency/trade, without a 1st round QB also being drafted...

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 9083664)
There will be a new QB starting for KC next year - I have little doubt of that. My fear is that it's some retread acquired via free agency/trade, without a 1st round QB also being drafted...

God I hope not. Enough is enough.

RealSNR 11-04-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 9083664)

Why the **** would you say that?

Pioli's not here.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 05:53 PM

[QUOTE=SNR;9083715]Why the **** would you say that?

Pioli's not here.[/QUOTE]

Live the dream!

tredadda 11-04-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9083715)
Why the **** would you say that?

Pioli's not here.

Carl did the same thing, so it is hard to believe it is all the GM and not some weird sort of organizational belief.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9083733)
Carl did the same thing, so it is hard to believe it is all the GM and not some weird sort of organizational belief.

Then we deserve every FAIL that comes our way.

RealSNR 11-04-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9083733)

I'm no longer a fan of this team if that happens.

I'm jumping ship. And I won't return even when the Chiefs get good.

Simply Red 11-04-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9076402)
Surely Geno Smith and Matt Barkley aren't worse QB prospects than Ryan Tannehill and I'd be happy to have a Tannehill on this team, though of course I wish we can get a better prospect than him.

yeah.

Simply Red 11-04-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9083842)
I'm no longer a fan of this team if that happens.

I'm jumping ship. And I won't return even when the Chiefs get good.

will you still sext me?

tk13 11-04-2012 07:30 PM

Draft a DE, sign Sanchez after the Jets cut him. Profit.

Crush 11-04-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9084124)

http://i49.tinypic.com/35cqsdv.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

YES!!!!!!LMAO

Chief Roundup 11-04-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

That is not funny on any level.

Chiefspants 11-04-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I am unsure of wtf you're talking about, Smith takes more responsibility in the first minute of this press conference (after getting DESTROYED by KSU) than Mat Kasl has in his whole career. He also refuses to point fingers at anyone but himself, and ends the press conference by taking responsibility for WVU's slide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?v=loT7dtahMIc

So uh, yeah, get outta' here.

Saccopoo 11-04-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9084567)
Yeah, I am unsure of wtf you're talking about, Smith takes more responsibility in the first minute of this press conference (after getting DESTROYED by KSU) than Mat Kasl has in his whole career. He also refuses to point fingers at anyone but himself, and ends the press conference by taking responsibility for WVU's slide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?v=loT7dtahMIc

So uh, yeah, get outta' here.

Geno Smith is a ****ing stud.

STUD!

DaneMcCloud 11-04-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9084678)
Geno Smith is a ****ing stud.

STUD!

Then why does he make poor decisions against superior opponents?

RealSNR 11-04-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9084684)

The number of poor decisions he's made this season prior to the TCU game can be counted on both hands.

He made 5 or 6 misreads and critical errors against TCU that really hurt. That's the most glaring game, moreso than TT and KState.

Saccopoo 11-04-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9084684)

I'm not sure that poor decisions is something that is entirely on him at this point.

And considering that he was 3-1 TD/INT against a good TCU defense and led his team to a TD in that OT, which was lost on a two point conversion by TCU, I'm not necessarily convinced that he displayed "poor decisions" in that game. Especially when his offensive line was basically a sieve and has been for the past three games. Yes, he forced some stuff that you didn't see previously, but he was getting hammered all game.

And there isn't a QB out there that isn't guilty of forcing it once and a while. Barkley was absolute dog shit versus Stanford. Maybe the worst game of the big three (Smith, Barkley, Wilson) for the entire 2012 season. Wilson has numerous meltdowns this entire season.

If you are taking the TCU game as a measuring stick for a negative against Geno, then you need to do the same for the others as well. And by comparison, he was substantially better than either Barkley or Wilson in their "worst" games of the season.

Sorter 11-04-2012 09:43 PM

Watch Barkley's game vs Syracuse. Yuck.

DaneMcCloud 11-04-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9084744)
Watch Barkley's game vs Syracuse. Yuck.

But Barkley has thrown 102 TD's versus 39 INT's in his four year career.

That said, he's going to have bad games. Every QB, whether it's Kurt Warner or Warren Moon or Joe Montana or Peyton Manning, has bad games.

Are you really willing to dismiss him because of ONE game, when he has 35+ games in which he's been lights out?

DaneMcCloud 11-04-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9084724)
I'm not sure that poor decisions is something that is entirely on him at this point.

And considering that he was 3-1 TD/INT against a good TCU defense and led his team to a TD in that OT, which was lost on a two point conversion by TCU, I'm not necessarily convinced that he displayed "poor decisions" in that game. Especially when his offensive line was basically a sieve and has been for the past three games. Yes, he forced some stuff that you didn't see previously, but he was getting hammered all game.

And there isn't a QB out there that isn't guilty of forcing it once and a while. Barkley was absolute dog shit versus Stanford. Maybe the worst game of the big three (Smith, Barkley, Wilson) for the entire 2012 season. Wilson has numerous meltdowns this entire season.

If you are taking the TCU game as a measuring stick for a negative against Geno, then you need to do the same for the others as well. And by comparison, he was substantially better than either Barkley or Wilson in their "worst" games of the season.

Kansas State whooped his ass. He's looked nothing like a Heisman winner this last month, let alone a number one overall pick.

There is plenty of time for him to recover but color me extremely unimpressed. The guy is falling, big time.

Only the homers can't see it.

Sorter 11-04-2012 10:08 PM

Not at all. Barkley has struggled for most of this year though. Just throwing that out there really to highlight your point. Every QB is going to have bad games. When evaluating them, you ned to see what they consistently do wrong and then determine if it can be corrected.

DaneMcCloud 11-04-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9084877)
Not at all. Barkley has struggled for most of this year though. Just throwing that out there really to highlight your point. Every QB is going to have bad games. When evaluating them, you ned to see what they consistently do wrong and then determine if it can be corrected.

Barkley may have truly ****ed himself by staying one more year. He certainly would have been taken before Tannehill and may have given the Shanahan's a second thought about trading up.

That said, USC has some serious flaws. The loss of scholarships is really hitting them hard this year and they've clearly not ascended.

Barkley will be fine. Much like Matt Ryan, he's somewhat of a product of those around him.

I don't know nearly enough about Smith to say the same but to date, I am supremely unimpressed with CP's latest obsession.

Sorter 11-04-2012 10:15 PM

Agree with that entire post.

Edit, minus the last part. I've only been unimpressed the last 3 weeks. This week wasn't horrible IIRC but I haven't re-watched it. Or any of those games, for that matter.

Saccopoo 11-04-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9084870)
Kansas State whooped his ass. He's looked nothing like a Heisman winner this last month, let alone a number one overall pick.

There is plenty of time for him to recover but color me extremely unimpressed. The guy is falling, big time.

Only the homers can't see it.

I'm not a homer. Not even close.

I see a number of traits in his makeup and game that are skills required to succeed at the next level.

Quick release, pocket presence, head up and eyes downfield, great arm and timing on passes, exceptionally quick release, high release point, doesn't give up in the pocket even when he's got guys draped on him, ability to throw to any level of the field easily, etc.

The guy is a total gamer and has the tools. I'm looking at the potential for success at the next level. To me, Smith has those tools.

DaneMcCloud 11-04-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9084912)
I'm not a homer. Not even close.

I see a number of traits in his makeup and game that are skills required to succeed at the next level.

Quick release, pocket presence, head up and eyes downfield, great arm and timing on passes, exceptionally quick release, high release point, doesn't give up in the pocket even when he's got guys draped on him, ability to throw to any level of the field easily, etc.

The guy is a total gamer and has the tools. I'm looking at the potential for success at the next level. To me, Smith has those tools.

Again, I'm not seeing it. I'm seeing a guy that's extremely unimpressive when he plays a pro style defense like K-State.

I think Holgersen is a drunken fool, much to the dismay of many CPer's (the guy would get EATEN ALIVE as an NFL OC).

I'll continue to watch him but again, I am just not seeing it. He's in nowhere near the same class as Tannehill, RGIII, Luck, Newton or even Barkley and Dalton.

DaneMcCloud 11-04-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9084908)
Agree with that entire post.

Edit, minus the last part. I've only been unimpressed the last 3 weeks. This week wasn't horrible IIRC but I haven't re-watched it. Or any of those games, for that matter.

Man, I hate to sound like a dick but beating Marshall, James Madison, Maryland and Baylor isn't impressive. Not one of those teams has an average defense, let alone an upper echelon defense (not to mention, NFL style defense).

He shit the bed versus Kansas State and Tech and couldn't pull it off against TCU.

I'm just not seeing it.

Sorter 11-04-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9084948)
Man, I hate to sound like a dick but beating Marshall, James Madison, Maryland and Baylor isn't impressive. Not one of those teams has an average defense, let alone an upper echelon defense (not to mention, NFL style defense).

He shit the bed versus Kansas State and Tech and couldn't pull it off against TCU.

I'm just not seeing it.

I agree. Texas, LSU last year, Clemson, and Louisville are the games I've watched his snaps and was impressed. Haven't watched all of his tape from last year or this year.

Watched all of Wilson's snaps last year instead and most of Barkley's this year and 7 games from last year.

O.city 11-04-2012 10:29 PM

One TD against TCU was a ball that should have been intercepted that he threw into double coverage in the end zone where his wr just made a play.

However, I'm not sure how much of his poor play isn't simply based on the fact that the whole offensive passing scheme has been figured out, combined with the fact that they have the worst defense in the NCAA and he is forcing things and passes where he shouldn't.

Saccopoo 11-04-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9084973)
One TD against TCU was a ball that should have been intercepted that he threw into double coverage in the end zone where his wr just made a play.

However, I'm not sure how much of his poor play isn't simply based on the fact that the whole offensive passing scheme has been figured out, combined with the fact that they have the worst defense in the NCAA and he is forcing things and passes where he shouldn't.

And yet, he still only has three interceptions for the entire season.

Forcing passes where he shouldn't and still has only three INTs. Weird.

How many does Barkley have with a substantially better team around him?

How many does Wilson have? (Especially compared to his TD to Int ratio.)

And I think both are fine QB's.

RunKC 11-04-2012 10:39 PM

Geno has a hard time reading defenses that give him multiple looks. Geno struggled and he also made some really bad passes against TCU. He's lucky he didn't have 3 INT's.

I like Geno though. He's gonna take more time to develop than Barkley but his ceiling is higher.

Sure-Oz 11-04-2012 10:40 PM

Regardless the Chiefs gotta draft 2 QB's. 1st round and someone a few rounds later