ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs are planning to retain Romeo Crennel and remove interim tag (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254742)

Bearcat 01-07-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8271248)
If we can get a decent OC, like Weis, we might have a chance at the playoffs.

Sound familiar?

Key players will be back for '12. We'll squeeze just enough offense from a QB-starved unit to win a punchless division. Many will praise RAC. Apology threads will be demanded and certain posters will be derided.

And then we'll get our asses handed to us in the playoffs. Play a first-place schedule in '13, and the veneer will be completely off the shit. Similar to the '11 season.

And we'll continue to be mired in mediocrity. Until Pioli is fired.

Season ticket packages starting at $250!!!

R8RFAN 01-07-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8271240)
I believed then what I still believe today. Herm was a great coach to have at just the right time. This team was moving in a very good trajectory because of him. He wasn't a guy who could take the team to a super bowl. But he took a ton of shit he didn't deserve. He got dealt the worst hand in the NFL.

If that's the case, Why didn't somebody pick him up?

Lightrise 01-07-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8271054)
Well, not sure how I feel about it. I think it's pretty obvious that he can plan a defense pretty well, and the players obviously love him, but that isn't always a good thing.

I totally agree. But my prediction here is this gives us a chance to get it done in a narrow window...but that's not saying its a confident chance because of the QB situation that I don't see is gonna bet better unless they sign Orton for this narrow window. I also don't see an OC situation that grows into the ultimate next generation HC. The likely outcome here is that Pioli is truly on a very short leash. I think he's gone in 2 years...that will have been 5 and that's how long they gave Levy. McDaniels is never coming here. I'll say it one more time, Pioli should have gone, not Haley.

RealSNR 01-07-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8271268)
As I said years ago, herm had croney coordinators forced on him. We didn't get a first down that game because solari ran r2p2. The gailey decision appeared to be one where herm had more input. People forget that herm allowed gaily to run a very pass oriented offense.

If herm had gailey instead of solari, we would have looked very different vs Indy. But again, I fully understand that herm was never going to take the team deep into the playoffs.

I forgot about Solari.

Holy shit. I expected that guy to be a brilliant offensive coordinator. Lots of people did. Never before have I seen a coach with such high expectations from the fans fail so miserably to even sniff them.

SAUTO 01-07-2012 12:05 PM

Sorry for the typo. I can see why everyone is sure we sucked with cassel. That was SUPPOSED TO BE "STICKING WITH CASSEL"
Posted via Mobile Device

stonedstooge 01-07-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8271273)

Faid is checking him out

ToxSocks 01-07-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8271200)
Haleys the guy who kicks players' asses. Romeo is the shoulder they cry on.

Gregg Williams, spagnuolo, mangini, norv... Do we really need to go down the list of great coordinators who were bad head coaches?

They're two totally different jobs. Dc requires you to be great at coaching players and developing strategies. Romeo is exceptional a that. Being a coach means disciplining players, dealing with the media, being on point for personnel decisions, motivating players, managing the team and coaches, setting practice schedules.

It's like any profession. The more you move up, the less it becomes about technical skills.

So you think that Romeo will fail because the team will be undisciplined and that the players want him because he's soft.

Ok. Sure, that's a possibility.

OR

Maybe this team is ready for a HC like Romeo. Maybe Haley came in and was exactly what they needed. He got them into shape and taught them how to take care of their bodies. Taught them to be tough. But he ran his coarse.

Ever thought this team's core talent is old enough now, mature enough, with enough NFL experience to not need someone to scream at them? Maybe their ready for someone who will treat them like men?

Maybe not.

So why argue with such certainty that this team will be worse off? We have no idea. These aren't the ****ing cleveland Browns. Compadre, if he proves he's a failure, i'm sure there will be plenty of time to bitch about it.

Truth is it doesn't matter. HC and OC don't matter when your QB is Matt Cassel.

FringeNC 01-07-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8271161)
When Clark Hunt cleans house in 2 or 3 years starting with Scott Pioli, we can look back on Cassel and Romeo Crennel as the moves that sealed Pioli's fate.

If Pioli trots out Cassel next year, his tenure here will be wholly defined by Cassel, and it won't last 3 more years.

DeezNutz 01-07-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8271262)
we'll win enough games to not be in position to draft a QB...just like this year...

but no one cares...as long as there is some vet cast off trash like Orton to fuel dreams of 9-7 most Chiefs fans are happy

Have we franchised him, yet?

the Talking Can 01-07-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8271282)
Have we franchised him, yet?

ow

how am i supposed to snark when reality is snark proof?

DeezNutz 01-07-2012 12:09 PM

Yeah, that golf coach kicked a lot of ass.

Haley is the coach the players laughed about behind his back. RAC at least has their respect.

The problem is that he might not demand the discipline that is needed.

chiefzilla1501 01-07-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8271251)
LMAO Yeah, the best coaches in the league often send Brodie Croyle out to fake a punt from their own 20.

That's not game management. That's about a coach who likes to take chances. He knew what he wanted to do and he did it.

And by the way, isn't it obvious we did more of that stuff when the team was struggling to be competitive? We didn't do that in 2010. We didn't do that stuff during our winning streak. We ran more of those high risk plays with 2009 cassel and 2011 palko.

DeezNutz 01-07-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8271293)
That's not game management. That's about a coach who likes to take chances. He knew what he wanted to do and he did it.

And by the way, isn't it obvious we did more of that stuff when the team was struggling to be competitive? We didn't do that in 2010. We didn't do that stuff during our winning streak. We ran more of those high risk plays with 2009 cassel and 2011 palko.

He was a ****ing fool. 4th and 1 at the 36? FG....followed by an onside kick.

He didn't have a ****ing plan because he didn't have a ****ing clue.

chiefzilla1501 01-07-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8271279)
So you think that Romeo will fail because the team will be undisciplined and that the players want him because he's soft.

OR

Maybe this team is ready for a HC like Romeo. Maybe Haley came in and was exactly what they needed. He got them into shape and taught them how to take care of their bodies. Taught them to be tough. But he ran his coarse.

Ever thought this team's core talent is old enough now, mature enough, with enough NFL experience to not need someone to scream at them? Maybe their ready for someone who will treat them like men?

Maybe not.

So why argue with such certainty that this team will be worse off? We have no idea. These aren't the ****ing cleveland Browns. Compadre, if he proves he's a failure, i'm sure there will be plenty of time to bitch about it.

People call it the Peter principle. I call it the Marty principle.

And the finest example is San diego. Marty created the most disciplined team in football. Flawless. That's what mart did best. Norv completely dismantled it. Like Romeo, norv is a good guy who just has no concept of motivating players.

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8271299)

His 2:00 drills were the most painful I've ever seen in 30+ years of being a football fan.

SAUTO 01-07-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8271306)
His 2:00 drills were the most painful I've ever seen in 30+ years of being a football fan.

Herm was right there too... What did we do to deserve the last two coaches?
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 01-07-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8271306)

But he's going to go on to be a great HC somewhere else. LMAO.

J Diddy 01-07-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8271302)

And the finest example is San diego. Marty created the most disciplined team in football. Flawless. That's what mart did best. Norv completely dismantled it. Like Romeo, norv is a good guy who just has no concept of motivating players.

I watched a team under RC give the Packers their only loss of the season, and were 1 blocked fg from being 3-0 underneath him. If that is not motivation I don't know what is.

O.city 01-07-2012 12:16 PM

I kind of agree with Detox. Maybe the players are at a level that they don't need a guy yelling and screaming at them anymore.

Maybe that was the plan all along. Have a young crazy ass coach come in and toughen them up then let a vet come in for the SB runs.

chiefzilla1501 01-07-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8271273)

Herm wasn't a guy that could take your team deep into the playoffs. And I think any gm knows it would be a wildly unpopular hire given his track record in kc.

I wouldn't hire him if I were a gm. But that doesn't mean he's nearly as bad a coach as everyone wants him to be. Again, I'm not saying he was a great coach for kc. I'm saying he was a great coach to usher in the rebuild.

ToxSocks 01-07-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8271302)

You really think that motivation is a problem for Romeo though? I think he'll have his issues, but I don't think Motivation will be one of them.

I never really watched the browns (who the **** watches the browns?) so i can't say what kind of HC he'd be. But i have seen his D's play, and they play hard for him.

RealSNR 01-07-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

He's young but talented. He was only given 2.5 seasons to figure shit out about being a head coach. He just needed more time. The questionable gameday decisions would have gone away eventually.

O.city 01-07-2012 12:19 PM

It would have been pretty hard to follow someone that was a golfer.

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8271308)
Herm was right there too... What did we do to deserve the last two coaches?
Posted via Mobile Device

True, but the difference is that under Herm, the 2:00 drill didn't matter most of the time, because we were already getting whipped at the end of the half or game.

Haley's mismanagement of the game and clock in those situations cost us momentum, and some close games ultimately.

SAUTO 01-07-2012 12:19 PM

We need dane back today.

There are some people that need to be told to go **** their mothers but I just can't bring myself to do it
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 01-07-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8271315)
Herm wasn't a guy that could take your team deep into the playoffs. And I think any gm knows it would be a wildly unpopular hire given his track record in kc.

I wouldn't hire him if I were a gm. But that doesn't mean he's nearly as bad a coach as everyone wants him to be. Again, I'm not saying he was a great coach for kc. I'm saying he was a great coach to usher in the rebuild.

Because he had the balls to get rid of all the aging brokedick Vermeil players and start with a fresh foundation?

I guess. And I thank him for that. But if he was any kind of head coach, he would have had more success with the rebuild than he did.

milkman 01-07-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8271275)
I forgot about Solari.

Holy shit. I expected that guy to be a brilliant offensive coordinator. Lots of people did. Never before have I seen a coach with such high expectations from the fans fail so miserably to even sniff them.

I was skeptical about Solari.

I never saw him as some great O-Line guru.

The fact is, he was a guy that schemed the blocking for a team with one of teh best O-Lines the NFL has ever seen, and the only guy that developed into a great O-Lineman while he was the O-Line coach was Brian Waters, and the responsibility for teaching technique was the asst. O-Line coach.

Skeptical really isn't the correct word.

I thought it was stupidity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8271279)

OR

Maybe not.

Great coaches demand perfection.

Look at the SB winners.

Not many Dick Vermeil's in there.

The Lombardi's, The Landry's, the Bellichick's, the Parcells' types are the ones that win.

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8271319)
He's young but talented. He was only given 2.5 seasons to figure shit out about being a head coach. He just needed more time. The questionable gameday decisions would have gone away eventually.

I watch a lot of Atlanta, and I can tell you Mike Smith didn't make anything resembling the mistakes Haley made for three years for even his first season.

And 90+% of the folks here laughed when the Falcons hire Smith.

DeezNutz 01-07-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8271319)

We all need more time, dude.

I think Haley has a place in the league, but I simply do not believe he has the mental makeup to be a successful HC. He's far, far too volatile.

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8271323)
We need dane back today.

There are some people that need to be told to go **** their mothers but I just can't bring myself to do it
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

DeezNutz 01-07-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

We need dane back today.

Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO.

SAUTO 01-07-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8271322)
True, but the difference is that under Herm, the 2:00 drill didn't matter most of the time, because we were already getting whipped at the end of the half or game.

Haley's mismanagement of the game and clock in those situations cost us momentum, and some close games ultimately.

Herm had a guy just to help with that and still was horrible too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat 01-07-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8271161)
When Clark Hunt cleans house in 2 or 3 years starting with Scott Pioli, we can look back on Cassel and Romeo Crennel as the moves that sealed Pioli's fate.

This is a timeless post folks.

chiefzilla1501 01-07-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherLover (Post 8271312)
I watched a team under RC give the Packers their only loss of the season, and were 1 blocked fg from being 3-0 underneath him. If that is not motivation I don't know what is.

This always happens. Especially for players. Even at our offices. You have an asshole boss and you LOVE it when the finally hire the good guy. If the new guy doesn't run a tight ship, you start taking a day off or two. The. You realize he doesn't care or notice so you take another.

I think next year, the players play real hard for Romeo. Harder than they ever played for Haley. But I think after that, you'll really see if Romeo can keep that motivation going. I think what you saw with norv in sd is exactly what we'll see in kc, except that Romeo will have less talent to work with.

Messier 01-07-2012 12:22 PM

Crennel at least acknowledged the possibility that Orton could be the full time starter.

DeezNutz 01-07-2012 12:22 PM

Sauto, if badgirl's line wasn't iconic, I'd have to use your last post as my sig.

It needs to be someone's, that's for damn sure.

DeezNutz 01-07-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8271334)
Crennel at least acknowledged the possibility that Orton could be the full time starter.

Strike one.

SAUTO 01-07-2012 12:23 PM

Otwp we should just call them a toss up. Either way we lost...
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8271335)
Sauto, if badgirl's line wasn't iconic, I'd have to use your last post as my sig.

It needs to be someone's, that's for damn sure.

I'll take it.

LMAO

Messier 01-07-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8271338)
Strike one.

Cassel fan huh?

DeezNutz 01-07-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8271343)
Cassel fan huh?

I love the smell of mediocre QB in the morning.

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8271339)
Otwp we should just call them a toss up. Either way we lost...
Posted via Mobile Device

Absolutely.

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8271346)

http://i28.tinypic.com/k0gcnb.jpg

FringeNC 01-07-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

I liked Haley, but I thought he was a beaten man. You are correct in that criticism. He took risks his first two years, especially his first year, and got criticized (although anyone who is familiar with the 4th down literature knows Haley was right), and I think the criticism and/or Pioli made Haley gun shy. The guy just wasn't the same coach this year as he was his first year. His 4th down decisions this year were very strange. I think he Haley vacillated between trying not get fired, and saying **** it, I'm fired anyway.

milkman 01-07-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

We need dane back today.

Posted via Mobile Device

Pussy.

Grow some balls and **** your mother.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-07-2012 12:27 PM

Pioli had so much potential... Or did he?

Titty Meat 01-07-2012 12:27 PM

FROM THE 50 ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

chiefzilla1501 01-07-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8271324)
Because he had the balls to get rid of all the aging brokedick Vermeil players and start with a fresh foundation?

I guess. And I thank him for that. But if he was any kind of head coach, he would have had more success with the rebuild than he did.

He not only got rid of those guys. He demanded to Clark hunt to lessen Carl peterson's power so he can do it. If herm let Peterson walk all over him, I guarantee you that in 2007 and 2008, Peterson brings in a few Shawn barbers, makes the team 8-8, and we'd be golden. Herm made sure that didn't happen. And even if that put his job on the line, he committed to playing youth even if they were making mistakes.

No head coach could have fielded a winner. There has rarely been a team that hit ground zero the way the chiefs did. 10 years of botched drafts, a salary cap over maxed out because of trying to buy the band aids to win vermeil a super bowl, two shoddy coordinators forced on the coach due to croneyism, and a gm who refused to blow the team up and rebuild. Not to mention... Eventually, some of the worst qb situations in the league.

O.city 01-07-2012 12:28 PM

I don't think you nec. need to be a hard ass all the time or a players coach all the time. You gotta find that balance.

Maybe/hopefully Romeo learned from his time in Cleveland and can be more of a hard ass.

ChiefsCountry 01-07-2012 12:29 PM

Doesn't matter if Vince Lombardi, Bill Walsh, Chuck Noll, or Hank Stram is the coach, if Matt Cassel is your QB you are ****ed. Pioli can take his genious label off if Cassel is the starter on opening day and should be looking for a new job within two years.

DeezNutz 01-07-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 8271350)
I liked Haley, but I thought he was a beaten man. You are correct in that criticism. He took risks his first two years, especially his first year, and got criticized (although anyone who is familiar with the 4th down literature knows Haley was right), and I think the criticism and/or Pioli made Haley gun shy. The guy just wasn't the same coach this year as he was his first year. His 4th down decisions this year were very strange. I think he Haley vacillated between trying not get fired, and saying **** it, I'm fired anyway.

I need to know what the **** was going on with Palko. If Haley was indeed playing this kid as a sort of "**** you" to Pioli, he is the single most abysmal HC in the history of the NFL because he essentially quit on his team but stuck around to rub salt in the wound.

Bobby Patrino thinks that's a gutless thing to do.

O.city 01-07-2012 12:29 PM

I do love Cp. No matter what coach was hired we would have fallout.

It's comical to watch.

Someone better mark this thread. Crow will need to be eaten one way or another.

Messier 01-07-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8271346)

So, Cassel then?

Lightrise 01-07-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8271333)
This always happens. Especially for players. Even at our offices. You have an asshole boss and you LOVE it when the finally hire the good guy. If the new guy doesn't run a tight ship, you start taking a day off or two. The. You realize he doesn't care or notice so you take another.

I think next year, the players play real hard for Romeo. Harder than they ever played for Haley. But I think after that, you'll really see if Romeo can keep that motivation going. I think what you saw with norv in sd is exactly what we'll see in kc, except that Romeo will have less talent to work with.

I think you got this exactly right...and perhaps Romeo gets a 2 year deal with an OPTION on the 3rd year, and Pioli plots the future over the next year. Otherwise, the outcome you predict I give about a 90% probability.

Titty Meat 01-07-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8271365)

It's comical to watch.

This isn't true. There was no fall out when Haley was hired.

SAUTO 01-07-2012 12:30 PM

Wait, cp forced coordinators on herm too?
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 01-07-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8271369)
This isn't true. There was no fall out when Haley was hired.

There should have been.

DeezNutz 01-07-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8271366)
So, Cassel then?

Carpet bomb the lot of them. And I don't give a **** about fifth-round picks, Iowa fans.

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8271365)

It's comical to watch.

Why bother?

Crow hasn't been consumed from the first go-round with Pioli's hire, the trade for Cassel, etc.

chiefzilla1501 01-07-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8271327)
I watch a lot of Atlanta, and I can tell you Mike Smith didn't make anything resembling the mistakes Haley made for three years for even his first season.

And 90+% of the folks here laughed when the Falcons hire Smith.

Smith also has had talented teams who don't need to take huge gambles to win. As i said before, when the team is winning and consistently competitive in games, I can only remember less than a handful of times Haley took these kinds of enormous risks. We saw it a bunch in 2009. And I don't think it's a coincidence we started to see it again when Tyler palko started playing.

I think he knew that in many cases, the only way to win games was to gamble. Because he simply didn't have the talent to win the traditional way.

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8271376)
Smith also has had talented teams who don't need to take huge gambles to win. As i said before, when the team is winning and consistently competitive in games, I can only remember less than a handful of times Haley took these kinds of enormous risks. We saw it a bunch in 2009. And I don't think it's a coincidence we started to see it again when Tyler palko started playing.

I think he knew that in many cases, the only way to win games was to gamble. Because he simply didn't have the talent to win the traditional way.

Since when is a routine 2:00 drill taking "huge gambles?"

Did you get a lobotomy for Christmas?

O.city 01-07-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8271376)

Ok **** this talent bullshit.

He doesn't have the talent at qb to win. That's it.

Titty Meat 01-07-2012 12:33 PM

Too lazy to find the thread but I recall there was discussion when Crennel was hired as DC that he could possibly be HC here one day and people shit their pants. It would be interesting to see who's changed or kept that opinion.

SAUTO 01-07-2012 12:33 PM

Mike smith fourth down play this year in ot while in no fg range already ring a bell for anyone here?
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 01-07-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8271374)
Why bother?

Crow hasn't been consumed from the first go-round with Pioli's hire, the trade for Cassel, etc.

I'll eat some for hte Cassel debacle. Thought he would be better by now. Even defended him a few times.

But I've moved on. I'm driving the trade up for Luck truck. It's gaining passengers by the day.

O.city 01-07-2012 12:34 PM

And if it doesn't happen I'm gonna drive that truck right into the side of Arrowhead

DeezNutz 01-07-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8271387)
Mike smith fourth down play this year in ot while in no fg range already ring a bell for anyone here?
Posted via Mobile Device

cdcox, I believe, posted a statistical analysis of "correct" fourth down decisions. Essentially, teams should be going for it inside the 20s. 4th and 1, going for it is almost always the right decision.

Still, it takes balls with the game on the line like that.

FringeNC 01-07-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8271364)
I need to know what the **** was going on with Palko. If Haley was indeed playing this kid as a sort of "**** you" to Pioli, he is the single most abysmal HC in the history of the NFL because he essentially quit on his team but stuck around to rub salt in the wound.

I thought the offense was worse with Cassel versus Miami and Denver than it was the next few games with Palko. Yes, Palko was the worst QB in the league by a wide margin, but that is because Cassel wasn't included. Cassel's YPA were just horrendous.

SAUTO 01-07-2012 12:35 PM

I also think except for the qb position we are every bit as talented as san diego
Posted via Mobile Device

Messier 01-07-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8271373)
Carpet bomb the lot of them. And I don't give a **** about fifth-round picks, Iowa fans.

Well, in the real world, saying Cassel isn't a certainty to be the starter is a small important step.

chiefzilla1501 01-07-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8271364)

This is how i feel too. But that's not black and white either. Haley committed to hooking palko against Chicago. I don't buy for a second that he ever thought palko was better than orton. Our main complaint is palko over stanzi... But who even knows if stanzi is anywhere close to taking over.

But yeah, I sensed through much of the year that haley looked beat up. he didn't seem like the same coach.

Lightrise 01-07-2012 12:36 PM

It's frustrating thinking this through...it all ends up disappointing no matter how much or little you twist possibilities. This is why the future is NOW...Romeo is a throw away coach, he completes the right 53 with a FA or 2. Therefore, please Hunt...force Pioli to sell the farm to trade up for the second pick, let Romeo stick his big toe in the bottom of the leaking boat for next year and we start over with the franchise QB. That should keep people in the seats and not in their therapists office.

SAUTO 01-07-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8271396)
cdcox, I believe, posted a statistical analysis of "correct" fourth down decisions. Essentially, teams should be going for it inside the 20s. 4th and 1, going for it is almost always the right decision.

Still, it takes balls with the game on the line like that.

Wrong side of the field and in ot and not converting it = game over and a loss
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8271387)
Posted via Mobile Device

I never had a problem with that call.

The Falcons ran the ball very well that day, and their kicker had at least one miss that day, possibly more - I can't remember.

If he misses, NO wins anyway, more than likely.

If you can't get 2 inches, you don't deserve to win. Rather put the game in the hands of my offense there than trust a kicker with a 47-48 yarder.

boogblaster 01-07-2012 12:38 PM

let it be ...... i guess ........

DeezNutz 01-07-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8271401)
Well, in the real world, saying Cassel isn't a certainty to be the starter is a small important step.

That's fine. I'm all for getting rid of the trash. But if the answer is to keep a QB who is only marginally better, what's the point?

Can a team, realistically, expect to win a SB with Orton?

Draft, draft, draft, draft. If Orton keeps the seat warm, cool. If Orton is considered the answer, they all need to **** their mothers.

cdcox 01-07-2012 12:38 PM

Meh. This doesn't seem like a move that is going to lead to a Superbowl. OTH, this is a roster that could win 10 games. But this move really looks like the franchise is treading water.

Let's see what they do about the QB situation. That would be an opportunity to show that they aren't treading water.

But them more decisions that Pioli makes, the more his critics are proven correct.

O.city 01-07-2012 12:38 PM

I can get on board with this hire if we draft a qb early in the draft. If Wilson comes out or RGIII or Luck.

Maybe Hunt will want to regain some of the Arkansas fanbase and will draft Wilson.

tk13 01-07-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8271326)
Great coaches demand perfection.

Look at the SB winners.

Not many Dick Vermeil's in there.

The Lombardi's, The Landry's, the Bellichick's, the Parcells' types are the ones that win.

That's on the mark. Although I think Vermeil was just as much of a perfectionist as those other guys, if not more so. That's why he'd run his team into the ground with three+ hour practices until they hated him. Even in KC, guys like Willie Roaf blame him for shortening his career. Just because he came across as a nice guy in press conferences, doesn't mean he was soft on the players.

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 8271411)
Meh. This doesn't seem like a move that is going to lead to a Superbowl. OTH, this is a roster that could win 10 games. But this move really looks like the franchise is treading water.

Let's see what they do about the QB situation. That would be an opportunity to show that they aren't treading water.

But them more decisions that Pioli makes, the more his critics are proven correct.

Yup.