ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Amazing Spider Man trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247350)

InChiefsHeaven 07-02-2012 05:34 AM

And I thought Toby was perfect, as was Whats Her Name as Mary Jane. Sue me.

Deberg_1990 07-02-2012 06:28 AM

heres something interesting....

Toby Maguire was 26 when he first played Spidey and Andrew Garfield is 28. Both playing high schoolers.

JD10367 07-02-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8713850)
****ing ridiculous that they bothered making this. They already did a Spider Man trilogy, and most non-geeks enjoyed it fine. I liked Spiderman as a kid, but I'm not over the top knowledgeable about it. I'm just saying as a "lay person" this shit is stupid and unnecessary. It actually almost pisses me off. Hollywood has nothing new. Nothing.

Next they'll re-boot Superman again for the 600th time or some shit. Or since they have the Avengers, next they need to do the Justice League...then have a movie will all of them in it...

...it's just stupid. Blech.

That's the great thing about America. You have the free will to stay home and not go see a movie. Or to not click into a thread you obviously have nothing to add to except to say you hate it and think it's stupid.

JD10367 07-02-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8713861)
heres something interesting....

Toby Maguire was 26 when he first played Spidey and Andrew Garfield is 28. Both playing high schoolers.

I actually had a bigger problem with Emma Stone as a high-schooler. Garfield is thin and geeky enough to pull it off. Stone, while only 23, does NOT look like a 17-year-old high school girl for the most part. They should've set it in college instead of high school; not sure why they did that.

InChiefsHeaven 07-02-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8713874)
That's the great thing about America. You have the free will to stay home and not go see a movie. Or to not click into a thread you obviously have nothing to add to except to say you hate it and think it's stupid.

Or to click on said thread to voice my opinion regarding the asinine notion that this movie needed to be made.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!:thumb:

Brock 07-02-2012 09:32 PM

JFC. 10/10. This is how a spider man movie is done. Truly funny moments, real chemistry between the actors, scary fight scenes.

I don't really like 3d movies, but it's necessary on this one.

JFC.

007 07-02-2012 09:54 PM

3d is never necessary. I went to see Prometheus based on all the 3d reviews and it was no Avatar.

Brock 07-02-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8715620)
3d is never necessary. I went to see Prometheus based on all the 3d reviews and it was no Avatar.

Just offering up my opinion on it. It definitely was important on this one.

007 07-02-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8715623)
Just offering up my opinion on it. It definitely was important on this one.

I know. As was I. :thumb:

I'm just tired of 3d. I have seen about 5 movies in 3D and Avatar was the only one I didn't feel the money was a complete waste.

It is cool at moments but overall, always meh.

ThaVirus 07-02-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8715590)
JFC. 10/10. This is how a spider man movie is done. Truly funny moments, real chemistry between the actors, scary fight scenes.

I don't really like 3d movies, but it's necessary on this one.

JFC.

****ing fantastic, so good to hear! I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Gravedigger 07-02-2012 10:43 PM

I, for one, am looking forward to this movie. I loved the first 2 Spiderman movies with the second honestly being one of the best comic book movies ever. My complaints on the third, more so than emo spidey and too many villains was that I knew that Venom would get the backburner. Venom, along with Gambit, are two of my all time favorite comic book characters. They don't deserve to be side characters the way they were.

But this movie has what I want it to have, The Lizard, a more realistic spiderman (although I too liked Maguire), Emma Stone, and Emma Stone. Who gives a f*** if these two don't look like high schoolers, it's not like they're getting Betty White or Steve Guttenberg in there, you don't complain about the reality of the movie at all but Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield as high schoolers, HOLY SHIT! RED FLAG!!!

Tribal Warfare 07-03-2012 02:02 AM

damn good flick, better than the McGuire/Raimi film in some respects. Plus, if you have read the comics there is one brief scene that you'll wince at.

JD10367 07-03-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8715628)
I know. As was I. :thumb:

I'm just tired of 3d. I have seen about 5 movies in 3D and Avatar was the only one I didn't feel the money was a complete waste.

It is cool at moments but overall, always meh.

It works well for Spidey because of the nature of his superpower. Webslinging through the city is much more effective in 3D.

JD10367 07-03-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 8715721)
Who gives a f*** if these two don't look like high schoolers, it's not like they're getting Betty White or Steve Guttenberg in there, you don't complain about the reality of the movie at all but Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield as high schoolers, HOLY SHIT! RED FLAG!!!

I just don't get the reasoning for making it high school. All they had to do was make it college. There's even a specific scene where Stone yells at her father, "I'm seventeen!"

JD10367 07-03-2012 06:46 AM

I did like the spin this director and actor put on Peter Parker. I don't read the comics but, from what little I remember as a child in the 70s, Parker was simply portrayed as 1) attempting to perpetually avenge/correct the death of Uncle Ben, 2) being slightly nerdy in that he liked to take pictures and didn't look like Adonis, and 3) was a wiseass. This film and portrayal bring a little more depth to that story by fleshing it out (only child, felt abandoned by parents, brainy, seems IMO to have a bit of ADD/Asperger's).

I also liked the Lizard aspect of the story. I didn't feel he was a throw-in villain; he's integral to the storyline, the creation of Spiderman, and Spiderman's creation of the Lizard. You feel bad for the guy a bit, even.

And I want to do very bad things to Emma Stone.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-03-2012 10:02 AM

Bad ass movie. Loved it. Very well done. Garfield killed it and put Toby to shame. That's not a knock on him Garfield just did way better and Emma Stone was a better MJ. Go see it.

lcarus 07-03-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8716232)
Bad ass movie. Loved it. Very well done. Garfield killed it and put Toby to shame. That's not a knock on him Garfield just did way better and Emma Stone was a better MJ. Go see it.

Isn't Emma Stone playing Gwen Stacy?

Brock 07-03-2012 10:11 AM

Also: The obligatory cameo by Stan Lee is one of the funniest parts of the movie, instead of being just a crappy forced afterthought like it usually is.

Red Brooklyn 07-03-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8714069)
Or to click on said thread to voice my opinion regarding the asinine notion that this movie needed to be made.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!:thumb:

I think its asinine to say that any movie needed to be made. But I digress.

So looking forward to seeing this thing. I've been on board since they announced the cast. Glad people are enjoying it.

lcarus 07-03-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8716429)
I think its asinine to say that any movie needed to be made. But I digress.

So looking forward to seeing this thing. I've been on board since they announced the cast. Glad people are enjoying it.

I'd really like to see Ted and Spider-Man soon. Of course Batman is coming soon so I know I wanna see that more than anything.

Tribal Warfare 07-03-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8715871)
damn good flick, better than the McGuire/Raimi film in some respects. Plus, if you have read the comics there is one brief scene that you'll wince at.

Spoiler!

Chiefs Pantalones 07-03-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8716245)
Isn't Emma Stone playing Gwen Stacy?

;)

Red Brooklyn 07-03-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8716453)
I'd really like to see Ted and Spider-Man soon. Of course Batman is coming soon so I know I wanna see that more than anything.

Completely agree.

I've got a good, long list of movies I still haven't seen. Jeez, I still haven't seen Avengers for crying out loud!

But I won't miss The Dark Knight Rises.

DBOSHO 07-03-2012 02:07 PM

I dont know why everyone loved this movie. I thought it was okay but nothing to blow a load over. I was pretty dissapointed.

Brock 07-03-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8716711)
I dont know why everyone loved this movie. I thought it was okay but nothing to blow a load over. I was pretty dissapointed.

You've made it clear you like shitty movies.

DBOSHO 07-03-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8716726)
You've made it clear you like shitty movies.

I bet you liked green lantern too.

10/10. Ryan Reynolds. JFK

kysirsoze 07-03-2012 07:55 PM

8/10 Garfield was great. Stone was good, too. Rhys Ifans was great as Conners but got a little moustache-twirly as the movie went on. Sheen was a fantastic Uncle Ben, though Sally Fields was a little hit and miss as Aunt May.

Peter/Spidey was written with much more depth and care than in the past. My only real gripe with the movie is somewhat two-fold. I love the cheesy lines as they are integral to Spider-man's style, but some of the plot points stretched the confines of acceptable hokeyness. The plot also fell victim to a number of well-worn cliches. That's not the end of the world, but in a reboot of a movie that is a mere decade old, you should really do what you can to surprise and engage your audience.

Overall, great job. It's a LOT closer to what the first movie should have been and I loved the first two films. I am really looking forward to the next one.

kysirsoze 07-03-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8716469)
Spoiler!

I can't believe I didn't even put that together till now. Pretty funny.

Brock 07-03-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8717343)
I bet you liked green lantern too.

10/10. Ryan Reynolds. JFK

The other spider man films were closer to green lantern than this one was. Your opinion can be safely ignored.

Wallcrawler 07-03-2012 08:29 PM

I thought this movie was awesome. Spoilers if you read any further.

First off, I love how its a cheese-free movie. No raindrops keep fallin on my head, no electric slide, none of that bullshit. It was a far more real feeling movie than any of the previous three. There's real emotion in the story and Garfield portrays this incredibly.

The way they do the death of Uncle Ben in this one I liked a lot better. You go right from seeing Peter do the completely wrong thing, to Ben trying to do the right thing, but is just not strong enough and is shot and killed. No dying last words, he's just gone. Its effin brutal. The fact that they go a different route than the comics with Peter not catching the killer serves the story in that his mistake is going to gnaw at him for the forseeable future, not having any closure with it.

Loved the Spider-Man fight scenes. His incorporation of his web shooters in the fights was awesome and something that the Raimi films just didnt do very well. He moved like Spider-Man should. Fast and agile, all over the place and looked cool as hell doing it.

I did have a couple of nitpicks with the movie, some regarding just how careless Peter was with his identity. Using his powers in front of people to do a backboard shattering dunk from the 3pt line, Iron gripping a basketball in an open hand, and casually tossing a football into a goalpost that got severely bent. All this and nobody ever questions what is going on.

Then he uses his camera with his freakin name plastered on it in the sewer, revealing who he is to the Lizard. He flat out tells Gwen who he is, and he gets unmasked by Captain Stacy as well. I mean, damn. What the hell is the point of the mask? As Spidey says early in the film "Nobody seems to grasp the concept of the mask." It really rings true for much of this film.

Didnt like how they handled Captain Stacy, but this is more of a "book is better than the film" scenario. In the books, Captain Stacy just figures out who Peter really is, and he reveals that in his dying words to Spider-Man after sacrificing his body to save a small child from falling rubble during a throwdown between Spider-Man and Dr Octopus. His last words to Peter are "Take care of her, son. She loves you very much." Not the forcing of Peter to make an empty promise to stay away from Gwen. Having the Lizard kill him was just as unneccessary to me as having him cuff and unmask Peter in the street.

Thats about it. Awesome movie I thought, and with the great portrayals of Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy in this movie, its going to be absolutely brutal emotionally if they decide to do the Green Goblin arc.

Anyway, great movie. Plan on seeing it again and definately buying it when it comes out on blu ray.

arrowheadnation 07-03-2012 08:36 PM

I saw it today. It was a good movie. I thought it was rushed. IMO the Raimi Spiderman 1 was a better story for the most part. Don't let that deter you from seeing it though. It's still pretty good.

I have a spoiler question though:

Spoiler!

Gravedigger 07-03-2012 10:58 PM

[rant]

Anyone else annoyed how the one main gripe of this film is that its too soon of a reboot? All these reviewers on Rotten Tomatoes who hated the movie had the same, Deja Vu it was done ten years ago mentality and I see these reviews as empty words.

You knew it was going to be a reboot. You want them to continue on the same storyline with a new cast, new director, and new vision for how Spidey's story goes? Given it was 20 some odd years after the original films but lets ask Superman Returns how that venture went.

Rumor had it that Sam Raimi couldn't get his vision for Spiderman 4 out in time for the July 4th weekend of this year so Sony went with the reboot and new people instead. I commend Marc Webb and the entire crew for getting something like this out in that amount of time. I think it was time for Raimi to move on anyways. I really don't think Spiderman 4 would've masked 3, in all honesty, especially with supposedly Morbius as one of the main villains. Unless you did Carnage, it had no shot imo. Its like if they tried to make movies after X3, after you've killed major characters that never died in the ways they did in the comics, you've destroyed that franchise, and its time to restart.

Instead of griping about the speed of the reboot why don't you tell me more intricate details about the movie. The cast, the action scenes, the tone, the emotions, ya know everything else that goes into a movie. It's a one trick pony show from a reviewer that focuses on one innate point like Matt Cassel does on Dewayne Bowe. Get over it and do your job.

[/rant]

BWillie 07-04-2012 01:47 AM

Another Spiderman movie that looks hilariously terrible. A man dressed as a spider fighting a dinosaur. Are you fucking kidding me

Tribal Warfare 07-04-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 8717440)
I saw it today. It was a good movie. I thought it was rushed. IMO the Raimi Spiderman 1 was a better story for the most part. Don't let that deter you from seeing it though. It's still pretty good.

I have a spoiler question though:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

DBOSHO 07-04-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8717403)
The other spider man films were closer to green lantern than this one was. Your opinion can be safely ignored.

:(

DBOSHO 07-04-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8716469)
Spoiler!

Sorry i dont get it. Why wince at it?

Wallcrawler 07-04-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8718014)
Sorry i dont get it. Why wince at it?

In the comics, Green Goblin tosses Gwen off a bridge. Spider-Man catches her with a single webline, but the sudden stop causes her head to whip backward and break her neck.

Wallcrawler 07-04-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 8717887)
Another Spiderman movie that looks hilariously terrible. A man dressed as a spider fighting a dinosaur. Are you fucking kidding me

Your and idiot.

JD10367 07-04-2012 09:59 AM

As hot as Emma is, I must admit, Ron Howard's daughter as a platinum blonde had some pants-tenting appeal for me.

http://whatculture.com/wp-content/up..._images_08.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-14CCLq5pID...las+Howard.jpg

Pushead2 07-04-2012 02:59 PM

Saw it last night - got an hour in and the audio was not in synced with the film. They said they couldn't fix it and gave us a free pass.

I will NOT be using that free pass to finish the film. D-

Micjones 07-04-2012 03:20 PM

Headed to see this in about 40 minutes.

Deberg_1990 07-04-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8718707)
Headed to see this in about 40 minutes.

Nice. Shouldn't be as crowded tonight since people are usually busy doing family activities.

This thing made 35mil yesterday. People love this character obviously

Jewish Rabbi 07-04-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 8718689)
Saw it last night - got an hour in and the audio was not in synced with the film. They said they couldn't fix it and gave us a free pass.

I will NOT be using that free pass to finish the film. D-

It got better as the film went on. Started out a little too slow for me as well.

Reaper16 07-04-2012 04:27 PM

I enjoyed it.

As for the credits tease...I have no good idea who that was supposed to be. My best guess?
Spoiler!

Chiefs Pantalones 07-04-2012 04:45 PM

Best Spider-Man movie by far. Great casting

kysirsoze 07-04-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8718816)
I enjoyed it.

As for the credits tease...I have no good idea who that was supposed to be. My best guess?
Spoiler!

Good thought. I was stumped by the tease but that's a good guess.

kysirsoze 07-04-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 8717431)
I thought this movie was awesome. Spoilers if you read any further.

First off, I love how its a cheese-free movie.

Really?

Spoiler!

Not saying I didn't really like the film, but it wasn't immune to the cheese factor.

Micjones 07-04-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8718729)
Nice. Shouldn't be as crowded tonight since people are usually busy doing family activities.

This thing made 35mil yesterday. People love this character obviously

The movie theater was almost full.
Movie-watching is ALWAYS popular on holidays.

Micjones 07-04-2012 07:45 PM

Pretty good flick. Successful reboot.
Wish I'd stayed to see the post-credits scene.

Brock 07-04-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8719159)
Pretty good flick. Successful reboot.
Wish I'd stayed to see the post-credits scene.

Doesn't matter, it was completely inscrutable.

luv 07-04-2012 10:04 PM

Went to see this tonight. IMAX 3D. I liked it, but I'm too unfamiliar with the comic to do any comparisons.

mr. tegu 07-05-2012 09:09 AM

Here is my dilemma. I see there are mostly positive reviews about this movie, but I was never really expecting to go see this movie in the theaters for various reasons. I was just planning on waiting until it came out to rent. Now I went to see Prometheus in the theater, in IMAX 3D at that because of the reviews on here for it being worth it for its great visuals...however, that movie was certainly not worth the extra money for IMAX 3D and was not really worth seeing in the theaters. I was greatly dissappointed as the story/plot was just silly and in general not very good. So am I to expect this movie IS actually a good movie worth seeing in the theaters?

Wallcrawler 07-05-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8719591)
Here is my dilemma. I see there are mostly positive reviews about this movie, but I was never really expecting to go see this movie in the theaters for various reasons. I was just planning on waiting until it came out to rent. Now I went to see Prometheus in the theater, in IMAX 3D at that because of the reviews on here for it being worth it for its great visuals...however, that movie was certainly not worth the extra money for IMAX 3D and was not really worth seeing in the theaters. I was greatly dissappointed as the story/plot was just silly and in general not very good. So am I to expect this movie IS actually a good movie worth seeing in the theaters?

If you like Spider-Man and would like to see a pretty good movie about Spider-Man's origin and a story about the origin of the Lizard, go see it.

Its a comic book film. Watch it as a comic book film. If you do that, you'll enjoy it, but if you park your ass in the seat with your "just gimme a reason to shred this movie on CP when I get home" glasses on, then yeah its a waste of your money.

Who wouldve thought so many people would get such a big bug up their ass over a few cranes? Seriously, I lol'd.

Wallcrawler 07-05-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 8719147)
Really?

Spoiler!

Not saying I didn't really like the film, but it wasn't immune to the cheese factor.

You actually believe those instances youre describing, compare in ANY way, to Raindrops keep fallin on my head, The Power Ranger reject, or the electric slide?

Gimme a break. The crane sequence doesnt even qualify if you were awake during the film.

Spoiler!

Micjones 07-05-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8719187)
Doesn't matter, it was completely inscrutable.

Really? I was told...

Spoiler!

Brock 07-05-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8719644)
Really? I was told...

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

ragedogg69 07-05-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 8717431)
First off, I love how its a cheese-free movie. No raindrops keep fallin on my head, no electric slide, none of that bullshit.

Thank God! From all the positive reviews of this film, this isnt harped enough. When Spidey 3 came out with emo spiderman, everyone complained. I was puzzled because Spiderman was ****ing silly as hell. Like eye-rollingly cheezy. I hated them. I was hipster about it: "I hated spiderman before it was cool.

After hearing the script writer was fired from this movie before it was finished, I wrote it off. But the idea of a snarky, darker, no cheeze Spiderman has me interested. I may waste an afternoon matinee on this.

Deberg_1990 07-05-2012 11:15 AM

The Emo Dancing and raindrops never bothered me much. Thats was just Raimys quirky style (Which i happen to like).

But i can understand why it pissed off alot of comic fans.

This new guy Webb, sounds alot more like a conventional director.

Red Brooklyn 07-05-2012 11:49 AM

Raindrops was fantastic.

The "emo" (god I hate that ****ing term, in general, but especially in application to Spider-Man 3) dancing only bothered me because it was so absurd. And so different from what I was expecting. Peter Parker infected by the Venom parasite should have played differently. It was a bold choice, and I can appreciate that. But I think a better choice could have been made.

ThaVirus 07-05-2012 12:11 PM

I thought it was ok. I, too, had an issue with Parker being so cavalier with his identity. I also thought it was a bit too slow in the beginning with not enough funny to keep us occupied.

Best part of the film was the way Spiderman moved. Very fast, very agile- I thought they did a great job with that, but definitely wanted to see more.

Decent flick but don't think I liked it as much as the Spiderman.

EDIT: 3D for this film is a waste of money.

Tribal Warfare 07-05-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8719941)
I thought it was ok. I, too, had an issue with Parker being so cavalier with his identity. I also thought it was a bit too slow in the beginning with not enough funny to keep us occupied.

Best part of the film was the way Spiderman moved. Very fast, very agile- I thought they did a great job with that, but definitely wanted to see more.

Decent flick but don't think I liked it as much as the Spiderman.

EDIT: 3D for this film is a waste of money.

some scenes were rendered non 3-D, I took my shades off to check due to see how it looked through the glasses and without.

Micjones 07-05-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8719687)
Spoiler!

Take what I said with a grain of salt. That's second-hand information.
I didn't actually see it. It initially occurred to me that I should stay, but ran out without giving it a second thought.

Spoiler!

sedated 07-05-2012 02:14 PM

I’m glad everyone is blocking the spoiler info. Does Uncle Ben make it out alive this time?

ForeverChiefs58 07-05-2012 04:11 PM

Spiderman is Asian. Cool spiderman secrets video
<div><iframe frameborder="0" width="576" height="324" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/vyc/site/player.html#shareUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fscreen.yahoo.com%2Fsecrets-straight-from-spiderman-s-stuntman-29865019.html&browseCarouselUI=hide&startScreenCarouselUI=hide&repeat=0&vid=29865019"></iframe></div>

ForeverChiefs58 07-05-2012 04:20 PM

The part where he said it took 30 min to put the suit on surprised me. Who knew? :shrug: I guess I don't have a lot of experience wearing tights.

kysirsoze 07-05-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 8719617)
You actually believe those instances youre describing, compare in ANY way, to Raindrops keep fallin on my head, The Power Ranger reject, or the electric slide?

Gimme a break. The crane sequence doesnt even qualify if you were awake during the film.

Spoiler!

Never said it was as cheesy as the past movies could be. Just that it is not "cheese-free". It's not. I really liked the movie, but there are some faults.

Spoiler!

Didn't ruin the movie or anything. Did cause my eyes to roll a bit. Liking a movie isn't an all or nothing proposition.

Buck 07-05-2012 07:48 PM

I thought it was great. The crane scene could have been cut from the movie, but I guess they had to show the citizens being on Spidey's side somehow.

Buck 07-05-2012 07:52 PM

Lol I didn't even see you guys debating that crane scene. I guess I'm not the only one who thought it was a glaring mistake in a pretty good movie.

JD10367 07-05-2012 07:59 PM

The end scene is definitely what people think it is.

Spoiler!

kysirsoze 07-05-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8720895)
The end scene is definitely what people think it is.

Spoiler!

That's a weird reveal, then. Guess it will be explained in the inevitable next entry.

Can someone give me a rundown of the current contract status with Spider-man and Sony? I know in the past there wasn't much chance of crossovers because Sony owned the rights, but I had heard at some point there was some kind of deal or expiration that was going to make it possible for Spidey to join the Avengers franchise or at least make a cameo here and there.

Can someone save me from researching this?

Buck 07-05-2012 08:22 PM

They have to make movies every so often or else they lose the rights. I don't know how long they have each time.

kysirsoze 07-05-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8720972)
They have to make movies every so often or else they lose the rights. I don't know how long they have each time.

I see. Has there been real talk of any deal to fold this new Spider-man franchise into the larger Marvel film universe?

Buck 07-05-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 8721235)
I see. Has there been real talk of any deal to fold this new Spider-man franchise into the larger Marvel film universe?

I doubt if that will ever happen.

ThaVirus 07-05-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8721270)
I doubt if that will ever happen.

I don't see why not. Sony and Marvel make more money by cooperating. Seems simple enough, just depends on the dollar amount.

kysirsoze 07-05-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8721296)
I don't see why not. Sony and Marvel make more money by cooperating. Seems simple enough, just depends on the dollar amount.

I guess it's a matter of how much MORE money Marvel will make by renting Spider-man for what would likely be a LOT of money for a small part. It would be awesome, though.

kysirsoze 07-05-2012 09:42 PM

Same thing with X-Men, right? (With 20th Century Fox)

ForeverChiefs58 07-05-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 8721324)
Same thing with X-Men, right? (With 20th Century Fox)

I believe black panther (I've heard was in the making), falcon? something like that, antman, at least some of x-men, spiderman and fantastic four were in Avengers.

AndChiefs 07-06-2012 12:07 AM

Underwhelming but decent.

Deberg_1990 07-06-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 8720951)
That's a weird reveal, then. Guess it will be explained in the inevitable next entry.

Can someone give me a rundown of the current contract status with Spider-man and Sony? I know in the past there wasn't much chance of crossovers because Sony owned the rights, but I had heard at some point there was some kind of deal or expiration that was going to make it possible for Spidey to join the Avengers franchise or at least make a cameo here and there.

Can someone save me from researching this?

At others have mentioned, yes Sony has to keep making these Mediorce Spidy flicks or else they will lose the rights. Same deal with X-Men and FOX, although the last reboot of that was excellent.

The reason they ditched Raimi was over money. They couldnt come to terms and Spidey 3 cost a mint to make. So they started over with a cheap director, cast and lower budget. My guess is they went back to the origin story thing because it buys them time for a new trilogy or whatever.

Doubtfull will will ever see a crossover of some sort because i seriously doubt Sony, FOX, Marvel and Disney could get along and split up the profits.

JD10367 07-06-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8721566)
At others have mentioned, yes Sony has to keep making these Mediorce Spidy flicks or else they will lose the rights. Same deal with X-Men and FOX, although the last reboot of that was excellent.

The reason they ditched Raimi was over money. They couldnt come to terms and Spidey 3 cost a mint to make. So they started over with a cheap director, cast and lower budget. My guess is they went back to the origin story thing because it buys them time for a new trilogy or whatever.

Doubtfull will will ever see a crossover of some sort because i seriously doubt Sony, FOX, Marvel and Disney could get along and split up the profits.

Wasn't it reported around here that they actually had planned to put Oscorp Tower into the skyline in "Avengers", but didn't because the "Avengers" team had already computer-rendered the skyline by the time Sony and Disney agreed to it?

I'm pretty sure there have been Hollywood instances of two usually-competing studios teaming up to make a film. I know Touchstone and Amblin' went in on "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" together (and managed to get Mickey and his gang on screen with the Looney Tunes characters as well). Given the kind of payday an "Avengers"/"Spidey" team-up could bring, I can see the studios playing ball. Hell, if that idea is too big, they could probably just work Spidey into the storyline of one of the individual superhero movies (Iron Man, Hulk, a Black Widow/Hawkeye film, etc.,.).