ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc My ghost story from today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263113)

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 08:37 PM

More people have to have ghost stories than what have posted here.

LiveSteam 09-03-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8875409)
You were also here for the chimney fire. :hmmm:

Maybe you were bringing the spirits with you from somewhere.

Has their been any incidents in the last few years?

Bugeater 09-03-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 8875435)
Has their been any incidents in the last few years?

Nah, nothing at all other than the dog not liking to be in the basement.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8875449)

You should have a seaonce in the basement even though I have no ****ing clue how to spell sayonce... seaonce... you know, when the little fat woman comes in and you all sit around a table while she conjurs up the spirits then shit flys accross the room and things fall off shelves. One of those things.

Lumpy 09-03-2012 08:50 PM

My brothers and I saw ghosts in our house and our dad never believed our stories. Then, a few years ago, my dad called me w/ his ghost story. Needless to say, he's definitely a believer now.

My parents were renting a spot in an old building in their town, (it was an odds and ends store). Anyway, one day my dad was closing up and he was the only one in the back of the store, (my SIL and niece had walked out the front door a few minutes before). He heard a noise towards the back door, turned around, and there was a lady standing there. He started walking towards her to see who she was, then stopped when he got about 10 ft away from her. She waved, then walked through the back door.

Now for the really freaky part... there's an old bar directly behind the store and the owner told my dad about Sarah. She owned the bar in the early 1920's, (IIRC) and she had died in the bar. Anyway, a lot of the people that have gone to the establishment over the years have "seen" her.

When I was in KS a month or so ago, we went to the bar. Before anyone asks, no, I didn't see her. However, I did see a picture of her and it gave me the heebie-jeebies. LMAO

Oh, and she was kind of hot. I figured that I would get that out of the way before anyone asks. :D

LiveSteam 09-03-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Ya thats weird. Those couple times I went with Larry Cook down to his moms old house in Leavenworth Kan. He said the house was haunted & that the dog wont go into the TV room where some lady killed herself after finding out her husband had been killed in France during the first world war. Lil dog would sit there in the hall way next to the room while the rest of us watched TV.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8875460)
My brothers and I saw ghosts in our house and our dad never believed our stories. Then, a few years ago, my dad called me w/ his ghost story. Needless to say, he's definitely a believer now.

My parents were renting a spot in an old building in their town, (it was an odds and ends store). Anyway, one day my dad was closing up and he was the only one in the back of the store, (my SIL and niece had walked out the front door a few minutes before). He heard a noise towards the back door, turned around, and there was a lady standing there. He started walking towards her to see who she was, then stopped when he got about 10 ft away from her. She waved, then walked through the back door.

Now for the really freaky part... there's an old bar directly behind the store and the owner told my dad about Sarah. She owned the bar in the early 1920's, (IIRC) and she had died in the bar. Anyway, a lot of the people that have gone to the establishment over the years have "seen" her.

When I was in KS a month or so ago, we went to the bar. Before anyone asks, no, I didn't see her. However, I did see a picture of her and it gave me the heebie-jeebies. LMAO

Oh, and she was kind of hot. I figured that I would get that out of the way before anyone asks. :D

Pics or it didn't happen.

Lumpy 09-03-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8875471)
Pics or it didn't happen.

LMAO You dick.

Just for that... no more ghost stories for you. :harumph:

CoMoChief 09-03-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8871669)
except for the "foot steps". Wouldn't that be an "experience"
Posted via Mobile Device

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/i...186fbc5e/l.jpg

Bugeater 09-03-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Actually, now that I think about it, that's not true. Maybe 4-5 years ago, I went in to the laundry room one night, and it was full of these weird giant houseflies. That kinda creeped me out. I sprayed the shit out of the room with Raid and it's never happened again.

Then just a couple years ago I went through about a 6 month stretch where the light bulbs kept burning out in the garage. One would burn out, then within a few days the other four would burn out. Then about a month later, the same thing. Went through that cycle quite a few times until I said **** it and replaced all the bulbs with CFLs. Not sure wtf that was all about but that's twice that I had strange shit happen with those garage lights.

LiveSteam 09-03-2012 09:06 PM

Burn some dam sage in that garage would ya?

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8875478)
LMAO You dick.

Just for that... no more ghost stories for you. :harumph:

I apologize. Please share more if you have them. I can't believe you're going to hold CP lexicon against me.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8875496)
Actually, now that I think about it, that's not true. Maybe 4-5 years ago, I went in to the laundry room one night, and it was full of these weird giant houseflies. That kinda creeped me out. I sprayed the shit out of the room with Raid and it's never happened again.

Then just a couple years ago I went through about a 6 month stretch where the light bulbs kept burning out in the garage. One would burn out, then within a few days the other four would burn out. Then about a month later, the same thing. Went through that cycle quite a few times until I said **** it and replaced all the bulbs with CFLs. Not sure wtf that was all about but that's twice that I had strange shit happen with those garage lights.

"Ghosts" are famous about ****ing with electricity/electronics.

Lumpy 09-03-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8875523)
I apologize. Please share more if you have them. I can't believe you're going to hold CP lexicon against me.

I've shared enough. :) I like your ghost story, btw. I do have a question though. Why in the hell didn't you grab a stick and go full-pinata on her deceased ass?

:D

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8875557)
I've shared enough. :) I like your ghost story, btw. I do have a question though. Why in the hell didn't you grab a stick and go full-pinata on her deceased ass?

:D

A. Well **** you then dammit

B. I'm a nice guy and you know this

Lumpy 09-03-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

What about the mysterious peony blossom in your mailbox?

LiveSteam 09-03-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8875532)
"Ghosts" are famous about ****ing with electricity/electronics.

I have heard that to.

When my POPS died in 2002 he left me that locomotive in a million pieces. I spent the next year working on it. I came to a point where I need an odd ball tool that I knew Pops had ( Boiler flue roller) I looked for months for that dam tool. I couldnt steam it up with out rolling that 1 leaky flue back in. Any ways I looked & looked & had given up on finding it & was ready to buy one from a friend.
I come home from work & head into the shop to do some other things to the locomotive & their it is. sitting next to the rotary vice in between the lath & milling machine. By this time I had hundreds of hours making chips with both the lathe & mill. That flu roller was not there that hole time, I would have seen it, no if & or buts about it.

Lumpy 09-03-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8875566)
A. Well **** you then dammit

B. I'm a nice guy and you know this

LMAO

Bugeater 09-03-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8875569)
What about the mysterious peony blossom in your mailbox?

Heh, forgot about that one too. That creeped me out far worse than anything else that's happened around here since it had to be an actual living person that did it.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 8875583)
I have heard that to.

When my POPS died in 2002 he left me that locomotive in a million pieces. I spent the next year working on it. I came to a point where I need an odd ball tool that I knew Pops had ( Boiler flue roller) I looked for months for that dam tool. I couldnt steam it up with out rolling that 1 leaky flue back in. Any ways I looked & looked & had given up on finding it & was ready to buy one from a friend.
I come home from work & head into the shop to do some other things to the locomotive & their it is. sitting next to the rotary vice in between the lath & milling machine. By this time I had hundreds of hours making chips with both the lathe & mill. That flu roller was not there that hole time, I would have seen it, no if & or buts about it.

You may be able to believe pops was looking out for you.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8875600)
Heh, forgot about that one too. That creeped me out far worse than anything else that's happened around here since it had to be an actual living person that did it.

Story please

LiveSteam 09-03-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8875607)
Story please

THIS

Bugeater 09-03-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8875607)
Story please

Eh, not much of a story. We have a peony bush in the back yard. And I mean waaay in the back yard, up a hill along the back fence. One day last spring I came home, checked the mail, and there was a full blossom from that bush sitting in the back of the mailbox, which is out by the street. Never did figure out wtf that was all about either.

LiveSteam 09-03-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8875634)
Eh, not much of a story. We have a peony bush in the back yard. And I mean waaay in the back yard, up a hill along the back fence. One day last spring I came home, checked the mail, and there was a full blossom from that bush sitting in the back of the mailbox, which is out by the street. Never did figure out wtf that was all about either.

That story sucked :evil:

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8875634)

If our remote control could end up in the freezer about once a month when only my wife and I could reach the damn thing years ago then a peony blossom could end up in your mailbox. If there are spirits or ghosts or someone looking over you then sometimes I just think it's their way of saying hi. Maybe I'm crazy.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 8875641)

Truth. No blood running out of the faucet in the tub or walls breathing or anything.

Bugeater 09-03-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 8875641)

I was afraid it wouldn't live up to the hype. It's still strange that someone would go all the way back to that bush, clip off a blossom and place it neatly into the back of the mailbox. I mean, they obviously did it for a reason, but I have no freaking idea what that reason would be.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8875653)
I was afraid it wouldn't live up to the hype. It's still strange that someone would go all the way back to that bush, clip off a blossom and place it neatly into the back of the mailbox. I mean, they obviously did it for a reason, but I have no freaking idea what that reason would be.

It's because they were dead and wanted your attention.

Lumpy 09-03-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8875653)

I thought it was interesting. My guess is that it was kids. We had some little rat bastards messing w/ our mailbox about a month ago, (putting our flag up and such). I wanted to put a fake spider or a string-pop firecracker on the mailbox, but I didn't have any. :sulk:

Ya know, it's just a damn shame that I don't know where you live. I would be messing w/ you big time just to read the stories on CP. :D

Iowanian 09-03-2012 09:48 PM

I found my story in a thread you started on this topic in 2004.
I don't really like to tell and and doubt I've told it to 15-20 people in real life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 2044535)
I'll tell my boogy man story.(may have been told here before)

A few years ago I lived in a rental house. I'm not prone to be a spooky dude or anything.........but I just always had the eeby Jeebies.....especially in the basement doing laundry....every single time I went down.

I lived alone.......sometimes I'd come home and the house would smell like someone had been smoking or something similar........sometimes in the mornings....all the cabinet doors open, sometimes a drawer or two out. Several times I'd think I saw a shadow or something move.....while watching TV at night.

One night, while watching TV in my Fruit o da looms, I see a shadow move, and feel a BLAM! Slap to the back of the head.......there were 3 bats circling the room. no big deal. (other than the bite on my palm a few weeks later)

The Boogy man.
One night.....I woke up to the sound of a loud noise in my room.........sounded like if someone took hands full of paper and plastic grocery bags and (rattled like deer antlers or something) and crumpled them furiously over your head. I sat up, saw this huge Black/dark "figure" by my bed...closed my eyes, opened my eyes, still there looking at me..........I was scared/Angry anyway and I litterally Yelled to "get the Fug outta here" or something like that.........and I heard an immediate BLAM! (I've since described this sound similar to something like dumping gas on a dry leaf pile, letting it soak in a couple of minutes and then lighting it..big whoof sound) then...silence. Slept like a baby afterwards.

The next morning as I left for work, I noticed 2 windows(North and East sides) in my attic were blown OUT. Glass in big chunks scatterd several feet(like the length of the house)..........no a single shard of glass on either inside.....and None left in the frame. (no rain, no wind, no leaves or branches down on my street)

never noticed anything after that.

BOO!

Bugeater 09-03-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8875686)
I thought it was interesting. My guess is that it was kids. We had some little rat bastards messing w/ our mailbox about a month ago, (putting our flag up and such). I wanted to put a fake spider or a string-pop firecracker on the mailbox, but I didn't have any. :sulk:

Ya know, it's just a damn shame that I don't know where you live. I would be messing w/ you big time just to read the stories on CP. :D

We do live across the street from a school so we have a lot of kids walk by on their way home, and I'd buy that if the bush was in the front yard somewhere. But it's not visible from the front yard at all, whoever did it had to know it was back there.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8875686)

No it was a ghost!

LiveSteam 09-03-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8875687)
I don't really like to tell and and doubt I've told it to 15-20 people in real life.

I ever have shit like that happen I would burn it to the ground

Chiefs=Champions 09-03-2012 09:56 PM

My new house could be haunted. Doors will open while im in certain rooms. not fully, but they will just become ajar. just today the lock to the backyard on our sliding door clicked open while i was in the kitchen. nothing really scary but strange still...

Bugeater 09-03-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

I would've moved right the **** out of there after that.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

That.... was a ****ing story. I'm a little creeped out.

Iowanian 09-03-2012 10:03 PM

The next morning, I woke up thinking I'd just had a dream. If not for the windows, I'd not have believed it or probably not told a soul about it. Because of the windows, I did tell some coworkers that morning(who were lifers in the community) and then they told me there had been rumors of issues in that house before.

It had everything from a poulterguist movie....bats, in the winter I had yellow jackets come out of the living room light fixture one night. The basement always made me feel spooky..hair on your neck standing up, goose bumps every time kinda spooky like someone was chasing me out of there. Its' been long enough now I'll admit it...a few times I caught myself "running" up the stairs.

The next day, the house felt different. Honestly I don't remember feeling the eebyjeebys in the basement after that.

Must have been mid-late summer and i bought my first house in the fall of that year so I moved maybe 2-3 months later I think.

My oldest daughter was having monster dreams in our current house not long after we moved in, like night terror stuff, and I was starting to wonder because of the dead guy and that was his bedroom, but I told her the boogie man had a night light because it was afraid of her daddy.

Who knows. I don't know what I saw or what happened and I question it, but it all comes back to the blown out windows.

Iowanian 09-03-2012 10:05 PM

I have more good ones but not of my own.

My brother and a friend worked at a ranch in HS. One day in late afternoon they were working down a dead end dirt road loading gates and corral panels near an old abandoned farm house. They both said they heard the distinct sound of someone playing the trumpet in the house. I had played, so they knew a trumpet sound. When they turned around it stopped. when they went back to work, it started again. No one could have been there and they must have worked like their asses were on fire and left in a toot.

Iowanian 09-03-2012 10:09 PM

A good friend and his wife moved into a farm house. As they told it at a going away party in their yard....one night, after they had performed marital acts and laid in bed before falling asleep, they both saw a man standing by their bed looking at them. Both said in great detail about his henley shirt, buttoned wool pants, blond bowl haircut, blue eyes(how could they tell but they both said it). Anyway, as they told the story, the sister in law came out, and she and her husband had lived there for 6 months or so prior.....and she freaked out, because they had seen the same thing a few times but hadn't told.

Later on, after they'd had a baby, she had fallen asleep downstairs with the baby face down on her gazongas. The man said her name and touched her and woke her up. She saw him standing near her when she woke up, but felt he had done it to save the baby from smothering or something. They felt it was a friendly thing.

Iowanian 09-03-2012 10:14 PM

The father of one of my HS friends is a physical monster. when we were young, he had broad shoulders and muscles that popped out of muscles. Farm boy/construction/block slinging muscles...looked like some mountain man...still does.

Anyway, they had a young girl who always claimed some man wouldn't let her into her parents room, and today describes the man in a civil war outfit....some hermit must have lived on that property who wore a similar outfit way after it should have been.

Anyway, dadzilla and the mother were asleep one night, and he feels someone tickling his feet and messing with his toes. He kicks at it in his sleep but with each kick or pull away, it gets a little more aggressive. Anyway, he does something similar to what I did and yells at whatever is screwing with him, and is immediately yanked out of the bed by his feet and thrown all around the room, bouncing off of 2-3 walls. Mother never wakes up until he shouts something like "kill me or leave me alone"...and it stopped.

He won't talk about it....and didn't like it when the son told us about it, but confirmed it was true. He's not much of a talker and has never been known as a bullshitter.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8875729)
The next morning, I woke up thinking I'd just had a dream. If not for the windows, I'd not have believed it or probably not told a soul about it. Because of the windows, I did tell some coworkers that morning(who were lifers in the community) and then they told me there had been rumors of issues in that house before.

It had everything from a poulterguist movie....bats, in the winter I had yellow jackets come out of the living room light fixture one night. The basement always made me feel spooky..hair on your neck standing up, goose bumps every time kinda spooky like someone was chasing me out of there. Its' been long enough now I'll admit it...a few times I caught myself "running" up the stairs.

The next day, the house felt different. Honestly I don't remember feeling the eebyjeebys in the basement after that.

Must have been mid-late summer and i bought my first house in the fall of that year so I moved maybe 2-3 months later I think.

My oldest daughter was having monster dreams in our current house not long after we moved in, like night terror stuff, and I was starting to wonder because of the dead guy and that was his bedroom, but I told her the boogie man had a night light because it was afraid of her daddy.

Who knows. I don't know what I saw or what happened and I question it, but it all comes back to the blown out windows.

That's some too real shit. I don't think I could have stayed after that one night. I like ghost stories but if shit got too real I'm not sure how I'd react.

Bugeater 09-03-2012 10:16 PM

Oh yeah, Iowanian mentioning bats in his story reminded me of the time I was nearly killed by a bat by my own front door.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=163767

Lumpy 09-03-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8875750)

Anyway, dadzilla and the mother were asleep one night, and he feels someone tickling his feet and messing with his toes. He kicks at it in his sleep but with each kick or pull away, it gets a little more aggressive. Anyway, he does something similar to what I did and yells at whatever is screwing with him, and is immediately yanked out of the bed by his feet and thrown all around the room, bouncing off of 2-3 walls. Mother never wakes up until he shouts something like "kill me or leave me alone"...and it stopped.

:eek:

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 10:56 PM

Coming into this thread Iowanian would have been about the last person I'd have guessed to have such contributions let alone FTW contributions.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-03-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8875750)
The father of one of my HS friends is a physical monster. when we were young, he had broad shoulders and muscles that popped out of muscles. Farm boy/construction/block slinging muscles...looked like some mountain man...still does.

Anyway, they had a young girl who always claimed some man wouldn't let her into her parents room, and today describes the man in a civil war outfit....some hermit must have lived on that property who wore a similar outfit way after it should have been.

He won't talk about it....and didn't like it when the son told us about it, but confirmed it was true. He's not much of a talker and has never been known as a bullshitter.

Holy freaking crap. I really don't need that kind of shit to exsist.

Lumpy 09-03-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8875758)
Oh yeah, Iowanian mentioning bats in his story reminded me of the time I was nearly killed by a bat by my own front door.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=163767

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...10pyo1_500.gif

BillSelfsTrophycase 09-03-2012 11:04 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MYjFKsJjCP0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Luke Warm 09-04-2012 12:32 AM

This has happened to me like 5 times in my life...

I'm sleeping. All of a sudden its like I'm awake, in my head I'm thinking im not sleeping, I know I'm in my bed awake but I can't open my eyes or mouth. Then my hearing goes weird, all I hear is...well closest way to describe it is that its almost identical to the sound of the inside of those big seashells, that oceany sound but in my ears its very distant. Then I feel like something is hovering over my body and breathing on me (just got chicken skin simply typing this). The whole time I'm telling myself in my head to wake up and look around, but I can't. I try to call out but its like my mouth won't open no matter how hard I try to, same with my eyes. It's so creepy. It's like I'm asleep and awake at the same time. Eventually I do "snap out of it". Two times my fiance "woke" me up from it....once because she said I sounded like I was groaning in pain and the other because I apparently was mumbling "wake me up" repeatedly in a voice she said sounded like I was going to start crying...weird shit was that I remember doing that. Clear as day too, but I couldn't wake up on my own. I know this sounds crazy lol. It hasn't happened in like a year or so.

BillSelfsTrophycase 09-04-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Warm (Post 8875969)
This has happened to me like 5 times in my life...

I'm sleeping. All of a sudden its like I'm awake, in my head I'm thinking im not sleeping, I know I'm in my bed awake but I can't open my eyes or mouth. Then my hearing goes weird, all I hear is...well closest way to describe it is that its almost identical to the sound of the inside of those big seashells, that oceany sound but in my ears its very distant. Then I feel like something is hovering over my body and breathing on me (just got chicken skin simply typing this). The whole time I'm telling myself in my head to wake up and look around, but I can't. I try to call out but its like my mouth won't open no matter how hard I try to, same with my eyes. It's so creepy. It's like I'm asleep and awake at the same time. Eventually I do "snap out of it". Two times my fiance "woke" me up from it....once because she said I sounded like I was groaning in pain and the other because I apparently was mumbling "wake me up" repeatedly in a voice she said sounded like I was going to start crying...weird shit was that I remember doing that. Clear as day too, but I couldn't wake up on my own. I know this sounds crazy lol. It hasn't happened in like a year or so.

Not crazy, sleep paralysis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Luke Warm 09-04-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillSelfsTrophycase (Post 8875992)

Thank you so much. This is exactly it, I feel so relieved lol.

beach tribe 09-04-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8875316)
I'm with you guys on the animal thing. I don't understand why tv shows don't use them. PETA?

Here's the real reason I don't believe whats on a tv show though..... it's a tv show. It can be edited, effects can be added, etc.. It's just not a credible source of information to me. That's not to say they fake things.... but they CAN. It's also not to say it's not entertaining.

Because dogs actually CAN sense things like that, and therefore their BS acting wouldn't really go along with the dog not reacting to anything.

ToxSocks 09-04-2012 12:28 PM

Alright....Here's my story, which i'm sure i've shared here before.

The Setup:

I was around 6-7 years old at the time and my dad and I lived in some small upstairs home behind a house. It was kinda shoddy and was built by the owner of the house, I guess it was suppose to be a guest house.

One of the kids from the front house came over to play with me and he always had all the cool toys, like the TMNT goo spewing helicopter or the totally bad ass TMNT pizza van....anyway, that day, he brought his way freaking cool X-Men Black Bird jet.

We were playing with it out back; he left and forgot to take the Jet with him. I, for the first time in my life, decided I was going to steal it. So I took the jet upstairs to my room and when he came back looking for it I said I had no idea what happened to it.

Fast forward to that night.

Robocop was on T.V. I asked my dad if i could stay up to watch it, he told me i had to go to bed because i had to go to school in the morning.

To get to my room, I had to walk through the Kitchen. The kitchen connected to my room, and inside my room was the only bathroom.

The bathroom door opened towards the inside of the room.
The only things in my room were a mattress and a book shelf. My bed sat underneath the window. I drew it out below.

I walked to my room and peeped my head inside to turn on the light.

That's when I saw the shadowy figure on my bathroom door. It was just a shadow. Didn't move or anything like that. But it had a pitch fork and an odd shaped head.

Naturally it freaked me out, but i thought it was just a creepy shadow from the moonlight coming through the window.

I Flipped the light on. It was still there. I turned the light back off. It was still there. I hid my body behind the wall and peeked my head around. It was still there.

So I ran to my dad crying telling him that something was in my room. He didn't believe me and thought I was making it up so i could stay up and watch Robocop. So he told me i could watch it and that I had to go to bed right after.

As soon as the movie ended I went to the room and peeped my head inside. The light was off. The Shadow was gone. I flipped the light on. Still no shadow.

The next day, I confessed that I stole my friend’s toy and gave it back to him. I never stole anything again in my life, and I never saw that shadow again.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3964/shadowgn.jpg

Radar Chief 09-04-2012 01:06 PM

I need to see if I can get my Farming Aunt to scan off some of her trail cam photos. Orbs like you wouldn’t believe without seeing.

Fish 09-04-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8876524)
Because dogs actually CAN sense things like that, and therefore their BS acting wouldn't really go along with the dog not reacting to anything.

Dogs can sense a lot of things that people can't. That's doesn't really mean that they're seeing ghosts though. Dogs might be resistant of being in a basement because of a small radon leak or electromagnetic field put off by old heating or cooling systems or electrical systems. Stuff that humans would be unable to detect. Many dogs freak out when going to the vet. I don't see a paranormal link there though.

Dogs are also very adept at perceiving the emotions of their owner. If you're scared shitless thinking about ghosts, your dog is going to sense that fear.

ToxSocks 09-04-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8876910)

Dogs are also very adept at perceiving the emotions of their owner. If you're scared shitless thinking about ghosts, your dog is going to sense that fear.

But if a dog senses fear in you, they won't whimper, they'll become protective.

loochy 09-04-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8876808)

ITS THE DEBBIL!!!! :#

Frazod 09-04-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 8876930)

Or at least deviled ham!

http://theyankeechef.bangordailynews...wood-devil.jpg

Lumpy 09-04-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

I was going to guess Underwear Gnome.

loochy 09-04-2012 01:24 PM

Detoxing, you should steal something again just to see.

ToxSocks 09-04-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8876934)
Or at least deviled ham!

All i know is, it wouldn't go away when i turned the lights on, I had NOTHING in my room that would even come close to duplicating that shape, and when i came back an hour later, it was gone.

ToxSocks 09-04-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8876937)
I was going to guess Underwear Gnome.

It may not be scary to you guys, but it gave me the chills when i was drawing it.

Fish 09-04-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8876922)
But if a dog senses fear in you, they won't whimper, they'll become protective.

Sure Cesar.

I'm not trying to piss on anybody's story. I'm just saying that seeing a reaction from a dog, and claiming to know what the dog is feeling and why, isn't a very dependable process. Let alone attributing it to paranormal stuff that's completely unproven and could be nothing more than the overactive human imagination.

Tribal Warfare 09-04-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

or a troll

Lumpy 09-04-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8876947)
It may not be scary to you guys, but it gave me the chills when i was drawing it.

Well, geez. Now you're making me feel bad. :huh:

I'm sure it was scary as hell for you. I saw silhouettes in my room when I was younger, too. I always located the source though, (i.e. toys, clothes, etc.). I'm sure that if I saw what you had seen at your age, I would have pissed myself.

T-post Tom 09-04-2012 01:40 PM

MOUNDS OF SOUNDS

Frazod 09-04-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8876947)

Not making fun of your story, just your drawing skills. :D

ToxSocks 09-04-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8877011)
Not making fun of your story, just your drawing skills. :D

Haha, nah i wasn't taking offense or anything. It looks pretty stupid. A Conehead with a Pitch fork.

But i damn near pissed myself when it wouldn't go away and there was no source. The only things in my room were an old Bookshelf and a Mattress.

The fact that it was gone after the movie creeped me out enough to find faith in god (throughout my childhood at least).

InChiefsHeaven 09-04-2012 01:58 PM

The imagination is an amazing thing. I remember when I was a kid, I'd always see this skeletal stick figure walking passed my window. I shared a basement room with my brother, so the window was about 5 feet off the ground as I recall. I would have been about 6. Later in life, it occurred to me that it was probably a car driving by whose headlights were sweeping the yard and casting a shadow of the small tree we had in the front yard. But as a 6 year old kid, it was a skinny skeletal demon thing with lots of sharp weapons coming to get me...

then there was the time my dad came to say goodnight, turned off the light and closed the door...but apparantly stayed in the room. a few minutes go by and he said "Goodnight....booooooys..."

Probably pissed the bed on that one.

ToxSocks 09-04-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8877054)
then there was the time my dad came to say goodnight, turned off the light and closed the door...but apparantly stayed in the room. a few minutes go by and he said "Goodnight....booooooys..."

Probably pissed the bed on that one.

LMAO

I had some asshole chase me around one night in a Freddy costume. I musta been 4 or 5. I had never been, and never will be more scared in my life.

Radar Chief 09-04-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8876904)
I need to see if I can get my Farming Aunt to scan off some of her trail cam photos. Orbs like you wouldn’t believe without seeing.

Ok, so the place I’m talking about is on their land, they own a good sized chunk of land just north of Grand Lake of the Cherokees. The back side of their land is actually her parent’s old land which she inherited and they as a couple have added too.
As we were walking around their land one day my cousin tells me a story I remember his mom telling my parents back when my cousin and I were just kids and it goes like this.
They were staying at her parent’s place one night when my cousin’s Teddy Ruxbin started going off. Just out of the blue started talking, going through its normal recorded routine and wouldn’t shut up waking up my cousin and his mom. He said his mom picked it up and flipped it over to look in the battery compartment, did a double take then flipped the thing back over and looked at it all the while this thing continues going off. She then walked outside with it and my cousin said he drifted back off to sleep only to wake up when she came back inside. When he asked where his Teddy Ruxbin was she said, “When I went to take the batteries out there were none so I started a fire and burned it.”

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-04-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8877101)
Ok, so the place I’m talking about is on their land, they own a good sized chunk of land just north of Grand Lake of the Cherokees. The back side of their land is actually her parent’s old land which she inherited and they as a couple have added too.
As we were walking around their land one day my cousin tells me a story I remember his mom telling my parents back when my cousin and I were just kids and it goes like this.
They were staying at her parent’s place one night when my cousin’s Teddy Ruxbin started going off. Just out of the blue started talking, going through its normal recorded routine and wouldn’t shut up waking up my cousin and his mom. He said his mom picked it up and flipped it over to look in the battery compartment, did a double take then flipped the thing back over and looked at it all the while this thing continues going off. She then walked outside with it and my cousin said he drifted back off to sleep only to wake up when she came back inside. When he asked where his Teddy Ruxbin was she said, “When I went to take the batteries out there were none so I started a fire and burned it.”

NICE! Chucky II. ****in dolls anyway.

Lumpy 09-04-2012 02:35 PM

Okay... Radar Chief's story just reminded me about something that happened a few months back w/ my son's Scout toy. For those of you that have never heard/seen the Scout talking stuffed dog, it is programmable so it will say your child's name, favorite food, etc.

Anyway, one night I walked into my son's room and Scout was in the middle of the floor. I leaned over to give my son a kiss, (he's completely asleep), then the next thing I know I hear his Scout dog say, "Hi [my son's name]. Wanna play?". I barely heard it, (which is odd, because the volume is maxed), but I turned around and picked it up. I then placed it at my son's feet. I started to turn around to leave and it went off again. It was still really quiet and none of the lights were lit-up on it.

Puzzled by this, I picked it up and pressed the hand to make it play again. This time, the light turned on and it was at max volume. After doing that I knew that the batteries were fine and it wasn't malfunctioning because of low-batteries.

Needless to say, I ended up taking it out of my son's room and threw it in the linen closet. LMAO That thing freaked me the hell out! Mainly because I knew that I didn't step on it when it was on the floor. I haven't witnessed it doing that again since then and I haven't changed out the batteries. Very bizarre. But not nearly as bizarre as a toy going off w/o batteries. :eek: I would have thrown that damn thing in the fire, too!

loochy 09-04-2012 02:38 PM

Tell more stories! I don't have any of my own but I like reading these!

LTL 09-04-2012 02:49 PM

I partied several times at a cemetery by a ghost town, that was probably more than ghostly than the experience I do have though.

I work nights in a hospital, so one night I was walking down long hallway in the back part of the hospital around 2am Walked past surgery and post surgical and heard screams, not just one voice, but sounded like several different voices. So I go into the surgery area, all the lights off and nobody around. Yell out is anybody in here, nothing, so I go across the hall into pacu and again, lights off nobody around. Walked out and I started to walk down the hallway again and hear the same screams again, so I get to an adjoining hallway go in through a different door into surgery and again, lights off nobody around. It wasn't anything major, but the middle of the night when you are by yourself and nobody is around it was kinda creepy to hear when their was no explanation for it.

Lumpy 09-04-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 8877165)
Tell more stories! I don't have any of my own but I like reading these!

I have a few more, (from my youth), but my mind is a fog w/ the exact details. Except for one. This one has plagued my memory forever. I was hesitant to tell it because I don't want the non-believers to think I'm just making it up for attention or that I'm crazy. That's not the case. Gonzo has heard all of these stories, (and even witnessed me freaking out over the talking dog), so I'm sure he's rolling his eyes at my posts. LMAO

The one incident that I do remember quite well happened when I was 6 or 7 years old. I recall that I kept hearing noises in my room and I got scared. This happened quite a bit and I would haul my pillow and blanket into my brother's room and crash. It drove him nuts, but he was always the protective older brother, so he let it slide occasionally.

Anyway, we were both asleep in his room and the next thing we know we heard a loud, *thump*. It sounded like someone or something hit his window. We both sat up and stared in the direction of the sound. We saw a light and an outline of a woman in an old-fashioned dress. She reached out towards my brother and we heard in a soft voice, "William". Then, a second later, she was gone.

We looked at each other and hauled ass out of his room, and darted into our parent's room. They got up and followed us to the room and told us that we were imagining things and to go back to sleep. I believe that we crashed in the living room for a week or so after that. LMAO

She never did return, but there were strange noises, doors closing on their own, etc. that happened before and after that incident. Now, if it was just me that saw/heard her, I would have figured it was my mind playing tricks on me. But, w/ my brother witnessing that, I had no doubt that what we experienced was paranormal.

The scary part about this incident... my brother's middle name is William.

TimeForWasp 09-04-2012 03:45 PM

One time right around christmas a ghost made me fly around in my pajamas and look at my past. Freaked me out. I quit being a scrooge soon after that.

Luke Warm 09-04-2012 03:57 PM

So last night I was kept up by a mysterious voice singing "Henry the VIII I am". It was horrible. On top of the horrible singing I was also hit with a bout of sleep paralysis again so I was powerless. The singing continued. Ears hurting. I mustered enough strength to break the paralysis and screamed "shut the **** up", only to be hit out of nowhere square in the face by a mound of clay. "You mother****er" I screamed as i scraped the clay off my face and rose from my bed. As soon as i stood up a shadowy figure came barreling towards me and roundhouse kicked me back into sleep. When I woke up this time, I had a penny in my hand. Strange.

LiveSteam 09-04-2012 04:07 PM

BOOOOO!

Scared the hell out of all of you didnt I

JD10367 09-04-2012 06:26 PM

Since we're sharing our ghost stories, many times while asleep I would suddenly feel a hand touching me in my private area.

Then I'd wake up and realize it was just me.

:shrug:

Radar Chief 09-04-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8877828)
Since we're sharing our ghost stories, many times while asleep I would suddenly feel a hand touching me in my private area.

Then I'd wake up and realize it was just me.

:shrug:

Hand went to sleep so you decided to get a little "stranger" action going?